• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazza

I think it was banned because they don’t like Glen Greenwald saying the Russia stuff was a hoax.

I still can't believe they are considering banning the Guardian.

Speaking of the Guardian, it looks like their ex-CEO (who left two months ago to become the Footbal Premier League CEO, but has now had to resign) has got himself into a "me too" situation, after repeatedly propositioning a young, female Guardian journalist:

CM-COMPOSITE-PHONE-P51.jpg

Papa

Banned
I still can't believe they are considering banning the Guardian.

Speaking of the Guardian, it looks like their ex-CEO (who left two months ago to become the Footbal Premier League CEO, but has now had to resign) has got himself into a "me too" situation, after repeatedly propositioning a young, female Guardian journalist:

CM-COMPOSITE-PHONE-P51.jpg

He’s an unfaithful douche but she’s clearly leading him on xx

There can be no such thing as equality so long as women continue to claim the benefits of being a woman while also demanding the benefits of being a man xx

Kazza

He’s an unfaithful douche but she’s clearly leading him on xx

There can be no such thing as equality so long as women continue to claim the benefits of being a woman while also demanding the benefits of being a man xx

I don't know, that whole adding "kisses" thing seems to be becoming quite common, and not just among young women. When I was working in the UK a couple of years back a 50-something year old women our company worked with would always end her messages with "xx". I thought it was a little weird but just ignored it. There was a 21 year old guy I worked with who got a little excited by it, and was disappointed when he found out that she gave kisses to everyone and not just him (he was probably hoping for some cougar action :messenger_tears_of_joy: ). Still, I think it's a dumb thing to do. I mean, why are you sending me kisses, you're not my girlfriend.

Papa

Banned
I don't know, that whole adding "kisses" thing seems to be becoming quite common, and not just among young women. When I was working in the UK a couple of years back a 50-something year old women our company worked with would always end her messages with "xx". I thought it was a little weird but just ignored it. There was a 21 year old guy I worked with who got a little excited by it, and was disappointed when he found out that she gave kisses to everyone and not just him (he was probably hoping for some cougar action :messenger_tears_of_joy: ). Still, I think it's a dumb thing to do. I mean, why are you sending me kisses, you're not my girlfriend.

...or am I?

xx

JordanN

Banned
oFNOrVH.png

Anyone remember the controversy surrounding Kingdom Come Deliverance?

A developer made a game set in Bohemia,Europe but Resetera accused the dev of being racist because it featured mostly Native Europeans?

Yet according to this new post, apparently any resistance to diversity means your game is a Nazi. Who is going to put a stop to this?
Publishers seem happy gobbling this shit up from Resetera.

Last edited:

benjipwns

Banned
Ma0opif.png
Wouldn't picking a character they identify as already be enough? Like if you're a trans man, just pick a male character in a game? Or does every video game character have to go through a transition in order for that person to feel related to that character?
I actually wondered about this just as a random thought one day and wondered how you could possibly do it in a way that's not offensive.

When you're in the character creator and it asks gender it has a "transwoman" option and it just plays a dramatic cutscene where the male -> female variable is changed as one morphs into the other rather than instantly changing?

Then every time the character is addressed there's a note like "Excuse me miss (Maya's gender was misidentified at birth) but you dropped this."

To do it in an offensive way I would have a transition tree that you level up and your character gradually transforms into the other gender as you reach it.

Although I'm pretty sure I saw a game labeled transphobic for letting you created say, bearded ladies. Probably Saints Row or something like that.

Also transphobic? Google Chrome for not realizing when I misspell transphobic and also marking transphobic as a misspelled word.

JordanN

Banned
We have our first casualty. Soldier died in the line of the duty.

HayjnU6.png

Oh and as a bonus, he's not white either.

O2Qicdt.png

Rest in Peace soldier. Your sacrifice wasn't in vain.

6iMV0zi.jpg

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

HayjnU6.png

O2Qicdt.png

6iMV0zi.jpg
Lol. I would absolutely roast these idiots into sniveling wrecks if they had the balls to stick their head out from their basement and face the real world.

There’s no hashtags in reality.

ManaByte

Gold Member

HayjnU6.png

O2Qicdt.png

6iMV0zi.jpg

That's a Resetera ad-lib ban message. Just fill in the blanks and hit "perm"

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I actually wondered about this just as a random thought one day and wondered how you could possibly do it in a way that's not offensive.

When you're in the character creator and it asks gender it has a "transwoman" option and it just plays a dramatic cutscene where the male -> female variable is changed as one morphs into the other rather than instantly changing?

Then every time the character is addressed there's a note like "Excuse me miss (Maya's gender was misidentified at birth) but you dropped this."

To do it in an offensive way I would have a transition tree that you level up and your character gradually transforms into the other gender as you reach it.

Although I'm pretty sure I saw a game labeled transphobic for letting you created say, bearded ladies. Probably Saints Row or something like that.

Also transphobic? Google Chrome for not realizing when I misspell transphobic and also marking transphobic as a misspelled word.

I just imagined a Sailor Moon-style transformation where the guy's dong flashes different colors and opens up like a flower in bloom to create a vagina (or female penis; check your privilege), and I've realized that I do want to see this sort of representation in more games.

Papa

Banned
I just imagined a Sailor Moon-style transformation where the guy's dong flashes different colors and opens up like a flower in bloom to create a vagina (or female penis; check your privilege), and I've realized that I do want to see this sort of representation in more games.

This is the kind of representation I can get behind if only for the lols

Kagey K

Banned
Oh god, don’t you dare ruin vaginas for me. Female penis has always been the clit and it always will be. That is a fact and you can’t #fakenews me.

The clit is the penis that never grew, and the taint is the vagina that never grew.

Science.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
xVbPXPw.png

tenor.gif

paoif3R.png

giphy.gif

Gxo9lyD.png

tenor.gif

Jesus fucking christ, I find it difficult to get like 4/6 people for Destiny/Div 2 together from a pool of like 30. And these people have hours to chat about a mod policy on a message board. Fucking hell, go feel the wind on your face you bad nobheads.

elsQCG.gif

Also, the guardian being banned - honestly their goal is to own something like wikipedia and have it as the 'source of truth' where ubiquity of mantra = truth. They are basically the Internet Ministry of Truth

giphy.gif

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
When you feel someone is making inappropriate sexual advances, it is probably a good time to stop ending you messages with kisses though. Could help the person on the other side identify you really mean it and are not playful.

HayjnU6.png

O2Qicdt.png

6iMV0zi.jpg

It's not the first time I've seen it but it still amazes me how quickly the mods ban people for making reasonable and insightful posts because they call out the nonsense.

Rien

Jelly Belly

-Arcadia-

Banned
What the fuck?? I'm calling my boy S Slayven right now about this racist ass bullshit. Don't EVER call a bunch of PoC's a zoo if you're not a PoC yourself.

Did you just call Slayven boy?! :messenger_hushed:

...You just shot yourself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about PoC culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on Neogaf where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you say anything on Resetera, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that PoCs, after hearing about this, are not going to want to browse this thread, nor will they browse anything on Neogaf. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Brap has alienated an entire market with this move.

Evilore, publicly apologize and mod Slayven or you can kiss your business goodbye.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

“Didn't he use to beat one of his wives?

I'm just bringing this up now before someone else throws it out there. BDW is a cool dude, let old shit die.”

Imagine he said a racist thing somewhere in the past.
oh god the gender weirdos and their obsession with BDW.

it's just so bizarre they tried to turn him into some "pansexual" freak who fucks his own spaceship. dude only ever hit on Leia in ESB, yet because Kasdan answered a loaded question in an interview somewhere, history has been changed, now the narrative is he was always some horndog gender fluid slut who wanted to screw anything with a hole. the racial stereotype of the black man as the ultimate sex maniac is unfortunately being used by self styled allies here so they can score a win for themselves.

the funny thing is, i have no idea why they are happy, or celebrating this at all. the guy said the two words. you are validated by a celebrity saying your buzzwords in an interview in Esquire magazine! clap like a baby seal, i guess, cos he said the magic words.

maybe the "films for children" line is true after all.

Last edited:

Jeeves

“Didn't he use to beat one of his wives?

I'm just bringing this up now before someone else throws it out there. BDW is a cool dude, let old shit die.”

Imagine he said a racist thing somewhere in the past.
Wow, that thread's going places. Already thinly veiled requests for bans, and people requesting that the past not be brought up because it might be bad publicity for people who identify as genderfluid.

I myself fall into the camp of "it was over 20 years ago, whatever", but the desperation they're showing for not letting that info out in the open is...something else.

jJSoUiE.png

Oh come on! I actually got a bit of a chuckle from that post. FeistyBoots may likely be an advocate for gender-fluid folks but they certaintly aren't "joke-fluid"!

Get that huge fucking stick out of your ass Fiesty, after all these years it must be causing some severe bowel damage by now.

PuTqH6n.png

Don't worry Feisty, we've got a whambulance full to the brim with tear absorbant sheets on their way to your house right now!

aScyijJ.jpg

And an express box of these for being such a huge fucking pussy. The bleeding should stop eventually. The cramps, tenderness and the fluid retention though? That's a different story!

crate-of-donated-tampons.jpg

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Holy shit at that SW spoilers thread. Seems like the power hungry nutcase mods only purpose is to make sure no one can have any fun or speak their minds.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
most recently i've seen them just pepper threads with "Why is everyone miserable and cynical? Must suck to go through life hating everything" because you don't like the thing they like. you can't just like or dislike something, if you dislike a thing, there is something actually wrong with you! consumer virtue signalling 101.

they constantly project. it makes them miserable to think they don't have complete and total cultural hegemony, so they have to project it out, and act like YOU are the miserable one, because you aren't going apeshit over some 80 year old saying a few buzzwords in anticipation of a media cycle.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

Its ok to be discriminate when its WHAMEN!!!!1!!! My god the tiny brains are really in a fervor over this.

From a MOD.... https://www.resetera.com/threads/‘world’s-first’-festival-for-women-trans-and-non-binary-people-set-to-return-despite-being-ruled-discriminatory-against-cis-men.156164/post-26941141

I thought we were accepting of what others identify as??????? If they identify as women whats the problem??? Transphobe!

Last edited:

Flintty

Wow, that thread's going places. Already thinly veiled requests for bans, and people requesting that the past not be brought up because it might be bad publicity for people who identify as genderfluid.

I myself fall into the camp of "it was over 20 years ago, whatever", but the desperation they're showing for not letting that info out in the open is...something else.

That’s insane. So he is saying. (And Reee are agreeing) that being soft is not a masculine trait? So much for getting rid of toxic masculinity. I’m soft as shit with my kids and other people I love. I don’t consider it a feminine trait. I consider it being comfortably masculine.

Fucking double standard goalpost moving bellends.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Pretty much just admitting they're normies who showed up late to the party.

Racism is not a necessary part of the internet, but it has certainly been there since the very beginning if you include snot-nosed punks who use racist slurs in online games and IRC chat.

The internet is the best place to interact with people without getting slandered for your race, your gender, your age, your education level, etc. However, most internet users are either idiots or sociopaths who deliberately give away their anonymity.
215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

Calcium

Banned
Look at the new moderation policies in action, folks. (Fuck, sorry. I meant "folx", really I did.) Handing out bans left and right in the Billy Dee Williams thread for harmless comments and flat out closing the concert thread because people are showing the dreaded wrongthink. These morons bitched that nobody participated in trans threads before, it's only going to get worse for them now. Have fun smashing that report button and crying that people are invalidating your special little identity, though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
BossAttack of all people getting banned in there? Talk about eating your own. This gender identity stuff is going to be the end of that place and lots of more extreme factions of the left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom