• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Even if he were part of this? I can't imagine it's just Trump sitting in a dark room by himself speaking with Russia. There had to be some other people on the team involved.

Hypothetically, what would happen in this case prior to inauguration? Obviously, this isn't something even remotely likely but I'm still curious as to what would happen. After inauguration everything is over and they just go down the line of succession.

If Trump and Pence go down, Paul Ryan becomes president.

If Paul Ryan goes down, Orrin Hatch becomes president.

And so on and so forth. Presidential succession is well known.

Trump-putin-image.jpg

Nodnol

I find this whole situation incredible. Everything about Trump from day one has been spectacular to watch.

Surely if you're in a high position inside one of the alphabet agencies, it's better to play the long game and try to manipulate Trump for your own gains? Dangerous game, particularly when you don't know Russia's intentions.

I just have no faith that the right thing will be done for the right reasons.

Comey should be fired, if he hasn't already tendered his resignation.

How the fuck do you sit on all this shit?

Was HE ALSO compromised by Russia?

Ac30

Well, not entirely, but Obama is too much of a Patriot to go full-on fascist, rally the army, and call for marshal law. And the consequences of such a move could potentially be just as damaging in the long run.

Yeah, It would be insane for him to do that; Obama has 10 days left, which are probably best spent helping the FBI/CIA gather as much dirt as they can on Trump before Inauguration Day. Don't let Trump destroy your democracy.

Guevara

Breaking News: Obama invites P-E Trump, the future First Lady to visit the White House ahead of the inauguration.

lol

Nafai1123

Banned
For this to actually take him down, wouldn't they need to prove that he actually was making decisions per Russian wishes because of what they had on him?

I believe they would just need to prove communication between the Trump campaign and Russian government to accuse him of collusion. There's already sufficient evidence that Russia conspired to influence our election, so if he or someone in his campaign was speaking with those in power making those decisions it could be considered treason.

Zophar

Imagine Paul Ryan's career being entirely defined by failing upward, all the way to the Presidency.

This is some Wire level fuckery. Comey sitting on some possibly substantial Intel regarding Trump and Russia and sits on it for what purpose? Especially when considered with his decision to openly talk about the emails.

That's a pretty interesting question. I know Republicans hate the shit out of Hillary, but to prefer a Manchurian Candidate leading the country over her is beyond the pale. I think Comey needs to be looked into also.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Trump and Trump surrogates are implicated.
The whole campaign comes in to question.

Wilsongt

Congress will milk Trump for all he is worth to get whatever shit law passed they want. Then, when they are through, they'll impeach him,.

Ac30

Breaking News: Obama invites P-E Trump, the future First Lady to visit the White House ahead of the inauguration.

lol

Is that not a thing that happens regardless? I'd expect Obama to meet with Trump before he leaves the White House.

FWIW, Hilllary did.

She kinda did in one debate. And I never heard from it again. She doesn't believe he's a puppet or she wouldn't be intending his inauguration. Can't send mixed messages with this shit. She's doing it.

I'll give you she has been more forceful on Russia than Bernie has...which he hasn't done shit.

RDreamer

I'm just imagining Trump getting into the classified meetings and just bluntly saying "What do I do, please help me get out of this..."

Probably not, but it's fun to think about, I suppose.

By fun I mean terrifying.

Patryn

Trump and Trump surrogates are implicated.
The whole campaign comes in to question.

Paul Ryan is not a Trump surrogate, unfortunately. The furthest you'd go is Pence.

Ryan is terrible, but he's clean.

Also, this is never, ever going to happen. The worst that happens, and even that is HIGHLY unlikely, is Trump goes down.

But that's not going to happen.

That feeling when you wanted a Reagan but got a Nixon

Really though I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't impeached very soon. I've assumed the Republicans only went with him because he was theur best chance. They'd kill for a president Pence

It's obvious they were. You don't say, we're going to make our NATO friends pay their fair share or make them back out of the treaty when Russia is knocking on their door. Trump has been a puppet all along. It's ridiculous no one, politics or press, has called him out on being a puppet It's obvious.

Hillary Clinton did on live national television, but as a country we're too dumb to understand the threat.

What day are you referring to in that post?

A couple of days ago, when Trump made that official statement about the allegiations. He didn't use twitter and he didn't blame the secret service for doing a bad job or just making the wrong conclusions, like he used to.

Kathian

Banned
The Russian plan is just to distract the US. Cause chaos in the US to allow Russia a bit more free reign and disrupt American relations with Europe.

They'll hurt Trump when it suits them.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Comey should be fired, if he hasn't already tendered his resignation.

How the fuck do you sit on all this shit?

Was HE ALSO compromised by Russia?

Yup, dude was basically complicit. LOL, I mean John McCain gave him the same freaking documents, but nope, her emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom