• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Yea, I think Chris had the best campaign.

Did anyone else like how sherry was portrayed in this game? She was determined and strong to get things done, but was soft enough to show emotion.
yeah, I have said it before,
despite Chris being my favorite RE character and having my favorite campaign, Sherry was my favorite thing about this game.

So this game lacked something I sorely need in any Resi game, a cool villain. Simmons just didn't do it for me, nor "Ada". Their whole relationship felt weird to me and they couldn't carry the villain role in the slightest. I wish they never killed off Wesker in 5.

Edit: Ustanak was cool, but all the while he was on screen I kept thinking "RE3 did it better".

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So these skills totally blow... the buffs are barely noticeable. And the nerfs are very noticeable.

Martial Arts Master nerfs you guns to hell, but you barely get a melee buff. The only difference I can even detect is that the jump kick/shoulder charge is a bit more head poppy.

I love to counter, but on anything other than zombies, you can't even feel it to have the counter buff.

Most of these are just pointless.

Neiteio

So this game lacked something I sorely need in any Resi game, a cool villain. Simmons just didn't do it for me, nor "Ada". Their whole relationship felt weird to me and they couldn't carry the villain role in the slightest. I wish they never killed off Wesker in 5.

Edit: Ustanak was cool, but all the while he was on screen I kept thinking "RE3 did it better".
I kinda dig the creepy relationship between
Derek and Carla
and how one backstabs the other only to get backstabbed back.

(Back)

Ridesh

Banned
I enjoyed Chris's campaign more than I expected, once I got used to the controls and different movements the gameplay became quite comfortable, but I miss the pinpoint accuracy of RE4 & RE5. Enemy variety is pretty good too, the major flaw to me are the narrow scenaries.

Got a 1.1 million score on Mining the Depths with a friend. 150 combo. Feels good

Now, time to make some other people feel bad by killing them in Agent Hunt :D

Sectus

Hey, what ever came of Hunk being found on the disk? I don't know of any place he appears in the game...?

He's called Agent and he'll be
Ada's partner when there's coop for her campaign
. He's just a generic character, most of his melees are from other characters.

Neiteio

Sectus, I was hoping you'd show up: I didn't realize it when I linked it on the other page, but you did that High Sea Fortress duo video with Adam where you're Police Stripper Helena and he's Leon and the two of you botched the 150-combo and Adam nearly died. I'm glad you kept that video because that was exciting as hell! :)

I kinda dig the creepy relationship between
Derek and Carla
and how one backstabs the other only to get backstabbed back.

(Back)

I might have believed Derek's obsession and craziness a bit more if he wasn't also the goddamn National Security Advisor of the United States. In any case, the whole concept of
"The Family"
does seem kinda cool, even though its a blatant MGS rip-off. I'll be curious to see their influence played out more in RE7.

Neiteio

I might have believed Derek's obsession and craziness a bit more if he wasn't also the goddamn National Security Advisor of the United States. In any case, the whole concept of "The Family" does seem kinda cool, even though its a blatant MGS4 rip-off. I'll be curious to see their influence played out more in RE7.
Well, he's also with
The Family, the Illumanti-like people -really- running the country
, so it's not too farfetched he'd come to know someone like
Ada Wong
. :)

I wonder if (Revelation spoilers)
Jessica delivering the virus at the end of RER was for The Family

EekTheKat

Okay so I just noticed that Leon's quick shot
can be a full 5 hit combo that sometimes juggles zombies in the air - up until now I've stopped at 2-3
. Best part about it is
it's basically Dante's old dual wield animations so in a crowd Leon is spinning around picking out all sorts of targets around him doing no look trick shots

Really, really cool looking. And it's a very useful crowd control tool too.

Esura

Banned
Gosh darnit, cannot find a guide for all the emblems.

Question. Does infinite handgun ammo counts for ALL the primary weapons for a character? Like for example, the fourth campaign character uses an uzi as a primary weapon, so would that count?

beastmode

can be a full 5 hit combo that sometimes juggles zombies in the air - up until now I've stopped at 2-3
. Best part about it is
it's basically Dante's old dual wield animations so in a crowd Leon is spinning around picking out all sorts of targets around him doing no look trick shots

I like playing mercs as a Leon specced for quickshots. It's nice trying to use every advantage to regain gauge like lying on the floor or healing one block at a time when out.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

wait, what do you mean when?

Nemesis_

wait, what do you mean when?

It's being patched in, along with No Hope mode

The patch will also unlock the fourth campaign from the beginning.

Actually maybe we should incorporate the fourth campaign's chapters into the chronological order now? :p

Esura

Banned

Seeing your profile with all 80 emblems on RE.net makes me wanna go for it.

Shouldn't be too hard to get, I got all those medallion thingies in RE5 so I could get Sheva's tribal outfit. Skimpy outfits are usually a good enough motivation for me to do something tedious and boring.

Could I just quit a chapter once I get all of the emblems in a chapter like RE5?

Nemesis_

Was Ada working for the Family in past RE games?

It's doubtful.

I'm probably overlooking it, but where can you see a list or count of the serpent emblems you've collected?

Umm, if you go to your collection, you should see which files you have unlocked. Each file represents one emblem.

So if you have the first three in the top row in Leon's cabinet, then you're missing the final emblem in Leon's first chapter.

The only one where it might get a bit confusing is
....Ada's
because if I remember correctly some of their chapters have less than four but others have more, but I could be wrong.

Seeing your profile with all 80 emblems on RE.net makes me wanna go for it.

Shouldn't be too hard to get, I got all those medallion thingies in RE5 so I could get Sheva's tribal outfit. Skimpy outfits are usually a good enough motivation for me to do something tedious and boring.

Could I just quit a chapter once I get all of the emblems in a chapter like RE5?

I think you can. Whenever I shot an emblem I always played at least until the next save point, though, just to be safe. You probably can save and quit as soon as you've shot it, though, but I don't know for sure.

vg260

Umm, if you go to your collection, you should see which files you have unlocked. Each file represents one emblem.

So if you have the first three in the top row in Leon's cabinet, then you're missing the final emblem in Leon's first chapter.

The only one where it might get a bit confusing is
....Ada's
because if I remember correctly some of their chapters have less than four but others have more, but I could be wrong.

Aha. Thanks.

Oldschool

. Best part about it is

Wait, there are quickshot
combos too? Or only with leon wielding dual handgun? Didnt know that. You just have to press l1 + r1 in sequence?

Nemesis_

Ada was always working for some mysterious organization, right?
And there's some history between her and Simmons, obviously.

You're right, though she has changed allegiances many times throughout the series. There
was emphasis on the fact that her and Simmons had no contact between RE2 I believe, and RE6. Which is a long time.

I can't be certain as I am not as familiar with
Ada's story overall, well, with regards to her employer. She did work for "The Third Organization" during Resident Evil 4 but another employer basically made her betray Wesker

Though at the end of Resident Evil 6 it is implied that
Ada is simply working for herself now taking on random contracts

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I do find it weird how the RE.NET version of the files explain so much more than the in-game files. It's kind of odd that you need the files to understand a lot of the story, but then not even just the in-game files but the RE.NET version of the files as the ones in-game are usually only about half of the actual file.

The RE.NET files delve into a lot more about what the characters have been up to in the spare time, what has happened before the events of the game, further into the fates of characters such as the main cast, Claire, Sheva, and Simmons, and makes a few things make a lot more sense. Just kind of odd that this information is obtained so obtusely.

Nemesis_

I do find it weird how the RE.NET version of the files explain so much more than the in-game files. It's kind of odd that you need the files to understand a lot of the story, but then not even just the in-game files but the RE.NET version of the files as the ones in-game are usually only about half of the actual file.

The RE.NET files delve into a lot more about what the characters have been up to in the spare time, what has happened before the events of the game, further into the fates of characters such as the main cast, Claire, Sheva, and Simmons, and makes a few things make a lot more sense. Just kind of odd that this information is obtained so obtusely.

I know this is a while away, but I also wonder what would happen if RE.Net were to go down. Hopefully they have some way to patch these things in.

Esura

Banned
I think you can. Whenever I shot an emblem I always played at least until the next save point, though, just to be safe. You probably can save and quit as soon as you've shot it, though, but I don't know for sure.

Ah, cool.

I'm dreading this though. :p

I tried doing Mercenaries solo...and I suck. I can't get any higher than a D. I thought I was doing good too. I think I work better with another person than by myself.

cvxfreak

Maybe localization hit its word count too early? :p

Sounds to me like it's simply an incentive to get people to go on the site. Maybe the inevitable Gold Edition will contain the complete files.

Esura

Banned
Maybe localization hit its word count too early? :p

Sounds to me like it's simply an incentive to get people to go on the site. Maybe the inevitable Gold Edition will contain the complete files.

That reminds me. I need to buy the RE5 Gold Edition. Tried buying it on Amazon before but they gave me the PAL version which obviously doesn't work with the NTSC-U save. Why they did that...do not know.

Ah, cool.

I'm dreading this though. :p

I tried doing Mercenaries solo...and I suck. I can't get any higher than a D. I thought I was doing good too. I think I work better with another person than by myself.

Yeah, I'm no good at solo mercs either.

No skimpy outfits for the emblems in this game... but...

There is a figurine of Sherry in her lab dress. It's the corner one in Jake's campaign.

cvxfreak

That reminds me. I need to buy the RE5 Gold Edition. Tried buying it on Amazon before but they gave me the PAL version which obviously doesn't work with the NTSC-U save. Why they did that...do not know.

There's a PSN version if you wanted it instantly... but yeah, bizarre.

Esura

Banned
Yeah, I'm no good at solo mercs either.

No skimpy outfits for the emblems in this game... but...

There is a figurine of Sherry in her lab dress. It's the corner one in Jake's campaign.

How do you unlock those in the game anyway? I remember by the end of the game in RE5 having lots of figurines. In RE6...none. :(

There's a PSN version if you wanted it instantly... but yeah, bizarre.

Don't have the space for it sadly. Well, I guess I can try getting from Amazon again, but from another seller instead.

Tenbatsu

Just beat Chris's campaign.

Question about a Chapter 4 part though

When you're protecting Piers in the jet while he's going to shut down the missle, and the monster comes out, why does it seem so impossible to stun even when shooting at its back?
I had to be doing something wrong, that took us forever to beat without my friend getting killed.
I encountered a bug at this part. Piers was running stationary in circles till time up and game over!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How do you unlock those in the game anyway? I remember by the end of the game in RE5 having lots of figurines. In RE6...none. :(

You unlock files and figurines in this game by collecting emblems. Files you get automatically whenever you shoot an emblem (each emblem unlocks a file), but there are 4 emblems hidden in each chapter. IF you get each emblem in a chapter, you unlock a figurine, as well as if you get each first emblem in a campaign, you get a figurine. If you go to the Collection Menu in RE6 this will make more sense as its kind of like a game where every time you fill a row of files, you unlock a figurine (with 10 to unlock per campaign, 40 in total).

They have a voice clip and are similar to their RE5 style. They each also have customized backgrounds though, which I thought was interesting.

Esura

Banned
In Collections each row of emblems unlocks a figurine. 4 across, 4 down, and one the corner for having all of them.

You unlock files and figurines in this game by collecting emblems. Files you get automatically whenever you shoot an emblem (each emblem unlocks a file), but there are 4 emblems hidden in each chapter. IF you get each emblem in a chapter, you unlock a figurine, as well as if you get each first emblem in a campaign, you get a figurine. If you go to the Collection Menu in RE6 this will make more sense as its kind of like a game where every time you fill a row of files, you unlock a figurine (with 10 to unlock per campaign, 40 in total).

Ah, ok. Now it seems a bit easier to track which ones I want too. Time to click on the notepad and work it.

Ah, ok.

Now it seems a bit easier to track which ones I want too. Time to click on the notepad.

Yeah, looking there it's easy to tell where you're missing them. Like if for example you have the first and third emblem in one chapter and you're missing the second, you know the one you're looking for is somewhere between the two you already found.

Of course if you're using a guide it's even easier than that...

I admit I used a guide for quite a few.

Thanks to those who replied to my playthrough order. I'm going to stick with the OP version, I'd rather the game end on a high note (Leons ending) than be bummed out when it's finished (Jake?)

One thing I gotta say, I loathe Chris' campaign. I think that's my problem with this game in general, the more action orientated parts of it. When I first started playing, not knowing about the order etc, I LOVED Leons campaign (only finished two chapters)! Enough shooting and horror esque elements combined. Chris' is straight up shooting, and not well crafted shooter mechanics imo. He feels sluggish and the J'avo are about the worst enemies to fight. Not to mention the fact that even with the increased ammo drop skill, I still often run out of a ammo, even though I use efficiently and I have to let the AI do the work while I run around in circles.

A few times this has happened in Chris' campaign now, and it's very frustrating. A plus for his campaign is the ending of chapter 2. Very cool

Really tempted to just start again and play Leon/Chris then Jake just because the jumping around kinda puts me off...but you guys have said that Jakes ending isn't exactly a great one, compared to Leons at least. :/

What do I do...

Top Bottom