• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

ironcreed

Banned
as I said before, PS3 version has online completely broken atm. It's like the servers crashed or something

Well, there goes that plan. I was going to give Agent Hunt mode a whirl today. Looks like that will be put on hold. Maybe it will be straightened out by tonight.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
sigh, i only play this co op with my brother and the servers crapped out... was gonna do chris's campaign but i guess ill wait another day, and in the weekend too. so salty.

Sectus

I hope they do character DLC, id much rather have new characters than maps.

Counting everything once it's unlocked, you do get 9 characters (although 2 of them are virtually identical) with a total of 16 unique weapon load outs. I definitely think more maps is more important since you get only 3 in the base game even though you have so many characters. New characters down the line would be nice though. I really like the characters they added in RE5 reunion. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they simply reused characters from RE5 as DLC for RE6.

Counting everything once it's unlocked, you do get 9 characters (although 2 of them are virtually identical) with a total of 16 unique weapon load outs. I definitely think more maps is more important since you get only 3 in the base game even though you have so many characters. New characters down the line would be nice though. I really like the characters they added in RE5 reunion. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they simply reused characters from RE5 as DLC for RE6.
Thats all I need.
BSAA Jill, Rebecca, Barry, STARS Wesker maybe Josh and Sheva.
we need STARS Chris and RPD Leon, not
retro versions

im extremely disappointed in the costumes in this. Sherry and Helena's are the only cool ones.
I like Chris' winter costume but being map specific sucks.

If it was anyone else but Leon I think that would of been a common reply. Him and Chris has been elevated to some godly badass status in the minds of people in the RE universe so I don't think they would question his word too much aside from Chris.

I don't think anyone would have any grudges against Ada except for Chris, since he didn't know it wasn't Ada, when you think about it. Simmons essentially got the blame for the entire incident and she probably have enough connections to keep her name drops to a minimum. Would probably end up exonerated from any wrong doing pertaining to the China or Tall Oaks incident.

Oh, and did anyone use up their points on RE.net? I got tired of hoarding them so I used them for costumes and dioramas. Points are easy to come by anyway if you just play campaign.

I thought that in leaving behind
that info, Ada
would not only prove
Simmons' guilt
and
exonerate Leon regarding the President
there would be enough in there to suggest said character wasn't responsible for what was happening. And, of course, Chris watched as
"Ada" had her head splashed across the ship deck
, so anything he hears from Leon about
Ada
after that will certainly have his attention.

I'm not the only one that is tired about Ada and Leon, right?, I love both characters but the way
the "love" story" it's progressing it's just frustrating, in every game or movie it's always the same, it's Leon drooling for her, she acts cool and see ya in 3 or 4 years. It was ok for two games but now it's getting old

And regarding Leon and Ada there were lots of small moments, including on Ada's side (like the
look of concern and then joking how she has become "Mr. Kennedy's" bodyguard in Ada's helicopter sequence, the usual kiss-laden rocket launcher, getting knocked flat out saving him, "wish I could stay longer", "so cute"etc
). These two are favorites (among favorites), but yes I'd like to see them
stop being scripted to stay apart whenever they show up next. Though it does make sense ultimately that they held back here, given that Leon is legitimately confused with who he is protecting/reviving in the end, and given what he's heard she has done, plus being told by Chris that she was dead.

Vaati

Banned
I finished Leon's campaign last night.

I really liked the game. It's definitely very different than 4 and 5 though. Levels feel a lot more linear. The atmosphere was still really great though. I love how most of the enemies are normal zombies. About the levels,
I really liked the underwater segment. It felt like I was playing Revelations haha.
I really enjoyed the boss battles with
Simmons. Those were a lot of fun. The final boss was pretty tough though, imo. I didn't know I was supposed to stick the lightning rod in his face.

There is a lot of great dialogue as well.
My favorite part was when Ada gives Leon the ring and tells him not to get the wrong idea.

What's the infamous QTE in Leon's campaign? None of the QTEs stood out to me as horrible.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Nearing the end of Ada... RE6 is one of the best games I've ever played.

Better than RE5 and RE4. Better than 95% of the stuff I played this gen. I can count on one hand the games I think are as good as RE6.

Fortunately, despite the backlash, it will sell 10 bazillion copies and we will have another game. I hope it's the same people. I think they are brilliant.

Better than RE5 and RE4. Better than 95% of the stuff I played this gen. I can count on one hand the games I think are as good as RE6.

Fortunately, despite the backlash, it will sell 10 bazillion copies and we will have another game. I hope it's the same people. I think they are brilliant.
Oh boy.

I woke up early today after being up late last night JUST to play some co-op with a friend, and the servers appear to be down on PS3. I am not happy.

Dammit Capcom, fix this shit! I love this game and I want to finish the damn campaigns :(

Dave1988

Welp, this puppy has gone off the deep end.

Let's just hope this time the technical department does a better job though. Many subtle things, such as not being able to invite a person once the game started going to the xmb and inviting that friend... or also how if you don't find a match on agent hunt it throws you allt he way back so you have to set your skill and difficulty choice over, and over, and over... when a retry prompt would work much better. Those are the things I cannot accept on such a big dev team.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What's the infamous QTE in Leon's campaign? None of the QTEs stood out to me as horrible.
Supposedly the rope QTE.

Which I find kind of sad as it wasn't even REMOTELY difficult. I can't imagine how anyone had trouble with it. It's very clear what you need to do (if you look at the button prompts).

I agree though I wouldn't say better exactly, but definitely more enjoyable.
1. REmake
2. Revelations
3. RE1
4. RE6
5. RE5
6. RE2 = RE3
7. RECV
8. RE4
9. RE0

list is based mostly on enjoyment.

Vidiot

I figured I'd go Chris, Jake, Leon to get the action heavy parts out of the way first and save the more horror parts for last. Anyway I just finished Chris's and while it wasn't anything mind blowing I really enjoyed a lot of it. Honestly the first chapter and a half were boring as shit to me but after that it really picked up. The stand out parts IMO were
anytime you had to fight those big ass things, the part in the ship that had those Ooze looking enemies, the part were you flew the jet was kinda cool, and the whole chase/fight with the final boss was really cool.

Evolved1

Supposedly the rope QTE.

Which I find kind of sad as it wasn't even REMOTELY difficult. I can't imagine how anyone had trouble with it. It's very clear what you need to do (if you look at the button prompts).

Those prompts were a flashing mess that made no sense.

Evolved1

So... do you only get to have one skill during mercs? Or can you have all eight?

Don't really understand this menu.

JRW

It amazes me how low some people rank RE4. By far the best in the series IMO (havent played RE6 yet).

So... do you only get to have one skill during mercs? Or can you have all eight?

Don't really understand this menu.
the 8 are slots so you can change it from the match menu.
only 1 at a time.
campaign skills are 3 per slot.

It amazes me how low some people rank RE4. By far the best in the series IMO (havent played RE6 yet).
best gameplay, horrible story.
at the time I also didn't like Leon's personality change outside of his new VA.

Nemesis_

I think RE4 is good but with repeated playthroughs, especially in recent years, I personally don't feel it holds up as much.

I seriously think it's just a TAD overrated through rose tinted glasses.

Nemesis_

Seemed as good as ever to me playing the 360 version last year.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ALERT

I played it heaps, to the point of 1000ing it.

Something just didn't feel right. I guess I just prefer RE5 because it's pretty much RE4, just with more Resident Evil esque elements. I felt it had better fanservice in that regard.

Trigger

I'm towards the end of chapter for 5 for Jake and
I want to do so many terrible things to the Capcom employee who decided to design this lava pit boss fight.

Esura

Banned
I'm towards the end of chapter for 5 for Jake and
I want to do so many terrible things to the Capcom employee who decided to design this lava pit boss fight.

Dude,
I love that fight. Ustanak was the only "fun" final boss fight in the game. Leon's boss goes on way too long and Chris' boss is too damn easy even by my standards.

Nemesis_

Dude,
I love that fight. Ustanak was the only "fun" final boss fight in the game. Leon's boss goes on way too long and Chris' boss is too damn easy even by my standards.

I didn't like Leon V's boss because
it was too long, like you said, but I felt it was redeemed by the interactions between Leon and Ada. Then again I am a psychotic Resident Evil fan.

I think that Chris V's boss
is somewhat easy, you're right, but the final phase was made artifically hard by limiting ammo. I also thought that the idea of destroying it's coccoon form to impede development was a cool touch and felt a bit different to SHOOT UNTIL IT DIES

Trigger

:( What didn't you like about it? I didn't mind it at all.

Dude,

My timing was terrible.
It took me forever to get the pattern down. Each time Ustanak hit me with the wrecking ball it was like a punch to my soul.

Esura

Banned
I thought that in leaving behind
that info, Ada
would not only prove
Simmons' guilt
and
exonerate Leon regarding the President
there would be enough in there to suggest said character wasn't responsible for what was happening. And, of course, Chris watched as
"Ada" had her head splashed across the ship deck
, so anything he hears from Leon about
Ada
after that will certainly have his attention.

You know, it could be that too. Guess we have to wait and see til RE7 with Jake and Sherry as the main characters...with no other playable characters in campaign.

I didn't like Leon V's boss because
it was too long, like you said, but I felt it was redeemed by the interactions between Leon and Ada. Then again I am a psychotic Resident Evil fan.

I think that Chris V's boss
is somewhat easy, you're right, but the final phase was made artifically hard by limiting ammo. I also thought that the idea of destroying it's coccoon form to impede development was a cool touch and felt a bit different to SHOOT UNTIL IT DIES

In that case
you would love Ada's campaign too.

You got a point with Chris' boss.
Being one of the few non bullet sponging boss fights was definitely a relief in a way.

Nemesis_

In that case
you would love Ada's campaign too.

Oh, I finished the game way before official release and I think I'm heading to fifty hours now.

Ada's campaign was my favourite. I love her, she's easily my favourite character in the franchise. More so after RE6.

Carbonox

Jake's final chapter is so awesome. Fuck the haters. ;P

Where would I rank this game? I love and hate it like I love and hate Resident Evil 5, though the latter has a better story and gameplay but the former has a great cast and some amazing environments.

Resident Evil 4
REmake
Resident Evil - CODE: Veronica X
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 6

This list is based on quality of the games.

If I were to make one based on fun factor then:

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
*INSERT ANY OTHER TITLES*

Noi

I just joined a random Leon's game as a zombie dog. Took less than a minute to track down, leap onto and destroy the Leon player as the other person playing Helena tried to help him, all on one life.

I fucking love this game.

Evolved1

I just joined a random Leon's game as a zombie dog. Took less than a minute to track down, leap onto and destroy the Leon player as the other person playing Helena tried to help him, all on one life.

I fucking love this game.

Agent Hunt is brilliant... they need to get some of the connection issues sorted out though. And it's a little cumbersome getting in/out of games.

Playing as the monsters is so fun.

Spasm

Supposedly the rope QTE.

It was awkward for about 15 seconds, but after getting the hang of it... I was like, a minute ahead of the boss. I was cramming my head up Helena's ass for about 20 seconds before the cut-scene triggered.

Noi

Agent Hunt is brilliant... they need to get some of the connection issues sorted out though. And it's a little cumbersome getting in/out of games.

Playing as the monsters is so fun.

I hate when I spawn as the regular zombies, but anything else is incredibly fun to play as. I just finished a game where I spawned as a Rasklapanje during the Jake/Sherry segment where
they have to activate the elevator by turning on the power switches on different levels
and they didn't even make it out of the first room without me locking them BOTH into a corner using my upper and lower bodies (and AI controlled hand, of course.)

My only complaint about the mode really is I wish "Quick Match" wasn't the only option to play a game. I'd like to be able to pick and choose where I want to play. :( That and Quick Match not finding a game kicking you back to the Extra Content menu, ick.

theDeeDubs

Finished up Leon's last night and almost done with Jake's today. I am having a blast with Jake. Once I got a feel for the controls, I've been racking up A's with Jake. His Chapter 3 has been my favorite so far. I really hope he's the focus of 7.

I've been watching some streams of this and man if people don't spend more time bitching about the game than actually playing it. And when they do actually play, they try and play it like it's Gears or something and run out of ammo and die with the inevitable "man this game sucks" followed shortly after. It reminds me of the Vanguard bitching when ME 2 came out.

How's the loading for everyone? I'm playing the digital PS 3 version, and I don't even have time to read any of the tips during them.

nOoblet16

About Jake and Chris

Why the hell is Jake so angry at Chris for killing Wesker? he never knew his father and when he did he despised him, and now he's suddenly feeling for his father even after knowing what he was and what he did ? Inconsistencies inconsistencies ! Making a scenario just for the sake of him being Wesker's son and Chris being the one who killed him.

Carbonox

About Jake and Chris

Why the hell is Jake so angry at Chris for killing Wesker? And when he did he despised him, and now he's suddenly feeling for his father even after knowing what he was and what he did ? Inconsistencies inconsistencies ! Making a scenario just for the sake of him being Wesker's son and Chris being the one who killed him.

Yeah that doesn't make a lick of sense.

theDeeDubs

About Jake and Chris

Why the hell is Jake so angry at Chris for killing Wesker? And when he did he despised him, and now he's suddenly feeling for his father even after knowing what he was and what he did ? Inconsistencies inconsistencies ! Making a scenario just for the sake of him being Wesker's son and Chris being the one who killed him.

Sounds like a human response really. It's common in siblings and family all the time. My wife badmouths her family but she gets super pissed if I do it. Just crank it up to anime levels.

This game seriously just does nothing but jump around from being really good to really bad. I'm toward the end and I'm just not sure about it. I want to wait until I'm done with everything first though before I make a verdict.

Basically my same reaction to 4 and 5 as well.

This is how id rate it so far:
RE4
REmake
RE2
Revelations=RE6*
RE3
RE0
RE5

So far from what I've played Revelations seems about on par with RE6. Revelations had amazing chapters mixed with crappy ones much like RE6. Note I haven't finished the game but I'm almost done. Unless the story takes a serious nosedive I have to say I enjoy RE6's story far more than RE5s. RE5s story was boring and predictable.

branny

I'm like 3/4 of the way through and still don't know what I think. I didn't like RE4, RE5, and REV as much as other people, so I'm not sure this game is much worse than those. It's actually more fun in a lot of ways.

I at least know for sure that I like RE6 wayyy more than REV.

Teknoman

The additional difficulty No Hope (Hardest Difficulty) is now available for download.

Aww so they did make it a download? Hopefully its just a free add on then...much like the Dragon's Dogma hard mode.

Top Bottom