• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

nOoblet16

Played 2 chapters of Chris'and Leon's story and I'm confused.
Chris runs out of bullets far too easily compared to Leon, and sometimes it can take quite some time to stock up on bullets...this is completely opposite to how it should be lol

But anyways I'm loving this game so far. Like Leon's story but Team Chris for life !

Replicant

Now for Jake's campaign.

Btw is there more on Jake's thoughts regarding Albert Wesker?
I didn't get much satisfaction as I was hoping we'd see more of a discussion between Jake and Chris on daddy.

Not really but it's obvious from his convo with Sherry that
he's not fond of his father and swear off to not become like him. It'll be interesting if Capcom brings back Alex Wesker in the next instalment because then we'll see how divergent his opinion on Wesker in comparison to Jake's.

Replicant

Is there an easy way to kill the
fat dudes
or are they just damage sponges?

Their legs are their weakness. Shoot it and he will crumble unable to support the weight of his body. His back is also vulnerable IIRC but it's definitely the legs that are their weaknesses.

I'm reading the comments about this game is it that bad ?

as a RE4 and REmake, RE2 , RE:CV fan should I even bother ?

Rent and play it yourself and form your own opinion.

masterkajo

Aww... I am at Jake's second chapter and have a question regarding the last part:
When you have to sneak past the big guy with the drill and the bugs there is a part where you get some skill points in a chest by climbing up a ladder (before you jump down to move the big container). You can then decide to explore that area a bit more and you find another bug and the big guy slowly walking around. I once managed to get really far in before he noticed me and seemed to notice a chest at the end of that room. Is it possible to get that chest without him noticing you and if so how?

Dartastic

Aww... I am at Jake's second chapter and have a question regarding the last part:
When you have to sneak past the big guy with the drill and the bugs there is a part where you get some skill points by climbing up a ladder (before you jump down to move the big container). You can then decide to explore that area a bit more and you find another bug and the big guy walking around slowly. I once managed to get really far in before he noticed me and seem to find a chest at the end of that room. Is it possible to get that chest without him noticing you and if so how?
It is possible to kill the bugs and then book it back to cover. That's what I did, and it made stuff really easy.

So far I'm doing Leon's campaign and I am really enjoying it so far. Reminds me of RE4's atmosphere which is a great thing to me. Finally gotten used to the controls and the game is still quite difficult. I haven't done the other campaigns yet asides from the demo, but I am not understanding the DEEP hate for this game. It is a departure from the old games admittedly, but so far it is more "horror" than RE5 ever was and overall it still seems to be a very solid "action" game. Yeah, there are problems(cover system is bad so far), but a 4.5 and a 3???? That's a joke. I still think these so called "professional" reviewers are way too hard on Japanese games.

tassletine

This might have been mentioned before, but I think due to the negative reviews I think that more than a few people might be turning to ZombieU to get their console zombie fix this year. That includes people who have decided not to play the game, and people who got bored halfway through. That's if that game is any good of course.

Bollocks

What's up with the coop difficulty setting?
Why do I unlock medals in the Normal column even though the host set it to Veteran and his medals show up in the Veteran column.
I got robbed!

nOoblet16

So far I'm doing Leon's campaign and I am really enjoying it so far. Reminds me of RE4's atmosphere which is a great thing to me. Finally gotten used to the controls and the game is still quite difficult. I haven't done the other campaigns yet asides from the demo, but I am not understanding the DEEP hate for this game. It is a departure from the old games admittedly, but so far it is more "horror" than RE5 ever was and overall it still seems to be a very solid "action" game. Yeah, there are problems(cover system is bad so far), but a 4.5 and a 3???? That's a joke. I still think these so called "professional" reviewers are way too hard on Japanese games.

Yea even I don't understand.
This game is NO WHERE near a 3-4 score, it's easily a 7+ game, just based on the gameplay alone, add in high production values and an interesting plot and it goes 8+ easily. It's also far more tense, even Chris' chapters have tense encounters and also
I actually felt for his team members, which is quite unlike most games where team member get killed and the game tries every bit possible to make you feel bad about it but it doesn't happens because there's no build up for that character, here they build it up pretty well.

Synless

There are actually lots of reused assets if you're looking for them.
The first thing I noticed in the first chapter was a floor texture that was originally used in RE5 in one room when you see a guy get a las plagas shoved down his throat.

masterkajo

When you have to sneak past the big guy with the drill and the bugs there is a part where you get some skill points in a chest by climbing up a ladder (before you jump down to move the big container). You can then decide to explore that area a bit more and you find another bug and the big guy slowly walking around. I once managed to get really far in before he noticed me and seemed to notice a chest at the end of that room. Is it possible to get that chest without him noticing you and if so how?

It is possible to kill the bugs and then book it back to cover. That's what I did, and it made stuff really easy.

I managed to beat the part and finish the chapter however I still know know how I am supposed to get that one chest I described above. It is killing me... I have to know.

EDIT: nevermind.

Alebrije

Thanks I did not preorder this shit , do not need to rent or try a RE game that has so much complains from lots of people.

We are talking about one of the most important franchise for survival horror , RE6 should have 70%-80% acceptance at least.

My hopes for a RE4 gameplay/style return are gone ;-;

Ninjimbo

I finally got a chance to play this. I did the first chapter of Leon's campaign, and man, it's the scariest depiction of a zombie outbreak I've ever seen. I haven't been that tense in a long time.

The tunnel sequence was scarier than anything in RE5. Easily. I almost got a heart attack when I saw that shadows of those zombies running towards carrying axes and shit. There were just so many of them. Nice touch there Capcom. I hope the rest of the game holds up this well

Nori Chan

So flash grenades are pretty much useless in this game compared to other REs huh?

Oh and also I haven't gotten any of my data uploaded to RE.NET yet. Is it because I play offline (meaning no one can join the game and I want to pause it, but I'm still connected to XBL)?

I was nowhere even close to running out of ammo. Just melee everything.

Ch.3 start, I have 229 pistol ammo, 42 shotgun shells, and 18 sniper shots. This game just throws ammo at you unless you're just shooting like a wildman or something. Slide-melee, gunshot melee, quickshot-melee, shit works wonders.

Too bad the gameplay is still pretty boring.

So has anyone unlocked the ability to upgrade weapons? I wanna know what that's like.

Upgrade weapons? You mean this new shitty skills system, right? Because that's about it

antitrop

So flash grenades are pretty much useless in this game compared to other REs huh?

Oh and also I haven't gotten any of my data uploaded to RE.NET yet. Is it because I play offline (meaning no one can join the game and I want to pause it, but I'm still connected to XBL)?
Are they still instant kill on the Las Plagas like RE4?

Are they still instant kill on the Las Plagas like RE4?

Nope. But you can stun certain boss fights so you can focus on their weakpoints.

I haven't really used a lot of grenades myself. The occasional fire grenade when it's a larger group or a tough enemy and I want to save a few shotgun shells.

Astral

Upgrade weapons? You mean this new shitty skills system, right? Because that's about it

I read earlier in the thread that you're able to upgrade weapons once you beat the game. You have to get a certain number of kills and stuff with each weapon.

ezekial45

Banned
Yes after beat one campaign, you get 8 skill slots you can assign three skills to. In game you can change out the loads whenever you want from your cell phone.

Ugh. That's gonna make doing the campaign in order difficult.

Thanks though. I might consider doing one campaign straight through now.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Played through Leon chapter 2 (I just don't have the time to blast through this game like a lot of people, unfortunately) and I still quite like it.

I definitely found some areas a bit more frustrating than others but it didn't give me much difficulty. I made it through the cemetery on my first try and had no problems getting through the door to the cathedral. The boss in there took me a couple tries but it was rewarding. All of the other stuff was also really cool and added to the experience.

I DO think, at times, they pile on the enemies a bit too heavily, but it's not enough to ruin the experience.

Leon campaign completed!

The whole campaign was quite uneven, and I don't even know what the fuck do with the plot right now, is missing so many chunks of relevant info that it feels like someone giving you a book, but before that he rips apart half of the pages.

Is incredible that so little happens in the whole campaign, I wish they just gave you a relevant plot in every campaign instead of giving you parts of a bigger messy plot.

Some general thoughts:

- There's some very fun enemies, I'm suprised they managed to make zombies that fun combinated with the combat system.

- Level design is decent at most, certainly Capcom dosn't know how to match RE4 awesome level design. At some points is way worst than RE5.

- Very fun bosses, most of them much better than in RE5.

- Too much QTE's, I feel like I spent half of the Leon campaign mashing buttons.

I think I give Leon's campaing a 7/10. Now is Chris turn.

nOoblet16

I just noticed that they changed the HUD for Jake/Sherry from the demo, it's pretty neat now. Though I'd have preferred if had they changed the HUD for Chris/Piers instead.

Lucent

This should totally be the title of the next OT.

8052181299_c4c00a1cca.jpg

Eff photoshop. Paint ftw! =x

Top Bottom