• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Jawmuncher

I could have sworn I saw a TGS video of a horrible player using Ada, and getting sawed diagonally (Gears-style, less gore).

Who knows.
Im guessing then that some stuff is ok while other sort of decapitations and what not arent.
The german version is supposed to be (UNCUT and Unaltered) so im guessing they just worked with what they could allow.

EDIT: This game is going to be the Dragon's Dogma of the RE series. Bad / hectic demo with no real grounding for the player, then the retail version turns out to be a great experience.

I think you might be right, which is a good thing considering Dragon's Dogma is my current GOTY!

~Kinggi~

Banned
*chuckles* I wonder how much the guy gets paid to say what he says. Better be some good money.

Capcom got plants? Wouldn't be surprised.

Havent you heard? Like 20% of neogaf is viral marketers. Im serious when i say that. Its probably not 20% though, maybe like 5-10%.

AlexBasch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKq2cdspyQs

The one at the 1 min. mark is definitely the Lancer execution from Gears 3. The other one is around 3:20. Minor spoilers here, by the way.
See, I don't feel like fueling the flames on the camera/fov thing, but the camera looks less intrusive with the lighter, skinnier Ada. I guess it's just the huge, filled with steroids Chris that messes up with the FOV. :p

Ugh, that death looks messed up. RE5 definitely got a lot more light on it, but the Reapers kill was tough at least, IMO.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
See, I don't feel like fueling the flames on the camera/fov thing, but the camera looks less intrusive with the lighter, skinnier Ada. I guess it's just the huge, filled with steroids Chris that messes up with the FOV. :p

Ugh, that death looks messed up. RE5 definitely got a lot more light on it, but the Reapers kill was tough at least, IMO.

I played Leon and Jake's demo as Helena and Sherry and I guess it's not as big a problem as it is with Chris, but you still can't see shit. I'm really starting to like the blend of ranged and melee combat which makes it all the more painful that it's presented in such an amateurish fashion. Just look at the Dead Space 3 footage that came out today if you want to be reminded what carefully crafted camerawork looks like.

AlexBasch

I played Leon and Jake's demo as Helena and Sherry and I guess it's not as big a problem as it is with Chris, but you still can't see shit. I'm really starting to like the blend of ranged and melee combat which makes it all the more painful that it's presented in such an amateurish fashion. Just look at the Dead Space 3 footage that came out today if you want to be reminded what carefully crafted camerawork looks like.
Oh, the camera is still bad, I agree, but comparing Ada to Chris, it's certainly a difference. :p The guy is goddamned huge.

Will do, even though I'm going through a media blackout, can't wait to get DS3 as well.

Oh? Game growing on you is it? Getting used to it you say?
Back off, he's enjoying it now. :p

ErikB

Banned
SHIT! Just clicked on the spoiler thread by mistake.

It is okay, I don't think I saw much. <breathes heavily>

Say, when do the hardcore mean spirited spoiler dudes generally start spoiling for lulz around here anyway?

JoeFenix

SHIT! Just clicked on the spoiler thread by mistake.

It is okay, I don't think I saw much. <breathes heavily>

Say, when do the hardcore mean spirited spoiler dudes generally start spoiling for lulz around here anyway?

Best you take a break from this thread until the game releases. Will do you some good anyway!

ErikB

Banned
Best you take a break from this thread until the game releases. Will do you some good anyway!

But I kind of want to be here as people figure out how to play the game and have to start trying to make the most graceful U-Turn they can manage!

I would suggest trying to claim they were bad demos that no one could see the potential in.

Teknoman

But I kind of want to be here as people figure out how to play the game and have to start trying to make the most graceful U-Turn they can manage!

I would suggest trying to claim they were bad demos that no one could see the potential in.

Just do yourself a favor and dont highlight any spoiler.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The two Merc costumes I've seen are really weird looking, but then again RE5 had some crazy shit as well. Never forget Zebra Chris.

JoeFenix

I've taken huge amounts of flak from my group of friends for defending this game but let's not pretend it's going to be some flawless gem or anything.

The level design is probably going to be GOGOGO and a bit boring, this isn't going to be a masterpiece but it's definitely going to be a fun action game.

Anyway, you come off as childish and EXTREMELY annoying. Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't help your case.

Just finished playing a few hours of the RE6 360 retail SKU.

Downloaded the Dragon's Dogma demo and the Public Demo and was a bit mixed in reaction. Though I liked the environments I was afraid the next installment would seem a bit stale.

Just need to confirm that the demos don't come close to the amount of sheer intensity and surprises the sequel has in store (and this is only a few hours into Leon's campaign).

I don't want to spoil anything, but I'll just say the zombies are very creative in their attacks and there are A TON of new variants. Also, the game can mob you with plenty of them. What's nice is that it's up to the player how many they want to take down. Pick off more and you receive more skill points and ammo. But you risk losing a chunk of health - and every zombie attack takes off a considerable amount.

The environments are AMAZING. Some of the best in terms of mood, lighting, and sound.

The new dash and dodge moves and completely necessary to take on the new zombies. It takes getting used to and can be clunky in moments, but they are effective.

Back to the game...

Price Drop, how's the camera. Option to pull it back to the TGS demo level? Tweaked since the DD demo? Does it get any better/you get any more used to it?

george_us

I've taken huge amounts of flak from my group of friends for defending this game but let's not pretend it's going to be some flawless gem or anything.

The level design is probably going to be GOGOGO and a bit boring, this isn't going to be a masterpiece but it's definitely going to be a fun action game.

Anyway, you come off as childish and EXTREMELY annoying. Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't help your case.
This is why I'm going to get it. I know it's not going to come close to RE4 but it seems like it'll be a lot of fun. I just hope that they fixed the camera in the final build.

Teknoman

I still hope they pull a plot twist as to where Jake isnt actually his son, and is some sort of clone, or just Alex having changed his name after...amnesia or something. Then again he acknowledges it himself in the trailer, unless Sherry told him.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Getting it on PS3 to play with the roommate. Anyone else getting it on PS3?

Price Drop, how's the camera. Option to pull it back to the TGS demo level? Tweaked since the DD demo? Does it get any better/you get any more used to it?

So far in Leon's campaign the camera is decent. It isn't so close that you can't see your surroundings, but there are definitely times when zombies come from the side or behind you that you had no idea were there. Also, the AI is much more aggressive which can require more adjustment in combat. To me, the camera is about the same as RE5.

I know the camera seemed way up close in the Chris demo, but I haven't gotten to that yet so I can't say if it varies per character.

So far in Leon's campaign the camera is decent. It isn't so close that you can't see your surroundings, but there are definitely times when zombies come from the side or behind you that you had no idea were there. Also, the AI is much more aggressive which can require more adjustment in combat. To me, the camera is about the same as RE5.

I know the camera seemed way up close in the Chris demo, but I haven't gotten to that yet so I can't say if it varies per character.

So it's different? And the AI doesn't just sit there anymore?

benzy

Have you checked the options to see if you can adjust the camera closeness?

I am. Even though various "definitive" editions are available of the older games, I try to keep my series centered to one console if possible.

EDIT: Has anyone heard the save room/screen music yet? I dont remember 5, but I know it has a great gallery/file screen theme.

I'll get it for Ps3, too.

Man, I hope there is a save room system...but somehow I doubt it

Sojgat

Hyper gave it an 8:

Excellent, but uneven, and almost certain to be divisive. Come for the bloated story mode, but stay for Mercenaries.

Main gist of the review is that the game suffers from being too long due to the multiple campaigns, and much of the content should have been cut. The reviewer seems to think it's a better game than RE5, so that's something I guess.

Teknoman

I'll get it for Ps3, too.

Man, I hope there is a save room system...but somehow I doubt it

Well as long as the screen itself has good music. RE4 didnt have an actual room like the past games, but the save file screen itself was nice. As for 5...I dont really remember much of the soundtrack even after going through the game twice, aside from the hectic theme during a rush/chainsaw enemy attack, and the Gallery/Library theme, which is pretty save roomish for RE5.

H13

do anyone know how many gb are the PS3 ones?
i want to buy the digital download version.
need to clear some spaces

ErikB

Banned
REmake, RE2 and RE4 pretty much are.

You can always find something to hate. Remake I haven't played (wrong console - see Bayonetta 2), RE2 - well, I have always suffered from hoarding, and ink ribbons were just another thing to hoard. RE4, well, a lot of people really don't like it because it 'destroyed survival horror'. I've never liked the Spanish/Mexican setting and would much rather have been shooting zombies in Small Town America. And the merchant(s) and his/their shooting galleries were fucking retarded. And in the end I'd like to be able to walk and aim at the same time.

As for the shilling... well I really like the demo. And they changed something I really liked about it (the aiming camera) because no one spoke up for liking it. And I really do think people will like the game once they get the hang of it.

Dear Christ but the merchant was retarded. Like seriously fucking retarded.

def sim

Any one think the reason why the camera is "close" to the player is to give a sense of surprise when a zombie or enemy come from behind?

Cheap scares have their place, but not at the the expense of FOV. To answer your question: It definitely feels like a poorly thought out artificial limitation.

Teknoman

You can always find something to hate. Remake I haven't played (wrong console - see Bayonetta 2), RE2 - well, I have always suffered from hoarding, and ink ribbons were just another thing to hoard. RE4, well, a lot of people really don't like it because it 'destroyed survival horror'. I've never liked the Spanish/Mexican setting and would much rather have been shooting zombies in Small Town America. And the merchant(s) and his/their shooting galleries were fucking retarded. And in the end I'd like to be able to walk and aim at the same time.

As for the shilling... well I really like the demo. And they changed something I really liked about it (the aiming camera) because no one spoke up for liking it. And I really do think people will like the game once they get the hang of it.

Dear Christ but the merchant was retarded. Like seriously fucking retarded.

Whoa whoa whoa....whoa. You haven't played REmake? Go get a cheap Gamecube or something and buy the game asap.

Don't know if this is fake or not

RE6 Save room theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2_c-eE6Fo

Possibly real, but I guess it could be the chapter results screen, with all the ambient explosion and helicopter noises.

ErikB

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa....whoa. You haven't played REmake? Go get a cheap Gamecube or something and buy the game asap.

Hmmm. The fact that the people who say Resident Evil 4 destroyed survival horror tend to really like Remake puts me off. And I really didn't like ink ribbons. And if someone who can hold up Remake as Doing It Right

http://www.destructoid.com/getting-it-right-resident-evil-233760.phtml

can then say the mission planning section of old school Rainbow Six was Doing It Right

http://www.destructoid.com/getting-it-right-rainbow-six-3-232172.phtml

I get suspicious. Just how much work is it to play this game?

Not to mention that Chris looks a bit wimpy compared to the steroid enhanced boulder punching version we know from more recent installments.

Top Bottom