• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Era have canceled people for far less. B-dubs should make a statement and step down.

I don't care enough about making him step down or shit like that, honestly it is forum nonsense. Who cares. I have just developed this morbid curiosity with this resetera. It is so profoundly bonkers there. It is like watching a trainwreck. I'm just legitimately curious as to how he will manage to weather the things he has said and explain them.

dream

I don't care enough about making him step down or shit like that, honestly it is forum nonsense. Who cares. I have just developed this morbid curiosity with this resetera. It is so profoundly bonkers there. It is like watching a trainwreck. I'm just legitimately curious as to how he will manage to weather the things he has said and explain them.
I get it. watching them all scurry around, divided along ideological lines, is excellent entertainment.

My concern here is that in taking forever to disseminate news of their GM’s bigotry is giving ResetEra leadership time to get ahead of the story. I think there’s no chance at all that the mod team isn’t aware of this, and they’re probably working diligently to figure out how to control the narrative.

ViolentP

I think someone has way too much time on their hands to dig up all this shit. If it's even real .>.>

tfmJjPQ.png

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think someone has way too much time on their hands to dig up all this shit. If it's even real .>.>
You're so fucking disingenuous and full of shit.

What now?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
There’s a lot to post, no doubt, but I think the way to do it is to highlight the she-male post and weaponize the newly emboldened trans mafia. They seem to be the only protected group that is allowed to voice their grievances. Plus, they’re militant as fuck, do not forgive, and have a history of hijacking that site until their demands are met.

"Trans Mafia" is a term I think I may have to start using. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I'm only recently beginning to learn just how deep all this goes. People such as myself who are apparently now called "transmedicalists"...people who used to be known as transsexuals before that term was deemed horrific by what I shall now refer as the Trans Mafia...are very quickly becoming the vast minority of the so-called trans "community."

People with honest medically diagnosed gender dysphoria are slowly being pushed out from under the transgender umbrella. It seems people who hate binary sex and want to completely blend male and female, and people who say they are trans but love the genitals they were born with and demand others to love them as well.....this is what the Trans "community" seems to be slowly becoming.

People born with actual prenatal sexual differentiation are going to be left in a far worse situation in life than before. I'm honestly very worried about the future...for people like myself, as well as all our innocent children. The spirit of Baphomet is taking hold of our world more and more every day. :messenger_pensive:

God help us all.

dream

this is “Feelings over facts” taken to an extreme degree. You’re simultaneously willfully ignoring empirical evidence while dismissing what you undoubtedly suspect is true just because you believe the culprit is your ideological ally. He is not your ideological ally, unless you also have derisive views of “she-males,” and despise people having “nigga moments.” I don’t think that’s the case. I think you’re better than that.

You and your lot like to bandy about terms such as “gaslighting.” Based on your reaction here, I would suggest that you’ve been gaslit by the same people with whom you share space “on the right side of history.”

Last edited:
Interesting. You hang out and defend a place that permed me because I asked why tans-penis was so offensive in Cyberpunk, with no ill intent. Yet when a cool/high up person from the place is actually shown to be totalt a-hole there are suddenly mitigating circumstances or doubt about the information. Cool.

Dynheart04

Neo Member
Interesting. You hang out and defend a place that permed me because I asked why tans-penis was so offensive in Cyberpunk, with no ill intent. Yet when a cool/high up person from the place is actually shown to be totalt a-hole there are suddenly mitigating circumstances or doubt about the information. Cool.

Mental gymnastics. That's all that can be said about that. I have seen people ridiculed, dog piled, then banned for way-WAY less. I've seen people banned for shit that was/had been dug up from years past, just so they claim they are one of the many labels ERA loves to slap on people.

Accusation? Doesn't matter. Proof of innocence? Doesn't matter. If you had a tweet from 10 years ago that had the word "gay" in it...well, you are a homophobic #whatever it trending this week: end of story. No tolerance whatsoever. But here, you have blatant evidence, and you have an avid ERA poster "hand waving it (shit ERA always love to say when there's an accusation being dismissed when it's the other way around)."

Did I say mental gymnastics? It's also hypocritical, and infuriating.

TaySan

Banned
You're so fucking disingenuous and full of shit.

What now?
Whoa you owned me now guys /s

*sigh* He should apologize and clarify that this is the past. :(
Go fuck yourself. Like seriously? You don't know me at all to say i self diagnosed.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Go fuck yourself. Like seriously? You don't know me at all to say i self diagnosed.
You're right I don't know you, but I've seen enough to feel confident in thinking you're a manipulative, lying, and hypocritical coward.

Were the B-Dubs statements made by ANYONE outside of your little Era bubble/social life, you'd be knee deep in the lynch mob looking for their head on a pike.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself, but I have no interest in "owning" you.
I just think it sucks that I don't see you defending/calling out the forums for people like me on era who got banned for far less. In fact I've never seen anyone there voice their opinion about the insane banning policies there except the people that also get the ban for excusing (insert shitty thing here).

I think I don't see that often because you probably are aware that you'd be banned yourself for not going along with group think over there. Hence why I think it sucks that you can come here and defend far more shitty behaviors because you know this place will not ban you for it.

I hope I made my point, but english isn't my first language. Short version: I hope that one day in the future "you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds" defending that asshole totalitarian anti-democratic place.

Nothing is going to happen with B-dubs over those posts, and I'm not sure anything even should. Some of them are over a decade ago and even on Era, you'll see the super woke regularly admit to having "problematic pasts". I could see some people going ballistic if we were talking about 2017 posts, but not a time when Gaf's culture was extremely different.

What makes them hypocrites over the whole thing is they're not giving anyone else room to "grow" like they supposedly have. Most of those posts B-dubs made would be a straight up perm on Era, but they see themselves as morally superior because they're "older and wiser" in their own minds, so it's very much a "rules for me, but not for thee" kind of thing.

Last edited:
I get it. watching them all scurry around, divided along ideological lines, is excellent entertainment.

My concern here is that in taking forever to disseminate news of their GM’s bigotry is giving ResetEra leadership time to get ahead of the story. I think there’s no chance at all that the mod team isn’t aware of this, and they’re probably working diligently to figure out how to control the narrative.

To me the cross forum drama is cringe worthy. From both sides really. I have no stakes in that. I signed up here after all the meltdown so I don't have any particular "allegience". This place most certainly is a far more inviting and rad place to hang out though and I've enjoyed my time. When it comes to resetera I almost feel like someone on the outside looking in on zoo animals or something, even when I've tried to participate there.

dream

Nothing is going to happen with B-dubs over those posts, and I'm not sure anything even should. Some of them are over a decade ago and even on Era, you'll see the super woke regularly admit to having "problematic pasts". I could see some people going ballistic if we were talking about 2017 posts, but not a time when Gaf's culture was extremely different.

What makes them hypocrites over the whole thing is they're not giving anyone else room to "grow" like they supposedly have. Most of those posts B-dubs made would be a straight up perm on Era, but they see themselves as morally superior because they're "older and wiser" in their own minds, so it's very much a "rules for me, but not for thee" kind of thing.
yeah, I don’t want to see the guy get castigated. But I do think the hypocrisy should be spotlighted. These people gleefully clap like happy monkeys when a homophobic politician is outed for being gay. You’d think there’d be a similar reaction when ”community leaders” who act so smug and morally superior are revealed to have a lot of bigotry in their digital histories.

TaySan

Banned
You're right I don't know you, but I've seen enough to feel confident in thinking you're a manipulative, lying, and hypocritical coward.

Were the B-Dubs statements made by ANYONE outside of your little Era bubble/social life, you'd be knee deep in the lynch mob looking for their head on a pike.
Yeah guys lay off TaySan, it's well known that one of the symptoms of autism is being hypocritical and being a troll. I'm disabled.
How'd you become disabled? Acid?
I'm not interested in your bullying games so knock it off. I know who am so piss off. There are people behind these avatars believe it or not.

B dubs messed and if they ban me over saying that than you guys are right He should come out and apologize.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Era have canceled people for far less. B-dubs should make a statement and step down.

As seen with James Gunn and many others, it only matters *who* points out the "problematic content," not the actual "problematic content" itself. If it's been pointed out by "bad faith actors" like posters on this forum, then they can comfortably close their eyes to it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jfc, I was just banned on Era for a month for “dismissing concerns around homophobia.”

My crime, pointing out that Tulsi Gabbard has a 100% pro LGBTQ voting record according to the Human Rights Council. Cool.
Ahem, allow me to translate into wokespeak

It 👏 Was 👏 Never 👏 About 👏 Consistency 👏

Issa cult, man. The rightspeak changes with every shifting alliance and cause and outrage.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
As seen with James Gunn and many others, it only matters *who* points out the "problematic content," not the actual "problematic content" itself. If it's been pointed out by "bad faith actors" like posters on this forum, then they can comfortably close their eyes to it all.

It's like a religious sect. They are so indoctrinated into that thought that it's the speaker and the accused that matters and where they place their loyalities. The actions themselves are immaterial. Look at Trudeau and the multiple instances of black face. Look at HRC and her many, many issues dealing with homophobia, racism, and Islamaphobia.

They would skewer people for less but if you kiss the proper ring, they will run defense for you. This is why I was done with the Authoritarian Left. They are the bizarro side of the coin to the Religious Right.

Imagine cultivating a forum where a thread like this can be posted and most of the posters actually agree:

No, women could not play in the NBA right now. Kobe just looking for attention. Women are at a biological disadvantage. They are not as fast. They are not as athletic. They are not as strong. They would get killed in the NBA.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jfc, I was just banned on Era for a month for “dismissing concerns around homophobia.”

My crime, pointing out that Tulsi Gabbard has a 100% pro LGBTQ voting record according to the Human Rights Council. Cool.

You're weren't sufficiently disparaging of Tulsi Gabbard, so obviously you're a homophobic Nazi.

You know full well that anything and everything in the past is fair game for condemnation and cancellation on Era and in the woke Twittersphere. People's ancient history gets the critical lens applied it to on a daily basis.

I'll leave it at that, though. I don't feel comfortable with how some folks are calling you out when you weren't even in this thread.

It's like a religious sect. They are so indoctrinated into that thought that it's the speaker and the accused that matters and where they place their loyalities. The actions themselves are immaterial. Look at Trudeau and the multiple instances of black face. Look at HRC and her many, many issues dealing with homophobia, racism, and Islamaphobia.

They would skewer people for less but if you kiss the proper ring, they will run defense for you. This is why I was done with the Authoritarian Left. They are the bizarro side of the coin to the Religious Right.

Same. The hypocrisy just got to be too much for me and I wish I saw it for what it was much earlier. They're only interested in power and moral grandstanding and shaming are the methods they are using to attempt to seize it.

Last edited by a moderator:

daemissary

Too late!

Hahahaha, I guess it was! Really thought that I was getting out before I said anything inflammatory.

Ah well, I only post there to try and help people get out of the cult-like thinking anyway. Really thought progress was being made when the Hillary/Bernie thread turned hard against Clinton.

I'm not interested in your bullying games so knock it off. I know who am so piss off. There are people behind these avatars believe it or not.

B dubs messed and if they ban me over saying that than you guys are right He should come out and apologize.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I don't hate you and I'm not super comfortable with people dog-piling on you for this.

That said, it's naive to think that they'll own up to this hypocrisy and I think deep down, you're aware of that. You're already more open-minded than most there just by virtue of visiting this site. Even if you don't want to accept that there are multiple viewpoints here, you're still being exposed to them.

And we can trace the hypocrisy back to one bizarre concept that doesn't hold up to scrutiny when examined under a lens; the concept of "bad faith". As with the James Gunn situation, people were accused of not really caring about the problematic content they point out. And you know what, that's 100% true. But so what? A malicious entity bringing forth verifiable information doesn't somehow make that information less verifiable. But people will use that as an excuse to dismiss those concerns and past comments.

And do you know why that is; why this won't become a big thing on Era? Because literally EVERYONE on that site that had any presence on Gaf prior to 2015 is guilty of the same thing B-dubs is, even the most aggressively woke minorities there. A big trans voice like Kinsei was saying the same shit back in 2013 or so despite their identity being the butt of the joke in those scenarios. The logic is if one person has to apologize, everyone does, but they don't want to admit fault, at least not publicly. These people have cast aside their past selves through a combination of guilt and malice for the current generations that say the same stuff they did, completely cutting off their potential for growth because all they can do is scream at the people identical to their past selves.

But hey, if you want to prove me wrong, why not make a thread over there? Talk about how uncomfortable you are over it and politely ask for B-dubs to apologize. After the trans incident, meta threads should be fair game. If what you say is true, you're probably thinking B-dubs will apologize and that'll be the end of it. But what will happen in reality is the thread gets locked and you'll be accused of bad faith accusations and alt-right gaslighting, leading to a permaban in the same way of Queen of Hunting was permabanned for pointing out accurate information about Cerium.

But that's just all my assumption. If Era is really the bastion of progressive thought you claim it to be, you should have no fear bringing it up. It's something the people there have a right to know, and I'm sure B-dubs has the benefit of the doubt there with how he's acted in recent years. So it should all end without incident.

Last edited:

daemissary

She's also very anti-war but fuck her for... reasons?

The source cited was some hand cam video that purports to show her at a anti-LGBTQ religious leaders party. I’ve found zero reputable sources confirming the video.

Also, even if I did...it would be patently absurd to think that was more indicative of her position on LGBTQ rights than her ENTIRE VOTING RECORD IN CONGRESS.

Last edited:
I'll leave it at that, though. I don't feel comfortable with how some folks are calling you out when you weren't even in this thread.

That certainly wasn't my intention when I @'d TaySan TaySan , I was genuinely curious what he thought would happen over it all but in retrospect it was uncouth of me. I can't speak for the others but if I came across as assholish I didnt mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom