• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Trump believes that if you take something that isn't yours, it is yours. Just because Russia takes Crimea by force...it doesn't make it Russia's...it's Ukraine's. He cedes Crimea in this tweet. Dude is a puppet.

That's like some squatter walking into your house and saying..."I live here now."

It appears our intel community has no plan to deal with Trump.
I'm not sure anyone has a plan to deal with Trump.

There's no fucking way he gets SNL off the air. What are their ratings now? They're probably doing gangbusters.
Not saying he'll succeed. But I guarantee you he'll at least try. It gets under his skin so easily. He hates being mocked.

KptvF2c.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump believes that if you take something that isn't yours, it is yours. Just because Russia takes Crimea by force...it doesn't make it Russia's...it's Ukraine's. He cedes Crimea in this tweet. Dude is a puppet.

That's like some squatter walking into your house and saying..."I live here now."

It appears our intel community has no plan to deal with Trump.

Short of getting him impeached, or proving he's engaged in criminal action, there's not exactly a lot of legal avenues anyone can take at this point.

No. They aren't.

The alt-right and Stormfront types believe they're in on the con with Donald Trump. Russia is an ally, and together they've defeated the Democrats and minorities. The latter group have been grumbling a lot about Trump's close association with Jews, particularly his son-in-law, but they've mostly convinced themselves he just using him to further white supremacy.

The Free Republic, hardcore sorts actively reject any information implicating Donald Trump. It's them vs the world (of liberals and liberal media). Everything is fake news now.

Meanwhile, the Republican leadership's priority is power, and it's in their interest to weather this storm for a few more days before they Assume Control, Harbinger style, and squash the resistance. With Pence in the co-pilot chair and full control of Congress, any concerns over Trump are easily assuaged by the assurance that they can keep him in check while still taking advantage of their newfound dominance.

The various segments of the Right are in lockstep even if they're marching to slightly different tunes. Stop trying to console yourself with the misconception that there's any significant in-fighting or buyer's remorse going on. They are either too disciplined or deluded for that.

Honestly, I am praying that Trump DOESN'T get impeached because he is the only thing checking the Republicans' ambitions right now. His campaign promises of wild fiscal irresponsibility is what will save Medicare and Social Security from Ryan's fiscal hatchet, his years of palling around with Hollywood and New Yorker types are what will keep the Pence wing from, say, rolling back gay rights (this is a dude who said, during a fucking Republican primary, that not letting trans people use the bathroom they identify with would be discriminatory, which most have forgotten), his desire to be liked is what might get the GOP to pass some infrastructure spending instead of just privatizing everything, and his "pit people against each other" style of bossing people around might paralyze his cabinet from wreaking as much havoc as a typical Republican cabinet might.

Short of getting him impeached, or proving he's engaged in criminal action, there's not exactly a lot of legal avenues anyone can take at this point.

Trump with his latest tweet just gave away Eastern Europe. Combined with no NATO...he's given away much more of Europe as well.

Trump is not bigger than the world. The CIA has to know he is mentally ill and under no circumstances should he hold any power within the USA.

Ac30

Not saying he'll succeed. But I guarantee you he'll at least try. It gets under his skin so easily. He hates being mocked.

It's beautiful, isn't it? Free speech, that is. Just bait the shit out of the fucker for the next 4 years, he'll always respond. Pathetic.

Trump with his latest tweet just gave away Eastern Europe. Combined with no NATO...he's given away much more of Europe as well.

Trump is not bigger than the world. The CIA has to know he is mentally ill and under no circumstances should he hold any power within the USA.

One man is going to rewrite world geopolitics in a way that will only benefit Russia, incredible, it's so fucking obvious. He's started talking about himself in 3rd person too. Fuck me.

UberTag

"Comprehensive" is an understatement for this. Wow.
As these breakouts of treasonous behavior get clearly mapped out in vivid detail, I have to imagine there are a lot of people getting a first-hand taste of what Christopher Steele went through for months of having damning information summarily ignored by anyone that could do something about it.

Ac30

Wasn't Putin limited to 8 years as Prime Minister, then when that elapsed, he became President (which doesnt have a limit to how long you serve) and gave the President all the powers the PM had or something like that.

Maybe Trump/Russia will try something similar in the US.

