• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
27787847.jpg

EekTheKat

What made the gameplay click for me was
2 shots to limb stun instead of 1
, after I got that down the I started to adapt to the new game mechanics nicely.

The stun animation is slightly different, but it's there. After a few games to adjust I can spot a staggered enemy fairly easily.

IrishNinja

just got back from redbox & only got disc 1, natch - can i play the full SP? local co-op too? please say yes, installing now!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's DLC, not unlockable. At least, I'm very certain it's not unlockable.

According to the guide, it is an unlockable. And it doesn't list the other DLC stuff, like the other Mercs stages, which are on the disk.

difficulty.png

(catching up and reading the topic)

The tunnel sequence was scarier than anything in RE5. Easily. I almost got a heart attack when I saw that shadows of those zombies running towards carrying axes and shit. There were just so many of them. Nice touch there Capcom. I hope the rest of the game holds up this well

Came here to say this. Soooooo cool.

I've played through the first 2 chapters of Chris and 1 chapter of Jake. I started the 2nd chapter of Jakes but was annoyed and stopped. So far, I'm having a lot of fun with what I've played. There are some over the top ridiculous moments but I've kinda gotten over it with RE5 and RE:ORC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
how the hell do you do the L1/R1 climbing QTE's? I don't get it... and it's starting to annoy the shit out of me.

i'm about to punch something lol... :(

how the hell do you do the L1/R1 climbing QTE's? I don't get it... and it's starting to annoy the shit out of me.

Most annoying QTE ever. I think you have to look at the icons, when the arrow goes up, I think (and just think) that you have to press that button, then you alternate L1/R1, but don't start pressing the button when you alternate, I think that's the key....

Not very helpful but I made but not sure how...

You sure it doesn't do a background install like Dragon's Dogma?

Maybe, but box says HDD required is 8M, so I assumed it there isn't.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Most annoying QTE ever. I think you have to look at the icons, when the arrow goes up, I think (and just think) that you have to press that button, then you alternate L1/R1, but don't start pressing the button when you alternate, I think that's the key....

Not very helpful but I made but not sure how...

Everything is flashing and blinking... it makes no fucking sense. This is without doubt the worst QTE in history. It's worse than Sly Cooper's Voodoo Momma dance.

I can't figure it out.

edit: ok got it, how dumb...

DukeBobby

i'm about to punch something lol... :(

I absolutely despised these.

The one in
Chapter 5
of Leon's campaign, where you
climb up the endless elevator wire
is the most frustrating thing I've played in a game this year.

def sim

The one in
Chapter 5
of Leon's campaign where you
climb up the endless elevator wire
is the most frustrating thing I've played in a game this year.

The animation verges on offensively bad, too. I have a hard time believing the people who animated it saw it and said, "yep, nailed it."

Grisby

This Leon QTE at the end of the game is literally ruining all of the fun I've had.

What on earth am I doing wrong? This is awful.

Lucent

There is a stealth install in the background. It's about 4GB.

This Leon QTE at the end of the game is literally ruining all of the fun I've had.

What on earth am I doing wrong? This is awful.

Didn't someone say something about holding the buttons?

Lucent

This game makes me want Dead Space 3 so fucking badly.

lol. Yeah I know. I can't wait for that either. I'm hoping that the game is somewhat different playing solo and with a partner.

RE6 OT morphs into DS3 OT like a J'avo

That's for the previous one on the
jetliner
. For the elevator wire you just have to have a consistent left/right timing. It's very much like the climbing sequences in NG3...so horrible.

Damn. Doesn't sound fun. =l

Too bad you couldn't unlock a skill to automate the QTE's. At least the cutscene ones. I don't mind the ones where you get jumped on and stuff. Kind of odd that Amateur lets you have them automated but can't allow that for any of the other difficulties.

Grisby

Pro tip for everyone at the end of Leon's campaign QTE of stupid. (non story spoiler)
Hold the triggers down before going to the next one. Like your're actually 'holding' on.

Jesus.
There is a stealth install in the background. It's about 4GB.

Didn't someone say something about holding the buttons?
In my blind fury I missed the post.

This game is really hard. Like really, like I'm dying constantly or just walking around with 1 or 2 health boxes. And I'm only in Leon's second chapter (which you have to do waaay to much before you get to the first save checkpoint).

Any tips/suggestions as to what the hell to do to survive and kill things easily?

Pro tip for everyone at the end of Leon's campaign QTE of stupid. (non story spoiler)
Hold the triggers down before going to the next one. Like your're actually 'holding' on.

Hmmm...that's odd. When I tried holding them like in the previous chapter's climbing sequence, he would just fall. It was only when I started doing basic left/right/left/right trigger presses that he was able to climb without issue...well except when I would have to QTE dodge the boss. That would always ruin my timing and cause me to fall.

Afrocious

This game is really hard. Like really, like I'm dying constantly or just walking around with 1 or 2 health boxes. And I'm only in Leon's second chapter (which you have to do waaay to much before you get to the first save checkpoint).

Any tips/suggestions as to what the hell to do to survive and kill things easily?

1) Use the default crosshairs and get headshots all the time.

2) Melee when prompted.

3) Always be ready to dodge.

4) Quickshot is godly.

Lucent

So just finished chapter 1 for Leon.

Am I supposed to be brutally offended by RE6 already?

I'm not seeing it....

I've only played Chris' first chapter so far and I loved that. Seems everyone feels differently towards every chapter and character campaign. Personally, I'm loving it so far.

Gotcha.

I'll try and hold off my judgments in that case.

However, I feel as though my opinion is going to differ wildly from that of many reviewers (many of whom I normally see eye to eye with) due to the fact that I feel as though lots of their chief complaints are things that are not bothering me.

Lucent

Gotcha.

I'll try and hold off my judgments in that case.

However, I feel as though my opinion is going to differ wildly from that of many reviewers (many of whom I normally see eye to eye with) due to the fact that I feel as though lots of their chief complaints are things that are not bothering me.

I really think either the reviewers are straight up haters or they're just hurt by the changes in the series. I really feel it's the first one. And I'm talking about the severely low score reviewers of course.

Sectus

According to the guide, it is an unlockable. And it doesn't list the other DLC stuff, like the other Mercs stages, which are on the disk.

difficulty.png

(catching up and reading the topic)

Guide must be wrong then. I've completed 2 campaigns in pro and I don't have any new difficulty unlocked.

It's a bit worrying as it makes it seem like the difficulty was supposed to be part of the game but late into development (must be very late considering the guide got it wrong) they decided to make it DLC instead.

So the costumes in the unlockable items are different than the costumes you unlock originally? They looked similar.
RE.net costumes are the same as the regular unlockable costumes just a different color.
I think Helena's recolor the hat is on straight so it looks less slutty imo.

Unless the game completely falls off a cliff (and maybe it does , I don't know) scores in the 3s and 4s seems absolutely ludicrous and borderline irresponsible.

Of course, I say this playing 2 hours of what is 20-30 hours of gameplay though (a mere 10%). We will see how/if my tune changes...

Top Bottom