• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

ironcreed

Banned
Completed Leon and Chris

Will now sell the game and not waste more time on it.

Gamespot and Giantbomb where spot on in their reviews. The game is garbage

After these 10 chapters there is not ONE I would like to play again. Not ONE

Respawning zombies, qtes, linear corridor levels, constant over the top scripted events. This is not
RE, it is a bad CoD imitator with RE character (not even proper RE atmosphere)

Shame on you Capcom. Shame

I was convinced I was going to love it through most of Leon's campaign, despite some real downers. But through Chris's campaign and chapter 1 of Jake's, the game went off a cliff for me. I want to finish it because I paid $60.00 for it, but it's hard to force yourself through something that feels worse with every little bit more you play. Doubt I'll finish it, either.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Completed Leon and Chris

Respawning zombies, qtes, linear corridor levels, constant over the top scripted events. This is not

this thread is filled with positive comments about the game. your opinion wont change anything here. good day.

RedSwirl

Oh, and for some reason in the latter half of Jake's and
Ada's
campaigns I'm finding myself with way too much ammo and too little inventory space. Maybe it's because I actually started fighting efficiently mid-way trough Jake.

Damn I have to say Resident Evil 6 sure takes the cake for most polarizing game across the board in the gaming community I have ever seen, even for its fan-base alone (and this is coming from the 4/5 era). It's absolutely stunning.

Yep it's quite amazing. Some people loving it, others absolutely hating it. Part of me thinks "Congrats Capcom" Your the first company to ever release a game that is so divided between some claiming a great time and others shaming forever AT THE SAME TIME.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I was about to ask if any PS3 copy owners were going to sell their games lol.. I'm looking for two for a friend and I, offering $51 total per copy by paypal or amazon. Help a gaffer out. =P

Noi

Oh, and for some reason in the latter half of Jake's and
Ada's
campaigns I'm finding myself with way too much ammo and too little inventory space. Maybe it's because I actually started fighting efficiently mid-way trough Jake.

With
Ada
, it's because you have 5 different weapons to choose from, with two weapons that have alternate ammo, and 3 different grenades you can carry. Tends to leave little to no room for herbs and first aid sprays.

Neiteio

Yep it's quite amazing. Some people loving it, others absolutely hating it. Part of me thinks "Congrats Capcom" Your the first company to ever release a game that is so divided between some claiming a great time and others shaming forever AT THE SAME TIME.
What's funny about how half of the people love it and the other half hate it is Capcom specifically set out to create like four games in one precisely to appease all the different tastes, yet it just led to even more differences in opinion, lol. Anyway, love this game, and really wish I was playing it right now instead of knocking out some office work.

What's funny about how half of the people love it and the other half hate it is Capcom specifically set out to create like four games in one precisely to appease all the different tastes, yet it just led to even more differences in opinion, lol. Anyway, love this game, and really wish I was playing it right now instead of knocking out some office work.

Yep I'm a fan of it as well. I admit it has its faults. Which I stated in my review but my clock time is now 30 hours and I still need to beat most the levels on professional and get the medallions. Am I tired of it yet? Nope. Kind of scary... I'm sure some people would say this means I love shit games or something? But I tend to enjoy most of the games I play, it takes a lot of me to truly hate or despise a game. Some think of this as a bad thing, for me I just think I end up enjoying gaming way more then others.

RedSwirl

With
Ada
, it's because you have 5 different weapons to choose from, with two weapons that have alternate ammo, and 3 different grenades you can carry. Tends to leave little to no room for herbs and first aid sprays.

Game could really use a weapon wheel in the later chapters.

Noi

Anybody with the PS3 version wanna go through Jake Chapter 4 (maybe 5, if time allows)? I'm going for emblem collection, but I don't mind playing on Professional if someone needs to do those chapters.

JoeFenix

Anybody with the PS3 version wanna go through Jake Chapter 4 (maybe 5, if time allows)? I'm going for emblem collection, but I don't mind playing on Professional if someone needs to do those chapters.

Wouldn't mind but only if I get to play as Jake, S ranked Sherry already!

Noi

Wouldn't mind but only if I get to play as Jake, S ranked Sherry already!

Not a problem! The first emblem in Chapter 4 is Sherry-only anyway.
KuGsj.gif

Iresecia

Neo Member
The connection errors on this game kind of bug me. Anyone else been getting a lot of annoying disconnects? I heard it was a common issue.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I have and it's disheartening.

Let me guess: You have RE6 for the PS3.

Yeah. Been searching for what ports it uses in hopes I could avoid some of it. Haven't found em yet though. Worst case was when me and a bud had 100 combo on mercs and the game just quit on us. Hope they beef their servers up and fix the netcode. RE5's servers were great for me, wonder what they decided to change this time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Honestly,
Ada's
constant snark is starting to get to me. We get it, she's cooler than everybody else an doesn't have to exert as much effort to do stuff.

It kinda reminded me of a noir-esque narration... kinda. It didn't grate, but was pretty hit n' miss throughout. More good than bad though.

Okay, Jake chapter 1 help
I'm fighting the third giant thing with the spike in its back and I don't know how to kill him? I gotta jump on his back or something? I'm currently on the roof of the big building in the middle of the area, but I don't ever get an option to jump on his back.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dave1988

I don;t know if this has been mentioned before but if it has I think it's worth repeating:

There's a stupid ass bug tied to playing co-op. As it stands right now, only the host of the game gets the credit for beating the stage. The joining player will get credit for beating the stage on a lower difficulty. So for example, let's say somebody hosts a game set to Professional difficulty. Once that stage is completed, the host gets credit for beating it on Pro while the player that joined only receives credit for beating it on Veteran. How did this get past QA is fucking beyond me. :/

Trigger

I didnt mind Leon or Chris's campaign, but so far I don't like Jake's at all.

Jake's campaign has shit loads of padding and got all the scrappy mechanics. Least favorite campaign ever. Troy Baker and Sherry is the only thing I liked.

I'm fighting the third giant thing with the spike in its back and I don't know how to kill him? I gotta jump on his back or something? I'm currently on the roof of the big building in the middle of the area, but I don't ever get an option to jump on his back.

He has to get caught in the power lines (or take enough damage in the face, I think). Jump on his back from any second floor opening (where the guns were). Wiggle both sticks to finish the QTE in time.

Neiteio

Anyone here like rewatching some of the cutscenes? I'm on the fourth chapter of each character so far, so of the cutscenes I've unlocked, my favorite is probably
Jake and Sherry in the cabin

And I'm finally starting to unlock figures. It appears you have to find four emblems in a chapter to unlock a figure. I got J'avo 1 and Ogroman so far. I love the figurine feature but just wish the lighting were brighter -- the model viewer is set in a shadowy place.

Shoot him til he collapses then press R1/R when standing by his arm. Circle the left analog stick really fast.

Sojgat

My problem is that those who enjoy the game say this is a great game when it's clearly not.

This is a generalization. Many people realise that the game is deeply flawed, but that it also has some great redeeming features. I have friends who I'd recommend RE6 to who could overlook some of it's big problems, others I know not to even bother, because they'd throw it back in my face after 10 minutes, and tell me it's fucking garbage.

It all depends what you're willing to forgive, and what you enjoy most in a game. I would not originally have looked to the Resident Evil franchise for dynamic combat with a plethora of options. I didn't expect it when I started the game, and hated it for it's many failings compared to RE4 or even RE5, but I like games such as Vanquish, DMC, and ninja Gaiden, and the gameplay in RE6 appeals to me for the similarities it shares with those games (no matter how well masked they may be).

Sojgat

To add to this tip, twirl BOTH analog sticks -- it will will fill the QTE twice as fast. Impossible to lose a spinning QTE when you use both sticks.

The thought occurs to me that this could be a glitch, if Capcom patches it, I will kick a puppy (no not really, but I'll be pissed).

fernoca

Aside the disconnect issues on PS3; I'm having a blast with it. Heck, I'm technically playing it twice at the same time, since I play by myself, then repeat the same chapters with a friend online.

QTEs should've been handled better. I don't mimd, heck I enjoy them; but they should've been just a button press instead of showing a button and then you having to wait at a specific moment to press it. (With so much action going on sometimes, one's used to quickly press it. But in this game, sometimes been fast results in failing said QTE).

Leon's currently has my (and my friend's) favorite chapters; because is more closer to the previous RE games. The first chapter alone been so close to the intro of RE2 was really awesome.
Chris and Piers are still my favorite characters in looks and overall action. :p

And with so much mud thrown at the story, I'm glad this game feels more like a direct sequel to the RE story than even the so-acclaimed RE4.

Been a fan of the series since the first game on PSone, with my favorites and most played been REmake and RE5; and so far this one I'm enjoying more than RE5. Glad I got it.

*Looks at avatar*
I change my avatar as much as I take showers (sometimes 3 times per day :p), so is not like "Oh why's always the ones with RE6 avatars talk positively about the game!!". :p

Bollocks

I don;t know if this has been mentioned before but if it has I think it's worth repeating:

There's a stupid ass bug tied to playing co-op. As it stands right now, only the host of the game gets the credit for beating the stage. The joining player will get credit for beating the stage on a lower difficulty. So for example, let's say somebody hosts a game set to Professional difficulty. Once that stage is completed, the host gets credit for beating it on Pro while the player that joined only receives credit for beating it on Veteran. How did this get past QA is fucking beyond me. :/

Happened to me as well, it really sucks but fortunately you just have to start a new game on the desired difficulty and then join the host, this fixed it for me.

Also I hate the connections errors, me and a buddy wanted to continue but after 3m or so the game boots us ._.
I really need my RE fix!

LTWheels

One change I would make to the controls if I was Capcom:

Remove the objective location from left bumper and make that the dedicated dodge button instead of needing 3 inputs to dodge.

Put the objective location to back or press in both sticks.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Happened to me as well, it really sucks but fortunately you just have to start a new game on the desired difficulty and then join the host, this fixed it for me.

Also I hate the connections errors, me and a buddy wanted to continue but after 3m or so the game boots us ._.
I really need my RE fix!

You're saying the bug is avoidable by both people starting a game on the desired difficulty and then one of those players inviting the other?

SkylineRKR

I couldn't play Mercs online today because of the errors. I still have to unlock one character and I have a hard time A-ranking on my own with certain characters. Luckily everything can be done on Urban Chaos.

nOoblet16

Related to Jake/Chris Chapter 5

Does the conversation between character when they are on platforms change depending on who you are with on the platform ? When I did the Jake's part I was with Sherry on the platform and he spoke about Chris and his father and Chris and Piers spoke about how Jake needed to know. When I did it in Chris' story I was with Sherry again and they started speaking about how he came to know Wesker's jake's father and that the outbreak is China is much worse than Raccoon City, and Piers and Jake speak about how killing Chris would've been bad for them.

The thought occurs to me that this could be a glitch, if Capcom patches it, I will kick a puppy (no not really, but I'll be pissed).

Capcom just should flat out patch all the QTEs period. It's like they're all unbalanced and unnecessarily taxing for no real reason

Most of the time they're just tolerable and kinda there ...other times they flat out are annoying and fucking suck. I mean, I should not be at risk for some damn carpel tunnel or RSS because I'm hammering the X button so damn hard

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Related to Jake/Chris Chapter 5

Does the conversation between character when they are on platforms change depending on who you are with on the platform ? When I did the Jake's part I was with Sherry on the platform and he spoke about Chris and his father and Chris and Piers spoke about how Jake needed to know. When I did it in Chris' story I was with Sherry again and they started speaking about how he came to know Wesker's jake's father and that the outbreak is China is much worse than Raccoon City, and Piers and Jake speak about how killing Chris would've been bad for them.

You're right, there's three different combinations that can happen that have different pairs of dialogue. Jake-Sherry & Chris-Piers, Chris-Jake & Sherry-Piers, and Chris-Sherry & Jake-Piers.

I must be the only person who hasn't had problems with QTEs. The escape sections where you run towards the camera are more difficult for me.

I don't either. I actually think these QTEs are more intelligent than most and easier (reminds me of a Mario Party minigame), but just dislike the number of them. Didn't even have trouble with the rope QTE (you just hold it and alternate, made sense to me).

Hobohodo

Thanks to the guys who explained the counters, sounds like you need to be really skilled to pull them off on purpose so I'm just going to stick to going 'Dayum that looked awesome' when I pull it off.

I've played the first two chapter of Chris and the first of Jake and I'm enjoying this so much more than from playing the demo. I think realising that Chris' chapters are not Gears of Evil has made a big difference to how much enjoyment I had out of his compared to the demo, and I can't help but feel that a lot of people will have made the same mistake as me. Stop and pop from cover is basically only for dealing with the Snipers, everyone else is just charge on in and Melee/Roll/Slide about to get stuff done.

I must be the only person who hasn't had problems with QTEs. The escape sections where you run towards the camera are more difficult for me.

and those are relatively painless for me =/

Like I said, the QTE input method is fine ...it's the severity of which you have to input it. It literally feels like the game's system is working against you.

Sojgat

Capcom just should flat out patch all the QTEs period. It's like they're all unbalanced and unnecessarily taxing for no real reason

Most of the time they're just tolerable and kinda there ...other times they flat out are annoying and fucking suck. I mean, I should not be at risk for some damn carpel tunnel or RSS because I'm hammering the X button so damn hard

Agreed, many are just not fun, seemingly just so Capcom could just add a few more unlocks to the skills system.

derFeef

Seeing people who I generally agree with in terms of game taste enjoying the game makes me want to get that now. PC version is far away I guess? No date?

I just started Jake's campaign and I don't want to finish it. Chris was bad but this is worse. I think I'll just switch to amateur and blow through just to see how it ends.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Seeing people who I generally agree with in terms of game taste enjoying the game makes me want to get that now. PC version is far away I guess? No date?

No date except the Steam page says 2013, and Capcom have said they want to release it early 2013.

Completed Leon and Chris

I'll give you $5 for it. Since, you know, its garbage.

Top Bottom