• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 6 [Fox Business] Super PAC Fighter 2 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. This ad. Said. That. If your child as autism. The GOP is a nice place to go for support.

Fuck. You. Jesus. I take that as a personal insult as someone who Walker has ruined the health care of, and HE used autism as a crutch once, too! Fuuuuuuuck.

Because Ted is precisely as dumb as you think he is.

there's something to this. Ted Cruz comes off as smarter than he actually is- Trump's strategy is exactly the opposite.

Think about this- Everyone thinks Trump is the idiot (well...next to Carson) but NO ONE has managed to score points on the dude. He always has some kind of response that just dismantles all attack.

Ri'Orius

Yeah, tell SA to knock it off while we keep buying their oil. How about some energy independence?

Yeah, it's weird nobody's been playing the "and let's drill/frack/etc. more oil on our own turf!" line. I can understand why the GOP isn't going to support getting us off oil entirely, but I thought increasing domestic production for national security reasons was one of their go-tos. Guess it's not sexy enough compared to more bombs and whatnot.

Toa TAK

Banned
Ted Cruz must have seen the 9/11 response coming. Why didn't he preempt it with something?
Open invitation for Trump to strike back:

tumblr_mnb87rsKgB1s5or7ko1_500.gif

Syncytia

Wait. This ad. Said. That. If your child as autism. The GOP is a nice place to go for support.

Fuck. You. Jesus. I take that as a personal insult as someone who Walker has ruined the health care of, and HE used autism as a crutch once, too! Fuuuuuuuck.

Yeah I also thought it was weird AF.

Trump is always in the ballpark of a decent response but he continually fails to word them effectively.

Yeah, I was waiting for him to wrap up that 9/11 answer with something like "If what I saw from the people of Manhattan after 9/11 is New York values, then I'm proud to have New York values." It never quite coalesced into something that makes a good soundbite, even though that was the spirit of his answer.

Nonetheless, Cruz learned a hard lesson about trying to appeal to the GOP base better than Trump can.

Cruz fucked up on that NY discussion. Trump made him look bad.

Also from earlier but I'm sure the surviving victims of the Paris and San Bernardino attacks are pleased to know that Trump has already written them off.

Ya'll need to realize Kasich is, by and large, as batshit insane as the rest of them. He just hides it better. He has a little bit of decency thrown in, but he's just as dangerous as the rest of them. What he tried to do to unions in Ohio speaks volumes.

Yes, the more I listen to him, the more I realize this.

Because there's no defense. He must have known he fucked up the second he said that originally and that there was nothing he could do to stop this.

Assuming he did see it coming, and was thinking strategically, when it comes to a 9/11 card, sometimes it's best just to let it happen. It's risky to push back against it and could very easily back fire.

I think it was pretty easily mitigated just by mentioning it as part of the "hey they're wonderful but" preface. It might make his whole angle of attack a little awkward but it beats getting Ultra Combo'd right in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom