• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this smoke around the Russian connection makes me think we're likely to see proof sooner than later if it actually is true; either because:

• A foe of Putin / Trump will get its hands on it, or
• Putin fears Trump won't be able to do anything for him due to the animosity and would rather throw the US into chaos instead.

Jackpot

Banned
https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/820759502765125636

9f0oX8w.jpg

5iN7jez.jpg

Yeah. This is bad.

Edit: you can pretend Putin is saying those things instead and it checks out. Trump is just a parrot and a puppet.

Um, shouldn't they be putting quotation marks around that Putin quote?

Zukkoyaki

Great, Now Rubio, one of the plausible sane Republicans(not entirely great, but he did grill Rex) is on the Putin STD Train.

Trump sucked Putin off like a fucking vacuum, the last thing we need is the GOP doing the same.

My slowly dying optimistic side thinks maybe he just said that for political reasons... :(

My slowly dying optimistic side thinks maybe he just said that for political reasons... :(
It's either he said it for political reasons while still planning to vote for him/enjoy Moldy Orange's secret sauce, or the RubioTron 2000 has the ability to lie to his constitutates, because they helped to deliver Trump the White House.

Having the future of the free world rest on the GOP's shoulders is Putin's best chess move.

Ousting Trump would go against so many of the GOP's principles as of late. It would piss off their racist base and damage the chances of a lot of republicans going forward, it would give the Dems easy ammo for the future, it would be admitting fault. All these things go against so much of the party has done the last decade or more.

Unless some big shit goes down pre inauguration I think we are in for a pretty shite 4 years (at minimum).

Something huge needs to drop and it needs to be concrete and impossible to ignore or dispute.

Having the future of the free world rest on the GOP's shoulders is Putin's best chess move.

Ousting Trump would go against so many of the GOP's principles as of late. It would piss off their racist base and damage the chances of a lot of republicans going forward, it would give the Dems easy ammo for the future, it would be admitting fault. All these things go against so much of the party has done the last decade or more.

Unless some big shit goes down pre inauguration I think we are in for a pretty shite 4 years (at minimum).

Something huge needs to drop and it needs to be concrete and impossible to ignore or dispute.

Yeah, we need something big to come and be leaked. There's a reason why Kellyanne Conwoman just said that any details need to be kept secret for "public safety".

antonz

if we could somehow bring Dwight D Eisenhower forward from the 1950s...he would chew Trumps guts out with his own teeth.

If there was one person id bring forward it would be General Patton who trump seems to idolize so much. Patton would bitchslap Trump so hard Trumps head would spin. Trumps love for Russia would infuriate patton to no end.

Its one of those cases where an Idiot(Trump) thinks just because Patton was a no bullshit guy that they would suddenly get along.

This is my issue, if the key is waiting until he goes under oath, I have little to confidence, even with plenty of evidence, there is any action.

With Nixon, the Dems had both chambers of Congress. With Clinton, I believe the GOP had the House and Senate. Just not a Senate super majority.

Here? Dems have no real power and are marginalized at every level of government. You'd be depending on the good will of the GOP - which will not work out in our favor.

Even in a clear case of treason.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, we need something big to come and be leaked. There's a reason why Kellyanne Conwoman just said that any details need to be kept secret for "public safety".

Basically where I see it. The Republicans have tied themselves to Trump, and short of inconvertible evidence and/or a revolt from their lower rungs (because I highly doubt the high-ranking Republican leadership will do anything unless they absolutely have to) they're gonna stand by Trump and his rat-infested ship, because of the implication.

Given how post-truthy their base and those guys who managed to swing the election actually are, it'd be turning their sole bright electoral demographic spot into their enemies again.

If there was one person id bring forward it would be General Patton who trump seems to idolize so much. Patton would bitchslap Trump so hard Trumps head would spin. Trumps love for Russia would infuriate patton to no end.

Its one of those cases where an Idiot(Trump) thinks just because Patton was a no bullshit guy that they would suddenly get along.

What's sad is Trump really conflates "no-nonsense" with his thin-skinned temper tantrums.

Basically where I see it. The Republicans have tied themselves to Trump, and short of inconvertible evidence and/or a revolt from their lower rungs (because I highly doubt the high-ranking Republican leadership will do anything unless they absolutely have to) they're gonna stand by Trump and his rat-infested ship, because of the implication.

Given how post-truthy their base and those guys who managed to swing the election actually are, it'd be turning their sole bright electoral demographic spot into their enemies again.
Well said. Def the unfortunate reality of it. There's a lot of spineless mother fuckers in office right now.

E92 M3

Trump isn't even hiding his intentions, which makes me think that confidence levels are high. He won't get impeached for treason.

mo60

Trump's getting impeached. I'm fairly certain now.

The question is when at this point. Will the whole impeachment process be dragged out over a year or more where the senate, congress and IC(foreign and domestic) build a case for impeachment or will it be a quick process. I think it will be the former at this point.

Trump isn't even hiding his intentions, which makes me think that confidence levels are high. He won't get impeached for treason.

If life was ever fair, he, his staff, and Comey would all be sitting in a cell in prison for treason, but the republicans are such terrible people, that I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't impeached.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This is my issue, if the key is waiting until he goes under oath, I have little to confidence, even with plenty of evidence, there is any action.

With Nixon, the Dems had both chambers of Congress. With Clinton, I believe the GOP had the House and Senate. Just not a Senate super majority.

Here? Dems have no real power and are marginalized at every level of government. You'd be depending on the good will of the GOP - which will not work out in our favor.

Even in a clear case of treason.

Yep, they can chose between supporting their candidate and preserve their own support among his, or impeach their own candidate over claims he was a corrupt traitor and they all got fooled. No way they'll go for the later other than maybe three or four who actually care, and who would only do so if the rest of the party followed suit and they didn't plan to be re-elected later.

It's his only play. He needs people to believe this is fake news, therefore he continues to belittle the IC. When the bottom drops, half the country won't even believe it. He's just hoping it drops after the inauguration, when he can control the FBI/CIA. This is also why Obama opened up NSA comms to all of the IC.

A heart attack is the only thing cutting 8 years of Trump short. Dems have zero power and the GOP put party over country period. That includes treason. GOP will use Trump as their puppet too and do everything possible to disenfranchise minorities, the poor and assure the rich get richer and to a point where power will never be taken back unless by force. Our democracy has failed and none of our systems in place to prevent this kind of shit worked. Impeachment is a pipe dream. Death from natural causes or 8+ years of Trump.

UberTag

A heart attack is the only thing cutting 8 years of Trump short. Dems have zero power and the GOP put party over country period. That includes treason. GOP will use Trump as their puppet too and do everything possible to disenfranchise minorities, the poor and assure the rich get richer and to a point where power will never be taken back unless by force. Our democracy has failed and none of our systems in place to prevent this kind of shit worked. Impeachment is a pipe dream. Death from natural causes or 8+ years of Trump.
I'm glad you remembered to include the +.
Don's hero, Vlad, is all about the +.

I'm glad you remembered to include the +.
Don's hero, Vlad, is all about the +.

how'd we get to plus?

that is as much a pipe dream as impeachment you'd need to get rid of Obama first if you are going to extend term limits or risk his return

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Who wants to bet that Trump will call for shutting down the CIA?

"They have done nothing good in a very long time, in fact they have been very wrong, they were behind the fake news on Iraq remember? And that invasion was the worst thing ever, thousands of our soldiers died for nothing, because of lies, ok? So I'm going to ask congress to shut it down, it's a waste of money and we can do much better, much better, we'll replace it with something much better."

His supporters would be happy, people on the left too, and it would heighten his conflict with the agency which allows him to discredit them, like he's doing with the press, so even if they weren't shut down it would be almost as effective.

All of this and the republicans are all silent. Nobody is coming out to deny these allegations or speak about his Putin dick-sucking since Tuesday when this all started. I'm starting to wonder if they really are going to dump Trump. It's obvious they're at least doing a lot of mulling.
No. They aren't.

The alt-right and Stormfront types believe they're in on the con with Donald Trump. Russia is an ally, and together they've defeated the Democrats and minorities. The latter group have been grumbling a lot about Trump's close association with Jews, particularly his son-in-law, but they've mostly convinced themselves he just using him to further white supremacy.

The Free Republic, hardcore sorts actively reject any information implicating Donald Trump. It's them vs the world (of liberals and liberal media). Everything is fake news now.

Meanwhile, the Republican leadership's priority is power, and it's in their interest to weather this storm for a few more days before they Assume Control, Harbinger style, and squash the resistance. With Pence in the co-pilot chair and full control of Congress, any concerns over Trump are easily assuaged by the assurance that they can keep him in check while still taking advantage of their newfound dominance.

The various segments of the Right are in lockstep even if they're marching to slightly different tunes. Stop trying to console yourself with the misconception that there's any significant in-fighting or buyer's remorse going on. They are either too disciplined or deluded for that.

Xtyle

so he continues his belligerence towards the CIA? Oh Donald you're poking the bear, not russian bear but the american grizzly bear

Not much is happening to him though...the leaks don't hurt him or his team one bit...so he will keep doing it until he can't. This man doesn't not care about reputation even though he demands others to be nice to him.

UberTag

Who wants to bet that Trump will call for shutting down the CIA?

"They have done nothing good in a very long time, in fact they have been very wrong, they were behind the fake news on Iraq remember? And that invasion was the worst thing ever, thousands of our soldiers died for nothing, because of lies, ok? So I'm going to ask congress to shut it down, it's a waste of money and we can do much better, much better, we'll replace it with something much better."

His supporters would be happy, people on the left too, and it would heighten his conflict with the agency which allows him to discredit them, like he's doing with the press, so even if they weren't shut down it would be almost as effective.
Hopefully he shuts it down without bothering to replace it with anything.
Just like the ACA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom