• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Spazznid

HOLY CRAP
The cutscene viewer is amazing.
Went in and noticed all of Leon's were missing... but they weren't. It's laid out in a timeline. with the first ones being Chris and Jakes.

SOGOOD

Tritroid

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot but I'm stuck in Chris' campaign. Right after you launch the jeep onto the boat, and Pierres is about to get stabbed...you're supposed to shoot the ja'vo, but it gives me the grenade launcher automatically and I have no ammo. It also won't let me change weapons in that 4 second period before Pierres dies. What am I missing here?

Grisby

Sigh. This very last boss fight with Leon feels terrible.

No matter what I do the zombies keep respawning so his food supply is endless. And I'm pretty much out of ammo.

Any tips?

Lucent

I'm not sure but that seems like a spoiler type of thing.

HOLY CRAP
The cutscene viewer is amazing.
Went in and noticed all of Leon's were missing... but they weren't. It's laid out in a timeline. with the first ones being Chris and Jakes.

SOGOOD

Where were you when this was talked about earlier? =x

lol j/k. Yeah that's pretty awesome. And it pretty much confirmed that Dusk was right about the chronological order for the most part.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

No matter what I do the zombies keep respawning so his food supply is endless. And I'm pretty much out of ammo.

Any tips?

For me, he would always (after the first time) eat the zombie with the lightning rod in it. Just melee the others for ammo to shoot the orange limbs, melee the enemies, and stick the rod in a zombie close to the boss as he'll eat the one closest to him.

Grisby

For me, he would always after the first time eat the zombie with the lightning rod in it. Just melee the others for ammo to shoot the orange limbs, melee the enemies, and stick the rod in a zombie close to the boss as he'll eat the one closest to it.
Right,
but there always seems to be a zombie left or something and he just keeps getting helath back.

Ein Bear

Any tips?

You have to stab a zombie with the lightning rod. He'll eat it and get zapped by lightning. Do this three times and he should fall over - stab another zombie with the rod, shoot him in the face a few times and you're done.

def sim

Right,
but there always seems to be a zombie left or something and he just keeps getting helath back.

Destroy all his legs quickly and he will be impaled by the needle when he falls. Once you destroy his eyes he gets zapped before he can regenerate and you win.

edit:
I've been told that this is not the official way to win. Knocking it down three times with the usual zombie lightning bait and sticking the needle in his face is. huh

second edit:
It actually attaches the spike to its own head with the way I did it. That makes less sense, but I'll take it.

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot but I'm stuck in Chris' campaign. Right after you launch the jeep onto the boat, and Pierres is about to get stabbed...you're supposed to shoot the ja'vo, but it gives me the grenade launcher automatically and I have no ammo. It also won't let me change weapons in that 4 second period before Pierres dies. What am I missing here?

Maybe the game is pulling out your last equipped weapon? You're probably going to have to restart the chapter.

jorgeton

1st part of Leon chapter 4 is awesome. Wow.

This game is ridiculous though. Like playing through an epic b movie. In a good way.

Some of dem random QTE's are a pain in the ass though.

Boy that (leon ch.3)
running scene with the earth-quaking
was fuckin' stupid. I LOVE when the game takes control away from you so random zombies can grab you and force you to start over again. I LOVE getting stuck in animation loops that the player has no choice but to take.

600 people in the development team, ya'll. SIX. HUNDRED.

Mitsurux

Perhaps a dumb question, but can anyone provide a direct link to RE.Net? Google/Bing provide nothing...

Also any information as to how to use it/link accounts etc. (should have been included in an instruction manual)

(I blazed though some of these intro screens etc.)

Lucent

Perhaps a dumb question, but can anyone provide a direct link to RE.Net? Google/Bing provide nothing...

Also any information as to how to use it/link accounts etc. (should have been included in an instruction manual)

(I blazed though some of these intro screens etc.)

http://residentevil.net/

Pretty sure you just click on your language and platform, then submit. Login or make an account. Then I think you go to overview on the list to the left. I know I had to mess around a bit.

Grisby

Destroy all his legs quickly and he will be impaled by the needle when he falls. Once you destroy his eyes he gets zapped before he can regenerate and you win.

edit:
I've been told that this is not the official way to win. Knocking it down three times with the usual zombie lightning bait and sticking the needle in his face is. huh

Maybe the game is pulling out your last equipped weapon? You're probably going to have to restart the chapter.
I did it. Thanks. The camera gets so freaking screwy during this fight.

branny

I just finished the first Chris chapter and am a little into his second. A lot of the demos' quirks made it into the full version of the game (like cutscene aiming transition wonkiness), and ammo and health seem way more scarce in the real thing. Interesting.

Not really sure what to think so far, but I liked the demos and want to give the game an honest chance. Following the recommended chapter order, thanks.

Lucent

So I just finished chapter 2 of Leon's campaign. Are we seriously going up against some Illuminati bullshit here?

1f4e0aa573.jpg

Teknoman

I have to strongly disagree here. Dragon's Dogma and God Hand are mechanically sound games despite their quirky design while RE6 isn't. The lack of feedback when shooting enemies (which is extremely odd since Capcom is arguably the best in the business when dealing with player feedback) as well as the weird hitbox/collision detection plus the awful camera honestly makes this game crap imo. There's a lack of precision in the core mechanics that just makes the entire thing feel sloppy as hell which is strange since Capcom games almost always have very precise mechanics despite quirky design choices.

Maybe its because I havent made it to certain enemies, but the ones i've faced so far (zombies and zombie variants) seem to have pretty good hit detection, and you can tell if you're hitting them via seeing chunks of flesh fly off. Camera..i'm neutral since it gets the job done, but I feel its too close...like Dead Space close.

Phenomic

So does anyone know why I might not be getting credit for doing certain chapters? I just beat the game on every character and I still don't have credit for doing random chapters in everyone's scenario. Really was hoping to not have to go through stuff multiple times. (I Know one of those I'm missing is Jake 2 and I've done that one at least twice). Is there a known bug that I'm hitting or something and just not realizing it?

Spazznid

Chris's Campaign - Chapter 3
I'm at the part in the bay, where the second helicopter is attacking you

One tick of health, even though I have been ONLY using the BARE minimum amount of bullets necessary to take out enemies, I remain with only 10 bullets for my pistol and no other ammo, herbs, or grenades. And now I have to
Take down the chopper

THIS is when I hate this game. COOP is a MUST, yet NOBODY joins my match and NO matches are joined in lobby. I want the achievement, so I have to start from before the other player's game starts, right? or is it "home base" or something? I've been getting by much better in split screen.

Also, Chris' campaign is where the terrible FoV is the worst.

So far Jake and LEon's campaigns are stellar.

ironcreed

Banned
I hate to say it, but I hit a bit of a downturn tonight in Leon's campaign. It was great all the way up until the end of chapter 3 with the
shark boss
and the
airplane sequence
at the start of chapter 4. Both segments were absolute dog shit and the rest of chapter 4 was not that great, either. Those who said that there are wild variations in quality are not lying. I mean this was a drastic drop. I guess I am just going to go ahead and prepare myself for a wild ride of extreme highs and the lowest of lows for the rest of the way. Still glad I got the game and am looking forward to the rest of it, but I just have to be honest as I am going forward here.

xtianmarq

Which campaign is considered the best?

I haven't played Ada's yet, but my favorite of the three main campaigns is Chris's...which surprises even me. All of them had great moments though.

On an unrelated note, I think the music for this game is outstanding....definitely the best soundtrack of any RE title.

At the end of Leon's Ch.4, and I think I'm done with this game. With rare exceptions, it's garbage. The story is fragmented and almost non-existent, combat is boring, QTEs are frequent and annoying, level design is ass, boss fights are tedious, the upgrade system has been replaced with a crummy skills system, and the camera is still too fuckin' close.

There are rare moments like Chris Ch.4 where it seems like a competent third person shooter, but unless you love QTEs and a weird bastardization of RE4-5 combat system, it's trash.

2/5

News Bot

Banned
Boy that (leon ch.3)
running scene with the earth-quaking
was fuckin' stupid. I LOVE when the game takes control away from you so random zombies can grab you and force you to start over again. I LOVE getting stuck in animation loops that the player has no choice but to take.

600 people in the development team, ya'll. SIX. HUNDRED.

The 600 figure gets tossed around a lot but it's not actually as clear-cut as that. The actual development team was about 150, pretty standard. The remaining were from external companies and handled things like motion-capture, voice-acting and cinematics. They had like 6 translators working on it alone, but evidently not enough to stop "parasite" from becoming "virus".

Replicant

So I just finished chapter 2 of Leon's campaign. Are we seriously going up against some Illuminati bullshit here?

The thread title is more accurate than you can imagine. Nemesis must be a pre-cog to know this in advance.....or he works Capcom. If it's the later, sic him guys!!!

Fracas

#fuckonami
At the end of Leon's Ch.4, and I think I'm done with this game. With rare exceptions, it's garbage. The story is fragmented and almost non-existent, combat is boring, QTEs are frequent and annoying, level design is ass, boss fights are tedious, the upgrade system has been replaced with a crummy skills system, and the camera is still too fuckin' close.

There are rare moments like Chris Ch.4 where it seems like a competent third person shooter, but unless you love QTEs and a weird bastardization of RE4-5 combat system, it's trash.

2/5

I've played about 3 hours, and I think I'm done as well. Leon's campaign is okay (but hardly justifies a purchase), and the other 2 campaigns feel like the last 1/3 of RE5 expanded into a whole game. It's just not Resident Evil anymore.

Riposte

2/5

What was boring about the combat and what difficulty were you playing on?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man, I'm loving this game.

Leon done, starting Ch.3 Chris... just too awesome. Really impressed with this.

Teknoman

I hate to say it, but I hit a bit of a downturn tonight in Leon's campaign. It was great all the way up until the end of chapter 3 with the
shark boss
and the
airplane sequence
at the start of chapter 4. Both segments were absolute dog shit and the rest of chapter 4 was not that great, either. Those who said that there are wild variations in quality are not lying. I mean this was a drastic drop. I guess I am just going to go ahead and prepare myself for a wild ride of extreme highs and the lowest of lows for the rest of the way. Still glad I got the game and am looking forward to the rest of it, but I just have to be honest as I am going forward here.

Just completed Chris chapter 4... Holy shit THIS GAME is awesome

Two different impressions of Chapter 4 at the same time, on different ends of the spectrum...talk about variation.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just finished Chapter 4 of Leon's campaign and I'm loving this game so far. I think the big room in Chapter 3 dragged a bit but I've been digging the rest a lot, especially the chapter I just did.

What was boring about the combat and what difficulty were you playing on?

I'm on Normal, and battles just aren't fun. The reactions of the enemies to weapon fire, the cover system, the mostly superfluous rolling about, the weak-lookin' shoulder throw Leon does...it's just dull. Shooting people in this game just isn't fun, this weird combination of RE/5 with the combination of standard TPS stuff, but worse then either one due to the combination. You run past half the enemies cuz you can't be bothered to fight them. With rare exceptions, it's never tense, never exciting, and frequently annoying(another controller stick spinning QTE, another enemy that surprised you because of the too-close camera, ANOTHER insta-death from some situational shit that you just happen to be in the wrong place when the fuckin' truck/car comes barreling while you're fighting enemies).

branny

Two different impressions of Chapter 4 at the same time, on different ends of the spectrum...talk about variation.
It's crazy. It's like RE6 is a durian or something. I thought Dragon's Dogma was divisive, but this game is on a whole other level.

Top Bottom