• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Astral

Apparently the FOV changes at different points in the campaign. Sometimes it's pulled back, sometimes it's close up. I don't think there's an option to change it to your liking though.

Damn. That's a real shame. I've gotten a little used to the camera but it's still bad. My character shouldn't cover a huge chunk of the screen.

I'm watching the Chris campaign stream and the current stage is very Resident Evil-y... they nailed the atmosphere in this one, it's perfect.

I said the same thing in the chat - its perfect RE level design, pacing and combat.
Unfortunately the first 2 chapters I saw had utterly dreadful level design :/
I turned off - glad I tuned back in.

Am just not sure why the game am watching just now is not the game across the rest of the game :/ Its Resident Evil 4 at its finest stuff right here.

Wait for the PC version will be long though.

I don't really mind - plus it'll come to hand easier than 360 version as I'll probably tidy away the console if I get a WiiU.

The fact am thinking of getting the game is kind of surprising for me, I was sitting laughing at the Chris stuff this afternoon, some of it is - dreadful. But some of this was perfection.

I can wait.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This hasn't been posted in this thread.

Launch Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFx5IpmUasc&feature=g-all-u

Time to party yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaa

SWNNb.gif
HiDLy.gif
QtIZg.gif

HiDLy.gif
iUJxr.gif
SWNNb.gif

QtIZg.gif
HiDLy.gif
SWNNb.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The deaths area kinda hidden by camera angles and vfx. There area some gruesome ones, but none that look as horrible as the Dead Space / RE 4 ones.

Why is that, by the way?

Beth Cyra

The deaths area kinda hidden by camera angles and vfx. There area some gruesome ones, but none that look as horrible as the Dead Space / RE 4 ones.

Why is that, by the way?

Have someone slowly slice your neck open, or being gutteted sound just as good as most of 4's in all honesty. Well to me at least.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Huh, I just realized I have never died in the demo. Are there any good deaths in the demo?

I got stepped on in the Chris demo... haha... it was a pretty epic death. No hidden camera angle on that one...

Speaking of which I might make pancakes tomorrow morning, with raspberry topping...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Uh oh guys I played Leon and Jake's demos again tonight and I made it my goal to just get through them as fast as possible rather than soaking in the atmosphere and I actually had substantially more fun playing that way. Camera still fucking sucks, though.

Does anyone know what’s on the first disc and the second disc for the 360 version?

Also, does anyone know how much space it will take up to install both of the discs?

Nemesis_

Does anyone know what’s on the first disc and the second disc for the 360 version?

Also, does anyone know how much space it will take up to install both of the discs?

My copy is on the way as of yesterday, hopefully I can confirm this for you when it arrives.

Also keen to know PS3 Install size for the OP too

~Kinggi~

Banned
My copy is on the way as of yesterday, hopefully I can confirm this for you when it arrives.

Also keen to know PS3 Install size for the OP too

I too would be interested in impressions of the 360 version. Like, the install stuff as well as framerate/tearing issues and if its similar to the demo.

Just finished playing a few hours of the RE6 360 retail SKU.

Downloaded the Dragon's Dogma demo and the Public Demo and was a bit mixed in reaction. Though I liked the environments I was afraid the next installment would seem a bit stale.

Just need to confirm that the demos don't come close to the amount of sheer intensity and surprises the sequel has in store (and this is only a few hours into Leon's campaign).

I don't want to spoil anything, but I'll just say the zombies are very creative in their attacks and there are A TON of new variants. Also, the game can mob you with plenty of them. What's nice is that it's up to the player how many they want to take down. Pick off more and you receive more skill points and ammo. But you risk losing a chunk of health - and every zombie attack takes off a considerable amount.

The environments are AMAZING. Some of the best in terms of mood, lighting, and sound.

The new dash and dodge moves and completely necessary to take on the new zombies. It takes getting used to and can be clunky in moments, but they are effective.

Back to the game...

~Kinggi~

Banned

Downloaded the Dragon's Dogma demo and the Public Demo and was a bit mixed in reaction. Though I liked the environments I was afraid the next installment would seem a bit stale.

Just need to confirm that the demos don't come close to the amount of sheer intensity and surprises the sequel has in store (and this is only a few hours into Leon's campaign).

I don't want to spoil anything, but I'll just say the zombies are very creative in their attacks and there are A TON of new variants. Also, the game can mob you with plenty of them. What's nice is that it's up to the player how many they want to take down. Pick off more and you receive more skill points and ammo. But you risk losing a chunk of health - and every zombie attack takes off a considerable amount.

The environments are AMAZING. Some of the best in terms of mood, lighting, and sound.

The new dash and dodge moves and completely necessary to take on the new zombies. It takes getting used to and can be clunky in moments, but they are effective.

Back to the game...
How are the technical issues? Framerates, any screen tearing? Loading times?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Good to hear! I'm really excited to play this when it comes out.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Really not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this game. Just finished playing the demo and it was interesting. I was under the impression that Leon was supposed to play like RE4, Jake was supposed to be full on action, and Chris was a hybrid of the two.

I noticed the level design and the weapons they give you varied, so maybe that's supposed to be the big difference. Had the most fun with Jake's demo. Leon's melee is hella overpowered too. I stopped using my guns after a little while and started kicking the shit out of everyone instead.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. No clue what the skill system is supposed to be but I kept picking up skill points. Weapons were alright, but they all felt a little weak. Movement is a little goofy because the camera like to jump or change directions randomly sometimes.

Anyone else feel like Chris' campaign was basically "Japan tries to make a Call of Duty?"

Ken

Really not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this game. Just finished playing the demo and it was interesting. I was under the impression that Leon was supposed to play like RE4, Jake was supposed to be full on action, and Chris was a hybrid of the two.

I noticed the level design and the weapons they give you varied, so maybe that's supposed to be the big difference. Had the most fun with Jake's demo. Leon's melee is hella overpowered too. I stopped using my guns after a little while and started kicking the shit out of everyone instead.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. No clue what the skill system is supposed to be but I kept picking up skill points. Weapons were alright, but they all felt a little weak. Movement is a little goofy because the camera like to jump or change directions randomly sometimes.

Anyone else feel like Chris' campaign was basically "Japan tries to make a Call of Duty?"

Melee attacks usually are one to two hit kills, especially in Mercenaries.

Back to the game...

Ok I give up! Off I go to pre-order!

How are the technical issues? Framerates, any screen tearing? Loading times?

360 SKU is 30 frames per second. It seems to dip just slightly in certain outdoor locations. No screen tearing (so far). Load times are about five seconds between each switch to a new major location.

Special effects are very nice, from the glowing fire flames, to smoke, which is dynamically lit from Leon and Helena's flashlight.

Skill system lets you purchase offensive and defensive aids at the title screen. Up to three can be equipped and there are a lot to choose from (including some really expensive ones).

Also a surprise - this game is a challenge and you will die a lot.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I know nothing of this game. How long is it supposed to be?

Reports range from 15-26 hours for all 4 campaigns. Some outlets have suggested it's a case of quantity over quality, though.

The last thing this world needs is another Call of Duty.

No seriously, this is the list:

The Last Thing The World Needs

1. Call of Duty clones
2. World War 3

That's the list.

ErikB will say he likes ANYTHING no matter how self-evidently terrible it is in defense of this game.

DukeBobby

Back to the game...

Thanks for the impressions. I was initially turned off by the demo, but after watching the stream earlier and reading this, I may reconsider my decision to skip this game.

ironcreed

Banned

Back to the game...

That is what I like to hear. Thanks.

Teknoman

lol Famitsu...

il4ZQah2vUHeZ.gif

Replace accordingly

Edit:
I'm watching the Chris campaign stream and the current stage is very Resident Evil-y... they nailed the atmosphere in this one, it's perfect.

Wow lol at the gif, thats crazy. Also glad to hear the scenarios all seem to be a good mix of gameplay styles.

EDIT: This game is going to be the Dragon's Dogma of the RE series. Bad / hectic demo with no real grounding for the player, then the retail version turns out to be a great experience.

Jawmuncher

Why is that, by the way?
I'm assuming the main reason was so they didn't have to censor it as much for other regions. Remember how in RE4 you could actually see your head chainsawed off? In RE5 that was gone, so capcom is probably keeping it somewhat censored without saying it is.

Do we know anything about Mercenaries or alt costumes yet?

Im still waiting on info as well.

I'm assuming the main reason was so they didn't have to censor it as much for other regions. Remember how in RE4 you could actually see your head chainsawed off? In RE5 that was gone, so capcom is probably keeping it somewhat censored without saying it is.

I could have sworn I saw a TGS video of a horrible player using Ada, and getting sawed diagonally (Gears-style, less gore).

~Kinggi~

Banned
To celebrate the cheese i have watched RE Damnation.

184887-d1.jpg

Its highly enjoyable if you are smashed as fuck like myself.

Anyway its also known as '1001 ways to oogle Ada's private parts'. Its a weird mix of impressive CG with some poor cg. Overall though it felt like a feature film rather than a cutscene. I enjoyed how they brought back an old enemy. There is something also oddly hyping about seeing the RE 6 footage in the credits look almost as good as the movie, lulz. It should satisfy those that want their cheesy RE story fix until RE 6 comes out.

Top Bottom