• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Halfmunch

Having a good time with co-op~ my brother and I think the game is absolutely hilarious! Other players showing up during intersections is pretty cool.

Nemesis_

Excellent.
Sounds easier than getting them in RE5 since Rank isn't involved.
Not to mention the achievement says you only need 3, so this is good news (Gonna grab them all anyway) so thank you for that info.

If you're achievement hunting, you have to get them all anyway. :p

d0c_zaius

well I said I'd be gone, but I have to take back some of my hate.

did the jake campaign with a random who was a good player. there are some rough parts, and some sloppy things...but its growing on me. sherry is awesome to play as for some reason.

its a shame. a proper tutorial or just explanation of things would go a long way to alleviate some frustrations people have. I think if they release a directors cut, with some added training or something, along with streamlining or tightening up of the content (some sections drag on a bit too long) add some Mercs DLC and it might be worth another go for the people that really couldnt get into it the first time. I also think if they called it something else like Rising a lot of people would be able to handle the drastic change in pacing, gameplay and scope of this RE vs others.

now im actually looking forward to finishing Leon and Chris's campaigns. I think I rose above the hate.

Ok how do you change costumes? I can't find it.
Also I'm missing one cutscene for Jake when I have all the others. Whats the deal with that?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Up to Chapter 4 with Chris. I am loving his campaign so far, though I didn't like
the helicopter boss
in ch. 3, and the camera focusing on something is really unneeded and is pretty much always clearly in front of you, but you can't wrestle control away.

Noi

Ok how do you change costumes? I can't find it.
Also I'm missing one cutscene for Jake when I have all the others. Whats the deal with that?

Costume change is only in mercenaries, unfortunately. You do so by hitting right when choosing your character.

I thought infinite ammo was available from the start? I saw the option to turn it on before I started Leon's campaign but I didn't activate it.

Only to turn it on if the player you get matched up with/invite has infinite ammo unlocked for his guns. You can't use it yourself until you've done so.

Spazznid

Up to Chapter 4 with Chris. I am loving his campaign so far, though I didn't like
the helicopter boss
in ch. 3, and the camera focusing on something is really unneeded and is pretty much always clearly in front of you, but you can't wrestle control away.

IIRC, there's a cool achievement for
using a magnum to shoot the driver
, but I'm not sure what chapter/character it may be for.

beastmode

Started with chapters 1 and 2 of Chris' campaign today. Had a great time. Me and my buddy are finding this a great change of pace after Borderlands 2 (unoffensive yet boring us to death.)

Feonix

Just finished Chris's campaign. I really enjoyed Chapter 3 onwards in his campaign. There's actually some fairly decent character and story development as his campaign moves on. It stops becoming random firefights and becomes an actual Resident Evil game. I enjoyed it a LOT. I still think Leon's campaign is my favorite so far, but I did really enjoy Chris's campaign, especially the kickass ending which I absolutely did NOT see coming. I have yet to play Jake's, but overall this is a solid game and I have no idea why people are hating on it. =(

Side note: Agent Hunt is mad fun. =)

Nemesis_

I will be!
Have all 3 versions of RE5 100% complete (Including versus stuff)
So I plan on doing the same here. What achievement correlates with getting them all?

The emblems.

I am the same as you! Even with RE4 HD and CVX HD too ^_^

I like to 100% my favourite franchises.

Noi

IIRC, there's a cool achievement for
using a magnum to shoot the driver
, but I'm not sure what chapter/character it may be for.

It's for Jake. Chris and Piers has to deal with the dumb boss fights no matter what.

Son of a bitch. That would have been nice to know when I beat it today.
KuGsj.gif

Well, I'm done with Weapon Master and most of the weapon-specific trophies. I'll get to work on the emblems tomorrow.

Nemesis_

A question about the general series continuity (tying it in with a cutscenes in Chris II)

Does anyone find it strange that
Chris wouldn't know who Ada Wong was? Wasn't he friends with Leon? Wouldn't she have been mentioned at least a few times when it came to bio terrorism or at least Umbrella / Tricell discussions in the BSAA?

Ahhh Yeah

*High Five*

Maybe one day we'll be 1000ing Dino Crisis ;_;

I bought the costume off Residentevil.net but yeah doesn't seem to be selectable on my game.... grrrrrr
restart your game or try hitting auto update again.

I thought infinite ammo was available from the start? I saw the option to turn it on before I started Leon's campaign but I didn't activate it.
you have to buy the skill for whatever gun you want infinite after completing all the campaigns.

Beat Leon's campaign last night and I've now moved on to Chris'. So far, it's been a great experience. The game has a bunch of enemy types, varied locales, an entertaining story, multiple slick HUDs, cool lighting and some fairly solid control systems. Count me in for someone who enjoys the melee system. Nothing like a pop to the chest, followed up by a skull exploding round house.

I know this will bother some folks but, I love tripping! Gone is the idea of blasting through a stage at full speed with little, to no punishment. Now, you'll be dashing along, trip over a corpse, then proceed to be pounced on and chewed up for, "sloppy play". I love that you have to plan a route though the maps. Even on maps with no confrontations, planning a course of action feels great and ultimately, adds another layer to speed running.

But that's not to say it's all rainbows and lollipops. As far as the camera is concerned, it's not that camera is too close, it's that the camera is affected by the game's geometry. There hasn't been a single game with a physical camera system that makes sense. I just love having the game's camera cram inside of my characters body when I'm too close to a wall/fence/tree/whatever all the while surrounded by enemies and/or deathtraps trying to murder me. I loathe physical cameras.

The QTEs, I don't mind so much. That one "break loose" (or whatever it's called) skill helps quite a bit with the close quarters encounters. If I'm not mistaken it cuts the number of button taps in half, so you take less damage and you break free faster.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in here and drop some impressions. I'm sure I'll be back after I've gone through the whole game.

Have fun!

Jawmuncher

A question about the general series continuity (tying it in with a cutscenes in Chris II)

Does anyone find it strange that
Chris wouldn't know who Ada Wong was? Wasn't he friends with Leon? Wouldn't she have been mentioned at least a few times when it came to bio terrorism or at least Umbrella / Tricell discussions in the BSAA?

Maybe one day we'll be 1000ing Dino Crisis ;_;

Someday soon I hope.....someday soon.

Spazznid

I finished the Main three campaigns now.

I enjoyed Jake's the most both solo and in split-screen. Leon's was great, but playing the first few solo was annoying at times. Chris' was the worst solo, but in Coop, it was GREAT. As for endings, Chris' was my favorite, followed by Jake and then Leon.

Gonna finish up with the
Last Campaign
tomorrow and then go for S rank on all Merc maps.

THEN, I'll be playing Zombie Merc maps a lot during the online RE.net event, to kill tons of zombies. REALLY enjoying this game.

At the moment, I have enough points to buy two costumes on RE.net, but I'm hesitant, considering they're all alt. color variations of already attainable costumes, and I want to wait and see if DLC and/or the
Classic
costumes are going to be purchase-able through RE.net...

I finished the Main three campaigns now.

I enjoyed Jake's the most both solo and in split-screen. Leon's was great, but playing the first few solo was annoying at times. Chris' was the worst solo, but in Coop, it was GREAT. As for endings, Chris' was my favorite, followed by Jake and then Leon.

Gonna finish up with the
Last Campaign
tomorrow and then go for S rank on all Merc maps.

THEN, I'll be playing Zombie Merc maps a lot during the online RE.net event, to kill tons of zombies. REALLY enjoying this game.

At the moment, I have enough points to buy two costumes on RE.net, but I'm hesitant, considering they're all alt. color variations of already attainable costumes, and I want to wait and see if DLC and/or the
Classic
costumes are going to be purchase-able through RE.net...
the points are so easy to get I wouldn't worry about holding off.

News Bot

Banned
So uhh, the actual complete files on RE.net sort of hint heavily towards a sequel.

"The Family kept a close eye on Simmons after he was injected with the C-Virus. The FOS was able to intercept part of a message from one of The Family's members during this period.
---
Derek is done for. The mutation is getting worse and worse. He looks uglier than any J'avo I've ever seen.
Since all he cares about now is going after some woman, we've decided to relieve him of his position. We'll have to pick someone else to lead The Family."

"The Family kept a close eye on Simmons after he was injected with the C-Virus. The FOS was able to intercept part of a message from one of The Family's members during this period.
---
Derek has lost his mind to the mutation, so all that needs to happen now is for the government to kill him. What was he injected with? It seemed to be based off of the C-Virus, but I've never seen a mutation like that. It must have been something that Ada cooked up with Neo-Umbrella. If we could get a sample of it, we could do some research. I'll have to get some of our people on this."

Nemesis_

Just bring back an
Excella clone
please. I want some ridiculous villains again. :p

Although seriously, if they wanted to, they could use the C-Virus as a means to
bring back Wesker as well
as ridiculous as that would be.

Noi

Just bring back an
Excella clone
please. I want some ridiculous villains again. :p

Although seriously, if they wanted to, they could use the C-Virus as a means to
bring back Wesker as well
as ridiculous as that would be.

Jake vs Wesker, hand to hand combat only, final destination

Take my money, Capcom.

So I'm halfway through all three campaigns and this game is getting a lot of undeserved crap, Is it a true Resident Evil game? No
But its a pretty good action game? Yes
Its way over the top and fun, a lot like the movies, I think because of the success of the RE movies we will never see a true survival horror RE game again
And that sucks, but on the other side, with some good tweaks RE could become a great zombie action horror series in the future

The last Jake chapter was a bit disappointing but his campaign was awesome overall, I think my favorite. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses. I cant believe over 20 hours in and I still have another campaign to go, incredible amount on content, new content too, most of it doesn't repeat.

I played a bunch of Agent Hunt mode tonight. Amateur difficulty should be outlawed from this mode, its complete BULLSHIT. The agents are unkillable. I set the search for veteran or higher but get no search results. When I do get in its almost always Leon Leon Leon. This mode is so addicting though.

Trigger

I like variety that doing the chronological order brings. Switching back and forth between the play styles of the three campaigns is great. About Leon 3's story tho:
a fucking mutant shark? really? really? RE is testing my patience at how ridiculous the scenarios can be.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I like variety that doing the chronological order brings. Switching back and forth between the play styles of the three campaigns is great. About Leon 3's story tho:
a fucking mutant shark? really? really? RE is testing my patience at how ridiculous the scenarios can be.

Did you play RE1?

Lucent

Why's that so hard to believe? They had Neptune (sharks) in the original RE. And all the stuff they experiment on, I wouldn't be surprised. They gotta cover everything right? Gotta kill those people who swim in the water. lol. But I haven't seen this shark yet so...I dunno.

Did you play RE1?

edit: Beaten >_<

Err... you haven't played the first game in the series, have you?

edit 2: Twice. wow.

I loved that part. This has to be one of the most over the top games ever.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Why's that so hard to believe? They had Neptune (sharks) in the original RE. And all the stuff they experiment on, I wouldn't be surprised. They gotta cover everything right? Gotta kill those people who swim in the water. lol. But I haven't seen this shark yet so...I dunno.

The mutant shark part wasn't what got me (as we've had sharks in the series since the first game), but the fact you fight the shark on a waterslide as you and it go sliding down while doing battle. Was awesome but completely over the top.

The mutant shark part wasn't what got me (as we've had sharks in the series since the first game), but the fact you fight the shark on a waterslide as you and it go sliding down while doing battle. Was awesome but completely over the top.

Agreed but really the whole game is full of moments like this. I mean
The Ustanak jumping from helicopter to helicopter, the avalanche scene, and well the list can go on and on.

Yes, I have thank you very much. :p

The whole scene just felt goofy after the Deborah/Helena stuff and the catacombs. I know of the Neptunes, but something about this encounter just made me laugh. I can only imagine how crazy the game gets to top that.

You have seen NOTHING yet.

Jawmuncher

Jake vs Wesker, hand to hand combat only, final destination

Take my money, Capcom.

I would absolutely love that to happen.
I'm sorry but im all for the over the top stuff when it comes to the characters themselves, and that would be hell of memorable.

News Bot

Banned
Yes, I have thank you very much. :p

The whole scene just felt goofy after the Deborah/Helena stuff and the catacombs. I know of the Neptunes, but something about this encounter just made me laugh. I can only imagine how crazy the game gets to top that.

Ahh point taken.

As I suspected, the localization of the game is balls and there's a bit of information missing from the English files. They confirm that the BSAA's European headquarters covered up Ada's involvement in Damnation, for example. There is even MORE text in the original Japanese that is just inexplicably missing from the English.

nOoblet16

I'm genuinely intrigued. The next chapters are Jake 3 and Chris 3 according to the suggestion in the OP. I expect my mind to be thoroughly fucked.

Thanks for spoiling the chapter for me.

It's been mentioned so many times in the past pages without spoiler tags.
And neither does it has anything to do with the plot, I don't see the issue.

It's like saying there's a Tank in Chapter 2 Chris, yea that totally spoils that chapter I guess.

Bumhead

Banned
Just got to Leon Chapter 2,
outside the entrance to the cathedral. The fight scene there is causing me some problems. Those enemies that look a bit like Lickers are a bastard.

Trigger

It's been mentioned so many times in the past pages without spoiler tags.
And neither does it has anything to do with the plot, I don't see the issue.

It's like saying there's a Tank in Chapter 2 Chris, yea that totally spoils that chapter I guess.

I hope it's nothing then. A good chunk of this game's fun so far has been the different set pieces and crazy sequences; knowing about them ahead of time can be a downer. If people already brought it up then I didn't see it.

Alright Im getting pissed off. Ada chapter 1
I keep dying when you have to turn the valve to stop the water. Every single time on the run back I drown. I'm holding x the hole time, I'm sliding pass the enemy, and I dash when crawling and still die. I've got to be on my 15th try by now.
Somone please tell me there is a faster way to do this.

*edit* Ok nevermind I got it.
I didn't have to keep triggering the cut scene that shows where the valve is, you can just go straight to it.

Top Bottom