• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Meanwhile supposed "journalists" were having a meltdown over bullshit that they themselves were making up.

They've got nobody to blame but themselves.

They made their pitch and now have to stick with it. They cannot pivot as they will lose their audience and the bigger audience does not forget. No choice but to double down.

Mista

Banned
Thank you. I don’t know that I always deserve them (split on how confrontational I can be, even if I feel it’s necessary), but I always appreciate some kind words.

Anyway, I don’t want to sound like I’m being arrogant about it, after a respectful disagreement with posters I like, but just showing appreciation.

The irony of saying something like this in a Reee thread is palpable, and I always feel stupid, even if I try to joke about it, but in the interest of getting to know me, not a lad. Not that it exceptionally matters on the internet, as evidenced by everyone thinking otherwise. : P
A lady? My apologies I never knew

4iSt2D6.png

Hobbes back to planting his lips on the mods ass
guarantee his infraction points are at max and hes gonna eat a perma and go on a gun rampage

I honestly feel bad for Hobbes. I always thought of him as a respectable guy. But now he's giving up all of his dignity to submit himself to these awful people. It's so ... sad :(

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Awesome, Ree now has its own Reichstag fire scenario... even by their batshit-insane standards this is kinda out there.

pulga

Banned
4iSt2D6.png

Hobbes back to planting his lips on the mods ass
guarantee his infraction points are at max and hes gonna eat a perma and go on a gun rampage

far be it from me to cape on behalf of the Manager of Incidents, but he seems to be throwing shade at the mods right there. Notice how he doesn't congratulate them at all.

Maybe he thinks brown-nosing TransEra will net him protected status from bans ala KetKat?

ManaByte

Gold Member
far be it from me to cape on behalf of the Manager of Incidents, but he seems to be throwing shade at the mods right there. Notice how he doesn't congratulate them at all.

Maybe he thinks brown-nosing TransEra will net him protected status from bans ala KetKat?

Maybe get a bad wig and make a new profile pic?

Wait, what exactly justified this guy's ban? It's the most reasonable opinion to have?

I remember when ban worthy posts were met with pages of replies of outrage. This post has zero replies, because it's a perfectly fine opinion to have.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
zZRLJl7.png

Texas-Gaffers, they [SJW's] are coming for your state. Do everything you can to stop Democrats from turning your state into the next California.

"We are working on it"

Does he work for the DNC or some OSF funded PAC?

Someone started a "Most attractive characters in video games" thread over there this morning. It lasted nine minutes before a clairvoyant mod showed up and closed it because "it will almost certainly result in a TOS violation and boys club behaviour."

th

Sad that they don't even try to make those threads an actual thing and make them all-encompassing. When you're a forum that prides itself on progressiveness you'd think you'd have a bit of faith that your "diversified" userbase full of LGBTQ+posters would post plenty of smoking hot dudes, or hell, even some trans/non-binary representation to balance out the chicks being posted. I mean, for fucks sake the author of the thread even used the term "characters" instead of men or women, they were just that considerate to the ERA staff's.... sensibilities. But nope, a couple of users may break our TOS and we can't be assed to actively moderate what could've been a fun little thread, for fear that we'll have to delete some risque pictures of fictional women that might get posted by those gosh darn pesky testosterone fueled boys that make up the majority of the video game fandom. Only big brain negative teardowns of games, their creators and their fans are allowed here.

And they wonder why they're viewed as a big joke outside of their little social bubble?

sSiJwTM.gif

It's such an easy win too! Hot people, be they fictional characters or real are something almost all of us can get behind!

Last edited:

benjipwns

Banned
Anyone know when Cerium is going to write the sequel?

91SZSW8qSsL.jpg
It might be somewhere in here:
WC: 8727

This is going... well? I keep thinking I'm going to struggle to write, but I get right in there and next thing I know the chapter ends up twice as long as I was expecting. So that's good! The existential dread hasn't gone away though yet.

Today though, I had my first scene stealing character, and that's always an awesome moment where some character that wasn't even in the outline demands to be part of events. She's called Fee Delaney and she's a trans woman who started a software company developing architectural software after making her first million developing plug ins for Autocad from her bedroom, and she lights up every paragraph she's involved in.

It's always one of my favorite moments when I'm writing and some side character or just someone that the story dictated I needed to get from A to B demands that I'm not done with them.

From spending all day under the thumb of imposter syndrome, I'm now feeling the high of a really good session and I'm confident enough to reveal a little bit about my story.

It's called Strikethrough

It's about a woman called Mina Tolson, who wakes up one morning with two thoughts in her head: Don't worry, and don't let anyone know what happened.

And that's about all that she does have in her head, because every memory specific to herself seems to have been wiped from her mind. She knows the date. She (unfortunately) knows who the President is. She's aware of national events. But anything specific to her? Gone. For good.

She has to figure out who the hell she is without letting on that she doesn't know, then she has to figure out who she was, and why exactly this happened.

And if I can come close to doing that concept justice I'll be super happy. It was actually inspired by replaying Half Life, and being thrown into Gordon Freeman's life, and looking at the baby picture in his locker, while everyone acts as if they know who he is and you don't know any of them.

What it's not, is one of those 'Oh, I was a super spy and I can do martial arts!' stories. Not that those aren't cool.
BDS said:
I have officially written my very first chapter! Current word count: 2751

If you guys would like to read the synopsis of my story...
Valeria Hawking never intended to start a war.

As a young archaeological student on the planet Newtonia, humanity's home in the centuries after climate change ravaged Earth, Valeria is content to study the ruins of a long-dead civilization and ignore the uncomfortable tensions of a society wracked by rampant income inequality and a tyrannical military dictatorship.

But after she uncovers an ancient artifact that could be the key to unlocking the powerful secrets of the precursors, Valeria is recruited by a resistance movement that is searching for a powerful weapon beneath Newtonia's surface -- one that could spark a full-scale civil war against the oppressive Republic. As she struggles with her new allegiances, Valeria meets new friends, tangles with dangerous rivals, and finds herself at odds with her own father, a high-ranking official in the president's cabinet.

To uncover the secrets of Newtonia's past, Valeria will have to wade into a conflict that will determine humanity's future among the stars -- and embrace her destiny as a part of something bigger than herself.
WC: 1528

Not a bad start. I've never written science fiction or fantasy before. Everything I've written is straight horror, so there is no "world building" perse. Right now it feels like I'm kind of flinging everything into the pot and hope it comes together. Here's a brief segment from the opening if you're so inclined to read:
He moved across the wasteland.

Everywhere the world was dead or dying. Twisted skeletons of steel stretched miserably towards the wasted sky. Mangled and burnt metal husks. Man made wonders broken, abandoned and forgotten. The wind howled like a wounded animal through the concrete frontier.

There was a storm coming.

The technicolor heavens soon would break open and baptize the blackened earth with toxic rain. He had maybe an hour to get back to the crawler. Fulber hoped that was long enough to find what he was looking for.

The old world was dead, but its treasures remained. Junkheads sifted through the ashes of yesterday and returned to Delta One with valuable salvage for today. Copper wire and scrap iron all had value through either legitimate channels or the black market. There was a fortune waiting, but you had to be willing to look. Nobody was more willing to look than him.

Five days out, he came across the battle wreckage.

Fulber had never risked anything longer than a three day journey before. There was plenty of salvage closer to Delta One, so there was no need to take the crawler that far out. But he wanted to score something special that would earn a massive payday. As the Nemesis Wing came into view, Fulber knew he had found what he was looking for.
I forgot this started today! Forgot to bring my laptop with me so I guess I will be falling behind from the start lol. I’m a slow writer so not expecting to hit the goal regardless but hopefully this will motivate me to write a bit each day!

Very brief synopsis thing below for my project, tentatively titled A Guilty Party
“I was born an idiot and by jove I’ll die one!” is the cry of the old men looking to sell you a future. Life on Earth is coming to an end due to the ravages of climate change but the intrepid businessmen at Coldwhell, Cardweel and Cardel are focused on the one thing - getting rich. Katherine is an executive co-ordinator who must navigate the bizarre rules of office politics and the sticky morals of working for a company who gleefully sell matches while the world burns below her window.

Wickedly funny and quietly moving, A Guilty Party is a dark satire of unrepentant greed, office monotony and a world on the verge of implosion.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Of course punching down exists. If a NeoGAF Gold member bashes a non-gold member, then this is punching down, because there is a clear and objective hierarchy. As evidence I provide to you that on the Discord channel, gold membership is ranked higher than membership.

This is a joke post right?

pulga

Banned
What’s the reason?
Spanish is my first language, so it would be more comfortable for me to live in a spanish-speaking country. So that's probably a big reason why an American would rather go to Canada.

Safety and standard-of-living definitely also plays a role of course.

Thaedolus

Mista

Banned
Spanish is my first language, so it would be more comfortable for me to live in a spanish-speaking country. So that's probably a big reason why an American would rather go to Canada.

Safety and standard-of-living definitely also plays a role of course.
True that. People also don’t realise that language plays a huge factor in someone’s move to a different country. My first language isn’t English but I speak it very well. British school all my life but when it was time for me to move to UK to finish my aviation studies I was hesitant why? Because I was going to a country that didn’t speak my first language

After going there though everything was smooth for 4 yeas and all what I had in mind before going there didn’t exist at all

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
True that. People also don’t realise that language plays a huge factor in someone’s move to a different country. My first language isn’t English but I speak it very well. British school all my life but when it was time for me to move to UK to finish my aviation studies I was hesitant why? Because I was going to a country that didn’t speak my first language

After going there though everything was smooth for 4 yeas and all what I had in mind before going there didn’t exist at all

mista i fucking love you

benjipwns

Banned
“Accumulated infractions” they really do keep like a dossier/running tally on people’s wrongthinks over there.
This is like the one thing they admit to and are consistent about.

I mean, talking about it as an ideal. They aren't actually consistent in enforcing it (see: Shy) and will put it on ban messages for people never banned before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom