• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
im a huge RE fan but not even i could play through ORC...just a terrible game overall tbh

have you seen the metacritic user score?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resident-evil-6

everyone loves just jumping on games that are getting a bad reception, its disgusting tbh.

The metacritic user score is not a valid measure of anything. There's no barrier to putting a score up there which means its overly determined by extremists and trolls.

RE6 isn't the only game to have a ridiculous user score.

Anyway, even if the user score is not an accurate measure, it sends a message to Capcom that they need to think about why they're getting this reaction.

Does getting an S rank in Mercs Duo unlock stuff? I'm so ready to give up any hope of S ranking any levels with any characters...

Getting S ranks is not that hard. Just follow the solid advice they gave you in the previous page and.... play cooperatively with someone else.

If you're doing it by yourself, it gets way harder to achieve higher ranks, you will be flanked and surrounded right away.

d0c_zaius

It practically has been spoiled everywhere but fixed it. Even back of the box says 4 campaigns.

sure, and I think some people (like myself) might actually like to be surprised by that info (who's campaign it is).

the fact that everyone feels justified doing it is pretty lame. GAF is usually hyper-spoiler sensitive.

in this case though, I think it is warranted.

sure, and I think some people (like myself) might actually like to be surprised by that info (who's campaign it is).

the fact that everyone feels justified doing it is pretty lame. GAF is usually hyper-spoiler sensitive.

There were trailers for it. There was a preview event where it was the primary attraction. It's on the back of the box. It's as secret as Jakes campaign.

d0c_zaius

There were trailers for it. There was a preview event where it was the primary attraction.

so you are assuming everyone has seen this trailer, or checked out this preview event? is it that hard to use spoiler tags?

its hidden in the OP for an obvious reason, and its not unlocked at the start.

If we are going by "most people", then most people assume there are only 3 campaigns.

even in the op it says "Initial reports from journalists who have the game already are putting the three campaigns completion time between roughly 24 and 27 hours. Of course, your mileage may vary."

so you are assuming everyone has seen this trailer? is it that hard to use spoiler tags?

its hidden in the OP for an obvious reason, and its not unlocked at the start.

If we are going by "most people", then most people assume there are only 3 campaigns.

Back of the box says 4 campaigns. The only way you could have missed it is if you had gone on a total media blackout, and if you had, you wouldn't have known anything about the game at all save for the title. The campaign was advertised just as heavily as the others.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

If it's something that one would only manage to avoid by being on media blackout, then you should continue your media blackout by not visiting threads about it until you've finished it.

This isn't meant to be a thinly veiled "get out of the thread." I'm serious that I think this is a reasonable line to draw about spoilers. If it's only a spoiler to you because you have intentionally avoided all pre-release info about the game, you can't expect other people who are openly discussing it in a dedicated forum to share that extremely high standard for spoilers.

Basically, if the info is out there as part of PR, it's up to you to avoid it, not other people. So that includes forgoing internet discussion if necessary.

d0c_zaius

Back of the box says 4 campaigns. The only way you could have missed it is if you had gone on a total media blackout, and if you had, you wouldn't have known anything about the game at all save for the title. The campaign was advertised just as heavily as the others.

Well besides telling me about what I actually experienced, I didnt go on a blackout and didnt know WHOS campaign it was till Golem spoiled it. The number of campaigns isnt as much of an issue as saying who it is obviously.

Im sure there are other people in that same boat. Use a spoiler tag, takes 2 seconds and you show consideration.

Or not. whatever.

If it's something that one would only manage to avoid by being on media blackout, then you should continue your media blackout by not visiting threads about it until you've finished it.

This isn't meant to be a thinly veiled "get out of the thread." I'm serious that I think this is a reasonable line to draw about spoilers. If it's only a spoiler to you because you have intentionally avoided all pre-release info about the game, you can't expect other people who are openly discussing it in a dedicated forum to share that extremely high standard for spoilers.

Kinda confused by what youre saying, if you are referring to me. I didn't go on any media blackout, didnt know whos campaign it was. Thats not an unreasonable scenerio.

GAF calls item unlocks in fighting games, or bonus characters spoilers. In fact, what I am bringing up is no where close to the extremism when it comes to spoilers displayed around here sometimes.

But there are spoiler tags, and spoiler threads for a reason.

Well besides telling me about what I actually experienced, I didnt go on a blackout and didnt know WHOS campaign it was till Golem spoiled it.

Im sure there are other people in that same boat. Use a spoiler tag, takes 2 seconds and you show consideration.

Or not. whatever.

You didn't go on a blackout, yet missed the copious amounts of coverage on said campaign, didn't read the back of the box, ignored the crossover points in the game where it searches for another player, and didn't read a single review? I'm confused.

Noi

Finished Jake's campaign. Jake's hand to hand combat single handedly made his story awesome, though I didn't like the campaign itself as much as Chris'. Ustanak made for a nice
Nemesis
expy though, and I did like the feeling of being chased around.

Gonna hop onto the final campaign and wrap things up.

You didn't go on a blackout, yet missed the copious amounts of coverage on said campaign, didn't read the back of the box, ignored the crossover points in the game where it searches for another player, and didn't read a single review? I'm confused.

To be fair, if you set the game to Private (or offline), you never get the prompts for player searching. I didn't even know the other two people could be human-controlled until the loading screen that said so.

d0c_zaius

Since you are obviously more concerned with justifying a lack of consideration you can just save your breath.

Fair enough on that point, but his point is completely ridiculous. It'd be like complaining about the fact that I would spoil that parts of the game take place in China.

yea...no. apparently you think a location is equal to a locked campaign from a character not advertised as apart of the general 3 campaigns.

Finished Jake's campaign. Jake's hand to hand combat single handedly made his story awesome, though I didn't like the campaign itself as much as Chris'. Ustanak made for a nice
Nemesis
expy though, and I did like the feeling of being chased around.

Gonna hop onto the final campaign and wrap things up.

To be fair, if you set the game to Private (or offline), you never get the prompts for player searching. I didn't even know the other two people could be human-controlled until the loading screen that said so.

Fair enough on that point, but his point is completely ridiculous. It'd be like complaining about the fact that I would spoil that parts of the game take place in China.

Since you are obviously more concerned with justifying a lack of consideration you can just save your breath.

I'm more concerned with you pointing fingers at people who've done nothing wrong, and being ridiculous while at it.

Bladenic

Copy should be here any minute, FINALLY. Curious, has cfxfreak posted his thoughts on the game? I always like reading his thoughts considering he's one of the biggest RE fans around.

I really have no idea if I should buy this game or not. From every video seems like there is a lot of fun going on; however, many say the game is bad.

JoeFenix

I do, but then I go for the bridge and kill the soldiers.

The bloodshots are annoying but tolerable with some explosives.

I just run out of time before I get anywhere near the kill amount. Last match I got 96 with a score of 66660, lol.

Jake's is by far my favorite campaign. I very much dislike your tendancy to state your opinion in a way that makes it look like you think it's fact...

It is not.

It's fine if you enjoy it but I found chapter 2 and 3 to be truly miserable. The one aspect of the game that I actualy enjoy (combat loop) is non existant in those chapters.

Doesn't help that visualy the game is at its worst, It looked like a D3 published budget game. Jake's character model in that cutscene at the beginning of chapter 3, LOL!

What I post here is my opinion, I shouldn't have to remind you or anyone of that fact everytime I say something.

Now to be fair chapter 4 and 5 are infinitely better but I still can't look past 2 and 3. It's just fucking awful I M O!

d0c_zaius

It's not justifying a lack of consideration, you are being overly sensitive and there is no reason people have to follow your standards

tell that to the OP then? Cause they had the common sense and respect to err on the side of caution. Plus a number of media outlets that go out of their way to not reveal it?

jeezus you think I'd asked people to drive the speed limit or something.

"I'm more concerned with you pointing fingers at people who've done nothing wrong, and being ridiculous while at it."

and I'm being overly sensitive? GG with your bodyguarding, and needs 10% more use of the word ridiculous.

Fuck this topic is frustrating. adios.

tell that to the OP then? Cause they had the common sense and respect to err on the side of caution. Plus a number of media outlets that go out of their way to not reveal it?

jeezus you think I'd asked people to drive the speed limit or something.

"I'm more concerned with you pointing fingers at people who've done nothing wrong, and being ridiculous while at it."

and I'm being overly sensitive? GG with your bodyguarding, and needs 10% more use of the word ridiculous.

Fuck this topic is frustrating. adios.

Considering you're so upset that you posted that you were leaving, and then came back in to edit it to get a last shot in at him, yeah I'd say he's right in that you're being overly sensitive.

JoeFenix

I will say one thing the game does very well is the multiple angles intersecting story is genuinely well handled. So are the character interactions, I didn't hate anyone and mostly care about every character to some degree.

There's a good framework here but it's so misguided and unpolished in certain areas, the lows really are lower than I ever expected them to be in a mainline RE game.

I also think the enemy design is super inconsistent, some are really cool and some are just straight up bad.
The J'avo are kind of all over the place and just look like shit sometimes (grasshopper legs, really?). And fighting choppers should just be banned from games at this point, does anyone really ever enjoy those fights?

It's a complete mixed bag, it's neither consistently awful or consistently good, the only consistent thing about this game is the fact that it's inconsistent.

I will say one thing the game does very well is the multiple angles intersecting story is genuinely well handled. So is the character interactions, I didn't hate anyone and mostly care about every character to some degree.

There's a good framework here but it's so misguided and unpolished in certain areas, the lows really are lower than I ever expected them to be in a mainline RE game.

I also think the enemy design is super inconsistent, some are really cool and some are just straight up bad.
The J'avo are kind of all over the place and just look like shit sometimes (grasshopper legs, really?). And fighting choppers should just be banned from games at this point, does anyone really ever enjoy those fights?

It's a complete mixed bag, it's neither consistently awful or consistently good, the only consistent thing about this game is the fact that it's inconsistent.

I would have enjoyed
the helicopter fights if they wouldn't randomly shoot invisible missiles at me. There is no indication when they will shoot. Compare that to MGS where you get clear prompts to move out of the way.

Neiteio

For those going into Jake's second chapter, a few words of advice: When opening doors with a QTE that involves spinning the analog stick, spin BOTH analog sticks to go faster.

You'll need it!

branny

For those going into Jake's second chapter, a few words of advice: When opening doors with a QTE that involves spinning the analog stick, spin BOTH analog sticks to go faster.

You'll need it!
My words of advice for that entire chapter are "be prepared to die a lot until you figure out what you need to do". After that, it's okay (and up to you to forgive the game or not, lol).

T.O.P

Banned
Just finished the first chapter with Leon, incredible atmosphere imho

Absolutely loved the city in chaos after the quietness of the underground station

Hope that the game can keep up to this standard <3

Zombies animation are pretty damn good btw, same for the way they decompose and react to bullets

My words of advice for that entire chapter are "be prepared to die a lot until you figure out what you need to do". After that's, it's okay (and up to you to forgive the game or not, lol).

That chapter sums up the entire game so far. It's so all over the place, and so QUICK.

Sectus

Finished Jake campaign now. It was a lot better than I expected and also a lot different than I expected. A bit shorter than the others though.

Noi

Keep dying on the first chapter of the last campaign... If there's one thing RE6 constantly does that drives me up a wall, it's goddamn invisible timers.

Neiteio

Not gonna lie, only two chapters into Jake and Sherry's campain and I really hope these two get nekkid and git it on like Diddy Kong.

george_us

Chapter 5 of Leon's campaign just might be the most colossally stupid thing I've ever played. Between
several hundred rounds of Helicopter ammo, my own ammo, various explosives, getting hit by train, being burned multiple times, being struck by FUCKING LIGHTNING multiple times, it's one RPG that finally does Simmons in.
Good grief.

Carbonox

Chapter 5 of Leon's campaign just might be the most colossally stupid thing I've ever played. Between
several hundred rounds of Helicopter ammo, my own ammo, various explosives, getting hit by train, being burned multiple times, being struck by FUCKING LIGHTNING multiple times, it's one RPG that finally does Simmons in.
Good grief.

Gotta keep that RE trademark going. ;P

Top Bottom