• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 10 [CNN] Super Tuesday Bros. Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

When it finally hits that Trump is going to win, watching that party self implode is going to be glorious.

El Aleph

Banned
If Rubio is a choke artist, what does that make Trump tonight? Rubio humiliated Trump and made him walk into the same trap that Christie did to Rubio.

Nerokis

I'm getting audited because I'm a strong Christian omg.

This guy is grilling him more than the moderators.

Grilling him? "People are saying you stopped being personal, and started doubling down on your policy, approached this debate from more a policy perspective. Do you agree?"

This interview is an embarrassment.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So Trump said Rubio:

• is a choke artist
  • is a meltdown guy
  • looks like he came out of the pool. We need a president who doesn't sweat.
Is that correct?

danm999

Trump you said pussy on stage quit fronting.

Grilling him? "People are saying you stopped being personal, and started doubling down on your policy, approached this debate from more a policy perspective. Do you agree?"

This interview is an embarrassment.

He pushed him more on the tax return stuff than the moderators did which is sad.

If people keep willing to declare Trump the winner of every argument the instant an insult comes out of his mouth, I don't know why people keep saying that Hillary is going to eviscerate him. They'll still declare him the winner when those insults come out regardless of what she says.

There were several instances where Cruz/Rubio legitimately destroyed his argument, but Trump then says one lame insult and everyone in this thread was going "OOOH SHIT CAN'T STUMP DA TRUMP".

Different audiences matter. Republican debates are very very low on factual accuracy, and nobody cares. Presidential debates, facts actually matter.

If people keep willing to declare Trump the winner of every argument the instant an insult comes out of his mouth, I don't know why people keep saying that Hillary is going to eviscerate him. They'll still declare him the winner when those insults come out regardless of what she says.

There were several instances where Cruz/Rubio legitimately destroyed his argument, but Trump then says one lame insult and everyone in this thread was going "OOOH SHIT CAN'T STUMP DA TRUMP".

That's exactly why he's winning. He doesn't have to talk about specifics, he just has to talk about emotions. His whole campaign is an emotional campaign, which is what is so dangerous about it.

The only way Rubio or Cruz can take down Trump is if they stoop down to his level and start branding him with emotional things like liar or weak. Rubio tried to do that tonight but it didn't really work.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Trump said maybe he's being audited so much "because of religion," specifically because that he's "a strong Christian."

Utterly amazing.

FYI, Donald, everyone who makes more than $50 million is audited by the IRS every year. All of them. Every time.

Trump probably has at least one IRS agent specifically assigned to him as a full time job, in fact.

Zophar

Different audiences matter. Republican debates are very very low on factual accuracy, and nobody cares. Presidential debates, facts actually matter.

Facts matter to the moderates/undecideds watching the Presidential debates. The partisans watching the debates will react to them the same way they react to the GOP/Democratic debates.

I certainly hope so. If we move on to the GE and the debates are still a circus of "who gets to drop the shittier insult" it's gonna be a long election season.

whitehawk

Banned
Augh, my cable froze like this

rAFLoXY.jpg

rjinaz

Watch this Bernie Hillary stans and tell me you won't vote for Hillary Bernie.

There are no Bernie/Hillary stans that won't vote for one or the other. I mean not really. How you could say you are a strong supporter of one or the other and won't vote for the other candidate is basically saying you are fine with a Republican and that means you are no true supporter period.

pirata

I just came home drunk from an event I attended. Saw the end of the debate. Yep, still a total shit show! How almost half the country can take this seriously, I don't understand.

I mean, who would vote for these pieces of shit? They're human tire fires! But at the same time, people who vote Republican aren't really deep thinkers in the first place, I guess.

I have MSNBC, CNN and Fox up in tabs on my browser. Time to do the all mighty switching around. Going to focus on Fox tho....to watch them die.

D i Z

And to think we really haven't seen Trump go full on attack mode on anyone of them. Yet they're all folding like wet linen. Bunch of soft touches with jelly spines. If for nothing else, you've got to tip your hat to Trump for exposing what honestly is all surface level anyway. But people want to see someone fight for it and are going to fabricate their own fictions about these jokers unless you unnerve them.

There are no Bernie/Hillary stans that won't vote for one or the other. I mean not really. How you could say you are a strong supporter of one or the other and won't vote for the other candidate is basically saying you are fine with a Republican and that means you are no true supporter period.

I've seen you echo this same sentiment several times even when presented with evidence to the contrary in nearly every Bern vs Hil thread. Gaffers have said it, and many others elsewhere. Explicitly that if their candidate doesn't win, they'll either not vote at all, or vote for Trump. And yes, these people are categorically classifiable as stans.

you'd be surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom