• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood how anyone could watch someone play a game you want to play. But more power to you. I just read it took the guy 8 hours to finish Leon, that is insane.

This is the RE6 thread, you're doing it wrong. Here let me fix it for you:

"I have supreme trouble imagining a universe in which anyone would be able to extract any entertainment value whatsoever from watching someone else play a game you are interested in. I mean really, you must be delusional if you think that is fun. It is beyond the pale to imagine anyone seeing this as a fun activity. Just thinking about it gives me extreme and unrelenting indigestion."

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The perk I'm most interested in is the one that removes your aiming dot/laser and increases weapon damage. That should make for an interesting second playthrough.

Yeah... easily the most creative one I read from the list.

And since I've played so many shooters over the years with the crosshairs off, hopefully will fit like a glove.

(of course this will be harder with no ironsight, lol)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
BTW for those still watching the stream, does Professional look very difficult? In RE5 one hit put you in the danger zone. What's it like here?

ApolloJoh

BTW for those still watching the stream, does Professional look very difficult? In RE5 one hit put you in the danger zone. What's it like here?

Wasn't from the stream but in some video I saw, getting grabbed along with breaking out took off 3 or 4 bars of health. Probably getting hit by the bigger dudes would put you in instant danger state.

I'd assume with leveled up-to-maxed out defense modifiers it won't be as much though. With no skills or Lone Wolf only, I bet Pro would be a bit challenging.

Evolved1

Alright now that's pretty cool. I would probably start switching to digital downloads if I could get games day 1. However retail shops still have the better discounts, and you can't resell a digital copy of a game.

Possible midnight release too. :)

That would be just fantastic. I could DL before bed and play in the morning.

Personally I will take the hit on resale to have it on my HDD (my console will last longer) and play it/delete it/DL it anytime.

Evolved1

Great! Will get it from there. Too bad you can't pre-order it and get some "free" bonus maps like on the Euro PSN.

Yeah, for some reason RE6 doesn't have pre-order or 10% off for plus members like some of the other games. Kinda sucks.

But the blog guy posted some of these games will be midnight release, so hopefully RE6 at least gets that.

Mit-

So can we discuss demo in here now?

I just played Leon and Chris' demos last night on co-op. Was a blast. I was fine with the controls. Bugged me how fast you move ALL the time (really have to slightly tilt the joystick to walk through environments and make sure you can see stuff).

My only real qualms were indeed the FOV everyone has been talking about. Character really takes up a lot of the screen. The RE4 vs. 6 image someone put up earlier pretty much hit the nail on the head on how to fix it.

Also, why does every set of characters have a totally different pause menu? Blech. They look cool but it wasn't intuitive when I was desperately trying to figure out why Piers kept shooting over his left shoulder.

And quick shot is godlike, wtf. Homes in on closest enemy, and sets up a melee? Whatev.

Anyone know how many unique melees were possible? There's the obvious default melee, a headshot melee, and I think I got one for a few shots to the leg. Surely there is more. I got tired of Leon flipping people over his shoulder or stabbing them in the chest. One time I drove a knife up through a guy's chin, wasn't sure how that happened.

Evolved1

So can we discuss demo in here now?

I just played Leon and Chris' demos last night on co-op. Was a blast. I was fine with the controls. Bugged me how fast you move ALL the time (really have to slightly tilt the joystick to walk through environments and make sure you can see stuff).

My only real qualms were indeed the FOV everyone has been talking about. Character really takes up a lot of the screen. The RE4 vs. 6 image someone put up earlier pretty much hit the nail on the head on how to fix it.

Also, why does every set of characters have a totally different pause menu? Blech. They look cool but it wasn't intuitive when I was desperately trying to figure out why Piers kept shooting over his left shoulder.

And quick shot is godlike, wtf. Homes in on closest enemy, and sets up a melee? Whatev.

Anyone know how many unique melees were possible? There's the obvious default melee, a headshot melee, and I think I got one for a few shots to the leg. Surely there is more. I got tired of Leon flipping people over his shoulder or stabbing them in the chest. One time I drove a knife up through a guy's chin, wasn't sure how that happened.

There are quite a few melee. And it also depends on the weapon you are holding, the weapon they are holding, how they were staggered, where you're standing in relation to the enemy either normal or staggered, and where you are in the environment.

And then each character has a different melee suite. And some characters have additional melee, for example... Jake has an "equippable" melee moveset.

Each character has a vanilla 1-2 combo... there's quite a bit to it. There's even different melee when you're laying on your back. Or during a dash.

Have fun. It is a shitload of fun figuring all this out.

SkylineRKR

There is dashing melee, and melee from the back... The knife stabbing seems to be done on enemies with a knife. Quick shot does eat stamina btw.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I like about the whole system is that herbs now also refill your stamina. So if you've got a few bars of health that need to be replenished, it generally makes sense not to pop a pill until you're low on stamina. However you then run the risk of being hit again and going into danger. Risk vs. reward. I can see that really making you pause and think before popping some pills because being low on stamina is no damn fun when you're surrounded by enemies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont get that thing were you need to hold 'O' to open a door and control your partner.
Its kinda odd even buggy. On the Leon campaign my team mate got stuck running against a wall and i had to steer it towards the door.

On the Chris Campaign i got a bug in which i couldnt kill some enemies, i shooted 'em but there was no feedback whatsoever and they just stood there shooting.

Needless to say: I didnt like it one bit.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Why doesn't this game come with bikini DLC?

Hrm... Chris' campaign looks like a janky western style shooter.

CaVaYeRo

I'm not super excited yet, but will play it non-stop sometime before Christmas, as it usually happens to me with this series...

are people really complaining about an infinite ammo option potentially being available right out of the box? did we complain about RE3 having a difficulty that gave you an infinite ammo machine gun right out of the box back in the day?

maybe we did, but it's not a completely new thing for the series.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
He has and he was using it in the other stream.

Pro seems a bit more fair, until you get hit by a melee attack. It would be really dumb if they let RE 5's Pro mode difficulty rock here, when enemies have an abundance of guns.

Speaking of, if this is pro...man. Capcom took all of this influence from these other devs, except AI. These J'avo are dumb as all hell.

Teknoman

I dont get that thing were you need to hold 'O' to open a door and control your partner.
Its kinda odd even buggy. On the Leon campaign my team mate got stuck running against a wall and i had to steer it towards the door.

On the Chris Campaign i got a bug in which i couldnt kill some enemies, i shooted 'em but there was no feedback whatsoever and they just stood there shooting.

Needless to say: I didnt like it one bit.

Thats strange, all I had to do was press O. Sherry got stuck on a climbing loop at one point, but never something where a partner door wouldnt open.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I refuse to believe that the guy playing on the stream can have over 400 platinum trophies and yet be this terrible.

You don't have to be great at video games for a lot of plats. You just need an absurd amount of patience.

Reviewers & other early access folks: If any of you are interested in a normal difficulty co-op playthrough on PlayStation 3, I'm planning a marathon session starting 8AM PST tomorrow morning. I'm shooting for full story completion with hour long breaks in between each scenario. I'll leave my session open for public access if you'd like to jump in or if you'd like to add me, my ID is oilywater.

Mit-

I had fun rolling around in the demo. Still think its funny that everything ends up with you in the prone position on your back. :D

If you don't hold the roll/dodge button, they usually have an animation for immediately getting up instead of lying down and then getting up. I believe the exception is jumping backwards onto your back.

And are there anymore specific melees people have found that you can intentionally setup every time? Like I said all I really found was the headshot one. I came across the situational stuff, like stealing a guys axe and slashing him with it, or turning around and elbowing someone behind me. I just want to know all the sexy things I can do when there's one poor bastard making his way toward me. Perhaps I'll try a headshot and then run behind him.

mernst23

are people really complaining about an infinite ammo option potentially being available right out of the box? did we complain about RE3 having a difficulty that gave you an infinite ammo machine gun right out of the box back in the day?

maybe we did, but it's not a completely new thing for the series.

RE3 didn't have an infinite gun until you earned it in the battle game. Easy mode just gave you a metric ass-ton of ammo to start out.

Also, my body is ready. My preorder is through newegg so i'm not getting it until Wednesday or Thursday and I have to take a work trip next week, but i've played through the entire mainline series in anticipation up to revelations. Got a week to finish that and RE5.

You don't have to be great at video games for a lot of plats. You just need an absurd amount of patience.

He's definitely got multiple people playing under one account

Looking at his list he's platted a ton of hard shit like every game in the MGS HD Collection, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, both versions of SF4, KOF XIII, etc.

Evolved1

If you don't hold the roll/dodge button, they usually have an animation for immediately getting up instead of lying down and then getting up. I believe the exception is jumping backwards onto your back.

And are there anymore specific melees people have found that you can intentionally setup every time? Like I said all I really found was the headshot one. I came across the situational stuff, like stealing a guys axe and slashing him with it, or turning around and elbowing someone behind me. I just want to know all the sexy things I can do when there's one poor bastard making his way toward me. Perhaps I'll try a headshot and then run behind him.

Stagger a guy... melee from behind. Neck snaps and all sorts of stuff... also special melee for rear attacks on unsuspecting enemies, iirc.

Not sure if the arm stagger is different... still experimenting myself.

If you have a knife or stun rod, the OHK on downed enemies is pretty cool.

Top Bottom