• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Xbox (Not Actually) Confirmed

SantaC

Wyzdom said:
Was there a PS2 owner crying after they knew Grand Theft was coming on the Xbox something like a year after? OMG!!!
Nbots really are TEH crybabies????

Please someone name me ONE exclusive third party title this gen that was really popular and that didn't jump ships after it's exclusivity deal ends.

maybe GTA was announced for xbxo after it was released? Plus that gamecube rarley have any 3rd party exclusives like the other consoles.

"At the annual games industry drinking competition that is the Golden Joystick Awards, held last night in fashionable London town, someone after perhaps a few too many shandies let slip to SPOnG that Resident Evil 4, the former GameCube exclusive, will be making its way to Xbox following the revelation last week that a PlayStation 2 version is underway."

LOL!!!!!!1

Cube biased lamers am cry. And I myself as a neutral multi gamer would just find it cool if true, so I can play it on Cube in a few months, enjoy it for sure and then sell it at some point to get a possibly more complete and prettier Xbox version. It's not a series I collect, so I don't care which console emblem is on the cover.

SantaC

Guns N' Poops said:
Cube biased lamers am cry. And I myself as a neutral multi gamer would just find it cool if true, so I can play it on Cube in a few months, enjoy it for sure and then sell it at some point to get a possibly more complete and prettier Xbox version. It's not a series I collect, so I don't care which console emblem is on the cover.

please, the game is built for gamecube. It's going to be a port to xbox and look identical. You neutral? Let me laugh.
laugh.gif

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
okay, it is official.

IF SPONG IS INCORRECT ABOUT THIS RUMOR DURING THE TIME FRAME MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD - 1 to 2 weeks - THERE WILL BE NO MORE SPONG LINKS EXCEPT FOR MOCKERY VALUE

snapty00

Banned
eXxy said:
okay, it is official.

IF SPONG IS INCORRECT ABOUT THIS RUMOR DURING THE TIME FRAME MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD - 1 to 2 weeks - THERE WILL BE NO MORE SPONG LINKS EXCEPT FOR MOCKERY VALUE
I think it's been that way for a while, actually. Even in this thread, he says "at least according to Spong." We all know what that means. :lol

Ranger X

Santa, just ask yourself again what does it change to you really to know it's coming on another console right now or right after you buy your GC version... lol
How come you guys can't get over it? It's so ridiculous.
It could have been worse like; You're a GC and PS2 or Xbox owner, you buy RE4 GC and AFTER you hear there will be another version coming and the extras does interest you enough to buy it. You screwed.

How can people be SENSITIVE over an announcement that indicate an exclusivity between 2 business entities as ended WHILE IT DOES NOT INFLUENCE NOTHING for them? If the game was canceled and release on the PS2 instead you will commit suicide or something? lol

SantaCruZer said:
please, the game is built for gamecube. It's going to be a port to xbox and look identical. You neutral? Let me laugh.
laugh.gif

So what? Months ago they said it wasn't possible on the PS2. The game engine might be not even that hard to port, as the game itself bases more on the sheer polycount than wicked textures. I don't say it would be much prettier on the Xbox, but I don't see why they couldn't push the texture quality a little bit, at least. Besides that I said "a POSSIBLY prettier".
Fuck off, offensive Nintendrone tool. Didn't you say you have other consoles than the Cube? So why do you concern so much around teh Nintendo, shithead? Biased piece of fanboyish something...

SantaC

Wyzdom said:
Santa, just ask yourself again what does it change to you really to know it's coming on another console right now or right after you buy your GC version... lol
How come you guys can't get over it? It's so ridiculous.
It could have been worse like; You're a GC and PS2 or Xbox owner, you buy RE4 GC and AFTER you hear there will be another version coming and the extras does interest you enough to buy it. You screwed.

How can people be SENSITIVE over an announcement that indicate an exclusivity between 2 business entities as ended WHILE IT DOES NOT INFLUENCE NOTHING for them? If the game was canceled and release on the PS2 instead you will commit suicide or something? lol

hmm ok sorry, but it's fun argueing and I doesn't use foul language and personal attacks. So I guess it's ok. I will stop if that's so.

So what? Months ago they said it wasn't possible on the PS2. The game engine might be not even that hard to port, as the game itself bases more on the sheer polycount than wicked textures. I don't say it would be much prettier on the Xbox, but I don't see why they couldn't push the texture quality a little bit, at least. Besides that I said "a POSSIBLY prettier".
Fuck off, offensive Nintendrone tool. Didn't you say you have other consoles than the Cube? So why do you concern so much around teh Nintendo, shithead? Biased piece of fanboyish something...

ok sorry, but you are the offensive one here...

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
As we share similar views about a certain company I support spong 100% in their business.

So the next question is: Where's the Nintendo difference now?

8bit

Knows the Score
eXxy said:
okay, it is official.

I think that's a bit unfair. Spong called the 2 player mode in GTA, and they don't get any real props for that.

If you're going to ban any mention of Spong, then I hope you also ban any mention of the Brazilian.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
8bit said:
I think that's a bit unfair. Spong called the 2 player mode in GTA, and they don't get any real props for that.

If you're going to ban any mention of Spong, then I hope you also ban any mention of the Brazilian.

The brazilian is comic relief.

SPONG IS A FUCKING NEWS SITE and they still post false information. Big difference.

COCKLES

being watched
bishoptl said:
For God's sake, Cockles :lol :lol

(Puts on Pimp Hat)

(Lights up a Cuban)

(Swigs some Tequila)

GTA SA on XBOX in future - CHECK!
Resident Evil 4 on XBOX in future - CHECK!
Halo 2 on any system but XBOX - DENIED!

:D

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
8bit said:
Spong called the 2 player mode in GTA, and they don't get any real props for that.
They're bound to get something right every once in a while but that doesn't really change the fact that Spong is a site that posts made up information.

DarkCloud

If this turns out to be true +1 Xbox RE4 sale here. I can wait a year to purchase it (rent the GC version if I MUST play it before then)...

DD5.1, HDD saving, no disc swapping, potential graphical improvements (lighting, shadowing, higher poly models, improved textures), better controller for this kind of game (IMO), and the inevitable extras that the PS2/Xbox version will get in their version for the 1 year delay make it an easy choice for me.

Wonder how long Capcom will wait till they announce some form of quick ports of the rest of the series to the PS2 and Xbox... REmake (with the straight ports of RE2 & 3 included) and RE0 (Code Veronica included) for 30$ each would be a nice package set to lead into RE4 in December.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
If RE4 is ported to Xbox I sincerely doubt that Capcom is going to redo the art assets.

COCKLES said:
GTA SA on XBOX in future - CHECK!
Resident Evil 4 on XBOX in future - CHECK!
Halo 2 on any system but XBOX DENIED!

Constant delays for exclusives on XBOX - CHECK!
Sitting on your thumbs waiting for sloppy seconds from other consoles - CHECK!
Watching as projects get cancelled or moved to Xenon - CHECK!

For endless hype with little substance, there is no power greater than X. :p

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Prine said:
:lol

Awesome news if true. I'll wait for comfirmation. But if is, no more GC version for me

You're honestly going to wait a year for the game if this is true? That's fucking pathetic.

Oh great! Now it's the PS2 fanboys turn to throw a hissy :p

I'm still getting the GC version and then will 'upgrade' to the xbox version for $20 much later on down the line.

Yipee

human5892

Queen of Denmark
eXxy said:
okay, it is official.

This is a fantastic idea.

Vibri

Banned
Actually I do have it on fairly good authority that RE4 is also coming for Xbox. That rumor has been floating around for weeks now.

However: even if it turns out to be true it doesn't change the barrel-scraping nature of the online abortion that is spong.

Prine

Banned
deadlifter said:
You're honestly going to wait a year for the game if this is true? That's fucking pathetic.

Hell no, if theres no confirmation this year, GC version all the way

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Vibri said:
Actually I do have it on fairly good authority that RE4 is also coming for Xbox. That rumor has been floating around for weeks now.

However: even if it turns out to be true it doesn't change the barrel-scraping nature of the online abortion that is spong.

I say we change the spong rule to the next time spong posts a bogus story, they are no longer allowed to be cited as a news source here.

It's a win win situation :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
eXxy said:
okay, it is official.

Can we even the bet by making future spong bashing a bannable offense if they are proved right? Like they were about Outrun 2s secret tracks...and GTA:SA's multiplayer modes

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Ghost said:
Can we even the bet by making future spong bashing a bannable offense if they are proved right? Like they were about Outrun 2s secret tracks...and GTA:SA's multiplayer modes
Boo-urns.

They'd have to be right like ten million times to even out their reputation.

Deg

Banned
Ghost said:

they certainly werent the first. Alot of people forget other sources.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Deg said:
they certainly werent the first. Alot of people forget other sources.

They were definitely the first for GTA:SA, and they had the first screenshots of the Outrun 2 tracks.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ghost said:
They were definitely the first for GTA:SA, and they had the first screenshots of the Outrun 2 tracks.

That doesn't change the fact that they were wrong many other times. What's the point of a news site if you can't trust their credibility?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Them being wrong in the past doesnt make them wrong now, which is why if they are proved right this time spong trolling should become a bannable offense until they misreport something again.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ghost said:
Them being wrong in the past doesnt make them wrong now, which is why if they are proved right this time spong trolling should become a bannable offense until they misreport something again.

You cannot just forget about them being wrong in the past, though. Even if they are right this time it won't change the fact they were wrong so many times before. Plus spong trolling is one of the best parts of this forum :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
No its not, it was fun when they were actually reporting bollocks, now its just tired and old. The way i see it is, you (as spong trollers) have been owned twice now (outrun 2 and GTA:SA) this would make 3 times therefore you should be out.

Firest0rm

Ghost said:
No its not, it was fun when they were actually reporting bollocks, now its just tired and old. The way i see it is, you (as spong trollers) have been owned twice now (outrun 2 and GTA:SA) this would make 3 times therefore you should be out.

What? It hasn't been confirmed yet, so what are you talking about?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ghost said:

That doesn't make any sense. Just because a news site is successful at reporting news twice, we have been owned. That's fucking hilarious :lol

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
this would make 3 times.

the other 2 times i take it you understood.

People got banned for claiming gamespot was biased constantly, this is just as annoying as that.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ghost said:
this would make 3 times.

the other 2 times i take it you understood.

People got banned for claiming gamespot was biased constantly, this is just as annoying as that.

Whatever, you seem to be the only person with this opinion.

Top Bottom