• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Nemesis_

My thoughts exactly.
Her appearance was ever changing from minute to minute at that point

It's the first part where I thought it didn't make sense. Though I never saw Chris as being the sharpest tool in the shed tbh

Then again I suppose the bigger mistake was that this character was wearing
the same clothes about six months after Chris last saw her

Replicant

It's the first part where I thought it didn't make sense. Though I never saw Chris as being the sharpest tool in the shed tbh

Then again I suppose the bigger mistake was that this character was wearing
the same clothes about six months after Chris last saw her

I'm more upset with the fact that
they never clear up her name. I don't want Chris to think that she was the one who killed his men

Nemesis_

I'm more upset with the fact that
they never clear up her name. I don't want Chris to think that she was the one who killed his men

I assume / hope that will be cleared up in the debriefing.

OH SHIT, I just realised the only one who would know about
Carla Radames
would be Ada. =/

big_z

played through the first two chapters of leons campaign co-op. other than some cheap deaths like the train and ambulance im not seeing the shit aspect of the game. it's not as polished as previous games in the series but for the most part it plays like a faster RE5 with more options to dodge. maybe the shit still to come but so far so good.

Esura

Banned
I assume / hope that will be cleared up in the debriefing.

OH SHIT, I just realised the only one who would know about
Carla Radames
would be Ada. =/

Leon would take up for her. She did
help his ass when he fought Simmons.

Nemesis_

I've decided that my favourite endgame is definitely Chris'.

While Leon's is longer and has more fanservice in the way that you've got
Ada and Leon working together and some really cool banter between them during combat
, the use of
HAOS as a final boss battle feels much more Resident Evil like than anything else in the game.

Did anyone else seem to think that Jake's endgame
was oddly reminiscent of Wesker's death too?

Nemesis_

Leon would take up for her. She did
help his ass when he fought Simmons.

But realistically, wouldn't everyone just be like
OH LEON, WE'VE HEARD THIS TWICE BEFORE WE KNOW WHAT SHE'S REALLY LIKE BRO

or something to that effect? :p

I also wonder if Leon put the pieces together after seeing the VHS tape.

Esura

Banned

If it was anyone else but Leon I think that would of been a common reply. Him and Chris has been elevated to some godly badass status in the minds of people in the RE universe so I don't think they would question his word too much aside from Chris.

I don't think anyone would have any grudges against Ada except for Chris, since he didn't know it wasn't Ada, when you think about it. Simmons essentially got the blame for the entire incident and she probably have enough connections to keep her name drops to a minimum. Would probably end up exonerated from any wrong doing pertaining to the China or Tall Oaks incident.

Oh, and did anyone use up their points on RE.net? I got tired of hoarding them so I used them for costumes and dioramas. Points are easy to come by anyway if you just play campaign.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A difficulty setting as DLC? Wtfffff

It's weird, since the guide lists it as an unlockable but it doesn't seem to be unlocked via how the guide says it is.

I have my own theory now that it might be a future RE.NET award, but we'll have to see.

Carbonox

So how does this costume malarkey on RE.net work? Do you buy the costume and it will sync up with your game profile and somehow adds the costume to your game?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So how does this costume malarkey on RE.net work? Do you buy the costume and it will sync up with your game profile and somehow adds the costume to your game?

Essentially. When you purchase it off RE.NET, either restart your game or sync it up and it'll tell you that you unlocked the outfit.

Esura

Banned
What's the point of the dioramas again? Its not even showing up on my profile page now. I just randomly bought a bunch of them for no reason with my points. I think I only got 10000 points left.

Chris campaing is cool as an action game, sometimes I feel the chapters are too long but it's ok.

I'm not the only one that is tired about Ada and Leon, right?, I love both characters but the way
the "love" story" it's progressing it's just frustrating, in every game or movie it's always the same, it's Leon drooling for her, she acts cool and see ya in 3 or 4 years. It was ok for two games but now it's getting old

Replicant

Moar like
OH LEON SHE'S JUST COCKTEASIN' YOU, YOU POOR SAP.

Although I was amused at how much of Leon/Ada shipper Helena ended up being.

Also, you'd think Leon would have figured it out when he saw buck-nekkid Carla came out of the coocon. Since he's seen adult Ada prior to the video, one would think a light would have flickered in his noggin that's not how babbies are formed

so do campaign saves only work per chapter if you change campaigns? ie any saved mid-chapter progress gets wiped?

I did a long section for a new chapter, and now game has saved as I started a whole new area

I'd like to mix things up by starting a more action oriented campaign but I dont want to redo that first part of the chapter

Is it impossible to start a new game when a current game is in progress? I want to try this out but my brother has already started the game and I can't see a new game text when I tried to start playing. I don't want to select chapters or continue my brother's game.

Any help? Thanks.

Feindflug

It's weird, since the guide lists it as an unlockable but it doesn't seem to be unlocked via how the guide says it is.

I have my own theory now that it might be a future RE.NET award, but we'll have to see.

Or a free DLC difficulty setting like they did with Dragon's Dogma.

BTW do we have any information when a Mercs DLC will come out? it's a shame we only got 3 maps. :(

I didn't appreciate that...

Chapter spoilers
You essentialy play the same section with Team Chris and then with Team Sherry (with the two gigantic guys in the snowy battlefield).

Does this happen again in the game? It's ok if you spoil it, thanks!

Carbonox

Chapter spoilers
You essentialy play the same section with Team Chris and then with Team Sherry (with the two gigantic guys in the snowy battlefield).

Anytime there is a gameplay segment where you
meet another pair of characters, you'll be doing that same segment in their campaign too

Just played my first run and beat Jake's part of the game with my brother, sure the story wasn't great and no survival horror stuff but man was it fun, and that's what really matters.

Sorry for repeating but, how do I start a new game when a current game is present? i don't see a "new game" option and I don't want to select a chapter or continue.

What are the chapters that have the
4 player coop?

Well, everytime you meet
other of the protagonist teams, that is a 4 player co-op segment
. You have to activate "anyone can join" in the menu before starting the game. The game then tries to
find other team of people playing that segment at the same time, to match you

Jawmuncher

Well, everytime you meet
other of the protagonist teams, that is a 4 player co-op segment
. You have to activate "anyone can join" in the menu before starting the game. The game then tries to
find other team of people playing that segment at the same time, to match you

Ohh ok.
I was thinking it was a whole chapter where 4 people run around,
Regardless thanks for the info.

ironcreed

Banned
played through the first two chapters of leons campaign co-op. other than some cheap deaths like the train and ambulance im not seeing the shit aspect of the game. it's not as polished as previous games in the series but for the most part it plays like a faster RE5 with more options to dodge. maybe the shit still to come but so far so good.

That is how I felt at first. Keep playing and you will see a lot of the ugliness rear it's head. I did like Leon's campaign more than not, though. It's Chris's campaign that sent the game over a cliff for me.

Chapter spoilers

Well, I find that amazing, considering CO-OP intersection exists. So if you play on ALLOW on the partner join, you'll be able to co-op with people doing the other campaign.

Ryuuga

Banned
I started playing this game tonight with some friends.

We had two PS3s and two TVs. We played via PSN.

However, we were dropped twice during the evening and it kind of forced us to quit the game and resume from an earlier checkpoint.

I thought the coop was drop in/drop out. Is it only local? If not, how can I (re)invite my friend in my game without having to quit?

Same question, but hopefully there is a response this time. Is there a way to re-invite while still in-game. A necessity for the amount dropouts we experience.

Same question, but hopefully there is a response this time. Is there a way to re-invite while still in-game. A necessity for the amount dropouts we experience.

I don't think there is! I have also searched for the option to invite a friend mid-game, but it seems it's gone?

online is broken on ps3 right now. Seems like capcom did not expect many players despite shipping 4.5 million units.

Tell me about it. Last night, I was playing Mercenaries, in the middle of a sweet 120-combo (my highest yet!), with Limit-Breaker ability equipped, a capable random partner and a grin on my face... poof. "There is a connection error" or something like that, and got disconnected.

I wanted to kick some magazine racks, but there were none around, so I went to sleep.

Reikon

There doesn't seem to be any way to reinvite if someone drops. However, random people can still join the game if it was set to public. It's pretty stupid.

Ryuuga

Banned
I don't think there is! I have also searched for the option to invite a friend mid-game, but it seems it's gone?

images

There doesn't seem to be any way to reinvite if someone drops. However, random people can still join the game if it was set to public. It's pretty stupid.

So basically if my friend drops out and I have my partner join option set to "allow" there is no option for him to be able to find my game again unless by chance?

I want to believe they just missed that and will implement it. I mean, in RE5 i simply pressed triangle on one person of my friend list to reinvite.

Daigoro

so do campaign saves only work per chapter if you change campaigns? ie any saved mid-chapter progress gets wiped?

I did a long section for a new chapter, and now game has saved as I started a whole new area

I'd like to mix things up by starting a more action oriented campaign but I dont want to redo that first part of the chapter

if you dont continue, your mid chapter save will get wiped.

on 360 you can invite via party options. not sure about PS3.

Sectus

Digging more through text files, here's some more info about the DLC modes:

Onslaught: Sounds similar to Slayers from RE5 in that's it's basically a competitive mercenaries, but it's played on 2 seperate maps. You can cash in your combo to send more enemies to your opponent's stage. There's a medal for killing your opponent with monsters you sent by cashing in combo. And a medal for sending all possible monsters, so I guess there's a maximum. You can send normal enemies and hidden bosses to your opponent. I think this mode is 2 players maximum.

Survivors: Similar to last man standing, supports both free for all and team based. Goal is to defeat other players. When dying you spawn as a monster, you can kill 2 players to spawn as a human character again. There's mentions of using enemy points to spawn as a tougher enemy, I dunno if that's for this mode or something else. Amount of points earned depends on weapon used. Whenever you get hurt, other players get to know your position. When there's one human player left, he wins.

Predator mode: One player is Ustanak, other players have to kill him as normal characters. Melees work better than weapons to rescue players from Ustanak. You can respawn when playing as a human character, but it is game over if all players are dead at the same time (I think Ustanak also wins if time runs out). As Ustanak, you can can switch between different arms (claw arm, wrecking ball arm and shotgun arm).

Siege mode: Team based hostage mode. One team play as monsters, other team play as human characters protecting civilians. As a monster, you can accumulate enemy points in order to spawn as tougher monsters. Human players can give orders to civilians. Enemy creatures respawn very quickly. Monster players get to know position of civilians when they are hurt. There are bonus crystals you can destroy, I don't know what they are for.

I have no idea which of these modes also feature AI monsters. If it's like RE5, they all will. All modes are playable on all 10 mercenary maps. Some of my info may be incorrect as it's sometimes hard to tell which info is for which mode.

I've already listed this, but just to complete the post, here's the list of all DLC for the game:
Code:
The extra content  Survivors Mode  is now available for download.

The extra content  Onslaught Mode  is now available for download.

The extra content  Predator Mode  is now available for download.

The extra content  Siege Mode  is now available for download.

[spoiler]Ada's Campaign with Co-op  is now available for download.[/spoiler]

The additional difficulty  No Hope (Hardest Difficulty)  is now available for download.

Stage Map Pack A  is now available for download.

Stage Map Pack B  is now available for download.

All Stage Maps Bundle  is now available for download.

All Modes Bundle  is now available for download.

The Rail Yard Stage Map  is now available for download.

The  Requiem for War  stage map is now available for download.

The  Urban Chaos  stage map is now available for download.

The  Mining the Depths  stage map is now available for download.

High Seas Fortress Stage Map  is now available for download.

The Catacombs Stage Map  is now available for download.

The  Steel Beast  stage map is now available for download.

The  Rooftop Mission  stage map is now available for download.

The  Creature Workshop  stage map is now available for download.

The  Liquid Fire  stage map is now available for download.

By the way, the coop partner for
Ada's campaign
is The Agent. I assume he's unlocked for mercenaries once you buy that DLC. Every mercs map is listed individually for DLC which is a bit strange since 3 of them comes with the game. I guess they weren't sure how many maps would be in the game proper.

I have to say that the multiplayer modes sounds like they would be really fun. I like how they're all pretty unique. Predator reminds me of the one mode in Lost Planet Colonies where you could play as monsters, and that was really fun. I kinda wish some of these modes would be playable as a coop mode too (like Siege and Predator), but that's nitpicking really.

Although I really wish Capcom would have just added this to the game to begin with. 10 maps would have given mercenaries a larger appeal and the multiplayer modes sounds like a lot of fun, so it could have helped with some of the negative reviews. The files in the game to point to everything being finished already even though there's missing files for the remaining maps and modes.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sorry for repeating but, how do I start a new game when a current game is present? i don't see a "new game" option and I don't want to select a chapter or continue.

What if you created a new user account on the PS3? That would let you start your own save file without interfering with the existing one, wouldn't it?

Afrocious

Holy crap that sounds awesome. I agree with you. Hell, I wish at least half of all that was in the release copy of the game.

Also, it's relieving to see that others were having connection issues on PSN with the game. My friend dropped while I was recording a playthrough. I also lost a really good Merc player in the middle of a 100+ combo on Urban Chaos (I was Chris and the player was default Helena. The person and I kept thanking each other with stupid thumb ups while owning. If you're on GAF, please add me cause you were fucking awesome.)

My PSN is Afrodeeziyak. I am cool. I don't bite. If anyone is into RE6 please add me. Now I only have Urban Chaos unlocked and I can't even comprehend how folks are getting over a million points in Mercs, but I can get a S rank. I'm also planning on getting all the trophies, even if I have to play all the campaigns a hundred times over.

Top Bottom