He's limited by the constitution, that play won't work in the US - they'd need an amendment and they don't have the states nor the senators to do it. Short of Trump using the army to establish martial law of course.

Not

Banned
I looooooooooooooooooooove how the one thing that really seems to be bothering Trump since he became President-elect is his SNL portrayal

The writers must be DYING to get to work in the morning

remist

What is it really? I am on my phone and it is the easy to read it somehow.
It's a rebuttal to an Intercept article that claimed the public evidence for Russia's involvement in the DNC hacks is insufficient. He goes pretty in depth like 80 tweets why the public evidence pretty solidly points to Russia.
As these breakouts of treasonous behavior get clearly mapped out in vivid detail, I have to imagine there are a lot of people getting a first-hand taste of what Christopher Steele went through for months of having damning information summarily ignored by anyone that could do something about it.
That link doesn't have anything to do with Trump or treason.

Xtyle

It's a rebuttal to an Intercept article that claimed the public evidence for Russia's involvement in the DNC hacks is insufficient. He goes pretty in depth like 80 tweets why the public evidence pretty solidly points to Russia.

That link doesn't have anything to do with Trump or treason.

Thanks for the summary.
I think everyone now accepts that Russia was behind the hack after Trump admitting it in his presser...although he did say it could also be China...

Ac30

Thanks for the summary.
I think everyone now accepts that Russia was behind the hack after Trump admitting it in his presser...although he did say it could also be China...

The idea that the Chinese wanted Trump to win is a laughable. Bet his base would buy it though

It's beautiful, isn't it? Free speech, that is. Just bait the shit out of the fucker for the next 4 years, he'll always respond. Pathetic.

Free speech is a glorious thing. ESPECIALLY in this type of context.

I looooooooooooooooooooove how the one thing that really seems to be bothering Trump since he became President-elect is his SNL portrayal

And Trump keeps supplying them with more fodder, unintentionally lol.

Alec Baldwin will be a permanent performer for the next 4 years, he'll be loving it. haha

A heart attack is the only thing cutting 8 years of Trump short. Dems have zero power and the GOP put party over country period. That includes treason. GOP will use Trump as their puppet too and do everything possible to disenfranchise minorities, the poor and assure the rich get richer and to a point where power will never be taken back unless by force. Our democracy has failed and none of our systems in place to prevent this kind of shit worked. Impeachment is a pipe dream. Death from natural causes or 8+ years of Trump.

I seriously want to slam my head on my desk over and over when I read these kinds of posts.

NO MAN IS INVINCIBLE.

Impeachment is a pipe dream? Right now it's all smoke, no fire but you can bet your ass that once the fire is there people will be all over his ass and there will be repercussions for him.

I love how you even included the + in there. Like you think he's going to rewrite the law to make it so that there's no more elections.

Can we please, PLEASE stop with this shit? You're not saying anything helpful and only encouraging others to give up when that is never the solution.

He's limited by the constitution, that play won't work in the US - they'd need an amendment and they don't have the states nor the senators to do it. Short of Trump using the army to establish martial law of course.

He will already be violating the constitution the second he is inaugurated. Baby steps. You normalize the bending of the constitution as normal and a requirement to effectively wield power and when it comes time to do to bold breaking of it, people stopped caring. This is Trump's entire arsenal. Just keep doing and saying so much awful and insane shit, no one will ever stay on one thing long enough to stick. The American public is too ill informed or intentionally misinformed for there to be enough outrage to bring him down. The one thing Trump could do to turn his supporters against him is wake up black. You can already find countless interviews of his supporters where they are confronted with his ties to Russia or his Goldman Sachs, billionaire stacked weapons grade swamp cabinet and they all just go,"meh, but emails."

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"For one thing, I think nuclear weapons should be way down and reduced very substantially, that’s part of it. But Russia’s hurting very badly right now because of sanctions, but I think something can happen that a lot of people are gonna benefit."
So a deal to remove sanctions that's totally unrelated to the causes of the sanctions. Sounds great for Russia.

Trump is the only president-elect in modern history to be entering office with his approval ratings net negative, but some liberals just can't let go of the idea that he's some teflon strategic genius who doesn't pay any price for his gaffes and blunders. Pull yourselves together, for crissakes.

He will already be violating the constitution the second he is inaugurated. Baby steps. You normalize the bending of the constitution as normal and a requirement to effectively wield power and when it comes time to do to bold breaking of it, people stopped caring. This is Trump's entire arsenal. Just keep doing and saying so much awful and insane shit, no one will ever stay on one thing long enough to stick. The American public is too ill informed or intentionally misinformed for there to be enough outrage to bring him down. The one thing Trump could do to turn his supporters against him is wake up black. You can already find countless interviews of his supporters where they are confronted with his ties to Russia or his Goldman Sachs, billionaire stacked weapons grade swamp cabinet and they all just go,"meh, but emails."

For his entire campaign, Trump has only mostly said insane shit. He hasn't outright affected anyone's lives yet. When he does in a negative way, the people who didn't vote this election will know, then they will care.

Don't focus on his diehard supporters. Focus on the 46% of the country that didn't vote at all because of the "both sides" nonsense. Remember that Hillary still won the popular vote.

Trump is the only president-elect in modern history to be entering office with his approval ratings net negative, but some liberals just can't let go of the idea that he's some teflon strategic genius who doesn't pay any price for his gaffes and blunders. Pull yourselves together, for crissakes.

EXACTLY. For the love of all that his sacred, stop thinking this is a movie!

For every mistake that he gets away with, it'll only make the weight he carries on his back even heavier. At some point it's gonna come crashing down upon him. Just as it has before with others in the pages of history.

Xtyle

The problem isn't that he won't break the law but there doesn't seem to be anyone stopping him.

Yeah it's a matter of when not if at this point I'm thinking

There's no fucking way he gets SNL off the air. What are their ratings now? They're probably doing gangbusters.

Federal """""""""""""libel laws""""""""""""" designed so Trump can easily silence his critics will almost certainly be on of the first things he pushes through.

The teflon idea comes from the fact that despite his ratings in the sewer, he gets away with saying wild shit and is never held accountable. This Russia story is already becoming old news now that he's fucked with John Lewis. It's what he does.

Lime

The fascist fuck still holds 44 percent approval of him and his presidential transition. While it may be historically low, it is alarming that so many still approve of someone who says and does demonstratively heinous things.

The fascist fuck still holds 44 percent approval of him and his presidential transition. While it may be historically low, it is alarming that so many still approve of someone who says and does demonstratively heinous things.

It's actually 37 now, and that 37 was before the blackmail and press conference.

mo60

A recent poll showed him at like 37% approval with only like 15% of democrats liking what he is doing so far.

Gibbo

He's suggesting on Twitter that the outgoing CIA director might have 'leaked' the info. Between this and calling Democrats 'clowns' I'll vomit the next time he talks about having unity within the country

It will come crashing down. All things are cycles.

The problem is not that he won't eventually die, the problem is all the damage he'll do, and more importantly, all the people that will be hurt.

Which is why, instead of being nihilistic and complaining about Trump, we focus all our efforts into mitigating the damage he'll do until that time comes.

People need to be energized into action by Trump's victory. Him winning the election is a defeat, but it's not a total defeat. A total defeat is what happens when the majority of people start saying that there's nothing that can be done and just outright give up.

People need to do everything they can to ensure that point of total defeat never happens.

So please people, stop filling these threads with "Trump won, he's above the law, GOP is in control, etc." It does nothing to help.

Ac30

What do you think we should be energized into doing?

I think what he/she is trying to say is that this defeat, while shitty, isn't the end - in 4 years y'all can vote him out, and with a 37% approval rating before he enters the office he isn't likely to win re-election, especially as it seems he's provoking trade wars left and right. A recession is probable, a war is possible, but you'll have the chance again in 2 years and certainly in 4 to limit his powers. Be energized to volunteer and organize local groups, and to show up in 2018 and 2020. He's not a good candidate - people just hated Clinton that much (somehow)

What do you think we should be energized into doing?

Organizing and advocacy work on the issues that are nearest to you is always a good place to start. Whether its voter registration, environmental or racial justice, etc, there are organizations doing all kinds of good work everywhere in the country.

Zips

It's amazing that in the face of all the allegations and investigations into Trump being a traitor, he is still so clearly making motions to do what Putin wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom