• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Xbox (Not Actually) Confirmed

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Capcom mentioned the possibility of this game coming to Xbox. Obviously Spong picked up on this and posted this made up news story on their site. If an Xbox version does get announced they will claim that they were right and people are wrong for doubting them and if it doesn't get announced... well, then it will just be business as usual for Spong. Seriously, people should know better than to post stuff from Spong by now.

maskrider

I'd rather Capcom release a PC version, then should I say.

"Sell your consoles, it's all over."

The cubies are still so pissed. Seems like RE4 is the only game that everyone should play.

:D

SantaC

maskrider said:
I'd rather Capcom release a PC version, then should I say.

"Sell your consoles, it's all over."

The cubies are still so pissed. Seems like RE4 is the only game that everyone should play.

:D

I remember you slammed RE4 with tank controls and other stuff, so I guess it doesn't matter for you.

Project Midway said:
Capcom Five! MEGATON!! :lol who else remembers those good old times? :lol

1 gets canned, 1 turns out bad and the other 3 get ported.

For the growth of the gaming industry.
For GameCube.

maskrider

SantaCruZer said:
I remember you slammed RE4 with tank controls and other stuff, so I guess it doesn't matter for you.

Not just RE4, I said ALL REs have tank controls, but I played them. Heh ! Your memory have CRC error.

It always make me wonder why you are so pissed when someone (who play RE since the first RE on PS) think the controls is always shit.

SantaC

maskrider said:
Not just RE4, I said ALL REs have tank controls, but I played them. Heh ! Your memory have CRC error.

Ok all REs, including RE4, so what's the difference? Imagine your so called tank controls on the PC
laugh.gif

maskrider

SantaCruZer said:
Ok all REs, including RE4, so what's the difference? Imagine your so called tank controls on the PC
laugh.gif

Ok again (you replied before I save my edit)

It always make me wonder why you are so pissed when someone (who play RE since the first RE on PS) think the controls are always shit. But that doesn't make me stop playing them although I will still complain if I want to.

SantaC

maskrider said:
Ok again (you replied before I save my edit)

It always make me wonder why you are so pissed when someone (who play RE since the first RE on PS) think the controls is always shit.

Because they are atleast improved in RE4. Type C in REmake was also ok. RE0 was shit.

I am not saying they are top notch though. But I can get used to them.

maskrider

SantaCruZer said:
Because they are atleast improved in RE4. Type C in REmake was also ok. RE0 was shit.

I am not saying they are top notch though. But I can get used to them.

Yeah, so what. Still bad. Get used to them is one thing, as I have said so many times already. You can always get used to any controls if you have to. But that doesn't make it not shit.

Why you said you are tired about people talking about the controls but you are always the one to bring it up ?

I like the RE series, but I am not a hard-core fan, to be exact, I don't want to miss their releases and that makes me a RE buying fan than a RE playing (let alone finishing) fan.

Out of all the REs that I have, I have only finished the first RE.

I've got a feeling Spong are gonna be pissing off a lot of people. Unless.

Unless we see a press release in the next few weeks like the PS2 one.

you guys think that if RE4 is heading to xboxen; MS wouldn't have trumped it to hell and back by now? Every page in this thread needs a drunk chap.

Drunk%201Ls.jpg

COCKLES

being watched
RE4 would easily sell double on Xbox what it would on GC.

About time Capcom executives slapped down Mikami and got him to play the team game.

It's clear the Gamecube is responsible for the fall of a once mighty publisher.

cubemissile.gif

Firest0rm

COCKLES said:

About time Capcom executives slapped down Mikami and got him to play the team game.

cubemissile.gif

Yea, that publisher is Nintendo. The only games that exceeded expectations from Capcom were GC games.

SantaC

COCKLES said:

You sir are forgetting Japan. Biohazard was on famitsu readers top 5 wanted games before it was announced that it will hit PS2.

I can see that BH4 can do up to 800,000 - 900,000 in Japan on gamecube. Xbox japan's numbers wouldn't even be close that.

In US RE4 xbox would outsell Gamecube, but worldwide is doubtful.

So your statement that GC is responsible for a mighty publishers fall is nothing but speculation.

SantaCruZer said:
You sir are forgetting Japan. Biohazard was on famitsu readers top 5 wanted games before it was announced that it will hit PS2.

I can see that BH4 can do up to 800,000 - 900,000 in Japan on gamecube. Xbox japan's numbers wouldn't even be close that.

In US RE4 xbox would outsell Gamecube, but worldwide is doubtful.

So your statement that GC is responsible for a mighty publishers fall is nothing but speculation.

The highest selling 3rd party title in Japan is REO at just under 400k. You think RE4, which is multiplatform, is going to be able to double that figure?

SantaC

SolidSnakex said:
The highest selling 3rd party title in Japan is REO at just under 400k. You think RE4, which is multiplatform, is going to be able to double that figure?

Yes. RE0 wasn't hyped like RE4 is. BH4 is not only hyped in the western countries, but in Japan as well.

Also I have to say that RE0 wasn't a great game. It wasn't scary at all, and they removed type c control. It was dull.

Deku Tree

People should be forced to tag up the word "SPONG" (all in caps just like that) in their topic titles when reporting news from this site, especially if they are going to use the word "confirmed".

Miburou

No way was RE4 going to sell anything over 500K on GC in Japan. Now even that figure sounds doubtful.

Aside from SSBM, no GC game has broken the million barrier in Japan. Why would RE4 do any better? RE3 did 1.35M on PS1, and that's when the series was still extremely popular.

SantaC

ok SSX. Let's see who is right. I say 600,000k and over for RE4 GC sales in Japan, and you say under?

What's the most popular GC game in Japan and how much did it sell?
I think it could come close to whatever that is.

It's going to have all the pomp of a first party title I think.

SantaC

radioheadrule83 said:
What's the most popular GC game in Japan and how much did it sell?
I think it could come close to whatever that is.

SSBM around 1.3-1.4 million. Then it's Mario party 4 around 900k to 1 million.

Joe

just a week ago resident evil 4 was the precious, gamecube exclusive game.

it is offially a dirty, multi-console whore.

lexi

Banned
Gamespot said:
one member called RuneLateralus--a self-described "computer animation student and video game addict"--mentioned Metroid and Zelda as her favorite video games.

RuneLateralus is actually a guy, nice fact checking Gamespot!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Spong is fucking useless. They post so many false news stories they shouldn't be aloud to report on any news at all. The whole point on reporting news is if you know it is true.

If it is confirmed true, good for xbots.

eXxy said:
if spong turns out to be wrong on this one, can we agree to ban spong posts in the future?

YES PLEASE.

Ranger X

Was there a PS2 owner crying after they knew Grand Theft was coming on the Xbox something like a year after? OMG!!!
Nbots really are TEH crybabies????

Please someone name me ONE exclusive third party title this gen that was really popular and that didn't jump ships after it's exclusivity deal ends.

Wyzdom said:
Was there a PS2 owner crying after they knew Grand Theft was coming on the Xbox something like a year after? OMG!!!
Nbots really are TEH crybabies????

It's not just nbots. Its are rare occasion when ANYONE on this board isn't moaning about something. *gasp* I'm moaning right now!

Top Bottom