• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrokats

Banned
Locked right away.

Imagine actually paying money for ResetEra shares.

White trans women telling the black community what they need to do and what's best for them... Wow.
ShorttermThornyFlycatcher-size_restricted.gif

Cerium buying the shares is actually hilarious. I remember in 2017, a lot of people were concerned about having a single owner again in case an "Evilore situation" happened. An LLC with multiple owners was supposedly put in place to assuage those fears (Blam can correct me here if I'm wrong). The other members being able to be bought out COMPLETELY misses the point, which is amazing not only that it happened, but that he admitted it. Literally their biggest preliminary concern was a monopoly over ownership, and it happened with little to no fanfare.

I knew it was only a matter of time before they started bitching about this ad. I don't see the problem with it. It's ridiculous what gets people up in arms these days:

Not offensive or "problematic" but fucking hell this advert is so far up it's own ass, it's probably smelling it's own shit before going to the toilet.

-GASP!- An "Insert product brand name here!"

-Watches video of herself v-log biking with her husband who lives in the same house with her and probably sees it all the time-

"A year ago, I didn't realise how much this product would change my life!" she says, looking identical to the start of the advert.

-Cue generic inspirational pop lyrics-

There is such a thing as hyping your product up too much in such a fake and cheesy way that it makes you look really fucking egotistical, and this ad certaintly hits that threshold.

KXigMoO.png

And of course comments are disabled, people were probably making fun of the ad!

Last edited:

benjipwns

Banned
Cerium buying the shares is actually hilarious. I remember in 2017, a lot of people were concerned about having a single owner again in case an "Evilore situation" happened. An LLC with multiple owners was supposedly put in place to assuage those fears (Blam can correct me here if I'm wrong). The other members being able to be bought out COMPLETELY misses the point, which is amazing not only that it happened, but that he admitted it. Literally their biggest preliminary concern was a monopoly over ownership, and it happened with little to no fanfare.
They were going to reinvent the way moderation is done and potentially pay the mods too. All with no ads!

nush

White trans women telling the black community what they need to do and what's best for them... Wow.

It's worse that that, I think the issue is trans members claiming they have a harder and more persecuted existence than black people. Then black members getting banned when they tell the quite rightly to STFU (Oh the transphobia!)

As I have memed, so it shall come to pass.

1OhVVHL.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who was that asshole on Resetera who was bragging (paraphrased)..... "Well, if GAF goes down, EviLore goes down too because it's a personal business and he's the only guy in charge"

Looks like Reeeee has Cerium as solely in charge too.

I think both places are incorporated preventing personal liability (I think).

Kev Kev

Dude, that thread about the rapper who doesn’t want to perform for white people is insane. Literally anyone and everyone even hinting at making an argument against it is getting banned for months, or permanent.

Despite the fact that what the rapper said sounds pretty fucking racist to me.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's worse that that, I think the issue is trans members claiming they have a harder and more persecuted existence than black people. Then black members getting banned when they tell the quite rightly to STFU (Oh the transphobia!)

As I have memed, so it shall come to pass.

1OhVVHL.jpg
He made a decision. Here it is.
sit-on-your-hands-BM7GD7.jpg

T28o9Qs.png

itshappening.gif
LMAO imagine how much the mods are regretting their decision to unban this crybaby. Every post I see he's bitching about something.

Dude, that thread about the rapper who doesn’t want to perform for white people is insane. Literally anyone and everyone even hinting at making an argument against it is getting banned for months, or permanent.

It's racist. A lot of users over there are racist, but because its against white people they think its somehow okay.

Last edited:

RevengeOfToonces

Neo Member

I was just reading that one too. Yeah, it's a good one. :messenger_savoring:

Then quit, you grandstanding goofy white hating bitch lol. I never even heard of her.

Seems like she should ban white people from her shows. If she only wants minority attention, she should be prepared to make a lot less money, though. Still, if she has convictions that her music is not for white people, then she should stick to them.

Yes! Ban white people! Set that precedent!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whats this about?
What people have expected for years.

It's a case of Oppression Olympics. A battle between different groups claiming to be disowned from society, who are all seeking to climb the ladder fastest by stepping on other down and out people.

When there's nothing to grab, every angry mob member locks arms in a tight chain.

The second authority tosses a shiny dime on the sidewalk, the chain breaks and everyone makes a mad dash to grab a piece of metal equivalent to 10 pennies.

Last edited:

SNPlayen

What people have expected for years.

It's a case of Oppression Olympics. A battle between different groups claiming to be disowned from society, who are all seeking to climb the ladder fastest by stepping on other down and out people.

When there's nothing to grab, every angry mob member locks arms in a tight chain.

The second authority tosses a shiny dime on the sidewalk, the chain breaks and everyone makes a mad dash to grab a piece of metal equivalent to 10 pennies.
I mean what is the specific context / link to feistypants post? Is it the rapper thread?
EDIT: Dont worry found it. All hands on deck!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Slayven gotta be trolling people... He's seriously saying that a concert or live performance you sell tickets to should be a safe place to which the artist can retreat in order to be with her own kind?

Last edited by a moderator:

SNPlayen

Imagine being a country star and going to Africa and saying I only want a white audience? I know... banned for false equivalency!

To be fair I don’t think the black community on era were complaining until the trans community started pretending they had it worse and made a ton of condescending comments about how gay and trans people have it bad black people are accepted.

it also doesn’t help that historically gay and trans communities have been just as racist if not more racist than general communities when it comes to anti black discrimination.

When black people say “hey I’ve literally been pulled over for doing nothing, lost jobs for no reason, at least if you’re gay you don’t really face discrimination just walking down thre street” they act like you are trying to closet them and ban the member saying it and say “black people claiming oppression olympics!!”

ManaByte

Gold Member
To be fair I don’t think the black community on era were complaining until the trans community started pretending they had it worse and made a ton of condescending comments about how gay and trans people have it bad black people are accepted.

it also doesn’t help that historically gay and trans communities have been just as racist if not more racist than general communities when it comes to anti black discrimination.

When black people say “hey I’ve literally been pulled over for doing nothing, lost jobs for no reason, at least if you’re gay you don’t really face discrimination just walking down thre street” they act like you are trying to closet them and ban the member saying it and say “black people claiming oppression olympics!!”

giphy.gif

Kev Kev

Imagine being a country star and going to Africa and saying I only want a white audience? I know... banned for false equivalency!

That seems to be a favorite over there, no matter how valid a comparison it is, mods be like “FALSE EQUIVALENCY!!! AH’BANNED BITCH MWAHAHAHAHAH EAT MY SOCIALLY JUSTICY LOAD YOU RACIST NAZI SCUM!!”

Lol just fucking wow man.

How will the ship finish sinking indeed...

dottme

This topic is gold. At least, if anyone was having doubt about their racism, it should be clear by now.

edit:
archive http://web.archive.org/web/20191205...’t-perform-for-mostly-white-audiences.157059/

Last edited:

Handel

I'm actually really liking that K.Jack moderator in the thread, haven't seen him post before. Is he one of the newly promoted?

Ten_Fold

The thread about the rapper is funny, most concerts are filled with mostly white people, I'm not white but I do understand they are the main ones who could afford to go to everything. It seems resetera hates, white people, and anyone who isn't gay or trans. Not my type of fourm.

JordanN

Banned
I'm on mobile but I'm already on the 2nd page of the rap thread and several users already called for "banning white people".

I still find it hard to believe this is the current state of the U.S and Canada. Everything is happening so fast, yet everyone around me just pretends to ignore all these problems.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

To be fair, era trans people get pulled over for being too ugly.

JordanN

Banned
Also, who wants to bet Resetera is too cowardish to apply their same logic for rap concerts with that of politics?

Look at the democratic primaries right now and only white candidates are left. If Warren drops out, then it would make the 2020 election white men only, yet Resetera would never call for a boycott.

GymWolf

Gold Member
RacistEra strikes again.
What the fuck is this shit? So you make money thanks to your fans but they are too white for your taste???

And people defend this shit?

I hope she finish on the street sucking giant black dick for 5 dollars, maybe she will be happy with a mostly black clientele...

And people in my city work 12 hours a day for 600 euros\dollars without seeing their family all day and too destroyed from work to do anything else during free time...

I fucking hate this type of shit...

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Also, who wants to bet Resetera is too cowardish to apply their same logic for rap concerts with that of politics?

Look at the democratic primaries right now and only white candidates are left. If Warren drops out, then it would make the 2020 election white men only, yet Resetera would never call for a boycott.

People on the internet announcing they boycot something is always hilarious to me. I bet 84% of them still buy the thing.

MilkyJoe

Locked right away.

The guy that locked it and claims to be the owner is also the guy that defended and hid pedophiles when Celine D Sykes outed their pedo discord

As an incentive to read it all, I'm putting a quick summary of the problem : Basically, I found some pedo-minded people and pedo-apologists on one of Resetera's most important and most secretive Discord Server. I went directly to Cerium - Resetera's owner - and not only did he do nothing about it, but he defended them and blocked me when I confronted him about it. Those pedo are still active in Resetera as we speak, nothing was done against them by Resetera's staff.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Slayven gotta be trolling people... He's seriously saying that a concert or live performance you sell tickets to should be a safe place to which the artist can retreat in order to be with her own kind?

I got a feeling he's never seen a GG Allin gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom