• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFire

Looks like mods are protecting Jason Schreier under the "fellow member" umbrella now
O4WZsVs.png
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Words cannot express some shit.

Kayhan

ShironRedShift got permabanned!

VICTOLY!

Finally pointing out his obvious and relentless trolling went somewhere. I don't know why it took so long for the ResetEra moderators to catch on. Dude couldn't even keep his story about being trans straight.

Now what are we gonna do about Banshee mcspook.....

Last edited:

Electret

Looks like mods are protecting Jason Schreier under the "fellow member" umbrella now
O4WZsVs.png
Don't forget that just a few weeks ago people were getting banned for calling out Tom Warren's objectively blatant console warring and PR bullshit.

They're THAT desperate to be graced by industry figures.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
O4WZsVs.png
They've done that a while along with Tom Warren. Jason is a cunt on Twitter, unlikeable and its clear no one in the business respects Jason as a person. Cory Barlog had a serious cut off him around TLOUII release so don't be surprised when development issues appear from sources close to Bloomberg with God of War:Ragnarok

TVexperto

What nasty, hateful souls these people have. Cheering in joy and fantasizing that CDPR gets burned to the ground. Fuck the hundreds of developers who won't have jobs anymore, and no way to make a living. As long as you get to make an edgy cheering post on a message board and get validated by filth like yourself, it's all worth it. Its worth the no doubt heavy mental health impact this has had on everyone who has worked on this game over the last 8 years. That's definitely something to enthusiastically CHEER ON.

The best part is that the "poster" was supposed to be the "tip of the iceberg" for transphobia in the game, they were all bracing for ficking MOUNTAINS of evidence and transphobic content. Not not a single person has been able to point to a SINGLE shred of anything transphobic, after millions of hours of accumulated playtime, beyond the alleged crimes of that single poster. But that's ok! All we need to do is keep repeating TRANSPHOBIC TRANSPHOBIC TRANSPHOBIA and stick it into every fucking sentence, and it makes it true. Too late to turn back now.

Nasty, spiteful fuckers.

j7B54As.jpg

aYfb2iW.jpg

qoJiPvV.jpg

adZjEja.jpg

p5J8m3m.jpg
„feels amazing“

what kind of person is happy about a company that employs lots of people and hopes it gets shut down so many people loose their homes and income

fatty

egboBnv.png

that one was deserved.

Truth be told, seemed more like a troll then anything with those posts saying a whole lot of nothing; and constantly antagonizing people.

Do you guys ever read this posts with different voices in your head? Sometimes I will switch between Shawn Elliot‘s Ralphie from GFW radio and the ‘how is babby formed’ voice. Makes it even more enjoyable.

Last edited:

who_me

Also I don't know if era is stupid or what not, but how did CD lied about cyberpunk gameplay elements? Didn't they show like 5/6 videos what is doable in the game, nothing outlandish (the bugs and glitches are something else). They didn't promise a goddamn life simulation game. Also not every game is gonna cater to every group of people , live with it. They got their damn choice of genitals and trans character..... what more do they want. Developers are not subject to the publics demand, it their own pieces of work. There are plenty other games that focus on Trans issues, don't go and sour on person's work because it is not what you want. Also Kyuuji is a goddamn hypocrite. You want to boycott the company.... don't play the game

O4WZsVs.png

Eh, this has been happening for a very long time. I'm shocked it's only 3 days for that language. I had MUCH milder language against him (something like he has an interest in sensationalizing crunch, and he's not fully objective) and I got banned for a fucking month for it.

And yeah, it's gross. The fact that he's a fucking public figure should supersede his "member" status. Just a laughable absurdity. Could someone like Trump make an account and thus be immune from attack? Mind-boggling.

Schreier is a fucking parasite, and it's not surprising he's exploiting this situation.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Eh, this has been happening for a very long time. I'm shocked it's only 3 days for that language. I had MUCH milder language against him (something like he has an interest in sensationalizing crunch, and he's not fully objective) and I got banned for a fucking month for it.

And yeah, it's gross. The fact that he's a fucking public figure should supersede his "member" status. Just a laughable absurdity. Could someone like Trump make an account and thus be immune from attack? Mind-boggling.

Schreier is a fucking parasite, and it's not surprising he's exploiting this situation.
Era will bend over literally and figuratively to keep any semblance of rapport with any "recognized" figure.
I can't believe how some fucking opinion mongers from youtube and twitter and various sites are considered almost celebrity status over there.

who_me

Get ready for another shitshow...... I wonder if they forgot Spiderman helped the police and that Miles' father was a cop also

It is a screenshot from cyberpunk's dialogue saying not all cops are bad

Last edited:

hunchback

Okay, I'll be honest about my feelings. This might come off as harsh, because really, I have no idea how in the world to say it without it sounding that way, despite not meaning to:

But Nephenthe's post, while truly wonderful and heartfelt and it's easily to tell is genuine and so chocked full of so many emotions which are incredibly valid...

That's all 100% true and valid.

But at the same time, like how to put this? This is the where it's hard to say it without being insensitive part comes in, despite absolutely not meaning to.

It's odd to see so many people rush to give sympathies and concerns to Nepenthe's posts, even when they're absolutely valid and deserved, when so many concerns from so many others were outright dismissed if not banned by the staff (which I know Nepenthe in particular has nothing to do with in most of these cases and don't mean to imply otherwise), to see such an outpouring of emotion and sympathy for that post and those feelings when so many others got and continue to get little to none (though I suppose that isn't terribly surprising since many who would do that are either banned, threadbanned, or just too terrified to post in fear of one or the other happening to them at this point, so it's only natural things would be rather lopsided at this point, with the way things have gone and where we're currently at, even if that's just a completely unintentional after-effect, but still)...

I dunno, if it's a feeling of being wronged, or just jealousy and pettiness (which I'm fully willing to admit is almost certainly part of it, at least in my case, and I fully realize that and how ridiculous and completely insensitive that is even, but I can't help how I feel, as weird as it is to be "jealous" of such things, it's just feels like more attention is being paid towards some people being hurt than others, and I'm sure part of the problem in fact is that we all feel that way, and just disagree over who gets more attention or why, and that itself is part of the problem itself, focusing on such things instead of just addressing the hurt itself and what can be done about it), or some combination, but despite their being ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT ON THE SURFACE, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, it still FEELS wrong for those kinda reasons.

Like, I know that might make ABSOLUTELY no sense whatsoever, especially since that post was so clearly so heartfelt and full of emotion, but that's precisely the thing...

So many people have been doing the same thing, have been pouring their hearts out as well, and to see that utterly dismissed and the whole entire tone change as soon as Nepenthe posted... While her feelings might absolutely be genuine and valid and she's not saying anything wrong or anything, it still feels wrong, because while that may have in no way been her intention, far from it in fact, the entire discussion has shifted despite absolutely no problems being solved, whatsoever, or anything really changing.

And that itself is worrying to me.

Because it's just because giving their sympathies to a perfectly sympathetic situation, and there's nothing wrong with that. Far, far from it. It's the most natural thing in the world, in fact.

But at the same time, nothing is actually SOLVED by doing that either. Not that post is really meant to solve anything, and is fully honest about that. But still, we're still exactly where we were, just expressing sympathy to Nepenthe while all the same problems and issues still remain, completely unaddressed, just buried under the wave of sympathies.

Like, I know it's not really a fair comparison to Nepenthe's post, but I'm still nonetheless reminded of this post from earlier in the thread that kinda got lost in the shuffle:

Like, I don't want to say that Nepenthe was doing the same thing as Wonderment, because she certainly wasn't, definitely not intentionally anyway.

And I know she was only speaking for herself.

But nonetheless, how do I put this... There can be an army of posts from various communities, but as soon as there is one staff post full of emotion, even when there are countless posts full of emotion from various communities, seeing people huddle around the staff post...

I duno how to put it, but it feels bad.

Not because Nepenthe's feelings aren't genuine.

Not because there even should be sides in this to begin with.

But just seeing how the discussion completely shifted like after that, even if that was in no way her intention, that people rush to give sympathies, even if they are indeed well deserved, just the flow of the discussion and all the problems that were being addressed and still needing to be addressed feeling like they're being swept away just like that, even if that was in no way the intention, still seeing it happening and realizing indeed that even COMPLETELY UNINTENTIONAL, that just people pouring our their legitimate heartfelt emotions like that can have such an effect on the way things go...

It just gives me even less hope, to be honest.

Because everything Nepenthe saying may be true and may be from the heart and is perfectly valid.

But where does it leave us?

What does it change?

Not that the point of such posts are to change things per se anyway, but...

I duno.

The whole thing, the whole state of the thread after that, it just confirms to meet that this is doomed to repeat.

That I myself have tried my best, to no avail.

And I'm just done (NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CALL FOR WANTING TO BE BANNED. I DON'T MEAN DONE IN THAT WAY.).

I'm just completely done.

I've given into the learned helplessness.

Nepenthe's feelings are perfectly valid, there's nothing wrong with them in any way.

But nonetheless her posting that and the reaction to that and how the thread has quickly shifted since....

It confirms to me that change is futile here.

So I give up.

I've tried so much, everything I can think of to get through.

But clearly none of it matters, and indeed, staff vs member divisions will remain, and we'll just keep going in circles, pouring out emotions until a combination of people get banned, others leave, others are too scared to speak up, until some other incident happens, where again there are various outpouring of emotions, various people are banned, various others leave, various others get too scared to do anything, and we all keep dong this and nothing changes.

Not for staff.
Not for normal members.
Not for anyone.

And indeed, it's quite clear from posts like Nepenthe's that that's just as bad for staff as anyone else.

But nothing changes, even after over a year of these discussions in various forms.

The clear point being that none of us trust each other, due to us all being hurt in our own own ways, for our own reasons, and thus are immediately suspicious of each other when even what might in fact turn out the to be the most innocuous thing in the end, nonetheless because of how we're hurt in the past, we can't take that chance, and assume the worst, assume someone is directly attacking US, assume people our leaking OUR private conversations, assume this, assume that, and in many cases, especially based on prior lived experience where exactly that happened, there are very valid reasons for that mistrust, but that doesn't mean that's what happened in every situations.

But precisely because we've all been hurt in our own ways, which is both tragic and perfectly understandable, because of those own forms of hurting, we'll never actually trust each other, not truly, and always be suspicious, the seeds of doubt will always be there and they won't go away because of that hurt.

So I just don't know what to do.

I don't know how to fight that.

I don't know how to make us able to trust each other and get along and actually fix this.

I'm not sure if it even is possible at all, precisely because that hurt is so incredibly real and runs so very, very deep sometimes.

I don't know.

But I'm stepping out from this particular conversation because I'm clearly way outside my depth at this point, that I've given it all from my perspective, and don't know what else to offer and my participating in it, my mental state has only become worse and I'm become more depressed and despondent over both the state of the site and the safety of those I'd like to consider friends, even if that's too strong a word and comes off as kinda creepy if anything as someone who's primarily a lurker, nonetheless even as such there are so many people who's posts I love reading that I'd hate to lose and I just have no hope that won't happen eventually, if not now, in some future controversy or some such, and nothing that's been said has given me reassurance on that front.

Like, people coming and going simply due to the passage of time and the realities of real life is one thing, but so many people leaving because they're afraid to post or what would happen to them or leaving because of what happened to other members... That's what terrifies me.

And nothing that's been said indicates to me that that will in fact get any better and anything will happen other than us continuing to lose members and communities.

And I've tried my best to argue my own perspective there.

But I've said my piece and don't know what else to say, especially this is hardly my forté to begin with, and honestly, I'm terrified myself about accidentally tripping on toes and have been fearful of that for some time and have been scared that I've been really living on borrowed time and that if I say anything, anything at all more than this, that I will be threadbanned if not outright banned, so that's just one more reason to go.

I just myself don't feel safe, at all.

I feel dismissed.

Ignored.

Like I don't belong.

So I'll spend my energy elsewhere, helping members where I can where I see the opportunity, but that's clearly not here.

This thread is a lost cause that will change nothing, for anyone, on either "side," or any community, or anything. It will just keep going on in circles, as it has been for months.

Nonetheless, I hope I'm wrong about that. Dear god, do I hope I'm wrong.

And I wish everyone in this thread the absolute best.

But I myself can't keep doing this. It's just not good for me, at all, in any way.

So to everyone here.
To TransEra
To AsianEra
To MuslimEra
To BlackEra
To so many other communities

And indeed, to the staff as well, the moderators, admins, and everyone,

I leave you with the warmest of wishes and with the best for all of you, wish you happy holidays, hope you stay safe in these trying times that even ignoring everything that's happening on this site and in various Discords and whatever, with just the pandemic and all that alone, I hope you stay safe and all that, and I wish the best for your loved ones as well.

And I'm just rambling now, as I'm wont to do, so I'll leave it at.

Best wishes all, and stay safe.

Also though,

I myself am not a part of any Discords. I mean, I have access to stuff like the original PoliEra discord, but I never use it, because I just hate Discord in general. And anything more than that? Got nothing.

But again, that relates to people being hurt in very real ways, and that pain being perfectly valid, and precisely because of that pain, we lash out at not only those who deserve it, but those that don't as well, just as a defensive measure to avoid being hurt again. That's part of being human, especially when you're a minority and that's your daily lived experience.

But that being the case, that's what gives me so little hope of this being something that's being able to be solved.

So much jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, and just, well, assuming they're true without any communication or verification, and just letting oneself be further hurt by assuming worst case scenarios and conspiracies even when that wasn't what actually happened or was meant.

I just... don't know what to do about that.
I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done.

Just too many people, each hurt in their own ways, for their own unique reasons and situations, making conversation and reaching across that pain and prior hurt even harder than it already would be even in the best times.

I don't know what to do.

I'd like to help, because like I said, I'm an incredibly empathetic person to a fault and just can't help it, especially since on top of that, as someone who's also disabled, I have nothing but time on my hands.

But... there are some problems that can't be solved. Certainly not by any given individual anyway.

And I have to accept my own limits and indeed, look after my own mental health as well, and be careful I don't develop some kind of savior complex on top of everything else, which never fixes anything for anyone involved and just makes existing problems worse instead of better.

Especially since on top of everything else, while I am a minority, while I am bisexual/nonbinary, that really has nothing to do with any of these particular discussions and as such, as I'm not involved in any of these Discords or a part of those groups, that just feels like further reason I shouldn't have gotten involved at all to begin with, even if the empathetic part of me fights with the anxious side of me that makes me want to stick up for those who I feel are wronged or who I feel have gotten a raw deal, that empathetic part of me also tells me I'm not the person to do that even if I hate standing by the sidelines and seeing people both be hurt and hurting each other and feeling powerless to do anything about it, even if it's "not my fight," just wanting to jump in anyway, especially after year after years of lectures from schools about how stuff like "people who don't jump in when others are bullying each other are just as bad as the bullies themselves" resonating with me and stuff, nonetheless, I know that all the same because of all that I'm likely not someone who should be party to these discussions regardless.

But like I already said, just rambling at this point, and I don't know what else to say, other than discussion in this thread has been completely unproductive and in no way helpful to my mental health and I unfortunately can't see that changing, even as I try my best to be optimistic and a glass-half-full person, I just can't see that applying here, as much as I try and want to.

Nonetheless, since I did end up rambling some more, I once again wish everyone the best, happy holidays, and hope you all stay safe and healthy, especially in this trying year of all years, with pandemic and all on top of it all.

Timothy "ShironRedshift" Brown

Shiron ends this post by quoting the Hexe Report posted above, creating the Ultimate Wall O' Text.

"Well, just one final thing. I'm not a member of the Discord in question as I said, but I feel it deserves just as much exposure, so I'll give it a quote just to make sure this perspective isn't missed:"

SEE: Hexe's Manifesto
Wait. I'm confused. Isn't Hexe an alt account of some kind? If I misunderstood, my apolgies

Kayhan

Shit is really popping off now!

It is Nepenthe (white babies must die) vs. Hexe (KetKat alt)

BlackEra vs. TransEra

So, I said the previous post was going to be my last. That was my original intent, no matter how it was received (although I will say I’m glad the reception is positive, so thank you). However, I began getting pinged by not only staff, but some trans members who were part of the Discord regarding Hexe’s post and they wanted something done about it. It’s going to be as quick as I can make it because I don’t have as long to deliberate, so.

First, some direct addresses:

I don’t know Toxi’s relationship to any of this, and frankly it’s irrelevant. What are the fucking odds that I- an administrator with nothing to do with the initial talks- would get PM’d about Ketkat, months after her second perm, after a situation that has nothing to do with her, while people are gearing up for a meeting between staff and trans members? Sure, I will take it as a case of horrible, coincidental timing on Toxi’s part, but at the same time, when the Ketkat drama is the first and most extensive point on a list of demands, spare me for believing that I was walking into some yesterday’s news bullshit:

I admitted not only in my post, but right there in the meeting, that the first perm of hers was wrong in the way it was conducted and drawn out, and that I am part of the reason she came back. So there was actually agreement there. So why the fuck was that not taken that as an olive branch, if only from me personally?

What a conniving way of reading me. How is saying “If Era stresses you out, you should spend time away from it” saying “If you think Era has issues, you have a mental illness?”

But you know what? Fuck all this. Let’s not beat around the bush.

You addressed pretty much nothing in my post. There’s nothing regarding the issues with your behavior, nor is there any acknowledgement of the action plans I made at the end of my post to even begin trying to help. You came in here scrambling to do damage control because you know good and gotdamned well that some of the behavior shown towards me, Alice, and Sophia in that Discord meeting was unacceptable, and it looks really, REALLY fucking bad for you and others who keep stirring the pot of this fucking nonsense, acting as if there are hard, immutable lines between staff and trans members and that it is impossible for us to work together, when the fact is most people just want to get together and help. But no one here has to only take my word for it. These two TransEra members were present during the meeting, and they were online when I asked for permission to anonymously post some of their thoughts and testimony. But trust me, I have more in my Discords and PMs, and if it is deemed necessary and I get permission I will gladly post more. From Member A:

From Member B:

I implore anyone else who was at the talks, if you think my character, my behavior, my words, were out of line, were hostile, were transphobic, and the channel hasn’t been scrubbed, to post anything you believe Era should know about how I acted in the meeting. I’m allowing you to make your case now, although I’m pretty confident about having absolutely nothing to hide.

Regardless, it is clear. What you said to me, Hexe, wasn’t defensible. The vitriol shown to us wasn’t defensible, even if you take into account that people are fed up and upset with staff and this forum’s atmosphere. You and others trying to paper over this isn’t defensible. Harassing other trans members for having concerns over the way staff are treated isn't defensible. My being staff doesn’t entitle you nor anyone else to shit on us all the fucking time. You also can’t simultaneously complain about staff failing you consistently, and then turn around and bite us in the hand every single time we try to extend it out.

I’m saying this to you, but it’s relevant to everyone: Either you believe Era can be better, or it cannot. I don’t care which viewpoint you hold at this point. But if you believe Era is hopeless, don’t get in the way of others who do want to try! Don’t fucking sabotage the efforts! Sophia came to you all with the intent to mend bridges and now here I am having to pull out the goddamn DMs not only to prove some of the pettiness we encountered, but about how not even other Trans Era members in your own fucking Discord think this constant, nagging, negative feuding is okay and productive.

ENOUGH.

My action plans are still in play. Next staff meeting we will be going over them. Anyone is still free to give us tangible ideas and solutions, such as the one about official site communication never- EVER- being fucking conducted on Discord again unless extreme circumstances regarding privacy warrant it (and in such case, everything will still be logged). Let’s just pull up our pants and get to work.

Last edited:
Jason is a cunt on Twitter, unlikeable and its clear no one in the business respects Jason as a person.
Jason is quite unpleasant as a person, but his reputation as a journalist is essentially flawless. He has consistently cast a light on industry malpractice, and people in leadership positions don't like when their employees have a trusted source they can confide in. Remember when this Redditor posted about CDPR in October, after CDPR's bullshit PR about why the game was delayed?

So many people here, on Reddit, etc were in complete denial. Called him a liar, claimed he was larping, tried to pick holes in his story. Jason contacted them, came back, and said, "They're legit." If Jason says someone is legit, they're legit. And it was no surprise when everything in this post was absolutely on the mark. CDPR management was lying about the game pretty much non-stop since 2018. Jason's unpalatable personality has no bearing on his quality as a journalist. He has an essentially flawless track record in that regard. Being constantly right means that people trust him with their stories because they know their stories will be taken seriously. Do I wish he was nicer? Do I wish he'd quit Era? Sure.
Hi, CDP developer here.
Not only this conversation never happened, but this is just the last in a long list of very toxic behavior from the upper management toward us developers.

First of all, I can confirm this conversation never happened, if anything the developers have been crunching no-stop since May 2019, where the management was like "oh shit we need to make the game, we must hurry", mind that we were barely out of alpha at that point and even though most developed pointed out that was impossible to do the whole game ALMOST from scratch in one year.

If anything, people have been dreading the inevitable 2 year death march since long before the crunch started because they know it's just how CDP rolls, dick around in pre prod for ages and then rush everyone and work devs to the bone to make up for the time lost, and none of them was looking forward to it.

We asked "what's the plan if we can't deliver in the set deadline" and up until December the answer from management was "we have to, there is no plan B", so here you go, first year of crunch there, of course, first a 2 month delay and then another 6 months of delay, and - to give a picture of how low is the level of communication between the management and developers - we found out both times ON TWITTER and other social that the game was being delayed, with a mail from Adam following few hours later.

Same happened with the Gold release, and any other announcement since June 2019.

People getting riled up right now about the crunch, just so you know, many people have been spending the week ends in the office and doing 16 hours per day pretty much since June 2019, some departments even as far as a year earlier.
Every time this was addressed you'd get the usual copy paste spiel about "we are fueled by passion, we are rebels, this is not for everyone and other such copy-paste slogans" which was a cool way to say "We have no idea what we are doing but we have infinite cash and we fix everything with more crunch"

Conversations end up mostly like this, the management saying that everything is great and cool and we have to believe in the project, our questions and doubts being brushed aside.

At the end of the day feels like CDP management is completely detached from the reality of us developers.

And this is only a brief summary of the issues pertaining crunch, there is much more that could be said, but I believe that other issues could be resolved internally over time as the studio grows, this however is not something that I think can be ever resolved for a simple reason.

That directors and leads in Warasaw are the people that did this shit for W3, are the people that survived that hell and are ok with it. And the management simply doesn't care.

After all most developers get a yearly bonus that is a pittance, while the upper heads rack up hundreds of thousands of zloty in bonuses. (in euro / dollar they get A LOT still) so eveything is fine.

And probably this is what makes it preposterous, no one in the studio benefits or cares to release earlier, many people just want to do their job, get paid and possibly not have to sleep in the studio (which happened, and not scarcely, especially in Warsaw).
The people that want the product OUT asap are the board and the marketing directors, and they don't give a flying fuck about the work balance.

I mean, they even changed the crunch allowance to Uber (from Przysne, a polish delivery service) because it doesn't ship for free so you're discouraged from ordering too much.

Day 1 patch is most likely going to be quite massive, the game was rushed and the announcement of "gold" came as a surprise for most of the team.

It is unlikely the game will be 100% done and polished even including the day 1 patch. The game would easily need at least 4-5 more months of work - counting crunch

The technology behind the game is not bad actually the rendering and engine lighting teams did a great job and the visual quality is quite high, although the RedEngine is a bit mangled the game is not terrible - technically speaking - but it could have used more time to be properly shipped.

It's a lot of things, from work being scrapped after being done almost production-ready, to the design being changed so many times and with no clear direction that was impossible to make content, to the dreaded "it doesn't match my vision" from Adam which means "your past month of work guessed wrong what I like, try again" from spending a lot of time doing other tasks that weren't devolved toward the issue of the actual game.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
How the hell are you so stupid to think "let along" is an actual phrase? It's not even his normal typos, he wrote that multiple times between the title and the post.
I think he means let alone. Also it is Slayven with a 6 month keyboard so anything is possible.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Jason is quite unpleasant as a person, but his reputation as a journalist is essentially flawless. He has consistently cast a light on industry malpractice, and people in leadership positions don't like when their employees have a trusted source they can confide in. Remember when this Redditor posted about CDPR in October, after CDPR's bullshit PR about why the game was delayed?

So many people here, on Reddit, etc were in complete denial. Called him a liar, claimed he was larping, tried to pick holes in his story. Jason contacted them, came back, and said, "They're legit." If Jason says someone is legit, they're legit. And it was no surprise when everything in this post was absolutely on the mark. CDPR management was lying about the game pretty much non-stop since 2018. Jason's unpalatable personality has no bearing on his quality as a journalist. He has an essentially flawless track record in that regard. Being constantly right means that people trust him with their stories because they know their stories will be taken seriously. Do I wish he was nicer? Do I wish he'd quit Era? Sure.
Hi, CDP developer here.
Not only this conversation never happened, but this is just the last in a long list of very toxic behavior from the upper management toward us developers.

First of all, I can confirm this conversation never happened, if anything the developers have been crunching no-stop since May 2019, where the management was like "oh shit we need to make the game, we must hurry", mind that we were barely out of alpha at that point and even though most developed pointed out that was impossible to do the whole game ALMOST from scratch in one year.

If anything, people have been dreading the inevitable 2 year death march since long before the crunch started because they know it's just how CDP rolls, dick around in pre prod for ages and then rush everyone and work devs to the bone to make up for the time lost, and none of them was looking forward to it.

We asked "what's the plan if we can't deliver in the set deadline" and up until December the answer from management was "we have to, there is no plan B", so here you go, first year of crunch there, of course, first a 2 month delay and then another 6 months of delay, and - to give a picture of how low is the level of communication between the management and developers - we found out both times ON TWITTER and other social that the game was being delayed, with a mail from Adam following few hours later.

Same happened with the Gold release, and any other announcement since June 2019.

People getting riled up right now about the crunch, just so you know, many people have been spending the week ends in the office and doing 16 hours per day pretty much since June 2019, some departments even as far as a year earlier.
Every time this was addressed you'd get the usual copy paste spiel about "we are fueled by passion, we are rebels, this is not for everyone and other such copy-paste slogans" which was a cool way to say "We have no idea what we are doing but we have infinite cash and we fix everything with more crunch"

Conversations end up mostly like this, the management saying that everything is great and cool and we have to believe in the project, our questions and doubts being brushed aside.

At the end of the day feels like CDP management is completely detached from the reality of us developers.

And this is only a brief summary of the issues pertaining crunch, there is much more that could be said, but I believe that other issues could be resolved internally over time as the studio grows, this however is not something that I think can be ever resolved for a simple reason.

That directors and leads in Warasaw are the people that did this shit for W3, are the people that survived that hell and are ok with it. And the management simply doesn't care.

After all most developers get a yearly bonus that is a pittance, while the upper heads rack up hundreds of thousands of zloty in bonuses. (in euro / dollar they get A LOT still) so eveything is fine.

And probably this is what makes it preposterous, no one in the studio benefits or cares to release earlier, many people just want to do their job, get paid and possibly not have to sleep in the studio (which happened, and not scarcely, especially in Warsaw).
The people that want the product OUT asap are the board and the marketing directors, and they don't give a flying fuck about the work balance.

I mean, they even changed the crunch allowance to Uber (from Przysne, a polish delivery service) because it doesn't ship for free so you're discouraged from ordering too much.

Day 1 patch is most likely going to be quite massive, the game was rushed and the announcement of "gold" came as a surprise for most of the team.

It is unlikely the game will be 100% done and polished even including the day 1 patch. The game would easily need at least 4-5 more months of work - counting crunch

The technology behind the game is not bad actually the rendering and engine lighting teams did a great job and the visual quality is quite high, although the RedEngine is a bit mangled the game is not terrible - technically speaking - but it could have used more time to be properly shipped.

It's a lot of things, from work being scrapped after being done almost production-ready, to the design being changed so many times and with no clear direction that was impossible to make content, to the dreaded "it doesn't match my vision" from Adam which means "your past month of work guessed wrong what I like, try again" from spending a lot of time doing other tasks that weren't devolved toward the issue of the actual game.
I doubt there is one person in the business that isn't disgusted with Jason the person. While he is more competent than other game journalists by actually trying to be a journalist but we know he would never be viewed as a real journalist

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Jason is basically the same as Kyuu and the other shit stirrers, except he has a giant platform. that's why i hate him with a passion. motherfucker is actively fanning the flames with gossipy industry bullshit.

Last edited:
I doubt there is one person in the business that isn't disgusted with Jason the person. While he is more competent than other game journalists by actually trying to be a journalist but we know he would never be viewed as a real journalist
He is the very definition of a real journalist. His exposes are consistently excellent, and corrupt studio bosses hate him because he keeps making them look bad. And gamers hate him because he tells them things they don't want to hear or think about. Like when he said that No Man's Sky was going to be delayed, and fanboys went ballistic at HIM for some enigmatic reason.

cormack12

Gold Member
Shit is really popping off now!

It is Nepenthe (white babies must die) vs. Hexe (KetKat alt)

BlackEra vs. TransEra

Holy shit. A spine has entered the discussion. I can respect that post even though its a Nep post. One of the few I think is a genuine post and not overly racial for the same of performance art.

It's clear where the issue on era is. Its not 'transera', its the small amount of horrible, manipulative assholes that are in transera. That have sway over the mods.

kyussman

Fuck me...some of those narcissistic halfwits are really on a role with those War and Peace sized posts right now.
.....guess what....if I'm gonna read that many words all at once then it's going to need to be about something a bit more important than how shitty your shitty life is on the shitty forum that is Resetera,lol.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
He is the very definition of a real journalist. His exposes are consistently excellent, and corrupt studio bosses hate him because he keeps making them look bad. And gamers hate him because he tells them things they don't want to hear or think about. Like when he said that No Man's Sky was going to be delayed, and fanboys went ballistic at HIM for some enigmatic reason.
I'd disagree with real journalist. Being better than shills by trying some actual semblance of journalism is more an indictment on the poor level of everyone else than praise of his style. His writing is not on a level with broadsheet writers. Agree to disagree.

I don't agree with death threats either. But that is something that is beyond anyone's control. Even games reviewers get called out for positive reviews because its not positive enough (see Cyberpunk and the reviewer who had seizures, she still gave a positive review).

Some miserable mod on resetera opined:

"My action plans are still in play. Next staff meeting we will be going over them. Anyone is still free to give us tangible ideas and solutions, such as the one about official site communication never- EVER- being fucking conducted on Discord again unless extreme circumstances regarding privacy warrant it (and in such case, everything will still be logged). Let’s just pull up our pants and get to work."

This is what it would sound like if you combined
6rk3Vim.jpg

with

OiQbyec.jpg

What is wrong with that RobinGaming video that's pissing them off so much? He didn't complain about the fact that there's gay characters in the game. He was critiquing how Naughty Dog handled the reaction to them and how they don't cater to their audience as much as they should so they could publicize their politics.

I find it quite sad how you belittle real journalism. Lots of journalists risk their lives everyday in order to bring REAL stories that impact people and expose suffering. Jason basically spends all his time fishing for disgruntled employees (vast majority of which are jilted ex-employees) in order to share some gossip with him, so he can do and publicize that and make a story out of it. There's nothing particularly meaningful, important, or impactful about any of his stories. He's neither balanced nor objective. He gets one angle of a story, and pushes that as hard as he can to fan the flames. Then he goes on twitter and acts like a petty shit, smugly insulting people and instantly blocking anyone who even shows the mildest disagreement with him.

Wow, he broke that a game will be delayed? Who gives a shit. His "reporting" doesn't help anyone, it just generates more toxicity. Especially for the developers he pretends he's helping. Finding disgruntled employees that will vent to you in order to shit on their current or previous workplaces isn't that tough. It's just that most people don't have the frankly, rotten personality to focus on and indulge in that. Jason does, which is what makes him unique. You only need to have a single interaction with him, in which you don't utterly worship him, to see what a rotten person he is. He reported about CDPR crunch? Shocking. Crunch is present to some extent in every SINGLE AAA project. It doesn't mean that a majority or even significant percentage of employees are working against their will.

Jason takes the words and opinion of a single person, who typically didn't even work on the project that he wants to shit on, and extrapolates that in order to pretend its the sentiment of hundreds of people at the company. He shares a twisted, least charitable version of company culture and environment, based on an extremely limited and subjective data point. How is that good for anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom