• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

She also called Blizzard Racist but loves playing Lucio on Overwatch.

As it represents ... blah blah blah.

Nothing, total hypocrite.

She should put her money where her mouth is.

Last edited:

SeanTron

Neo Member
The forums biggest racist steps in with her fan fiction. In a topic about racism.

bWVIneo.png

She obviously wasn't bullied or a gamer in school, we all know gender and identity politics were the top issues as gamer kids right? Suprised she took time to notice what was going on around her with the constant barrage of schoolyard racism she suffered.
That's some fanfic.

I don't know about anyone else here but the people that bullied me played and loved games too. Almost every boy I grew up with did, of all races, though it was and is a very gendered thing. Weird that they only want seem to cater to "women" that grew up as boys and participated in that boys club, but who needs sexism when sex doesn't exist and penises are not male genitalia anymore. 🙃

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
That's some fanfic.

I don't know about anyone else here but the people that bullied me played and loved games too. Almost every boy I grew up with did, of all races, though it was and is a very gendered thing. Weird that they only want seem to cater to "women" that grew up as boys and participated in that boys club, but who needs sexism when sex doesn't exist and penises are not male genitalia anymore. 🙃

They (Ree mods) live in a separate reality. Everyone plays games. I guess Nepenthe may have been called a bad word by some guy who they perceived to be a young white guy at some point on Xbox Live (surprise: many young men sound like the prototypical "white guy" in the US - even if they're black or asian or what not). And if so, that's unfortunate. No one deserves racism. Something Nep should understand. It doesn't mean the majority of gamers online are racist white dudes.

Ree mods never fail to amaze at how out of touch they are. They talk up the need for representation and diversity, but I wonder just how diverse their mod team actually is. I mean, it's their site, if they want the majority of their mods to be LGBTQ and black great! That's their prerogative. But don't pretend you're trying to reach out to everyone when it seems like you don't have a single straight asian, latino, or white man or woman on your team. It's disingenuous.

Ionian

They (Ree mods) live in a separate reality. Everyone plays games. I guess Nepenthe may have been called a bad word by some guy who they perceived to be a young white guy at some point on Xbox Live (surprise: many young men sound like the prototypical "white guy" in the US - even if they're black or asian or what not). And if so, that's unfortunate. No one deserves racism. Something Nep should understand. It doesn't mean the majority of gamers online are racist white dudes.

Ree mods never fail to amaze at how out of touch they are. They talk up the need for representation and diversity, but I wonder just how diverse their mod team actually is. I mean, it's their site, if they want the majority of their mods to be LGBTQ and black great! That's their prerogative. But don't pretend you're trying to reach out to everyone when it seems like you don't have a single straight asian, latino, or white man or woman on your team. It's disingenuous.

Oh she did do that already. Complained about how some white dude asked her something stupid while serving him.

Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was so innocent and certainly not even worth the effort to even look for.

Think it was leaving the money on the counter, was a while ago.

JSoup

Banned
Oh she did do that already. Complained about how some white dude asked her something stupid while serving him.

Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was so innocent and certainly not even worth the effort to even look for.

Think it was leaving the money on the counter, was a while ago.

She was also going on about 'how dare he talk to me like that, all of us at this table have belts in made-up-bullshit-fu, so stupid'.

recma12

>claim ERA is transphobic place
>chooses "banned for transphobia" post as an example

I don’t mean to sound insensitive to trans people, because I believe they do deserve to be treated fairly and equally, but what exactly is the point of this topic? Transphobic posts are stamped out on era pretty much on sight, so I am really not sure what the OP is trying to say...

The transcommunity on ERA lives in a parralel universe.
They assume that the 99% non-transpeople are constantly trying to "get them".
Like everybody is sitting at home thinking: "How can I downplay/dismiss transphobia today? Oh cool, a JK Rowling thread!" *evil laugh*
IMO only 1 in 100 posts are made intentionally by trolls. The rest is just normal people who don't know better.

TransERA lives in fucking bubble where everyone is aware of 12 different pride flags, transition-states, pronouns etc.
Normally, they should embrace these posts as an opportunity to explain their situation.
But they rather report the posts and call them transphobic.

"I'm exhausted to explain!" Shut the fuck up, you are basically a man in a dress that represents 0.00005% of the population. Naturally, people have questions.

SkylineRKR

So in a nutshell these are bitter bully victims consumed by anger and out for revenge.

Yeah that justifies their actions. Like those people who go on a killing spree and want a free pass because they were bullied. Bullying is bad, but no justification for bullshit like this.

No wonder racism against non-minorities gets a pass. That mod is endorsing it openly. Put those people in power, way to ruin your site.

that post is still standing which is frankly one of the reasons why I decided to check on how GAF was doing

That Doggie guy, since this post he stands out to me. And its one extremist motherfucker. He's hardcore to da bone in about every post he makes, and unsurprisingly not banned or warned. Straight up racist and hater.

Last edited:

notseqi

It means pike, which is the English name for that fish. Perch is Barsch
Don't correct me when I'm wrong, that hurts my feelings. Du Lulli. (I am not a fish person.)

And gone

What a based comment, and they yeeted him like it was nothing. I'm in a bit of a conundrum, I want to meet and not meet these people at the same time. Maybe over a beer, they sound like they need it.

Is Banshee McSpook a troll
Can I disable your avatar somehow? I find myself looking at it again and again. So unsettling.
As a Austrian, might I ask, are you aware?

Scotty W

Banned
Is Banshee McSpook a troll
Remember that movie “A Scanner Darkly” where everyone is a drug addict, but also a cop in disguise of investigating drug addicts, so that in the end they all persecuting themselves? This is something like that. They are all trolls.

Actually that would be a great thread for RE: how can we be sure that other people are not trolls?

On the Adam Levine rape thread “This hit hard. There is no reason not to believe the victim. Nobody should side with Adam here. (Until investigation/court proves otherwise - of course)“ inguef

Oh of course that’s exactly how this should work. What is wrong with these people

Daffy Duck

Can you imagine how much of a bloodbath the reveal thread for that Harry Potter game is going to be?

People will be posting in there how excited they are for the game and it’s the game they’ve always wanted, whilst you’ll have people shouting down at them calling them “FUCKING GROSS” because they’re supporting a bigot and how they “need to do better” and “muh vidya games”.

notseqi

I was asking in a roundabout way if you listen to the australian podcast 'The Little Dum Dum Club'. You are not, ok.
About the avatar... you know what you are doing. I think I found a Fat Kilmer pic that is even shittier than the one you have.

Last edited:

nush

I was asking in a roundabout way if you listen to the australian podcast 'The Little Dum Dum Club'. You are not, ok.
About the avatar... you know what you are doing. I think I found a Fat Kilmer pic that is even shittier than the one you have.

You see, for an Alt account you've shot your load too early. You've got to post like a regular bogan and not exclusively in this topic before coming after the king.

So, you better get funny quick so you don't look like a complete failure at this.

DogofWar

I remember disliking Harry Potter for being dull, obviously political in that way were they don't even bother using metaphors. It kinda takes away the fantasy part of fantasy if I have to think about real world political issues you know. And now I live in a time were Harry Potter is considered worse than Mussolini and J.K. Rowling is basically the leader of KKK.

I feel old, and I am only 27 guys whatever pronouns you prefer.

But yes, I am also looking forward to the HP reveal thread on there.

notseqi

You see, for an Alt account you've shot your load too early. You've got to post like a regular bogan and not exclusively in this topic before coming after the king.

So, you better get funny quick so you don't look like a complete failure at this.
Not an alt account.
I'll try my best to do a funny one day.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
OK bets are open:

Over/Under for "FUCK TERFS!" posts on the first page: 7.5

Over/Under for "dismissing transphobia" bans on the first ten pages: 13.5

Over/Under for # of pages before the thread is locked to "review reports": 2.5

Over/Under for # of threadmarks: 1.5
"Temporarily locked while we review reports" before page 9.

The forums biggest racist steps in with her fan fiction. In a topic about racism.

bWVIneo.png

She obviously wasn't bullied or a gamer in school, we all know gender and identity politics were the top issues as gamer kids right? Suprised she took time to notice what was going on around her with the constant barrage of schoolyard racism she suffered.

If gaming was created for and by white guys, why is she appropriating it?

Tuff McNutt

It has been a long time since I finished GTA 5. What was supposed to be transphobic about it? A joke on one of those radio stations?

There's not even any overt jokes, it's stuff like a delivery truck with "Post Op" on it. The whole "GTA/Rockstar is transphobic" is fucking dumb. For one, they make fun of everybody. And two, GTA (at least to my knowledge) was the first major game series to feature a trans character, Reni, who was a DJ in III, and because she was so liked by the designers, was made into one of the main characters in Vice City Stories. She is shown to be funny and cool (the total opposite of the screeching trans community on Era) and is shown to be a successful avant-garde art film director who had a relationship with Phil Collins.

The trans people I have met in real life are a lot closer to Reni than the assholes like KitKat and Incelchief, who have skin as thin as grade school toilet paper and mash the report button any time their fee-fees are hurt because some bad bad man typed in naughty words on the internets.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
There's not even any overt jokes, it's stuff like a delivery truck with "Post Op" on it. The whole "GTA/Rockstar is transphobic" is fucking dumb. For one, they make fun of everybody. And two, GTA (at least to my knowledge) was the first major game series to feature a trans character, Reni, who was a DJ in III, and because she was so liked by the designers, was made into one of the main characters in Vice City Stories. She is shown to be funny and cool (the total opposite of the screeching trans community on Era) and is shown to be a successful avant-garde art film director who had a relationship with Phil Collins.

The trans people I have met in real life are a lot closer to Reni than the assholes like KitKat and Incelchief, who have skin as thin as grade school toilet paper and mash the report button any time their fee-fees are hurt because some bad bad man typed in naughty words on the internets.

OK I figured as much. I remember on my troll account I unblocked excleihatemyself a few months ago and immediately got some kind of hateful reply from them. I then remembered why I blocked him in the first place and promptly did so again. I would imagine he's the main driver behind this resurgence in trans witch hunting.

recma12

I'm coming here to talk about some unpleasant things I've noticed in general on this forum regarding racism and general bigotry (including transphobia) in regards to games like the last of us 2(naughty dog), cyberpunk(cd project red), Harry Potter (JKRollings), Gta5(rockstar), and steam

EDIT Who the hell is Banshee McSpook?

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

EDIT Who the hell is Banshee McSpook?
Probably excelspreadsheet if you get rid of the cursing.

Definetely an Alt account. Reg in Feb 2020, 250 messages and mentions how the polls used to be (things must have changed big-time in 4 months). If not Irish, definetely appropriating Irish culture.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

and EVERY one of them must have been killed because they are trans, no other reason at all. /s

Most are killed by people they are in a relationship with. There is a lot of domestic violence in the LBGTQ community that is swept under the rug. But per ERA, there are death squads roaming the streets looking to shoot any trans person on sight, when the reality is that no one really gives a shit until you get a whackjob like Jessica Vaniv that insists a salon waxes "her" balls.

As has been pointed out in this thread, I think most trans people just want to live their lives and have the same basic human rights as everyone else, which I totally agree with. It's when you start having a tantrum because you got "misgendered" (aka GameStop "It's MA'AM!!!!") that you lose people towards your "cause". Perhaps not ironically, it's exactly the same kind of "Karen" entitled behavior ERA loves to give shit to straight white women for.

Saruhashi

Banned
Most are killed by people they are in a relationship with. There is a lot of domestic violence in the LBGTQ community that is swept under the rug. But per ERA, there are death squads roaming the streets looking to shoot any trans person on sight, when the reality is that no one really gives a shit until you get a whackjob like Jessica Vaniv that insists a salon waxes "her" balls.

As has been pointed out in this thread, I think most trans people just want to live their lives and have the same basic human rights as everyone else, which I totally agree with. It's when you start having a tantrum because you got "misgendered" (aka GameStop "It's MA'AM!!!!") that you lose people towards your "cause". Perhaps not ironically, it's exactly the same kind of "Karen" entitled behavior ERA loves to give shit to straight white women for.

I've always found it a bit curious when someone "transitions" and ALSO goes full SJW at the same time.

Especially online.

As I've said before, The Internet is basically a golden opportunity to pass for someone who wants to explore gender etc.
Like, who is ever going to know you aren't actually a woman or a man or whatever?
It's SO much easier than real life where you would have to work hard to pass.

Yet, they totally use the "I'm Trans" thing as currency online.
When given the chance to 100% pass easily as a woman they turn it down in favor of playing the trans vs cis game.

Genuine cases exist obviously. That's undeniable. I hope they get the help they need and I hope they live good and safe lives.
However, I do wonder how many of these folks are just guilt ridden white boys who see a way out in this extreme SJW stuff.

Sushi, the national food of Japan, is a racist stereotype

Ah i get it and California rolls is a type of grave n serious culture appropriation?

Guess i can't have sushi anymore, i also guess sashimi, wasabi, ramen and so on is racist too.

I do wonder tho, who the actual racist is in that scenario who's mind wander to that place where food items can be concieved racist stereotype in any way at all? Hmm

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

OK I figured as much. I remember on my troll account I unblocked excleihatemyself a few months ago and immediately got some kind of hateful reply from them. I then remembered why I blocked him in the first place and promptly did so again. I would imagine he's the main driver behind this resurgence in trans witch hunting.

They have 45000 posts on ERA and are on there 24/7. Definitely one of the self appointed watchdogs of the forum. The ironic thing is that they are a huge fan of the WWE and the McMahons are huge Trump supporters and the company is well-known for homophobia, misogyny, racism, etc. But I guess that is ok if you like the product (which IMO has been shit for several years now).

Ionian

What the fuck?!!

Some people over there are crazy!!

He's just unhinged that he can't complain about Star Wars anyone. He was one of the worst offenders.

Funny how those members who were logically dense to other opinions shut their mouths when 'The Last Skywalker' came out.

Not one of them kept their avatars, every single one of them changed them.

REEEEY, REEEY, REEEEEEEY!

Tuff McNutt

I've always found it a bit curious when someone "transitions" and ALSO goes full SJW at the same time.

Especially online.

As I've said before, The Internet is basically a golden opportunity to pass for someone who wants to explore gender etc.
Like, who is ever going to know you aren't actually a woman or a man or whatever?
It's SO much easier than real life where you would have to work hard to pass.

Yet, they totally use the "I'm Trans" thing as currency online.
When given the chance to 100% pass easily as a woman they turn it down in favor of playing the trans vs cis game.

Genuine cases exist obviously. That's undeniable. I hope they get the help they need and I hope they live good and safe lives.
However, I do wonder how many of these folks are just guilt ridden white boys who see a way out in this extreme SJW stuff.

I've seen some of the more prominent trans posters social media accounts and they are basically guys in wigs and dresses. No one outside of their bubble would think they are female or find them attractive in any way. My cousin in law is a MTF trans and she hates people like that and calls it "fashion trans". People like Incelchief just jumped on a bandwagon because they are bitter losers but once they are "trans" they can use "phobic" as a reason their lives are shit and/or for woke/sympathy points.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
He's just unhinged that he can't complain about Star Wars anyone. He was one of the worst offenders.

Funny how those members who were logically dense to other opinions shut their mouths when 'The Last Skywalker' came out.

Not one of them kept their avatars, every single one of them changed them.

REEEEY, REEEY, REEEEEEEY!
The only bunch of losers who liked Rose Tico. Worst character ever. Ruined Finn, she was that bad.

Ionian

They have 45000 posts on ERA and are on there 24/7. Definitely one of the self appointed watchdogs of the forum. The ironic thing is that they are a huge fan of the WWE and the McMahons are huge Trump supporters and the company is well-known for homophobia, misogyny, racism, etc. But I guess that is ok if you like the product (which IMO has been shit for several years now).

They have flat-out said in the past that they love to argue.

Only their style is is "FUUUUUCK YOU if you don't vote"

And they're not even American.

Edit: Thread title may have been changed or I misremembered

Edit 2: corrected link to the OP

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

The only bunch of losers who liked Rose Tico. Worst character ever. Ruined Finn, she was that bad.

If the whole Finn/Rose subplot was cut out of The Last Jedi, it would have been a much better film. It really wasn't that she was female or Asian, it's just when you're 8 films into a series, there is no need to introduce yet another character, especially one that has no relation to the already established ones. Also she is not a good actor and her dialogue was awful.

Ionian

Thought the actress was fine but Jesus Christ she was a completely pointless character.

I was close to walking out of the cinema, not because of any characters, but from sheer and utter boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom