• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

I think that feature is in any resident evil ever...(it was in CV? I don't remember, but is a bad RE game so who cares...). How could they not put it in this game?

Because the costumes seem to be much more extravagant in some cases... aaand because of MT Framework 2.0. If geometry affects lighting, then the cutscenes would be ruined with leon carrying a giant hat, blocking the light.

Because the costumes seem to be much more extravagant in some cases... aaand because of MT Framework 2.0. If geometry affects lighting, then the cutscenes would be ruined with leon carrying a giant hat, blocking the light.

Fuck that then, give me MT Framework 1.0!

Edit: Fuck Agent Hunt is really addicting. Except some sucky B.O.Ws and the infinite ammo is really fun.

Noi

6PCBC.png

We didn't care either way, Capcom. :(

Unless you choose the other character then you will have your weapons.

I usually just choose chapter select

Yeah, that too. Technically it's because they're two different weapons, and they don't share the same inventory.

Grenade launcher spam, not fun.

Every time I morph into a Napads in the middle of a hallway against a Chris/Piers, I cry.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So if item drops are independent for each player, is trading with your partner still heavily emphasized?

God... I freaking suck with Ada in mercs. The crossbow is horrid. Even the exploding arrows (which are boss in the normal game) suck ass in mercs. They don't even kill, it's just an AOE knockdown. The exploding oxygen tanks on firemen do more damage.

And she doesn't have shit for items. Really frustrating... I tried some randoms for help, but they all sucked and kept dying. So then I have to go medic and they still die!

lol... oh Ada.

Totally, i cant do shit with her. That said with the other characters Mercs is starting to click and I think with all these new mechanics this is the best version of Mercs. When you are in the zone, diving, dodging, quick shooting, countering all at the right moments its so much fun.

Replicant

Jake's shitty
mountain avalanche
stage is the WORST by far for me. I know it's meant to imitate an actual
whiteout
but damn if it isn't annoying.
Looking around for keys while I can't see anything but white while getting gangbang by all manners of J'avo
makes me want to throw something at my new precious HDTV. And that's a bad thing considering this HDTV has done nothing but working flawlessly even with RE6's shitty darkness setting. Dark actually looks dark but I can still see clearly around me.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You can only trade in local co-op period because you're both on the same "client". Online co-op players can't trade anything between them.

Wow that's awesome and kinda sad too. Trading can be fun.. the first time.. Also no gold egg duping!!

Jake's shitty
mountain avalanche
whiteout
Looking around for keys while I can't see anything but white while getting gangbang by all manners of J'avo
makes me want to throw something at my new precious HDTV. And that's a bad thing considering this HDTV has done nothing but working flawlessly even with RE6's shitty darkness setting. Dark actually looks dark but I can still see clearly around me.

His chapter 4 is x10000 worse.

Neiteio

Jake's shitty
mountain avalanche
whiteout
You're supposed to use the map/radar on Sherry's device (seen in upper-right corner) to navigate terrain. And just shoot enough snipers to run and slide past them. :)

I agree that part is difficult at first, though. That whole chapter really picks up once you hit the cabin a third of the way in.

Neiteio

God damn it, really dreading playing as this dude now.
Eh? I was just told by numerous people that Jake Chapter 4 is awesome, and from what I've seen of it, I suspect it is. Best to just play for yourself and draw your own conclusions based on your tastes. This thread is like 50/50 for and against any given element of RE6, lol.

Yuripaw

Banned
I'm looking for someone who wants to join me in a Leon chapter 5 playthrough on xbox 360. I've had the lobby open for a while, but no one's been joining. Anyone wanna play? Just looking to beat it as fast as I can.

If anyone wants to play, add me on XBL, my XBL tag is: I ockman I

Gbraga

Finished Chris, Leon will wait till tomorrow. What's up with the Chapter 5 hate? I liked it lol

The only chapter I really hated so far was Jake's Chapter 2, that was garbage.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think that feature is in any resident evil ever...(it was in CV? I don't remember, but is a bad RE game so who cares...). How could they not put it in this game?

Totally. I have a feeling they might release that option as DLC along with some new costumes, in which case I would probably buy it. Or if it's an option on the PC version I would probably double dip on that.

Also I would have to build a gaming PC to play it on.

Astral

I don't understand the love for Jake's Chapter 4. It had nothing special going for it.
The motorcycle part wasn't fun and neither was the helicopter battle imo.
I much preferred his 3rd chapter.

Replicant

I'm not really keen for a replay unless I can use new costumes in the actual campaign. It gets boring seeing the same costume over and over again.

Oh, Jake chapter 4 was the
Motorcycle part
? I don't mind that. In fact, I thought it was kind of fun after I had an idea of the obstacles. The worst one was definitely chapter 2 for me.

Replicant

How do you run out of ammo on Chris' Chapter 5? I had so much that I could start selling.

To be fair that depends on the luck of the draw.
If there are a lot of enemies falling into your platform during the moving platform battle, then you'd have lose a lot of ammo by the time you reach the boss. Sure, you can break those crates but I don't think it'll give you enough unless you have the item drop skill. It's kind of dicey because you don't want to overuse Piers' lightning ability and exhaust him before the boss turns into cocoon

Jake chapter 4's start was alright.
I felt the bike was the best vehicle section of the game, I felt totally in control and hardly died. Other vehicles felt off, the bike felt great to me.

The rest of that chapter did have issues.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Jake chapter 4 is so so bad. Also did anyone else notice that
if you crash no matter what vehicle you hit it shows the same one
? lmao

I didn't notice. I was too busy trying to chew threw my controller cable

I'm super impressed at how many truly awful vehicle sequences they managed to pack into one game and Jake's campaign helped me to realize it.

His campaign fucking sucks, btw. Does he have the most crossover parts of the main 3?

Gbraga

To be fair that depends on the luck of the draw.
If there are a lot of enemies falling into your platform during the moving platform battle, then you'd have lose a lot of ammo by the time you reach the boss. Sure, you can break those crates but I don't think it'll give you enough unless you have the item drop skill. It's kind of dicey because you don't want to overuse Piers' lightning ability and exhaust him before the boss turns into cocoon

But I'd lose what, 20 handgun bullets? I didn't even use all my machinegun bullets to take care of the boss, it was really easy. Since chapter 3 there was so much ammo, I had to throw stuff away every time I saw a herb or spray because my inventory was always full of ammo.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Jake chapter 4's start was alright.
I felt the bike was the best vehicle section of the game, I felt totally in control and hardly died. Other vehicles felt off, the bike felt great to me.

The rest of that chapter did have issues.

I kept dying because I always
held down the accelerate button so I couldn't turn very well and kept driving into cars. Then after 6 deaths I realized that I shouldn't keep holding down RT and I did much better. I actually really enjoyed all the vehicle sections, I don't know why they all got so much hate.

But yeah overall I thought Jake's campaign was the best, and had the best final boss. I'd say I liked Chris' final boss second, and Leon's last.

I'm super impressed at how many truly awful vehicle sequences they managed to pack into one game and Jake's campaign helped me to realize it.

His campaign fucking sucks, btw. Does he have the most crossover parts of the main 3?

Man you and I have opposite opinions on this. I loved the vehicle sections in all three campaigns, and I thought Jake's campaign was by far the best.

Replicant

Pretty sure you can just
melee the cocoon without Piers' help.

Not when
he's sitting high up the top of the huge crates. You do need a gun or Piers' lightning to bring him down from his ivory tower. Then you can melee him to your heart's content so he'll turn into cocoon

But I'd lose what, 20 handgun bullets? I didn't even use all my machinegun bullets to take care of the boss, it was really easy. Since chapter 3 there was so much ammo, I had to throw stuff away every time I saw a herb or spray because my inventory was always full of ammo.

IME, I lost so much ammo prior to the
floating platform area. That battle in the locked door with so many enemies and a few Chrysalids Napads and transparent bees took a lot of my ammo. The floating area was just the icing on the awful cake I had to swallow

Ken

How many bonuses are there in Urban Chaos? I find 5 time bonuses but apparently that's not all? Also can only find 2 combo bonuses.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I absolutely have no clue why reviewers knocked this game so low, it is consistently fun, interesting, and exciting.

Good god, this is exactly what it is not.

How did you convince yourself that walking through empty hallways with no sense of threat or tension, just waiting to get to the next combat arena was "interesting"? Not every part between combat zones is like that, but it is quite a bit of the time.

Gbraga

Not when
he's sitting high up the top of the huge crates. You do need a gun or Piers' lightning to bring him down from his ivory tower. Then you can melee him to your heart's content so he'll turn into cocoon

I just made him come down, if he did got staggered on top of those crates, I'd wait for him to recover and get down, and then with an acid grenade shot he would get staggered again.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
How do you run out of ammo on Chris' Chapter 5? I had so much that I could start selling.

I basically ran out of ammo in the final fight because I didn't figure out how to kill the boss until I pretty much ran out of most of my ammo. But it ended up working out really well because when it came time to
stab the boss in the heart as Chris, I really had no ammo and had resorted to fighting the boss with my knife, so it didn't feel like the game was "forcing" me to use the knife. I didn't realize the knife was the only weapon in my inventory until later.
I love it when stuff works out like that.

How did you convince yourself that walking through empty hallways with no sense of threat or tension, just waiting to get to the next combat arena was "interesting"? Not every part between combat zones is like that, but it is quite a bit of the time.

"Convince" myself? I honestly enjoyed it. It sucks that you didn't feel that way, but I thought this game was consistently fantastic.

Gbraga

I also didn't have a problem with the climbing QTEs lol, I mean, aside from the fact that they're QTEs. I hope they don't bring back QTEs and vehicles to the next game.

I basically ran out of ammo in the final fight because I didn't figure out how to kill the boss until I pretty much ran out of most of my ammo. But it ended up working out really well because when it came time to
stab the boss in the heart as Chris, I really had no ammo and had resorted to fighting the boss with my knife, so it didn't feel like the game was "forcing" me to use the knife. I didn't realize the knife was the only weapon in my inventory until later.
I love it when stuff works out like that.

That's pretty cool!

I'm only a little into the 4th campaign(started Chapter 2 a little while ago),
and it's like a mixture of all the things I've hated in the game. It's too good that Ada's a fine ass looking woman, or else I would despise this so much I'd stop playing.

Neiteio

I know you weren't asking me, but there's a ton of variety in this game and a lot of unexpected things that jump, crash or otherwise come veering out of nowhere (like all the chaos in the streets of Leon Ch. 1, or general environmental instability elsewhere). There's also bits of great buildup like the Chris Ch. 3 boss, and the general lurking threat of enemies tracking you from miles away (loiter at the start of Leon Ch. 2 to see what I mean, or anywhere in Leon Ch. 3). And the enemies in many cases transform and swarm from all angles, upping the intensity further. You also have so many options at your disposal so that no two fights should ever be the same. There were few times I felt like I was -just- going down a hall. It's great. :)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
"Convince" myself? I honestly enjoyed it. It sucks that you didn't feel that way, but I thought this game was consistently fantastic.

Lots of people have come away with an overall positive impression. I don't think I've seen anyone say that it was consistently excellent. You yourself mentioned several parts that annoyed you that I believe qualify as terrible in the context of a AAA game.

Okay, after just having finished every campaign, I have to say
Ada's campaign is by far the worst, with Leon's being a close second worst. Ada's has the most instant death BS of any campaign, and constantly puts you in situations where you will run out of ammo if you don't know what you're doing. And zombies... fucking zombies are the worst enemies in this game augh.

Chris's campaign is by far the best. Jake's is a close second for me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of people have come away with an overall positive impression. I don't think I've seen anyone say that it was consistently excellent. You yourself mentioned several parts that annoyed you that I believe qualify as terrible in the context of a AAA game.

I mean yes there were parts that annoyed me, but put them all together and that would be at most one hour out of a 17.5 hour playthrough, so overall I would say the game was pretty great. It's not a 10/10 game for me, but I definitely got much more quality gameplay out of this game than pretty much most games I have played, and I haven't even started the 4th campaign yet.

Edit: Also the reviewers' QTE complaints were pretty overblown IMO. There were probably something like 20-25 QTEs in each campaign, which isn't much when it's spread across 7 or so hours.

Noi

Jake's
motorcycle
segment is easily the best of them all simply because both players actually do stuff in it. Chris/Pier's is kinda dull for the person driving, partially because you're always in an unnaturally wide street with nothing to really navigate, while
Ada's chopper
would have been better if you didn't have to fight the bullet sponge of a boss at the end. Final campaign in general could have ended at Chapter 4, but I guess that'd leave Leon/Helena with one less partner to team up with. Leon's is the worst cause
you just sit there and silently watch an NPC drive you through fog for two minutes.

This game is really annoying me with the serpent emblems. I'll complete a chapter KNOWING I got all four of them, then go to collections and it will say I'm missing one. What the hell is the deal with that? Ugh

Top Bottom