• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 10 [CNN] Super Tuesday Bros. Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

If people keep willing to declare Trump the winner of every argument the instant an insult comes out of his mouth, I don't know why people keep saying that Hillary is going to eviscerate him. They'll still declare him the winner when those insults come out regardless of what she says.

There were several instances where Cruz/Rubio legitimately destroyed his argument, but Trump then says one lame insult and everyone in this thread was going "OOOH SHIT CAN'T STUMP DA TRUMP".

Yep. Overall I think Trump was dominated tonight.

That pout he does is also really unattractive.

So why do people think Hillary is going to "destroy" Trump in a debate? I don't think people should be so quick to assume. He has frighteningly outperformed expectation. Logic, pointing out flip flopping, even with direct quotes etc doesn't seem to dent him. The moderators will shit the bed and never really call out or press any GOP bs either. I don't think it'll be that satisfying ulimtately.

Makai

If people keep willing to declare Trump the winner of every argument the instant an insult comes out of his mouth, I don't know why people keep saying that Hillary is going to eviscerate him. They'll still declare him the winner when those insults come out regardless of what she says.

There were several instances where Cruz/Rubio legitimately destroyed his argument, but Trump then says one lame insult and everyone in this thread was going "OOOH SHIT CAN'T STUMP DA TRUMP".
WRECKEDDDDDDDDD

GnawtyDog

Banned
Trump won again.

The establishment and the media will side with Rubio - like always. I mean some in the media were even adamant about Rubio "losing" the New Hampshire debate. So that won't change...

But there was nothing said in this debate that took Trump down a peg period. Super Tuesday can't come any sooner.

I can't believe how many times Cruz let Trump trap him.

Rubio wasn't much better, saying he didn't know what Tort Reform was, and getting slapped down on his Israel thing, which he had said was a key thing he was planning victory on tonight.

BFIB

And to think we really haven't seen Trump go full on attack mode on anyone of them. Yet they're all folding like wet linen. Bunch of soft touches with jelly spines. If for nothing else, you've got to tip your hat to Trump for exposing what honestly is all surface level anyway. But people want to see someone fight for it and are going to fabricate their own fictions about these jokers unless you unnerve them.
Because at the end of the day, they know they are pandering to the Koch Bros. and other interests groups. Trump doesn't need their money. That's what it's going to come to next. I just hope Rove melts down on screen like he did when Obama won re election.

HvySky

So why do people think Hillary is going to "destroy" Trump in a debate? I don't think people should be so quick to assume. He has frighteningly outperformed expectation. Logic, pointing out flip flopping, even with direct quotes etc doesn't seem to dent him. The moderators will shit the bed and never really call out or press any GOP bs either. I don't think it'll be that satisfying ulimtately.

Look at who he's debating with on stage, and it makes a little more sense.

danm999

Are you kidding.

Take his stumble over praising Planned Parenthood for all the good it does for women's health and cancer followed up by saying he'd defund it though.

Clinton would beat him over the head with that for five minutes lol.

I can't believe how many times Cruz let Trump trap him.

Rubio wasn't much better, saying he didn't know what Tort Reform was, and getting slapped down on his Israel thing, which he had said was a key thing he was planning victory on tonight.

Cruz got trumped by the moderators. He seemed desperate asking them for time to speak. Twice. And then Trump gets the last word and when Cruz asks to respond they just move on.

He looked bad.

Also I want you guys to notice-When Cruz was talking about/responding to Trump, he was doing the same thing Christie was a few weeks ago, leaning on the podium, looking directly at Trump. That's probably something his camp told him, but that's a sign of desperation.

chadskin

CcHMJA5UcAAucSl.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are you kidding.

Take his stumble over praising Planned Parenthood for all the good it does for women's health and cancer followed up by saying he'd defund it though.

Clinton would beat him over the head with that for five minutes lol.

Seriously, the only reason Trump keeps beating these loons is that they keep coming at him from the right.

Yep. Overall I think Trump was dominated tonight.

That pout he does is also really unattractive.

It's all about what rubric you're using. Factually? He's been getting dominated the whole time. He makes up shit on the fly.

That isn't the rubric conservative voters are using right now.

El Aleph

Banned
Oh just stop this nonsense. Not a single viewer thinks that happened.

You are in denial. That's what most of the coverage says. Trump was exposed as a shallow blowhard tonight. It won't make a difference to his irrational retarded supporters, but impartial people who were on the fence will take notice.

Eidan

I think women are Trump's weak spot. He was repeatedly out-talked and flustered by Carly Fiorina, a woman without a quarter of Clinton's intelligence and experience, and we know how easily Megyn Kelly bodies him. I think Clinton will easily throw him off his game.

rjinaz

It's all about what rubric you're using. Factually? He's been getting dominated the whole time. He makes up shit on the fly.

That isn't the rubric conservative voters are using right now.

In that one that matters though, the one that gets the votes, Trump won. Just as he always has been.

Oddduck

If Rubio is a choke artist, what does that make Trump tonight? Rubio humiliated Trump and made him walk into the same trap that Christie did to Rubio.

Rubio is losing to Trump in his home state of Florida.

If that's not the definition of a choke artist, then I don't know what you call it.

You are in denial. That's what most of the coverage says. Trump was exposed as a shallow blowhard tonight. It won't make a difference to his irrational retarded supporters, but impartial people who were on the fence will take notice.

If you tell yourself this enough times you might actually start to believe it.

Toxi

Banned
Anyone who watches this debate and then votes Republican needs to look in the mirror and ask what the fuck they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom