• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

I was just going to post impressions about how awesome Jake chapter 3 was but no one will be paying attention to my post now... omg wtf.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was just going to post impressions about how awesome Jake chapter 3 was but no one will be paying attention to my post now... omg wtf.

It is kind of hard to follow up after a post like that, but I digress.

This game is so polarizing it's almost hilarious. I know people were complaining about Jake Chapter 3, but I absolutely loved it. I loved every part of the chapter.
The beginning Mirror's Edge like section for Jake, Metal Gear Solid like area for Sherry (and the blatant fan service for both of them). I loved exploring the Chinese mansion, and though a bit out of nowhere, the end tank scenario was also a blast (pun unintended).

It also was absolutely aesthetically pleasing for me. I am a big fan of aesthetics in games, and this chapter absolutely did it for me continuously. I loved all the detail, variety, art direction, and was completely engrossed in exploring each room. Also this area is an area that's extremely fun to play Agent Hunt in.

Jake's Chapter 3 was a complete hit for me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only popping my head in here for a second because this thread has become a spoiler-infested joke, but I just wanted to thank Dusk Golem for his chronological order; I just finished Leon's first chapter and I'm in heaven.

I honestly, seriously, truly have no idea why this game is getting the scores it's been getting. It's not a horror game, that much is obvious from the outset. But it is a damn good game! Jake's Chapter 2 was really entertaining, a real change of pace from the rest of the game up until that point, and the latter half of Leon's first chapter was just mind-blowing. I honestly rank it as one of the most memorable levels I have played, it's that good. The sense of chaos is palatable.

Anyway I'm jumping right the fuck out of this thread before I get spoiled by people who don't understand the point of a spoiler tag, but I just wanted to rave about how great this game is. Fantastic.

Noi

It is kind of hard to follow up after a post like that, but I digress.

This game is so polarizing it's almost hilarious. I know people were complaining about Jake Chapter 3, but I absolutely loved it. I loved every part of the chapter.
The beginning Mirror's Edge like section for Jake, Metal Gear Solid like area for Sherry (and the blatant fan service for both of them). I loved exploring the Chinese mansion, and though a bit out of nowhere, the end tank scenario was also a blast (pun unintended).

It also was absolutely aesthetically pleasing for me. I am a big fan of aesthetics in games, and this chapter absolutely did it for me continuously. I loved all the detail, variety, art direction, and was completely engrossed in exploring each room. Also this area is an area that's extremely fun to play Agent Hunt in.

Jake's Chapter 3 was a complete hit for me.

The only part I didn't like as much about that chapter was the
end tank sequence
, partially because me and my co-op partner died way too many times after we had to split-up. The large amount of enemies that can both mutate and mob Sherry can be a bit much, more so when she's the only target while
Jake is busy getting the tank to rotate the statue, then get shot from behind as he's heading to the bike
. The rest of the stage though, especially the beginning, was fantastic.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also, the previews and trailers made Jake seem like a melee focus character (well, moreso than the others), is there anything in particular I should be going for when equipping hand-to-hand?

Noi

Also, the previews and trailers made Jake seem like a melee focus character (well, moreso than the others), is there anything in particular I should be going for when equipping hand-to-hand?

Jaguar Dash and Palm Strike. Hold the Melee button while aiming with Hand to Hand equipped and Jake will lock-on to an enemy, then dash toward him once you let go of the button. Then you can mash melee and Jake will continuously attack the target you locked-on to and any surrounding enemies. It's pretty good!

Ok here are my thoughts on Jake chapter 3. Its maybe my favorite chapter of the whole game, well that including the first part of chapter 4 which ties in together. Complete utter action insanity, LOVE IT. This area basically allows you to make the best use of Jake's moves, it looked like I was in a kung fu movie.

That whole Chinese mansion was such a fantastically designed area. The hallways created perfect opportunity for great running melee moves, I would pop out of a corner already locked on running full speed at them dodging side to side as they attempt to him me and proceed to take out like four of them at once. Then came the fucking tank out of nowhere! The bike chase was very well done. It handled very responsively and while there is instant deaths if you play it smart, using brakes you can get through it no problem. Reminds me of something out of MGS. But of course that is followed by a crap section where a helicopter is shooting at me for like a minute straight, so annoying.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Jaguar Dash and Palm Strike. Hold the Melee button while aiming with Hand to Hand equipped and Jake will lock-on to an enemy, then dash toward him once you let go of the button. Then you can mash melee and Jake will continuously attack the target you locked-on to and any surrounding enemies. It's pretty good!

Thanks! I was wondering if he had Jaguar Dash.

I really wish the game explained the mechanics better. There's so much to the controls and how to approach the game, yet there's no info outside of loading screens. It's a shame because I think it would have made a pretty big difference.

Spazznid

I patiently waited for the release date and it had finally hit. I was expecting delivery so I waited in my room the whole day whilst browsing the internet as well as admiring said edition pictures on Google images. I heard my bedroom door open. I thought to myself "Who the fuck is that?"... all I saw was a silhouette of a tall man with a really nice hairdo. The figure turned on the light and all was revealed.

To my surprise it was Leon. He was carrying the Tablet cases that came with the premium edition. It was strange because I couldn't see him holding the game case but maybe he had it concealed in his jacket or pockets? He approached me and asked me a simple question: "Are you "Name of Customer"?". I nodded. He threw the tablet cases on the ground. I didn't really care. All I wanted was the jacket and game.

I assumed that the jacket he was wearing was my gift for buying the Premium Edition. He slowly took off the jacket and held it in front of me. "This is yours friend." he said. I grabbed it off him gently and sniffed it. There was that new car smell. I placed it on my bed softly and directed my attention towards him. I could only admire the jacket briefly because of what was in front of me as soon as he took off the jacket. It was his perfectly chiseled body. He stood there, with his back straight in a formal matter. His muscles were glistening in the light. His figure was absolutely outstanding. He told me: "You're not going to regret paying 1300 bucks...".

He grabbed me softly and tossed me onto my bed. I became dazed. He went on top of me and proceeded to do many kinky things. He told me that he wished to globally saturate me completely on my bed. I nodded and we continued. It lasted for hours. When he had finally climaxed, a circle like object popped out of him into the air. He grabbed it in a cool matter and handed it to me. "Here's your Resident Evil 6 game friend." he said. So that's where my game was?

He took himself off of me and got off my bed. He began to walk slowly out of my room. Right before leaving he rotated 180 degrees and snapped his finger at me. "Before I leave, I'd like to hear some words from you." he said. I told him that I enjoyed every second of it and wished for more. "That's great of you to say friend. I appreciate it. But there's something else I want to hear from you." He waved his hair in a sexy manner. It then hit me. I knew exactly what he wanted me to say. "That was 1300 dollars well spent Leon." I told him. He gave me a thumbs up and smiled. "'Name Of Customer', I will be returning to these x y z coordinates arbitrarily to spend more time with you in the future. I trust you don't mind?" I told him that he makes my kokoro go doki doki and gladly nodded at him. A big smile formed on my face.

He left my room in the coolest way possible and shut my door. I thought to myself maybe it's time to play the game but I remembered the jacket on my bed. I grabbed it and sniffed it until the next day. Not only does it have that new car smell... but it also carries the stench of Leon.

....globally saturate me completely on my bed.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!

JoeFenix

Beat the final campaign on Professional, that's a wrap. Outside of the copter shoot-athon, that final story was pretty nice. Though [spoilers]fighting Simmons at the end as Ada[/spoiler] feels kind of like a chore rather than nice since the boss right before that feels more like the final boss of the campaign than it.

Overall though, I rather liked it! There's a few shitty chapters here and there, and I loathe the instant death QTEs, but the core game is a lot of fun. Jake was my favorite to play as because of his exclusive Melee attacks, especially zipping around with Jaguar dash across whole fields.

Need to redo Leon's campaign though. I got hit with the co-op bug, so I only got the trophies for Amateur and Normal. So if anyone wants to do a Professional run for that, I'm game!

I'd play with you, I'm PS3 though...

PSN is JoeFenix

olimpia84

I got this today in the mail and played for about 2 hours. So far I'm extremely disappointed. I fucking hate the combat system. Melee is so damn unpredictable, sometimes you can kick a zombie in the head and it will explode in one hit and sometimes you won't even hit the damn zombie even if he's right in front of you. So damn infuriating.

Also, I'm playing this on Normal and even though I'm very early into the game the enemies feel like bullet sponges. Sometimes no matter how much I shoot them in a particular area of their body they don't react at all. I'm assuming once I start using skill points to buy better skills that will improve but still, it's effing annoying.

Dusk Golem

I got this today in the mail and played for about 2 hours. So far I'm extremely disappointed. I fucking hate the combat system. Melee is so damn unpredictable, sometimes you can kick a zombie in the head and it will explode in one hit and sometimes you won't even hit the damn zombie even if he's right in front of you. So damn infuriating.

Also, I'm playing this on Normal and even though I'm very early into the game the enemies feel like bullet sponges. Sometimes no matter how much I shoot them in a particular area of their body they don't react at all. I'm assuming once I start using skill points to buy better skills that will improve but still, it's effing annoying.

You have a 'stamina' bar, the more you run/melee/dash, the more tired your character will get. There's a gauge for this, but also you can tell visually if your character starts breathing heavily and clenches their stomach. This recharges over time and will recharge faster if you lay on the floor. Part of the combat system if figuring out how to use your stamina wisely as once you've run out, melees/running/quick shooting are essentially useless until it recharges.

Melees are also context sensitive to what state of 'daze' the enemy is, and what direction you melee them from.

Dusk Golem

40something hours and I am still discovering new things o_O

There's a lot of small details to uncover. XD If you want to be a melee hog (which is good for Mercs) a good strategy when you're tired is to jump onto your back with a powerful weapon and kill a zombie by shooting as, while I'm not certain, I also think your stamina recharges a bit more if you shoot and kill enemies while regaining stamina. It seems like it to me at least, shooting two zombies in the head and then melee'ing again seem to recharge more stamina for me than if I just stand there for the same amount of time killing nothing.

Replicant

I patiently waited for the release date and it had finally hit. I was expecting delivery so I waited in my room the whole day whilst browsing the internet as well as admiring said edition pictures on Google images. I heard my bedroom door open. I thought to myself "Who the fuck is that?"... all I saw was a silhouette of a tall man with a really nice hairdo. The figure turned on the light and all was revealed.

To my surprise it was Leon. He was carrying the Tablet cases that came with the premium edition. It was strange because I couldn't see him holding the game case but maybe he had it concealed in his jacket or pockets? He approached me and asked me a simple question: "Are you "Name of Customer"?". I nodded. He threw the tablet cases on the ground. I didn't really care. All I wanted was the jacket and game.

I assumed that the jacket he was wearing was my gift for buying the Premium Edition. He slowly took off the jacket and held it in front of me. "This is yours friend." he said. I grabbed it off him gently and sniffed it. There was that new car smell. I placed it on my bed softly and directed my attention towards him. I could only admire the jacket briefly because of what was in front of me as soon as he took off the jacket. It was his perfectly chiseled body. He stood there, with his back straight in a formal matter. His muscles were glistening in the light. His figure was absolutely outstanding. He told me: "You're not going to regret paying 1300 bucks...".

He grabbed me softly and tossed me onto my bed. I became dazed. He went on top of me and proceeded to do many kinky things. He told me that he wished to globally saturate me completely on my bed. I nodded and we continued. It lasted for hours. When he had finally climaxed, a circle like object popped out of him into the air. He grabbed it in a cool matter and handed it to me. "Here's your Resident Evil 6 game friend." he said. So that's where my game was?

He took himself off of me and got off my bed. He began to walk slowly out of my room. Right before leaving he rotated 180 degrees and snapped his finger at me. "Before I leave, I'd like to hear some words from you." he said. I told him that I enjoyed every second of it and wished for more. "That's great of you to say friend. I appreciate it. But there's something else I want to hear from you." He waved his hair in a sexy manner. It then hit me. I knew exactly what he wanted me to say. "That was 1300 dollars well spent Leon." I told him. He gave me a thumbs up and smiled. "'Name Of Customer', I will be returning to these x y z coordinates arbitrarily to spend more time with you in the future. I trust you don't mind?" I told him that he makes my kokoro go doki doki and gladly nodded at him. A big smile formed on my face.

He left my room in the coolest way possible and shut my door. I thought to myself maybe it's time to play the game but I remembered the jacket on my bed. I grabbed it and sniffed it until the next day. Not only does it have that new car smell... but it also carries the stench of Leon.

0_0; AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW.

Also, how do you unlock alternate costume? I've completed all 3 campaigns. Unless, of course you need to complete all 4 instead.

dark_chris

Shoot em in the head. =p They always go down fast for me.

Also, i seem to be having problems with this game. Im sure its just me, but in the subway/sewers for Leon, every time im about to exit, the game stops and says the game data is corrupted. =/ bummer.

Played Chapter 1 of Chris' campaign today. I wanna do this in the order someone posted earlier, but I couldn't find it (could someone repost it?). I plan to play a Chapter or two a day. I actually had a lot of fun with the first chapter. Me and my siblings just hung around and cracked jokes as I dived and ran at enemies with my knife and shit. It's pretty fun.

Are there any differences when playing as "The Partner" (Piers/Helena/Sherry) story-wise? Does Piers narrate or anything?

And someone posted it before, but holy shit, Piers is Ocelot:

tumblr_m8vg6tWfWr1rdln0lo2_1280.png

224201978_640.jpg

Jawmuncher

So I thought I post this here rather than in THAT other thread.
Gotta say I'm surprised on how the games being received by the consumer base.
Everyone I know who has picked it up despite reviews has come out enjoying it.

Hell even some who were paranoid after the review are liking it.
It really does look like the biggest issue was that the game just needed a bit more coat of polish more than anything. Reviewers ignored of course.

It's still very interesting to see such a game with a divide like this from reviewers and the actual consumer.

Replicant

Are there any differences when playing as "The Partner" (Piers/Helena/Sherry) story-wise? Does Piers narrate or anything?

I've read that there are certain emblems that are only reachable when you play as those characters. Not sure if it's true or not. Also, playing as Piers in Chapter 1 and Chapter 5 is to your advantage.

branny

Reading about how Leon makes your kokoro go doki doki made my night, thanks for that.

I've read that there are certain emblems that are only reachable when you play as those characters. Not sure if it's true or not. Also, playing as Piers in Chapter 1 and Chapter 5 is to your advantage.
Yes, it's true. In the Dragon's Dogma demo with Jake and Sherry (part of Jake Ch. 1 or 2, can't remember), playing as Sherry lets you get boosted up into an area that has an emblem.

Dusk Golem

Played Chapter 1 of Chris' campaign today. I wanna do this in the order someone posted earlier, but I couldn't find it (could someone repost it?). I plan to play a Chapter or two a day. I actually had a lot of fun with the first chapter. Me and my siblings just hung around and cracked jokes as I dived and ran at enemies with my knife and shit. It's pretty fun.

Order was made by me, but listed in the OP. It goes:

Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada's Campaign

And story-wise there aren't many differences outside of a few chapters, but in some chapters there are a big difference gameplay-wise depending on who you play as.

Dusk Golem

Actually, just because I like deducted list-making so much, these are the chapters where I think there's a big enough difference in both of the characters gameplay there may be incentive to go through it again just to see both perceptions and different gameplay scenarios:

Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4

And in each last chapter there is a preferred character to be if possible:
Leon Chapter 5 - Leon
Chris Chapter 5 - Piers
Jake Chapter 5 -Jake

There are other chapters where there are differences in what both characters are doing/where they go, but I feel the above four have the most dramatic changes.

Teknoman

Whoa so you have to go through the game with either character to get all emblems? Too bad they dont count when your teammate shoots it.

I'm only popping my head in here for a second because this thread has become a spoiler-infested joke, but I just wanted to thank Dusk Golem for his chronological order; I just finished Leon's first chapter and I'm in heaven.

I honestly, seriously, truly have no idea why this game is getting the scores it's been getting. It's not a horror game, that much is obvious from the outset. But it is a damn good game! Jake's Chapter 2 was really entertaining, a real change of pace from the rest of the game up until that point, and the latter half of Leon's first chapter was just mind-blowing. I honestly rank it as one of the most memorable levels I have played, it's that good. The sense of chaos is palatable.

Anyway I'm jumping right the fuck out of this thread before I get spoiled by people who don't understand the point of a spoiler tag, but I just wanted to rave about how great this game is. Fantastic.

Definitely. I know a lot of people are saying Chris' campaign doesn't get good until later, but I really dug the first two chapters. There's a lot of stuff that makes me go "Why would they do that? What're they thinking?" but there's so much that just works so damn well that I don't care about weird deaths.

Order was made by me, but listed in the OP. It goes:

Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada's Campaign

And story-wise there aren't many differences outside of a few chapters, but in some chapters there are a big difference gameplay-wise depending on who you play as.

Sounds good. Thanks guys! And I'll be playing according that list, ought to be cool.

wat |:

You're trolling me right?

Nope - I've already gotten all the different costumes from just playing the game.

Pretty sure all you have to do is S rank with which ever character you want to get the new costume for.

Carla
unlocks once you get all of the alt costumes.

EDIT: I think some characters are only unlocked when you finish specific campaigns too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

So...what, this is a fan fiction thread now?

Nori Chan

Nope - I've already gotten all the different costumes from just playing the game.

Pretty sure all you have to do is S rank with which ever character you want to get the new costume for.

Carla
unlocks once you get all of the alt costumes.

EDIT: I think some characters are only unlocked when you finish specific campaigns too.

So to get Sherry's alt colored costume I have to get an S rank with his alt costume? Is that what you're saying?

Nori Chan

I'm looking at all the pics on residentevil.net and I've already got them....

They're two different pictures though. They're different colors. If you go to the mercanaries character select screen and press right on a character, you'll see there alt costume. If you have the re colored costumes, then you can press right again.

Dusk Golem

The outfits you get for getting an A-Rank or higher as a character and the costume you get off RE.NET with RE Points are both the same basic costume (they even have the same load-out), but they have different colors. For Ada,
the outfit you unlock for getting an A-Rank or better with her is blue while the one you buy off of RE.NET is gold.

Nori Chan

The outfits you get for getting an A-Rank or higher as a character and the costume you get off RE.NET with RE Points are both the same basic costume (they even have the same load-out), but they have different colors. For Ada,
the outfit you unlock for getting an A-Rank or better with her is blue while the one you buy off of RE.NET is gold.

That's what I'm trying to tell him lol

Top Bottom