• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Lol... Leon demo.

I walk down the stairs and there's that one zombie standing there and then the one on the floor, that doesn't spring to life until you get close.

I kick the one standing and he falls onto the one on the floor. They both start struggling but can't get up. I do Leo's knife attack and he OHK stabs them both.

That was awesome.

Zombie sandwich.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thats strange, all I had to do was press O. Sherry got stuck on a climbing loop at one point, but never something where a partner door wouldnt open.
I wonder if the 'hold O' to control your partner mechanic is just as pathfinding fail safe. lol

ApolloJoh

He has and he was using it in the other stream.

Pro seems a bit more fair, until you get hit by a melee attack. It would be really dumb if they let RE 5's Pro mode difficulty rock here, when enemies have an abundance of guns.

Speaking of, if this is pro...man. Capcom took all of this influence from these other devs, except AI. These J'avo are dumb as all hell.

I thought Professional was unlocked after beating a campaign and only selectable for that campaign until you complete the others.

Unless he went back to Leon's and tried it out or something.

Mit-

Stagger a guy... melee from behind. Neck snaps and all sorts of stuff... also special melee for rear attacks on unsuspecting enemies, iirc.

Not sure if the arm stagger is different... still experimenting myself.

If you have a knife or stun rod, the OHK on downed enemies is pretty cool.

What do you mean by stagger? Like just hit them with one of the manual melee attacks, then run up on them?

I guess I figured the only thing you could do was continue the manually-executed melee combo. And that's cool that there's melees for unsuspecting enemies. I'll have to try that.

omonimo

Banned
[SARCASM]Yeah, because there's no way the game could ACTUALLY be good.[/SARCASM]
Well... yeah, there is very tough to be optimist after to have played to the demo; keep in mind I'm a RE fan & I'm not happy to realize this eh. But I imagine will ever exist people who will deny even the evidence.

RE3 didn't have an infinite gun until you earned it in the battle game. Easy mode just gave you a metric ass-ton of ammo to start out.

Also, my body is ready. My preorder is through newegg so i'm not getting it until Wednesday or Thursday and I have to take a work trip next week, but i've played through the entire mainline series in anticipation up to revelations. Got a week to finish that and RE5.

did they just give you a machine gun at 100% then? i'm struggling to remember. i never played it on easy.

mernst23

did they just give you a machine gun at 100% then? i'm struggling to remember. i never played it on easy.

The game gives you the handgun + 256 rounds, shotgun + 63 rounds, magnum + 30 rounds, and assault rifle with 300% ammo. It's ridiculous. Plus the enemies are a ton weaker.

I thought I was excited before I saw that trailer. Simply one of the best game trailers I've ever seen. Not MGS good, but good.

Yeah, regardless of all this hate, I've been keeping myself extremely spoiler free. Only seeing the first trailer, playing the demos, and now this! Still so excited! :D

denshuu

Did they change where the hitbox is for the arm and knee stuns? Because I got the knee stuns 100% of the RE5 Mercenaries and Mercs 3D but I've run through each scenario in this demo at least ten times now and I don't think I've ever gotten either of them. Just the headshot stun.

This is the RE6 thread, you're doing it wrong. Here let me fix it for you:

"I have supreme trouble imagining a universe in which anyone would be able to extract any entertainment value whatsoever from watching someone else play a game you are interested in. I mean really, you must be delusional if you think that is fun. It is beyond the pale to imagine anyone seeing this as a fun activity. Just thinking about it gives me extreme and unrelenting indigestion."

So perfect.

Evolved1

What do you mean by stagger? Like just hit them with one of the manual melee attacks, then run up on them?

I guess I figured the only thing you could do was continue the manually-executed melee combo. And that's cool that there's melees for unsuspecting enemies. I'll have to try that.

Stagger is literal... they literally stagger.

You can cause this to happen a number of ways. Shoot them in specific areas of the body, slide into them (this spins them around giving you a free back attack which is usually a cool looking OHK), jump kick them, vanilla melee them... blind them with flashes... lots of ways to do it. Stagger them next to certain objects in the environment, and when you melee them it'll be a cool environmental kill, smashing their head on wall or desk or whatever.

You can even jump off shit to melee kill them. Which is awesome.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Did they change where the hitbox is for the arm and knee stuns? Because I got the knee stuns 100% of the RE5 Mercenaries and Mercs 3D but I've run through each scenario in this demo at least ten times now and I don't think I've ever gotten either of them. Just the headshot stun.

I don't think you can knee/arm stun the J'avo, at least I haven't been able to. With zombies you definitely can though - one shot to the arm, or two shots to the leg will do it.

T.O.P

Banned
This hasn't been posted in this thread.

Launch Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFx5IpmUasc&feature=g-all-u

tumblr_m5zjevuu891ru08qdo1_500.gif

one week to go, i'm now officially dying to play this

Evolved1

I don't think you can knee/arm stun the J'avo, at least I haven't been able to. With zombies you definitely can though - one shot to the arm, or two shots to the leg will do it.

in your opinion is that trailer spoilery? I'm having a crisis of conscience. lol

george_us

FWIW, I, and and what I perceive to be a growing number of other people, think that some/most/all of the awkwardness is not because the game is bad, but because it takes a while to get used to.

I think that once you get used to it the mechanics show a lot of depth in what they allow you to do and work pretty damn well when you get the hang of them.

I suggest sticking with it. See if there is anything there you think you could, with practice, get used to.
This thought honestly crossed my mind. Some Capcom games I've played like Lost Planet, Dead Rising, and Dragon's Dogma don't click with me right away but they wind up growing on me and making me love them, or at the very least, like them. I assume that is what's going to happen with RE6 which is why I still have it preordered. I honestly don't mind the more action oriented slant anymore.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
in your opinion is that trailer spoilery? I'm having a crisis of conscience. lol

Most of it is fine but there are a few things that may be considered spoilery. I don't know how many trailers you've seen, but there are certain light spoilers that I think were in some of the earlier trailers they've put out. There's one line of dialogue in the trailer I wish I hadn't heard, but it's pretty vague. And then there's a scene that may spoil a certain environment in the game.

But coming out of the trailer I still don't know anything for certain, so it's not terrible. To be safe I'd say stay away.

Evolved1

Most of it is fine but there are a few things that may be considered spoilery. I don't know how many trailers you've seen, but there are certain light spoilers that I think were in some of the earlier trailers they've put out. There's one line of dialogue in the trailer I wish I hadn't heard, but it's pretty vague. And then there's a scene that may spoil a certain environment in the game.

But coming out of the trailer I still don't know anything for certain, so it's not terrible. To be safe I'd say stay away.

Thanks... I'll try to tough it out. I've avoided all trailers so far... must resist just a little while longer.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It also just occurred to me that we've never seen Leon and Chris in the same Resi game. The closest they've gotten is that Claire worked with Leon in RE2, and she is Chris' sister. Also he mentions in RE5 that he read about the ganado in the "Kennedy report," but beyond that they haven't had direct contact.

In fact, taking it a little further, the majority of the characters in this game are the RE2 cast (Leon, Ada, Sherry), not to mention that Chris killed Wesker who is Jake's father, so Chris is definitely the outcast in this situation. I cannot wait to see what goes down in the plot.

I'm behind Chris 100%.

Beth Cyra

It also just occurred to me that we've never seen Leon and Chris in the same Resi game. The closest they've gotten is that Claire worked with Leon in RE2, and she is Chris' sister. Also he mentions in RE5 that he read about the ganado in the "Kennedy report," but beyond that they haven't had direct contact.

In fact, taking it a little further, the majority of the characters in this game are the RE2 cast (Leon, Ada, Sherry), not to mention that Chris killed Wesker who is Jake's father, so Chris is definitely the outcast in this situation. I cannot wait to see what goes down in the plot.

I'm behind Chris 100%.

Actually the closest would probably be CVX becuase Leon while not there is contacted by Claire and then Leon contacted Chris to send him after Claire.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Actually the closest would probably be CVX becuase Leon while not there is contacted by Claire and then Leon contacted Chris to send him after Claire.

Ah, interesting, I haven't played that game yet (waiting on my version of RE6 Archives so I can finally play CV:X HD).

dokish

Banned
I love Leon but... damn, Jake & Sherry seem to have a good chemistry. How to turn a crappy demo into a day 1 sale.

Team Sherry it is.

I have both consoles. Any word on what's the best choice? (Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't follow up any news regarding RE6 until now)

Evolved1

Ok so... this is a spoiler I can handle... is Jill a Merc? Or Sheva?

Do we have the full list yet?

Lakitu

st5fu
Ugh, I had hoped the camera would be fixed for the game but looking at some gameplay, it definitely hasn't. The FOV really makes me feel weird too.

Top Bottom