• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I am not liking the puzzles in ada's campaign so far. The first one I ended up over thinking because the obvious answer appeared wrong because one of the pieces was hard to discern from each other. Now the one I am stuck on has virtually no proper feedback and doesn't seem to make much sense. The "clue" cutscene doesn't exactly help. I refuse to look up the answer though. Just wondering if I was the only idiot. (hanging corpses puzzle, chapter2)

Anyway, outside some moments with Jake, this has to be portion of the game I truly dislike.

That chapter 2 puzzle took me about 2 seconds to piece together. It's pretty straightforward, there's no "secret" to it per se. The Chapter 1 puzzle did stump me for a while though, it was so obvious that I thought there's no way that could be the answer.

Revelations, ORC and PXZ designs are good though imo.

Don't you DARE call Revelations Jill good.

1949197-e03026e13f139ae4dffc816ff26dd031.jpg

To quote RE1: ...What is it?

Gbraga

BSAA Jill is my favorite. I hope we can get her for mercenaries.

But battlesuit Jill would probably be way more awesome to play with if they gave her a "melee weapon" like Jake. Man it would be so cool.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BSAA Jill is my favorite. I hope we can get her for mercenaries.

But battlesuit Jill would probably be way more awesome to play with if they gave her a "melee weapon" like Jake. Man it would be so cool.

RE5 Jill had the best damn knife attack animation in the series... she actually "stabbed" quickly and repeatedly, and the animation/pose for it was really cool. Super hard to go back to Chris/Sheva/Leon boring and slow slash attack after using Jill.

Too bad her melee for downed enemies was pretty corny. Double knee drop or whatever it was...

That chapter 2 puzzle took me about 2 seconds to piece together. It's pretty straightforward, there's no "secret" to it per se. The Chapter 1 puzzle did stump me for a while though, it was so obvious that I thought there's no way that could be the answer.

Don't you DARE call Revelations Jill good.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/100460/1949197-e03026e13f139ae4dffc816ff26dd031.jpg

To quote RE1: ...What is it?
640px-Resi_revelations_jill_and_parker_screenshot_00_by_jenzphantom-d55yye4.jpg

I don't know I thought in game it actually looked good.

jorgeton

Man, I am not liking the puzzles in ada's campaign so far. The first one I ended up over thinking because the obvious answer appeared wrong because one of the pieces was hard to discern from each other. Now the one I am stuck on has virtually no proper feedback and doesn't seem to make much sense. The "clue" cutscene doesn't exactly help. I refuse to look up the answer though. Just wondering if I was the only idiot. (hanging corpses puzzle, chapter2)

That puzzle took me a few mins to figure out because it seems so much more complicated than it really is. The solution is really dumb, I was expecting this mind blowing solution.. but nope.. it's pretty basic.
I just ran around the room looking for button prompts.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
[IMG ]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120708071914/residentevil/images/thumb/b/b8/Resi_revelations_jill_and_parker_screenshot_00_by_jenzphantom-d55yye4.jpg/640px-Resi_revelations_jill_and_parker_screenshot_00_by_jenzphantom-d55yye4.jpg[/IMG ]
I don't know I thought in game it actually looked good.

To be fair I don't own a 3DS and haven't played this game yet, but from the screenshots I've seen she looks nothing like REmake/RE5 Jill, and that bothers me.

Nori Chan

Tried my first stab at solo mercs and it's really hard. Surprisingly you run out of time quickly. Most of the enemies took too long to attack me so I couldn't get a counter and I was trying to get a headshot from far away with Ada 2's sniper but I ended up headshotting a bloodshot so it didn't give me a kill and my 73 combo was gone :\

Evolved1

Why didn't Ada get a costume change for China? This was disappointing. Only one costume for her for 5 chapters.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Why didn't Ada get a costume change for China? This was disappointing. Only one costume for her for 5 chapters.

Because her outfit is boss.

Tried my first stab at solo mercs and it's really hard. Surprisingly you run out of time quickly. Most of the enemies took too long to attack me so I couldn't get a counter and I was trying to get a headshot from far away with Ada 2's sniper but I ended up headshotting a bloodshot so it didn't give me a kill and my 73 combo was gone :\

Go with a headshot and follow it up with a coup-de-grace melee attack. That's an insta-kill and gives you 5 seconds. I haven't played solo yet but I imagine that's the best way to do it.

Gravijah

REmake Jill and RE5 Jill are the same... I don't really count RE1 Jill just because graphics were shit at the time, so REmake Jill is the definitive version of RE1 Jill.

RE5 Jill looks a bit different from REmake Jill, though, because of how they are modeled. and all of RE5 Jill's outfits suck.

Nori Chan

Because her outfit is boss.

Go with a headshot and follow it up with a coup-de-grace melee attack. That's an insta-kill and gives you 5 seconds. I haven't played solo yet but I imagine that's the best way to do it.

Lol I was doing that the whole time, still ran out though lol

Sid

Ok so i've played till chapter 2 of the leon campaign and so far this game is pretty cool and it looks better than re5,i hope the rest of the game is just as awesome.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I was doing that the whole time, still ran out though lol

Oh lol, I dunno then.

BTW looking at the leaderboards I saw people who played solo with 9,999,999 points. Is that even possible? Or did those guys hack the game somehow?

Ok so i've played till chapter 2 of the leon campaign and so far this game is pretty cool and it looks better than re5,i hope the rest of the game is just as awesome.

You're in for a treat Mr. Meier.

Ahh, bought this yesterday and I've been having a superb time with it. A couple bullshit moments have happened here and there, but overall it's really fantastic so far. I've started with Leons campaign, as I'll do two chapters of each, then another two (to make it four of each) then the last chapter of each I'll do in a row.

One issue I had was in Chris' campaign where I ran out of ammo, and pretty much couldn't continue since moving on required the annoying enemies to be dead. So yeah, I often find myself out of ammo and that sucks.

Does Chris' campaign get better? I haven't finished chapter one but what I played I didn't enjoy.

And infinite ammo doesn't seem to work either. Played through the first chapter for Leons campaign a second time with my gf and we didn't have infinite ammo at all. :/

Nori Chan

your better off countering bloodshots. you get 10 seconds and they are one hit kills. if you get a group of them get some distance and repeat. Also fire grenades work well.

Yeah I use them all the time.

But didn't notice it was a bloodshot I was trying to snipe lol

Evolved1

Ahh, bought this yesterday and I've been having a superb time with it. A couple bullshit moments have happened here and there, but overall it's really fantastic so far. I've started with Leons campaign, as I'll do two chapters of each, then another two (to make it four of each) then the last chapter of each I'll do in a row.

One issue I had was in Chris' campaign where I ran out of ammo, and pretty much couldn't continue since moving on required the annoying enemies to be dead. So yeah, I often find myself out of ammo and that sucks.

Does Chris' campaign get better? I haven't finished chapter one but what I played I didn't enjoy.

And infinite ammo doesn't seem to work either. Played through the first chapter for Leons campaign a second time with my gf and we didn't have infinite ammo at all. :/

Infinite ammo is an unlock. You have the option to turn it on from the start, but that's more to filter people joining your game. They might have it, and you can allow them to use it or not. Until you get yours.

And it's on a per weapon basis...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

You have to buy the infinite ammo skill for each gun, and you don't unlock those skills until you beat the game.

For Chris' scenario, equip the Item Drop skill. You'll be swimming in ammo during the later chapters.

Also there's a chronological order of the chapters in the first post, I suggest playing through it that way.

For more ammo, make sure you melee when you can and use Item Drop increase as a skill.

Chris's campaign seems to be the most well-received. Particularly his later chapters.

And I believe you need to have the unlimited ammo skill in order to use it. That option is just like in RE5 probably. It just allows you to use the skill that grants infinite ammo.

Esura

Banned
Have you played RE5? I didn't want to spoil it.

Birdwoman is the fan name for the costume Jill wears up until she reveals herself in RE5. While she's been brainwashed by Wesker.

The costume would look super cool if they did it well with the right physics and everything (and, I mean, the animations are largely already done.)

though for some reason I don't think we're getting any more costume besides the Low Poly PSOne models that we found on the disc/demo.

Jill in the bird mask from RE5

Heck yeah I played RE5. Played it to death. One of my favorite non RPGs of this generation and made me a fan of the new school of RE. I just didn't know people called her BIRDWOMAN.

To be honest (RE5 spoilers)
Jill is horrible looking outside of the bird costume so she would be doing a service to the fans by being all bird like

I love how blonde Jill looks. Chris should get that.

You know, there are many characters in video games I really like (Solid Snake, Chloe Frazer, Commander Shepard), but it's only Jill Valentine that I actually feel a connection with. The reason being that REmake scared the absolute bejeezus out of me, and I felt like it was as harrowing for me to escape that game as it was for Jill to escape that mansion. That scene with her on the helicopter where she just looked so tired and exhausted - I felt exactly that way after playing REmake. And ever since then I've just felt an unbreakable connection with Jill.

Wow, my reasoning for liking Jill seems so...lame in comparison.

I like her cause she is hot. :(

The use of racist, "dark continent" imagery was more pathetic than scary.

How was it racist?

But I thought you were a Jill fan?

What's wrong with Rev Jill? She is sexy as hell.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Really?looking at the negativity here i thought this was going to be a fairly crappy game but yeah everyone should try it imo.

Ignore the negativity, this game is great (at least as far as I'm concerned). Make sure you get a handle on the combat moves though (sliding, rolling, ducking, quick shots, melee, counters) because you'll have a lot more fun once you know what you're doing, and none of this is explained in the game.

And of course come back here and share your impressions with us!

Wow, my reasoning for liking Jill seems so...lame in comparison.

I like her cause she is hot. :(

Haha, nothing wrong with that either. :)

Infinite ammo is an unlock. You have the option to turn it on from the start, but that's more to filter people joining your game. They might have it, and you can allow them to use it or not. Until you get yours.

And it's on a per weapon basis...

You have to buy the infinite ammo skill for each gun, and you don't unlock those skills until you beat the game.

For Chris' scenario, equip the Item Drop skill. You'll be swimming in ammo during the later chapters.

Also there's a chronological order of the chapters in the first post, I suggest playing through it that way.

For more ammo, make sure you melee when you can and use Item Drop increase as a skill.

Chris's campaign seems to be the most well-received. Particularly his later chapters.

And I believe you need to have the unlimited ammo skill in order to use it. That option is just like in RE5 probably. It just allows you to use the skill that grants infinite ammo.

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll check out the order and likely do a restart since I definitely want it all to make sense. :)

Sid

Ignore the negativity, this game is great (at least as far as I'm concerned). Make sure you get a handle on the combat moves though (sliding, rolling, ducking, quick shots, melee, counters) because you'll have a lot more fun once you know what you're doing, and none of this is explained in the game.

And of course come back here and share your impressions with us!
That's what i always do,i usually give a fair shot to every game which looks interesting also i think leon's combat moves are nice and yeah when i'm done i'll post the impressions.

Also wanted to mention, this game looks AMAZING! Graphically one of the best on consoles without a doubt imo. The lighting and facial animation is some of the best I've seen in gaming.

Deaths are so cheap in this game... Almost kinda ridiculous.

My deaths so far:

- 3 x Hit by random flying object thrown at me.
- killed by
Attack Heli (hated that scene, Chris chapter 3)
, so unbalanced...
- Killed by the
invisible snake
a split second after the re-animation animation...

Neiteio

Some figurines include an alternate model. Leon CH.2 boss is one of them, not sure if the final boss has it too.
Ah, you're right.
Derek Simmons
has one set of triggers to go to the previous and next models, but the second triggers are listed as "switch," which must access his alternate forms. :)

I dunno if it's been posted already but could somebody list all of Jake's moves and how to do them? I've been told there's a leg sweep and jumping smash attack. I have no idea how to do these and I wanna do them O_O

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno if it's been posted already but could somebody list all of Jake's moves and how to do them? I've been told there's a leg sweep and jumping smash attack. I have no idea how to do these and I wanna do them O_O

As far as I know, you hold Left Trigger to ready your melee, then you hold Right Trigger to charge the attack and release it to attack. Then if you keep mashing the Right Trigger you will do up to three follow up attacks that include leg sweeps and gut punches and even a sonic boom-type kick if the enemy is on the ground.

I did not want to say anything till I finish the whole game.... and I just did with a total playtime of 25 hours.

Honestly after RE5 I kinda gave up that a numbered RE game could give me that "feeling" the first 3 gave me in the 90s.

Thank god I was wrong.... I'm talking about Leon's section here, if they made the whole game as good as Leon's then this game could easily be the best RE game since Code Veronica X... close to RE4 maybe.

Sadly... they made Chris section in the game and it was THE WORSE hours EVER in any numbered RE game, I just wish capcom to appreciate what they already got with the series in the early games and STOP trying so hard to force this "bros" atmosphere on us.

Leon's was the best... then follows by Jake because it had really good moments after the first chapter, then ADA because I couldn't love her more than now... she finally got the attention she really deserve.

I don't even want to remember Chris section, I felt so stupid playing it.... so generic!

Thinking that I have to play as Chris again to get my Platinum trophy annoy me so much.

The game doesn't deserve 4.5.... and hell doesn't deserve anything more than 8.

7.5 is just right for the game....... but I would have given the game 8.5 if all the other sections were as awesome as Leon's.

As far as I know, you hold Left Trigger to ready your melee, then you hold Right Trigger to charge the attack and release it to attack. Then if you keep mashing the Right Trigger you will do up to three follow up attacks that include leg sweeps and gut punches and even a sonic boom-type kick if the enemy is on the ground.

Okay thanks. I'll try that shit when I get home. Can't wait to see it lol.

Top Bottom