• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Are you guys playing with Agent Hunt mode on? Now that I finished my offline playthrough I am playing online and have Agent Hunt on now. It makes the Hunt sections so much more intense when they invade your game. What a great idea, I kind of wish more of the game took advantage of it. Though many people were complaining about the sections where enemies keep spawning, this is the reason, to have Hunt mode and it works.

Grisby

I think Chris's ch3 boss battle is the best fight in the game. Maybe not mechanically but I loved the atmosphere and the tension.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
God... I freaking suck with Ada in mercs. The crossbow is horrid. Even the exploding arrows (which are boss in the normal game) suck ass in mercs. They don't even kill, it's just an AOE knockdown. The exploding oxygen tanks on firemen do more damage.

And she doesn't have shit for items. Really frustrating... I tried some randoms for help, but they all sucked and kept dying. So then I have to go medic and they still die!

lol... oh Ada.

Iresecia

Neo Member
So before I use some points, what does unlocking these costumes on RE.net do. They're just usable in mercs? Or do you even get them in game?

WZnr8.jpg

albert-wesker8rs9g.jpg
Better one.

Chris chapter 5 defense force assemble. I enjoyed it, but I assume its a million times better as Piers.

Reporting for duty, sir!

I'd go with Ada 5 as the worst, by far. What the fuck is that mess.

Haha, this! Those cars look like cardboard boxes as she flies over them.

God... I freaking suck with Ada in mercs. The crossbow is horrid. Even the exploding arrows (which are boss in the normal game) suck ass in mercs. They don't even kill, it's just an AOE knockdown. The exploding oxygen tanks on firemen do more damage.

And she doesn't have shit for items. Really frustrating... I tried some randoms for help, but they all sucked and kept dying. So then I have to go medic and they still die!

lol... oh Ada.

Yeah, it’s a shame Ada stinks in mercs. Her crossbow is hard to get time bonus’ with. Luckily
Carla
is awesome!

Noi

So before I use some points, what does unlocking these costumes on RE.net do. They're just usable in mercs? Or do you even get them in game?

Alternate colors of the alt costumes already available in-game. Only usable in Mercenaries. Neat if you don't want to get an A rank with a character before unlocking the outfits.

lol... oh Ada.

At least her EX2 costume weapons are a bit better.

And you can see her panties!. jacknicholsonnod.gif

ironcreed

Banned
I think Chris's ch3 boss battle is the best fight in the game. Maybe not mechanically but I loved the atmosphere and the tension.

That
invisible snake
was the only redeemable thing I could take from his entire campaign. The rest was about as mediocre as it gets for me, and I have a pretty high tolerance for jank. Or at least I thought I did.

That
invisible snake
was the only redeemable thing I could take from his entire campaign. The rest was about as mediocre as it gets for me, and I have a pretty high tolerance for jank. Or at least I thought I did.

Maybe you just don't like the combat mechanics? All RE6 has to do to shine for me is provide decent combat bowls, which Chris' campaign has in spades. The first area of his chapter 4 is heavenly.

Grisby

That
invisible snake
His and Leon's are about the same for me, both have up's and downs and both have terrible end boss battles. At least Chris got some more action and I liked his story arc(ha!) the best.

Although I have to say the part I'm playing now, (Major campaign spoilers)
Ada's bits, aren't bad. Solo play with some decent ammo grabs and puzzles.

is anyone who finds chapter X of X campaign playing on pro as the first playthrough?

I can tell you that makes a difference. Sure if I could storm in and derp my way through, the game would not feel challenging and then some stuff gets like, really bad. But when you have to look after yourself and your partner, it's something else.

Scratch

i agree with chris' last boss battle being the worst.

piers just decided he'd not shoot the boss when it was cocooned, so the boss fight dragged on for like an hour + 8 deaths

Noi

is anyone who finds chapter X of X campaign playing on pro as the first playthrough?

I can tell you that makes a difference. Sure if I could storm in and derp my way through, the game would not feel challenging and then some stuff gets like, really bad. But when you have to look after yourself and your partner, it's something else.

uhh. I'm gonna assume you missed a word here.

But yes, I did half of the game on Veterana and the other half on Professional for my first playthrough, all on co-op. Wouldn't have played it any other way.

I’ve been meaning to say this for a while – but anyone else agree that this game has like the best looking sweat for characters ever? I love how the characters get progressively more dirty as the game goes on too.

uhh. I'm gonna assume you missed a word here.

But yes, I did half of the game on Veterana and the other half on Professional for my first playthrough, all on co-op. Wouldn't have played it any other way.

Sorry, yeah... meant to say terrible.

ironcreed

Banned
Maybe you just don't like the combat mechanics? All RE6 has to do to shine for me is provide decent combat bowls, which Chris' campaign has in spades. The first area of his chapter 4 is heavenly.

No, I actually clicked with the mechanics fine. I just think the game is poorly designed on the whole. The level design is mostly terrible and looks unfinished in places. The visuals are wildly inconsistent and some of the quick time events and set pieces are worse than most budget games. It is just an all over the place mess that literally feels like too many people with too many clashing ideas were working on it. Like trying to make sure ammo is limited, while at the same time designing the game to be a fast-paced actiony shooter with respawning snipers that have laser like precision. It just ended up feeling like a clusterfuck and a half.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'd highly recommend Field Medic to anyone playing solo. They revive you via tablets so you never are in that one hit KO state again, and on higher levels actually can give 3-4 so you almost get fully healed.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished Leon/Chris/Jake's campaigns with a total play time of 17.5 hours, and I'm going to start Ada's campaign tomorrow. First off I want to thank Dusk Golem, since playing them through chronologically was a stroke of genius and really made me appreciate the plot.

Anyway, my final opinion on the game after having finished it: THIS GAME IS FUCK-AWESOME. I absolutely have no clue why reviewers knocked this game so low, it is consistently fun, interesting, and exciting. Yeah yeah, it's no longer a horror game, but who cares when it's this much damn fun! There were a few spots that really annoyed the crap out of me: (spoilers for Leon/Chris/Jake campaigns)
anything that had to do with the Regenerators, those were some really annoying sections. The T-Rex boss fight was annoying for the sole fact that he kept tossing cars at me that would one-shot me. The chase scene in Chris 5 where you're in that underwater tube and have to run past the closing gates before the boss tosses your tube down underwater. Also Jake's motorcycle section - fuck that entire section.

My favorite campaign was easily Jake's, which I really did not expect. Leon's and Chris' were fun as well, although I'd probably give the edge to Leon's campaign since Leon 1 was one of the best levels I've ever played, and the first half of Chris 4 was pretty annoying.

I have a question about costumes though - how do I pick them? I started a New Game + but I can't pick a costume, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Noi

What's the point of agent hunt when the other players have infinite ammo?...is just tedious that way and not really fun.

Finding ways to kill agents despite having infinite ammo is my agent hunt pastime. Most of them get careless due to having a huge handicap.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I just finished Leon/Chris/Jake's campaigns with a total play time of 17.5 hours, and I'm going to start Ada's campaign tomorrow. First off I want to thank Dusk Golem, since playing them through chronologically was a stroke of genius and really made me appreciate the plot.

Anyway, my final opinion on the game after having finished it: THIS GAME IS FUCK-AWESOME. I absolutely have no clue why reviewers knocked this game so low, it is consistently fun, interesting, and exciting. Yeah yeah, it's no longer a horror game, but who cares when it's this much damn fun! There were a few spots that really annoyed the crap out of me: (spoilers for Leon/Chris/Jake campaigns)
anything that had to do with the Regenerators, those were some really annoying sections. The T-Rex boss fight was annoying for the sole fact that he kept tossing cars at me that would one-shot me. The chase scene in Chris 5 where you're in that underwater tube and have to run past the closing gates before the boss tosses your tube down underwater. Also Jake's motorcycle section - fuck that entire section.

My favorite campaign was easily Jake's, which I really did not expect. Leon's and Chris' were fun as well, although I'd probably give the edge to Leon's campaign since Leon 1 was one of the best levels I've ever played, and the first half of Chris 4 was pretty annoying.

I have a question about costumes though - how do I pick them? I started a New Game + but I can't pick a costume, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

No costumes for campaign... hopefully they eventually rectify this.

Jake chapter 4 is so so bad. Also did anyone else notice that
if you crash no matter what vehicle you hit it shows the same one
? lmao

Noi

I mean, they died eitherway, but is not really fun, when you get kill in one shot.

It really depends on who you're fighting. Infinite ammo Leon/Helena? Tough, but workable. Infinite ammo Chris/Piers? Eff that shit.

I have nearly 40 hours in this game. I absolutely love it..

43 hours here. I spend too much time idle on the main menu, listening to the Raimi Spiderman theme. :X

Ken

After you complete a campaign, when you back to it on a new difficulty setting do you lose all your weapons and start over? Does infinite ammo disable achievements?

Noi

After you complete a campaign, when you back to it on a new difficulty setting do you lose all your weapons and start over? Does infinite ammo disable achievements?

Unless you hit New Game+ and specifically tell it to not carry over weapons, no to both.

Top Bottom