• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Don't get me wrong, Leon section was also bad. (Incredibly linear, 2x2 hallways, weird movement/camera, blurry graphics, QTE's everywhere.). Just not as awful as Chris's.

There were two QTE's... one you cannot fail. The other was actually pretty cool if you were Leon, because it's not even a QTE for him, he gets to shoot while Helena deals with teh door QTE.

Also... the level design is almost exactly like RE4 and all the games before it. There are some hallways, but also open rooms like the lecture hall, and you can go outside in a larger courtyard area.

PSN pre-order is 70 euros which is 15 more than I have to pay at the store. I'd rather buy the disc, if I'm tired of it... can always sell it.

Wait what? Why?

I'm playing Umbrella Chronicles on my new Wii and it is fucking awesome.

I loved Umbrella Chronicles but was incredibly meh on Darkside for some reason. Something about it just didn't appeal to me as much and I thought the gunplay was worse somehow.

I have the HD versions on PS3, I just lack a Move controller. It motivates me to grab one though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm playing Umbrella Chronicles on my new Wii and it is fucking awesome.

I hope so.

I have a Move I never used after Sport Champions ping pong... so I guess I can take it out of the drawer and blow the dust off. Might be a fun distraction in the interim.

Is it a long game? The files I'm downloading are pretty big.

I hope so.

I have a Move I never used after Sport Champions ping pong... so I guess I can take it out of the drawer and blow the dust off. Might be a fun distraction in the interim.

Is it a long game? The files I'm downloading are pretty big.

The lightgun games are surprisingly long. Could take 8 hours and after that you still have a ton to unlock. And they are awesome.

Dariso

Neo Member
So is it confirmed PSN is getting the digital version day 1? That unboxing video was pretty sad lol, kinda pointless for me getting a physical copy for two pieces of paper and the giraffe fellatio artwork. Dat Capcom cheapness.

Sojgat

Filthy Leonista!

Redfield.png

"Equality for women and freedom of speech?"

Lakitu

st5fu
Nice OP, good job.

I'm an avid Resident Evil fan. 1-3 are classics, 4 is different but good and 5 is completely forgettable. But the demo is just pure trash, I hated it. I'm going to wait and see what the RE fans say on this board. Here's hoping that the game is much improved and that they picked the absolute worst part in Chris' campaign because that was shocking. I can't believe how bad that was.

Haliela

Fantastic OP. The reviews seem very positive so far. Playstation Mag dug it quite a bit, and that has me feeling a bit better about my preorder.

Teknoman

Nice OP, good job.

I'm an avid Resident Evil fan. 1-3 are classics, 4 is different but good and 5 is completely forgettable. But the demo is just pure trash, I hated it. I'm going to wait and see what the RE fans say on this board. Here's hoping that the game is much improved and that they picked the absolute worst part in Chris' campaign because that was shocking. I can't believe how bad that was.

To be fair, its kinda hard to do a demo of a Resident Evil game unless you let someone play a good chunk of the early part of the game. As much as I had fun playing RE5, the demo was too hectic to get a good feel for the game.

Chris' scenario suffered from this as did Jake. The strange brightness level (too dark) of the PS3 demo didnt help either. What is strange is the brightness settings menu says to set the level to where the 6 is barely visible, but even placing the meter at 0, not only is the 6 still clearly visible, but at default levels the game (demo) is pretty dark.

The guy playing the stream cleared the first chapter in 2 hours but he wasn't very good and kept dying.

So if we assume worst case scenario with it taking something like 1 hour per chapter, that should still be around 20 hours of content.
4 campaigns with 5 chapters each, right?

That's long as fuck for a shooter.

Vamphuntr

So about skills :

The skills pool appears to be shared between all characters and are available in mercs too. Some skills are exclusive to mercenaries mode like the Time Bonus +. Playing mercs gives skill points too so you can grind there I guess. Streamer is playing mercs right now.

Vire

Okay stopped watching. Seemed like a good place to save for the actual playthrough.

Very pleased with everything I saw.

Hmm, well that's encouraging. Is this coming from someone who enjoyed the demo or disliked it?

I tried connecting to the livestream but maximum users exceeded. :(

This kinda thing would be great for a borderline person like me.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Vamphuntr

Stream died! I still have mixed feelings about it :S

There was like two "defend this spot against waves of enemies" with Leon already >.>

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
NAG is 100% right about the AAA mentality.
I wouldn't be so quick to judge it. We only have two lengthy demos, half the game available in desperate, publisher released video form and the negative impressions of others to go by. Wait until you play the final game to make a call on anything like this.

Top Bottom