• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member

XxammQ6.png

#Phonepunk#

Banned
fuck these looters and to hell with these bullshit "protests". seriously keep this shit up, it is radicalizing me against the left. it is clear their "punch a nazi" mindset has fully leaked out into the real world and is causing damage. all these SJWs putting on the worlds biggest show of "Planet of the Stupid" right now. they are just making things more dangerous for everyone.
I like how they think just because a buiness is insured that it means it happens instantly. You see that weeping minority over there? Its fine he has insurance. Those women that got beat up defending their business? It's fine they have insurance. Fuck yourselves right off you bigots.
LOL yes it's amazing what a great case these rioters are making FOR the insurance companies. like, yall wanted to demonstrate their importance, you really couldn't have done a better job! way to go! looking forward to the billion dollars insurance company bailout that is soon to come...

"destroying small business is GOOD you see!"

i can't wait to see the gnashing and wailing about insurance not covering things in about a month.

Last edited:

crumbs

These protests and riots have been going on for more than a couple of days & I keep hearing about white supremacists, but I'm not seeing much proof. I'm seeing plenty of evidence of black bloc antifa types, but still no receipts on the white power guys. Surely some have been arrested or caught on video by now.

Jezbollah

By the looks of it the ultra left have basically hijacked a great deal of the protests to try and turn them violent - it's blunting any point of protest that is legitimate, and will be repugnant to any non invested public support.

you would think after so many elections not going their way that the likes of the left, and era, would know that they're method of "change" is grossly incompatible with today's society where hearts and minds is a critical, core requirement.

Saruhashi

Banned
They’re also crying that it’s the cops fault because they purposefully abandoning that area. I thought cops were the enemy??? Also it’s thousands of people looting shit, did they not see how well the cops protected the “rich” stores?

That's another one that just baffles me.

On one hand "abolish the police".
On the other hand "where are the police".

The same people that want to, for example, ban the police from pride parades also want the police to pay you a visit for mis-gendering someone on Twitter.

Sometimes I wish they would just sit down and have a good long think to themselves.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

So they pro-gun now? I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with them wanting one, good for them if they want to defend their life & property. Its just...damn. That was the fastest 180 degrees I've seen.

Ymir

Looks like they're going to start banning talks of the looting because it makes them uncomfortable.

Valued REEEEEEEsettler HylianSeven can see through the lies and knows that talking about looting is just another dogwhistle

HylianSeven said:
I have a really dumb question: is "looters" being considered dogwhistle akin to "thugs" yet? I feel like it should be.

Also the looters are all white lol

kaylaz said:
most of the looters are white tho

The blackface technology has approached space age, all the looters were actually white!

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Banned

j2WX1wm.png
Yes, let me resign from my job in the middle of a pandemic. So is the "solution" to this not having any police force at all?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yes, let me resign from my job in the middle of a pandemic. So is the "solution" to this not having any police force at all?

I guess some people look at a failed state like Somalia and think “yeah I want to get in on some of that action”? Maybe our future warlords will be merciful?

m3GknA9.png

"people never get banned here for posting an opposing point-of-view"

The ban reason: “Dismissive Commentary about a Sensitive Issue” is basically “Don’t have an opposing point of view”.

JordanN

Banned
And right on cue, they managed to sneak some accounts on GAF and start fighting immediately.

The event was planned the day of Floyd's memorial. It was the right call. This site is filled with alt-right ass hats. If you're upset about this you can go fuck yourself. The stream will happen a week or two from now. It will happen. It's the fucking dipshit president you cunts support that led to these events.

Get fucked, all of you.
Oh man, you wouldn't say that to my 6'2 192 pound rugby playing ass in person you alt-right fuckboy. I'd beat the everliving fuck out of you.

Told you Reset always sends their defense force when called out.

Last edited:

crumbs

Sure would be nice if we had "Official Staff Communications" here. While browsing GAF, I find myself worn out from using critical thinking skills to interpret information and form opinions. It would be a lot easier if staff members could just tell me how to think, that way I would have more energy for incoherent emotional outbursts mixed with occasional product shilling.

Moogle11

Banned
Some people just really need to learn how to:

1. Care about things without letting it erode their mental healthy and turn them into a ranting, insane depressed person.
2. Do things that actually make a difference. Donate, volunteer, vote, work to get out the vote and fight voter suppression etc.

No one is going to make a difference if they're crippled by depression and anxiety and rarely leaving the house, nor does being a keyboard warrior online accomplish a fucking thing. Hardly any one online changes their minds after debates about even banal things like video games and movies, even fewer are going to change their mind about things as ingrained as values, beliefs and political views/preferences. All people do on forums is end up arguing fruitlessly with people who disagree and will mostly never change their minds or form echo chambers where they end up eating their own like Era and here back in the day.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Some people just really need to learn how to:

1. Care about things without letting it erode your mental healthy and turn you into a ranting, insane depressed person.
2. Do things that actually make a difference. Donate, volunteer, vote, work to get out the vote and fight voter supression etc.

No one is going to make a difference if they're crippled by depression and anxiety and rarely leaving the house, nor does being a keyboard warrior online accomplish a fucking thing. Hardly any one online changes their minds after debates about even banal things like video games and movies, even fewer are going to change their mind about things as ingrained as values, beliefs and political views/preferences. All people do on forums is end up arguing fruitlessly with people who disagree and will mostly never change their minds or form echo chambers where they end up eating their own like Era and here back in the day.

Internet warriors don't care about changing things for the better at all. If they did they would do the things you mentioned.

Moogle11

Banned
Internet warriors don't care about changing things for the better at all. If they did they would do the things you mentioned.

I think that's true of many, maybe even most. But I do think there are those that do care and are just unable to do anything as they're so broken in terms of depression, crippling social anxiety etc. to actually do anything in the real world. That also means that many can't hold meaningful jobs to have disposable income to donate etc.

For some they're largely living their lives on the internet because of those things (so it was a pre-existing condition more or less), others became mentally unhealthy due to all the negativity online and clustering in echo chamber forums other miserable people, and others had some issues that were made much worse by those echo chambers.

I'd note Era doesn't have a monopoly on these types. Most all forums have them, just from different sides/angles. I don't go to the politics forum here, but I'm sure there are internet warriors aplenty over there like any political forum, subReddit etc. and the Gaming side here is sure full of console warriors (as looking through ban reasons on the bans page attests).

The thing that sets this forum apart is here the owner and mods aren't internet warriors. Unlike over there where it became a shithole as the admins and mods are mostly as bad as the worst of the depressed internet warriors among the member base. Every forum has it's insane members, just the nature of the internet as it's going to attract a disproportionate amount of losers who don't have social lives in the real world. The key is to not let the lunatics run the asylum. Era failed a that, as did Gaf back in the day before the split. That problem has fortunately been solved here post-split.

Last edited:

Azzurri

Gold Member

So they pro-gun now? I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with them wanting one, good for them if they want to defend their life & property. Its just...damn. That was the fastest 180 degrees I've seen.

When it suits their agenda of course it is.

600Breezy

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA, not a single mention of insurance! LIVES>PROPERTY, those guys should have been responsible and gotten some of that insurance to protect them! Also lol at them blaming the police and Neo nazi's for this. The makeup they have to pull off blackface has been the best I've ever seen since it's only white people
committing these crimes.

the funniest part: “the police aren’t protecting these stores” geeeeeeee I fuckin wonder why

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
m3GknA9.png

"people never get banned here for posting an opposing point-of-view"
And some people still think this thread exists because GAF has ex-girlfriend issues, LOL.

I missed that one. Yeah, I've seen a few suspicious posters in the last few days trying to stir shit up and failing miserably. They don't send their best that's for sure.
They are incapable of subtlety. That's why that place is full of trolls and hardly anyone notices. Too busy watching out for dogwhistles and other things that exists only in their minds.

Dynheart04

Neo Member
There's a facebook thread about how horribly fascist the platform is. That's not the real point, though, it's the mentality of the people in that thread. Outside of a couple of people, they just seem to fall in line:

Thread starter - "Facebook bad - Delete!"
Person -A "O.K"
Person - B "Well, I kind of need it."
Thread starter - "No you don't just convert you online life, pics, contacts, everything, onto another platform! Inform everyone and say goodbye to fascistbook!!"
Person - B "O.K"
Person - C "Fuck facebook, but I already deleted it last year."

Obviously not verbatim, but that's pretty much the flow of the thread. It's like, they do not have a mind of their own. It's peer pressure to the next level. I'm sure there will be someone/people who will opposes the idea, and as that thread gains traction, they will be labeled fascists and then banned soon after.

I said it once and I'll say it again...it's just weird over there.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tongue::messenger_tongue:
they are trying to delete facebook

#Phonepunk#

Banned
from the Excel thread trying to cancel Krist Novoselic

8FYc40S.png

so yes, you do agree it is a political statement. YOU AGREE WITH HIM but you are still just going to say "no" and call him an idiot ANYWAYS... even though both of you agree on the same thing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

you are saying that his claim - "wearing medical masks in public can be seen as a political statement" - A STATEMENT WHICH YOU AGREE WITH, "reeks of idiocy" and is "a statement to your level of ignorance and stupidity?"

LOL i agree with both of you. you are a god damn moron

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tongue::messenger_tongue:

"Facebook harbors people who don't agree with my bullshit" REEE!!!. Jesus Christ talk about fragility.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Delete Facebook?
On the phone like?
I've an Android phone and if you press and hold the app button until it starts shaking and then tap the x button in the corner, it deletes it.
Didn't think people had difficulty deleting apps but glad to help. 👍

Edit: Don't know about Apple products, sorry.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The name alone (ResetEra) makes people unfamiliar with the incident start to approach with caution. I was a lurker many years before I joined...I have never had remote curiosity in checking out their page. Enough people have already verified that it's a place in the ole internet to just stay away from.

Ionian

I deleted my FB years ago when you had to jump through hoops to do it. Not for any reason other than it was boring as fuck.

Like the dumbass I am logging in to Spotify reactivates it, I don't use it and never had anything on it anyway so I stopped caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom