• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate everyone who had this info and sat on it. And now we have Trump as president. Well done assholes. The American people now have to suffer because someone didn't do their job to protect the integrity of our democratic process and now we're fucked.

The only thing I can think of is that everybody thought Trump would lose. All the data said he would lose. All the experts said he would lose. All the available information and methods of prediction said landslide loss.

So I suspect the ideal plan was to let him lose, be humiliated, then raise all these charges against him as a private citizen with a progressively-bolstered administration to see it through.

Then nothing went as planned.

Even if it can't be confirmed, though, the idea a lot of you are proposing would be an epic level conspiracy that would either require a large amount of people, or an absolutely incredible amount of work and planning from various places. That was my point.

No, it would just take one source of faux intel, interpreted as legit that makes its way through the channels.

Once the initial intel passed the sniff test, it could , in theory, make it to a point of being viewed as "possibly" credible.

Read:

CARL BERNSTEIN: It came from a former British MI-6 intelligence agent who was hired by a political research -- opposition research -- firm in Washington who was doing work about Donald Trump for both Republican and Democratic candidates opposed to Trump. They were looking at Trump's business ties. They saw some questionable things about Russians, about his businesses in Russia. They, in turn, hired this MI-6 former investigator. He then came up with additional information from his Russian sources. He was very concerned by the implications of it. He then took it to an FBI colleague that he had known in his undercover work for years. He took it to this FBI man in Rome who turned it over to the bureau in Washington in August. And then a former British ambassador to Russia, independently, was made aware of these findings and he took the information to John McCain, Senator John McCain of Arizona, in the period just after the election, and showed it to McCain -- additional findings. McCain was sufficiently disturbed by what he read, to take it to FBI Director James Comey himself personally. They had a five-minute meeting. The two men, very little was said. McCain turned it over to him and is now awaiting what the FBI�s response is to that information

...so? Carl Bernstein makes it substantiated?

Many other news US outlets have "Unsubstantiated Report" in their headline. For example NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

I have an idea. Lets form a select subcommitteee and subpoena Trump Campaign. What say?
If you have enough evidence there is nothing stopping you.

Probably nothing. Nothing's substantiated.

The biggest deal out of all of this is that Trump is scheduled to give his first press conference as president elect tomorrow, something that should have happened almost 2 months ago.

Trump has already delayed the press conference by about a month, so if he delays it again, then it will look terrible for him. And yet, if he gives the press conference, he's going to be GRILLED on something he absolutely does not want to talk about.
Remember when he gave Clinton shit for not holding enough press conferences

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Posted ? https://twitter.com/YAppelbaum/status/819009875204308992

C121IPZXAAAImVz.jpg

So, he's changed his story from being in Italy now?

watershed

Banned
The only thing I can think of is that everybody thought Trump would lose. All the data said he would lose. All the experts said he would lose. All the available information and methods of prediction said landslide loss.

So I suspect the ideal plan was to let him lose, be humiliated, then raise all these charges against him as a private citizen with a progressively-bolstered administration to see it through.

Then nothing went as planned.
I agree in the sense that everyone in the Democratic leadership thought Trump would lose and Hillary would win. There have been many reports that Obama and his administration didn't make a bigger issue of Russian influence into the election because they were sure Hillary would win and didn't want to undermine her victory. But she didn't win in part because the Russian government was successful in compromising the integrity of the election in so many ways.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's like driving from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts.

Why would you DRIVE from Italy to Prague just because you were having a secret meeting with Russian spy chiefs? Wouldn't you want to leave a sloppy paper and airline trail everywhere?

He's trying to convince us that 650k emails couldn't fit onto a single computer? Seriously? What a dunce.

No, his TECH GUYS are.

Teggy

BTW, the only thing 4chan is claiming they did is the golden shower story, not any of the actual illegal stuff in the document.

zethren

Banned
I mean, we know he's just going to call the media dishonest and call it fake. Why are we excited? Dude is predictable as hell.

Because he also wears his emotions on his sleeve. And his face. And on twitter. He likely won't be able to brush it off, because he is incapable of emotional stability.

No, it would just take one source of faux intel, interpreted as legit that makes its way through the channels.

Once the initial intel passed the sniff test, it could , in theory, make it to a point of being viewed as "possibly" credible.

So, you think the British intelligence was compromised? Something that all of our intelligence agencies didn't realize and weren't aware of despite apparently being a known past source? Or is the intelligence agency in on it?

I'm not excited about this...

This is some disturbing shit, and if it's confirmed, it's going to lead to some truly terrifying disturbing consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom