• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

Does anyone know how to get your RE account deleted after being banned? I can't do anything logged in, since all I get is my ban message. Do I have to contact them? They've never answered my messages asking them to explain me being banned, so that seems unlikely to work? I just don't want my email address and stuff to exist on their servers anymore.

Being an EU citizen, I'm pretty sure they are legally obligated to remove all personal data they have on me if I ask them, as per GDPR (it applies to US companies providing services in the EU as well).

Your best bet is probably the Gmail address they never check. Log out and maybe the site contact link may work?

Honestly they very rarely bother with emails.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Your best bet is probably the Gmail address they never check. Log out and maybe the site contact link may work?

Honestly they very rarely bother with emails.
The contact link works even when logged in, but like I said I've never received a reply when trying that.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Does anyone know how to get your RE account deleted after being banned? I just don't want my email address and stuff to exist on their servers anymore. I can't do anything logged in, since all I get is my ban message. Do I have to contact them? They've never answered my messages asking them to explain me being banned, so that seems unlikely to work?

Being an EU citizen, I'm pretty sure they are legally obligated to remove all personal data they have on me if I ask them, as per GDPR (it applies to US companies providing services in the EU as well).
Correct. Also ask if your information was hacked in March 2020, and if so was the relevant National Data Protection Officer notified.

FUBARx89

I highly doubt they'll be following GDPR rules or notified anyone of the hack, they're still refusing to admit it happened aren't they?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I highly doubt they'll be following GDPR rules or notified anyone of the hack, they're still refusing to admit it happened aren't they?
You could contact your relevant GDPR data protection office and give them details. They are legally obliged to comply.

FUBARx89

You could contact your relevant GDPR data protection office and give them details. They are legally obliged to comply.

You know aswell as I do they've purged anything to say they where ever hacked ha. Didn't they say it was social engineering or something for a few accounts?

Can you imagine then getting caught out? They'd cry allsorts of asinine bollocks in a mod announcement about it like a doomsday cult at "end of days".

Dick Jones

Gold Member
coloring book
Where is this fucking joke book?
I wasn't around for this on its first run.
I fucking need a laugh.
If he tried it now, anyone who coloured the skin of a person on a page would be accused by ERA of "illustrated blackface".

Banned 6 months: illustrated blackface and a series of severe prior bans for transphobia, racism and correcting Slayven's spelling. Account in Junior Phase.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
You know aswell as I do they've purged anything to say they where ever hacked ha. Didn't they say it was social engineering or something for a few accounts?

Can you imagine then getting caught out? They'd cry allsorts of asinine bollocks in a mod announcement about it like a doomsday cult at "end of days".
See if they are stupid enough to ignore. A fine gets slapped on, I'm okay with taking money from a homophobic owner.

FUBARx89

See if they are stupid enough to ignore. A fine gets slapped on, I'm okay with taking money from a homophobic owner.

I never had an account on Ree anyways. I had a peep in every now and then and it always amased me how outraged they can get at the slightest thing.

I never really saw it here when I browsed before the split, cause I'd go lurking through gaming only.

If you get anywhere, please let me know, I want my account purged (not out of vindictiveness, I’m just trying to clean up my internet presence). Obviously ignored hitherto.
Also they don’t deserve my English Breakfast thread.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Dr Evil knows best
Z2zTiWu.jpg

Last edited:

entremet

If you get anywhere, please let me know, I want my account purged (not out of vindictiveness, I’m just trying to clean up my internet presence). Obviously ignored hitherto.
Also they don’t deserve my English Breakfast thread.
Great thread and I love an English breakfast.

AZ Greg

Not sure if I will be judged for this, but I have primarily browsed ResetEra since the split and... have decided to return here. I will still be browsing ResetEra as I do think there are good community members there, but the overall atmosphere is just too... stringent. As pointed out, there has been a lack of levity, and it has been significantly less fun to participate in threads due to many threads segueing into politics. I get it, it's important, but sometimes I just want to talk about the games, and the joy and hype they bring.

Same boat. Got permed there a few weeks ago for a history of transphobia which was basically me calling out people to report transphobic posts instead of quoting them over and over and ruining threads...

It just isn't enjoyable anymore... Sucks because the Sneaker community, Headphone community, and a few others are pretty dope.

But I don't want to be part of a forum where someone like Kyuuji can call something out and shortly after an official staff communication comes out apologizing and basically doing whatever he/she wants.

Anyway, what's good GAF? I see I got an achievement for being a member for 15 years, that's new!

lmimmfn

Not sure if I will be judged for this, but I have primarily browsed ResetEra since the split and... have decided to return here. I will still be browsing ResetEra as I do think there are good community members there, but the overall atmosphere is just too... stringent. As pointed out, there has been a lack of levity, and it has been significantly less fun to participate in threads due to many threads segueing into politics. I get it, it's important, but sometimes I just want to talk about the games, and the joy and hype they bring.
No judgement, welcome to sanity :)

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Damn another thread about Angry Joe LOL they really want this guy banned wtf

They are really mad he wasn’t properly respectful to the zombie game LOL what a bunch of babies

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Really shocking that nobody is upset about Hamilton. Blackface musical celebrating slave owners and nobody cares? They are celebrating knocking down statues yet this shit gets a pass?

It’s a testament to how full of shit they are

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Same boat. Got permed there a few weeks ago for a history of transphobia which was basically me calling out people to report transphobic posts instead of quoting them over and over and ruining threads...

It just isn't enjoyable anymore... Sucks because the Sneaker community, Headphone community, and a few others are pretty dope.

But I don't want to be part of a forum where someone like Kyuuji can call something out and shortly after an official staff communication comes out apologizing and basically doing whatever he/she wants.

Anyway, what's good GAF? I see I got an achievement for being a member for 15 years, that's new!

More Packers GAF coming home

At least here we can make fun of Cam Newton wearing lady clothes and call Minnesota the Viqueens as Lombardi intended.

nush

BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

graywolf323

seems there’s a bunch of us old-timers coming back, I wonder if any of the people I have as followed will

I checked out of curiosity but only one has been active

Ymir

It looks like Angry Joe doesn’t like their favorite game. It’s time to cancel him.
It’s funny that they keep saying how everyone else is upset or losing their minds over Abby but they’re the only ones I’m seeing getting unhealthy obsessed and upset over. I’ve seen people comment and make fun of it but they don’t seem to be neurotically upset.

it’s amazing how much the project their own mental illness.

Edit: Bonus lulz about them giving him more attention and therefore “a platform” when they whine how they don’t give such people a platform. Good job, you played yourself

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Does anyone know how to get your RE account deleted after being banned? I just don't want my email address and stuff to exist on their servers anymore. I can't do anything logged in, since all I get is my ban message. Do I have to contact them? They've never answered my messages asking them to explain me being banned, so that seems unlikely to work?

Good question. I also want to get my traces off that fucking freak show. But when banned you can't access your control panel or anything either. I wanted to troll them and fish for a perm after being unbanned but I'd rather just want everything gone from there so I might contact them in some way.

Well I did anyway. I demanded them to delete my account and I demanded insight on the breach.

Last edited:

SeanTron

Neo Member

Contact link on the bottom, make it very clear you want your account deleted and bring up the EU stuff. It might take a few days because mods only deal with TRA reports and nothing else these days.

SkylineRKR

coloring book

This is bigotry, racism and the whole collection of things I also advocate but I can because I had hard life being laughing stock for a reason.

Everyone who ever had to hold a color marker in its hand should feel seriously offended by this.

Last edited:

recma12

It looks like Angry Joe doesn’t like their favorite game. It’s time to cancel him.

Angry Joe: makes 48 min review video explaining why precisely he doesn't like TLOU2 and especially one character
ERA: Transphobia!
Abby: is not even a transwomen

I don't even agree with AJs 6/10, I love TLOU2 and even think Abby is allright..... but let the man have his opinion.
Since they couldn't get him on the bogus sexual assault claims, now it's finally open season.

notseqi

This is bigotry, racism and the whole collection of things I also advocate but I can because I had hard life being laughing stock for a reason.

Everyone who ever had to hold a color marker in its hand should feel seriously offended by this.
criticizing books of colour like that, the gall

Angry Joe: makes 48 min review video explaining why precisely he doesn't like TLOU2 and especially one character
ERA: Transphobia!
Abby: is not even a transwomen

I don't even agree with AJs 6/10, I love TLOU2 and even think Abby is allright..... but let the man have his opinion.
Since they couldn't get him on the bogus sexual assault claims, now it's finally open season.

I am sure Joe cries himself to sleep losing a few dozen toxic viewers from ERA.

They have spun it so weird over there so now you are a sexist if you critique the story and plot in Tlou2, man these fanboys. I liked the game for the most part, except the pacing and the story it was quite bad tbh but i really liked the combat and gameplay. Story was like a 4-5/10 slog with lots of pandering and plot holes and badly written characters. Gameplay 9/10.

But the TLou2 and sony fanboys make me sour on the game even more lol.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Joe made many good points about what's wrong with the story and the characters and I don't recall him going as far as calling Abby a trans looking character. Sure he made fun of how she's hitting the gym and annihilating everyone with her big punches, but that's it.

SkylineRKR

While they're at it, deplatform everyone and themselves included. Its better that way.

I swear there will be a moment where they decide buying games in general should be canceled because corporations are out for their hard earned (sure) money and they get no enjoyment in return since they hate every fucking game under the sun.

Ree is not a gaming forum. Not anymore or never was. Because if you insist on staying on topic in a game thread you get dog piled by half wits and even mods will punish you for ignoring serious concerns. Games are second fiddle, probably an excuse to create a forum in the first place. If they advertised it for what it really is, not many would join. The way it is now, they can reel in gamers and radicalize the weak minded ones. People in it for gaming discussions; get the fuck out.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I never cared for Angry Joe but his so called controversy was nonsense and who cares what some YouTuber cares about a game? Ree is fucking toxic.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

I don’t mean to sound insensitive to trans people, because I believe they do deserve to be treated fairly and equally, but what exactly is the point of this topic? Transphobic posts are stamped out on era pretty much on sight, so I am really not sure what the OP is trying to say...

The point of the topic, as far as I can tell, is that they actually have a problem with people who just want to enjoy gaming.

So, for example, the new character for Smash Bros is announced.
For most people with an interest in this game they are just eager to see who the new character is and eager to play the game with that character.
Pretty simple and understandable position to take.
However, on ResetEra there has to be a political angle first and formost.
What gender is the character? What race? What does this say about diversity? How does it apply in Trump's America.
So now there's a conflict because you have people who just want to play the game against people who need to talk politics first.

I suppose it could be likened to people who insist on saying grace before a meal.
You know, before we can enjoy this game we need to discuss the political ins and outs and if you want to jump ahead and play the game then maybe you won't be invited over anymore.

So when they are whining about "gamers" it actually makes sense because they are literally complaining about people who just want to play games.
People who just unapologetically want to play a videogame are so awful because they aren't actively trying to "make the world better".

Which I think should bring us to the conclusion that they are activists who are using videogames as a vehicle for their activism.
Some kid might sign up there to talk about the latest PS5 news but they will be battered down with political talk.
To the extent that saying "I am looking forward to the next gen Harry Potter game" will see you taking a time out for a week.
So you've got time to consider if you really want to discuss games or discuss politics first then maybe a wee bit of gaming talk.

So, of course, "gaming side" is all sorts of "disgusting" and "disappointing" and "showing a lack of empathy" so that even within their own small community they can throw shade on people who only post about gaming.

I mean, look at this:

They are setting up a thread that will gather threads where people just don't care about their political talking points so they can "call these people out".

You have to remember as well that they will go on and on about "fragility" and "angry gamers" etc but they are absolutely furious that a large chunk of the community is like "yup, I will buy that Harry Potter game".

Is it any wonder that so many of them are dealing with anxiety issues?
They can't even sit down and enjoy a videogame without second guessing if they are actually committing a horrible act.
What's that? You bought Horizon Zero Dawn on sale? No no NO NO NO! That game appropriates native cultures! Disgraceful!

The world is fucked but, in my view, you've got to pick your battles.
Otherwise you are just constantly trying to live up to some ridiculous standard.
To the point where you can't just sit down and enjoy a moment for yourself.

Even in the worst of the worst parts of the world people laugh and smile sometimes and kids play and be happy for a moment.
These people would be right in there. "I see the village children are playing soccer, hm? Don't you know the sport is a symbol of British colonial power?"

Last edited:

nush

E6C451e.png

Get back to gaf if you want to use real world examples and experience to support your arguments. This is not the place for that. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a turning point in history guys. For the past few years we've been telling their crusaders to go back to Ree. But not today. Today the tide turns and logical thinking is a GAF thing that must be repelled from Ree.

recma12

I am sure Joe cries himself to sleep losing a few dozen toxic viewers from ERA.

That's the most pathetic of aspect of Resetera virtue signal threads... they have 0 impact.
"I called him out on his bigotry!" "Deplatforming works!" "Unsubscribed, eat that Joe!"
OK........

All in all Abby is allright IMO
But there are objective reasons people don't like, being a women or being swole aren't one of them (for the vast majority of people).

A) Consumers rarely like a character when he has just murdered the main protag.

Duh?! Abby fucking killed Joel, why the hell would you want to play as her?

B) Consumers don't want to be fooled

Ellie is on the box, you should be playing as Ellie. Nobody cares about a little flashback/switcheroo now and then.
But you simply can't dedicate 50% of the game to a surprise guest.

Back when MGS2 on PS2 did a similar thing, people also got mad. And Raiden was male.

There are so many reasons not to like Abby..... but sure ERA, it's all about Transphobia.

That's the most pathetic of aspect of Resetera virtue signal threads... they have 0 impact.
"I called him out on his bigotry!" "Deplatforming works!" "Unsubscribed, eat that Joe!"
OK........

All in all Abby is allright IMO
But there are objective reasons people don't like, being a women or being swole aren't one of them (for the vast majority of people).

A) Consumers rarely like a character when he has just murdered the main protag.

Duh?! Abby fucking killed Joel, why the hell would you want to play as her?

B) Consumers don't want to be fooled

Ellie is on the box, you should be playing as Ellie. Nobody cares about a little flashback/switcheroo now and then.
But you simply can't dedicate 50% of the game to a surprise guest.

Back when MGS2 on PS2 did a similar thing, people also got mad. And Raiden was male.

There are so many reasons not to like Abby..... but sure ERA, it's all about Transphobia.

They also 'deplatformed' Skillup who's reviews are as popular as ever, that is how much as their reach goes. And i have no idea why as well, they just told me he is a piece of shit when i linked a review. *shrug* Okay who's to say you aren't also a piece of shit..?

They also 'deplatformed' Joe Rogan who signed a 100 millon dollar contract with spotify recently... I guess theyr hard at work deplatforming isnt really having much of an impact overall.

SkylineRKR

Ree has 50k members in total. I don't know how many are good willing, trolls etc.. but they have 50k. Lets pretend all 50k are on page, hate and will unsubscribe from AngryJoe right now, he would be like:

whatever-gifs-9TAfL3.gif

They have no impact. If something's changed, its likely not because of their tears. They'll claim the victory sure. Its nutjobs like Schreier who seem to write more and more with them in mind betting on a wrong horse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom