• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Trigger

Is there a missable weapon in Leon 1?
I keep seeing ammo for a gun I don't have at the cemetary. 12 gauge? My gut says I might have missed something at the guns shop.

george_us

I'm liking Chris's campaign MUCH MUCH better than Leon's so far. Already it feels far more polished and the enemy hit reactions seem much better. Then again I assume this is because the enemies are basically ripped straight from RE4/5.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is there a missable weapon in Leon 1?
I keep seeing ammo for a gun I don't have at the cemetary. 12 gauge? My gut says I might have missed something at the guns shop.

I don't think it was at the guns shop but yes you missed that weapon in Ch. 1.

What happens when you miss a weapon, anyway? Does it appear later?

I'm liking Chris's campaign MUCH MUCH better than Leon's so far. Already it feels far more polished and the enemy hit reactions seem much better. Then again I assume this is because the enemies are basically ripped straight from RE4/5.

The aesthetics of Chris's campaign are more consistent with the additions to the gameplay, I think.

Dartastic

What skills have you guys been using? I've now completed two of each campaign, and I've barely purchased any skills. I now have 65000 points, and I'd like to use them on something worthwhile. I have Defense level 1, J'avo Killer Lv. 1, Zombie Killer Lv. 1, and Item Drop Increase. Is there anything I really should be using?

Carbonox

Playing through Ada's campaign makes me want to play through RE4 and Separate Ways again. Love playing the events Leon participates in through the eyes of Ada. I hope this is a running theme in future Leon games as well. Though sooner or later they're gonna have to bring closure on their relationship.

branny

What skills have you guys been using? I've now completed two of each campaign, and I've barely purchased any skills. I now have 65000 points, and I'd like to use them on something worthwhile. I have Defense level 1, J'avo Killer Lv. 1, Zombie Killer Lv. 1, and Item Drop Increase. Is there anything I really should be using?
The first thing I bought was Item Drop Increase because I felt like I was always running out of stuff. I have Melee 1 and Defense 1 with it right now, and they all seem to be working well for the moment.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
who the fuck approved tripping

fire them
Seriously? It's an awesome touch. I love that kind of stuff.

But yeah. For new players, we're not kidding around-- follow the suggested order. It makes the game much more enjoyable. Again I'm not against freedom, but because of how stale Leon's story gets and how military gung-ho Chris' first couple of chapters are, adding in some Jake and Sherry to the mix makes for a more enjoyable and engaging experience. It actually feels like something is happening in the story now.
How much are you playing the game?

I have a feeling that I'm avoiding the fatigue with my more limited sessions. I don't even have the time to get through an entire chapter in one sitting let alone multiple chapters. An interesting point, though.

Trigger

I hope missed weapons can be picked up later.

EDIT- I'm an idiot. I just had too much ammo saved. I didn't miss the weapon.
Unless there's more to Leon 1 than just the Hydra, Pistol, and shotgun

I've been using field medic, firearms, and lock on. I'd think melee would probably be useful if only because every campaign benefits from good melee usage. Saves ammo.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Seriously? It's an awesome touch. I love that kind of stuff.

Oh come on. It's not an "awesome" touch. It is a paramount example of how focus on attention to detail can actually be dilutive. Does anyone think, "Man, that is cool but it would be super cool if he sucked at it!" when Solid Snake tiptoes over bodies? I like that there are extra animations and I think it's neat someone wasted time on that but it does not enhance the gameplay experience in any way.

I could see it working if:
a) the game wasn't so dark
b) the FOV wasn't so narrow

Since it is both of those, you mostly trip over things you can't even see.

Noi

So I've seen this complaint before, but I'm most of the way through Chris's second chapter and I'm constantly out of ammo. Why, in the campaign that is designed to look like and play like a conventional cover-based shooter, am I always without bullets? It wasn't a problem even once that I can recall in the Leon campaign.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using melee as much as I ever did, which is whenever it's possible.

Because you're using bullets THAT much more and most of your guns are automatics, so they burn through ammo. I did Chris' chapters online with a friend and we were BOTH always running low on ammo.

I wish it wasn't so easy to disconnect from people when playing as
Ada
. I know it's because they technically don't know I'm there (in the case of Jake Chapter 4), but I'd like to be able to help someone all throughout their segment. :(

dark10x

Oh come on. It's not an "awesome" touch. It is a paramount example of how focus on attention to detail can actually be dilutive. Does anyone think, "Man, that is cool but it would be super cool if he sucked at it!" when Solid Snake tiptoes over bodies? I like that there are extra animations and I think it's neat someone wasted time on that but it does not enhance the gameplay experience in any way.

I could see it working if:
a) the game wasn't so dark
b) the FOV wasn't so narrow

Since it is both of those, you mostly trip over things you can't even see.
Yes, it is an awesome touch. I really enjoy little details like that.

If it were causing me to die or giving me problems I might feel frustrated with it, but it hasn't so I'm not.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

If it were causing me to die or giving me problems I might feel frustrated with it, but it hasn't so I'm not.

Wouldn't it be an even cooler extra detail if, like a real person, the character only tripped on each body once, and then gained additional situational awareness as to avoid doing it 7 times in a row as you run back and forth?

Because you're using bullets THAT much more and most of your guns are automatics, so they burn through ammo. I did Chris' chapters online with a friend and we were BOTH always running low on ammo.

I wish it wasn't so easy to disconnect from people when playing as
Ada
. I know it's because they technically don't know I'm there (in the case of Jake Chapter 4), but I'd like to be able to help someone all throughout their segment. :(

So why isn't the game designed to support that? Especially after giving me plenty of ammo in Leon's campaign, which is arguably the "survival horror" campaign.

Noi

I still think he looks like a cross between Colton Haynes and Mariska Hargitay.

Piers reminds me of:

cH3Cp.gif

Juuust a bit.

dark10x

Wouldn't it be an even cooler extra detail if, like a real person, the character only tripped on each body once, and then gained additional situational awareness as to avoid doing it 7 times in a row as you run back and forth?
Uhh, that's kind of up to the player, isn't it? It's not that difficult to see the bodies lying around.

Are you guys actually having trouble with that?! I mean, seriously?

Normally bodies you trip over are alive, aren't they? It's a touch for you to focus on it, isnt it?(havent played leon campaign yet)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
God daaaaaamn. Just got a 150 combo on Catacombs in Mercenaries co-op, clearing the whole level with 3 minutes to spare. Ended up with ~1.6 million points and got rank 33 on the leaderboard for it.

Otherwise, finished Leon's chapter 5 and did the first 2 for Chris. That last boss for Leon was hilariously long, but I enjoyed it and his campaign overall. Lowest point for me was actually the
Deborah boss fight, where I got stuck in a loop of being downed and getting revived while I was in the mine cart.

I actually really enjoyed both chapters of Chris so far, J'avo are really fun to fight. The knockdown would be really annoying if I didn't know the quick get up out of that, which the game definitely should tell you but doesn't.

Normally bodies you trip over are alive, aren't they? It's a touch for you to focus on it, isnt it?(havent played leon campaign yet)

Nah, you don't trip over enemy corpses, just dead bodies. I actually forgot the mechanic existed even though it annoyed me in the demo, it very rarely shows up beyond Leon chapter 1.

Y2Kev

Uhh, that's kind of up to the player, isn't it? It's not that difficult to see the bodies lying around.

Yes, it is difficult to see the bodies lying around.

Here's an awesome touch they missed that would be cool as well: having to press A to switch gun hands so that you can open doors. That is attention to detail. I can think of, like, a billion more that do not actually add to the game but enhance realism.

Alive but not necessarily zombified. So more like in stasis and not to be messed with.

Finished the first two chapters of Jake and yeah its uneven but I love all the switches in gameplay.

The biggest issues are the
vehicle segments which feel a but messy due to having some cheap deaths. I do appreciate the effort to have them, I did like the jet in Chris', awesome stuff
. But everything else I enjoyed like the large
map with the snow, yeah it was a bit hard to see the enemies but that is the point you are in a snow storm. The stealth moments where well done, sweet change of pace. Really the only really bad part was the start where you are being hit by random fire from a helicopter.

Count me as another fan of the Dusk Golem chronological order. Restarted my game last night and am really appreciating things on a different level. Still loving this game!

Y2Kev

Well WHATEVER enjoy your tripping for now since I doubt Spark Unlimited will put it in Resident Evil 7

So, just for the record, you can only really quit the game after you've seen the typewriter flash in the corner of the screen, correct?

Noi

So, just for the record, you can only really quit the game after you've seen the typewriter flash in the corner of the screen, correct?

That's right. Everything else is just a checkpoint you can continue from at a Game Over, but not from quitting the game.

Eidan

who the fuck approved tripping

fire them

I don't get it. Capcom goes out of its way to make their protagonists seem super human, and they decide to throw in a pointless mechanic that makes them trip like uncoordinated 13 year olds in P.E. It's a real head scratcher.

hetchi

In splitscreen, how can I change the camera? it doesn't take your entire section like in res5. looks under settings and nothing. maybe anyone managed to change it?

Thoughts on Chris chapter by chapter:

Chapter 1: I bit too many firefights, the strength of this game lies in up close combat so all the long distance stuff didn't feel all that great. Like the hostages part.

Chapter 2: Demo section I have done a ton of times so I was a bit bored. The large area with the two giant monsters I felt was not constructed well. Took me a while to really get a good feel of what I should be doing. The mansion looking area after was cool and I was glad to get away from all the gunfights.

Chapter 3: Crazy awesome monster mutations, much closer combat. Helicopter battle was a bit annoying but interesting. Invisible snake was super tense and a great boss battle. Car chase was complete utter shit.

Chapter 4: These new enemies are awesome, extremely intense combat situations. The part where you need to find the keys in the dark bowels of the ship was one of the best moments of the entire game, felt like RE4. I flew a JET!

Chapter 5: Some good battles, I especially liked the elevator rotating room section. The chases were stunning visually. The boss was pretty damn epic and what happens in the story is crazy. I so want to play as Piers to have a huge electric shooting arm. Epic stuff.

Its just annoying, imo. I'm barely moving walking by and I trip and react as if I was running full speed. Sometimes I walk around but I clip over its hand and I go flying forward. It was interesting and novel the first few times but is now annoying.

dark10x

I don't understand how I'm pissed about if you miss such an obvious joke. I think the tripping means a whole lot more to you :p
Ha ha, fair enough. You should not joke about Spark Unlimited, though, as it just might happen. *shudder*

No matter how much people hate RE6 there is no way in hell that it's even remotely close to being as truly awful and uninspired as Legendary or Turning Point. I mean, jesus, Legendary is legendarily bad. It's hard to believe it was ever released.

Trigger

Thoughts on Chris chapter by chapter:

Chapter 2: Demo section I have done a ton of times so I was a bit bored. The large area with the two giant monsters I felt was not constructed well. Took me a while to really get a good feel of what I should be doing. The mansion looking area after was cool and I was glad to get away from all the gunfights.

No joke: I spent like 20 mins in this section because I lost track of
Finn and didn't know how to kill the second monster.
Really poor telegraphing on the part of the developers.

Carbonox

Can someone give me advice on Ada's Chapter 4
boss fight against Carla? I'm at the part before the shit ton of nitrogen tanks and her face blocks the way. No matter what I do, I can't clear her face away. Even if I destroy both eyes and then proceed to lay in to the face with everything I have, I still can't get rid of it.

def sim

boss fight against Carla? I'm at the part before the shit ton of nitrogen tanks and her face blocks the way. No matter what I do, I can't clear her face away. Even if I destroy both eyes and then proceed to lay in to the face with everything I have, I still can't get rid of it.

Destroy both eyes then shoot the middle of her face until you get an opening big enough to look through. Aim and shoot the nitrogen tanks; you need to be quick.

Dartastic

Just finished Leon chapter 3. Glad I'm going in order. GOD did that level drag on. Ugh. ...I wish it was way more like the first chapter. =(

No joke: I spent like 20 mins in this section because I lost track of
Finn and didn't know how to kill the second monster.
Really poor telegraphing on the part of the developers.
the game/people tell you to enter a secret tunnel. it shows they can get killed by running into power lines. There's also a chain gun on one of the side streets. I found it to be fairly easy. However, I've found difficulty in some areas others found to be easy and vice versa.

Hallondricka

Neo Member

Shoot the blue canisters. They are behind her face. Just keep shooting to clear the view.

Trigger

the game/people tell you to enter a secret tunnel. it shows they can get killed by running into power lines. There's also a chain gun on one of the side streets. I found it to be fairly easy. However, I've found difficulty in some areas others found to be easy and vice versa.

Yeah, it didn't help that I never had enough ammo either
and fuck those snipers

Just finished Leon chapter 3. Glad I'm going in order. GOD did that level drag on. Ugh. ...I wish it was way more like the first chapter. =(

Yeah. I hated the part where you thought you were about to exit that place and
a false floor drops you deeper into the catacombs
. Arg. Was funny in an irritating way.

Neiteio

Someone on the other page mentioned it as a "cool little detail" but I didn't understand it when I saw it in Jake Chapter 1 -- can someone explain the significance of the
mannequins in the dark room and the spray-painted face on the distant wall with a mannequin head in the middle of its nose/mouth
?

Dreamer RD

Mercenaries are fucked up like RE5 Reunion. Even 149 combo means fail if you play for high scores. Also, respawn is simply awful. Well at least music is awesome and character roster is great. Cleared 3 main campaigns and it's better than RE5 I must say. Need to replay jake again to unlock Ada coz cleared it on another account.

Its definitely not 3/10 or 4.5/10 game. Whoever posted such scores must be shot lol.

Top Bottom