• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1kkZ

had a hard day and english is not my first language: can someone break this down for me?

trump was presented some compromising stuff from the intel chiefs? now what? will (can) this have any effect on him?

Sounds like a plot line from The Good Shepherd.

Example - He went to Russia for some high-priced nookie, or something along those lines, and the KGB/Russian Secret Police secretly recorded all of it. They probably goaded him into making some financial investments or whatnot.

So, they got a hold of him and blackmailed him throughout the election - do what we tell you to do or we send this to Wikileaks.

Hex

Banned
Considering this is a side blurb from CNN and not the front page of everything out there, I have to temper my expectations.

Trump is untouchable. Nothing will be done and it will all be forgotten by the time of his inauguration. His scandals are so commonplace that people will ignore or won't care.

Syncytia

That's because nothing unfortunately will.

Surely if there is hard evidence of this influencing Trump's decision making the intelligence community would do something? Brave new world and all... but something would happen...right?

Considering this is a side blurb from CNN and not the front page of everything out there, I have to temper my expectations.

They interrupted Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing for like 10 minutes to talk about it. Yeah, still CNN but they've made a big enough deal of it that it seems likely there's something to it.

Zophar

had a hard day and english is not my first language: can someone break this down for me?

trump was presented some compromising stuff from the intel chiefs? now what? will (can) this have any effect on him?

The Intel Chiefs showed Trump they suspect Russians have dirt on him, and on top of that they're probably already using it to manipulate him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Probably tax avoidance or evasion.

The nuclear bomb possibility is that he was raping children on Jeffrey Epstein's private jet.

The rumors generally involve Russia in nature. Also hookers. Either and orgy, under-aged, some weird race thing, or some other kind of nastiness. No one had the tape so it never became more than just a rumor though.

No fucking shit Trump worked with the Russians.

Please please get rid of this fraud and give the Presidency to Hillary.

I wish we could, but short of throwing Trump and his entire administration in jail and rerunning the election there's nothing to be done.

MIMIC

Banned
Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

Like being accused of walking in on teenage girls in beauty pageants and not paying taxes?

kaskade

So Comey knew about this, didn't say anything. But a few weeks before the election brings up the buillshit emails? wtf is going on?

McCain seems like the only hope from the GOP to keep Trump and his people in check right now. This all this russia shit going on they better block the Tillerson nomination.

Also people should realize this shit isn't leaking for shits and giggles. People in control of the info want it out there and are spreading it.

Normally this shit does not leave the President's desk.

It's almost like making an enemy out of every single intelligence agency in the country before you're even in office is a bad idea!

daviyoung

Banned

now we wait for the compromising material to be released, or we wait for it all to blow over

guek

Banned
So Comey knew about this, didn't say anything. But a few weeks before the election brings up the buillshit emails? wtf is going on?

McCain seems like the only hope from the GOP to keep Trump and his people in check right now. This all this russia shit going on they better block the Tillerson nomination.
He may not have known until after the election.

daviyoung

Banned
I love how he's not even in the seat and he's already swimming in shit

it usually takes at least a couple of years for that to happen

that's gonna be a fun watch

Unless the CIA comes forward and reveals all their sources and all their proof, nothing will happen.

'SAYING' this stuff happened is pointless. They're going to have to name names and get people on record. THEN, they'll have to put them on trial, and get them to contradict themselves against physical evidence - OR- confess for lesser punishment.

Otherwise, this will be looked at as nothing but a circumstantial smear campaign, which is exactly what I expect Trump to Tweet about at 3AM tonight.

Syncytia

Hillary will never be President.

It will either be Pence, Paul Ryan, or someone else Congress elects (read: Republican).

I would be amazed if they impeached Trump and then Pence also got the boot. Pence is 100% their team so besides fewer issues with Pence legally, they aren't going to go after him.

FWIW 've read rumors that Russians videotaped Trump doing bad things on his many trips to Russia.

Doesn't mean anything except this is standard KGB procedure so it's believable.

They tried with Clinton as well but she was warned in advance that everything will be monitored.

Boke1879

Reading more into the report this is also close evidence of information exchange between Trump surrogates and Russian intermediaries.

Patryn

My tinfoil hat is now wondering if Trump's effort to sabotage our Chinese relationships is due to influence from his Russian handlers.

But, nah, that's just paranoia... isn't it?

lpEDArsl.png

Ourobolus

Banned
I would be amazed if they impeached Trump and then Pence also got the boot. Pence is 100% their team so besides fewer issues with Pence legally, they aren't going to go after him.
It all depends. I mean damn near every single person Trump has appointed is the definition of the worst person for the job, and if that was part of this "blackmail," then they are all compromised - Pence included.

CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations. But, in preparing this story, CNN has spoken to multiple high ranking intelligence, administration, congressional and law enforcement officials, as well as foreign officials and others in the private sector with direct knowledge of the memos.

At this point...

A tantalising morsel CNN has left there.

SilentRob

I have trouble understanding the article.

The Intelligence Chief presented Trump evidence that Russia has tried to compromise him...is..that a bad thing for Trump? Or are you solely focusing on the fact there has been communication between the Trump camp and Russia? Just trying to fully understand the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom