• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wow. He is really bad at this.

I'm having a hard time understanding why he's just running past everything.

i really was looking forward to this game, but the demo just killed all interest for me :( not only did it veer away from previous mechanics, but the new ones are so sloppy. and the graphics were terrible >_>

ironcreed

Banned
I have to say, what I have seen of the campaign with Chris has made me really warm up to it. Much better stuff than what we saw in either demo. I was sure playing with him would be the weak point of the game for me, but his campaign looks pretty good.

Wait, Wario64 says RE 6 got a 39/40 in Famitsu? whut

lol Famitsu...

il4ZQah2vUHeZ.gif

Replace accordingly

Edit:
I'm watching the Chris campaign stream and the current stage is very Resident Evil-y... they nailed the atmosphere in this one, it's perfect.

braves01

Banned
Edit:
I'm watching the Chris campaign stream and the current stage is very Resident Evil-y... they nailed the atmosphere in this one, it's perfect.

Yeah, I agree. Looks way better than some of the other Chris stuff I saw before.

campaign-related spoiler:
dat alien-esque death animation

I hated the demo. Absolutely loathed it. I actually kind of liked Leon's demo, but the Jake and Chris portions were terrible. I hated the controls. I hated the focus on Uncharted/Gears shooting. I hated the context sensitive QTE bullshit. The game is not a Resident Evil game. It just so happens that it is a game that features Resident Evil characters.

ironcreed

Banned
Damn, really good sign to see these
Regenerator
looking guys while playing with Chris. It's not going to be all COD like some think.

DukeBobby

Agreed. I disliked the demo, but this stream is impressing me. The monster designs are clearly better than they were in Resident Evil 5.

ironcreed

Banned
This game... is going to be so delicious in online co-op... goddamn. Is there anything RE6 can't do?

Yeah, I am more fond of playing with Chris than I was. But I still did not really dig the part with
the jet.
Glad to see the more real RE type stuff that came before it, though. Much better than what is in the demo.

Neiteio

lol at Noriega toying with thetrin XD

And yeah, camera's way too close in this game. I kind of like the "throw everything and the kitchen sink" approach they seem to be taking, though. If nothing else, the game becomes like a variety pack, even if the "jack of all trades, master of none" mentality does wear thin.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So that one Leon video where the camera was pulled back a bit was a lie?

Apparently the FOV changes at different points in the campaign. Sometimes it's pulled back, sometimes it's close up. I don't think there's an option to change it to your liking though.

Must say the latter Chris stuff is looking really really awesome, shame about the 3/4 hours to get there :/

Certain things mean I'll probably HAVE to get this game on some platform.
PC if it never comes to WiiU I think.

We'll see; theres some good content there; shame about a lot of the rest I suppose :/

Top Bottom