• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If this shit is available online I will buy it tomorrow. I hate to not have a physical copy but I cant wait any longer. I dont even want it for PS3 but I will do whatever it takes to play now.

Someone's testing it right now, so we should wait for a confirm if it is or isn't before you go for it.

Man

Lttp but EB is selling the game here in Australia. I was a bit confused as I was sure it was an October release.

Yuripaw

Banned
Well that is just the preloading, everyone can do that. The trick is do they let you play it now.

I honestly don't know what you mean, because unless it's available in other regions, RE6 has never showed up as a preorder game on PSN for me. Also...since when has PSN ever done preloading for a digital release before?

I honestly don't know what you mean, because unless it's available in other regions, RE6 has never showed up as a preorder game on PSN for me. Also...since when has PSN ever done preloading for a digital release before?

I dont know that is what people are saying.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
For those playing with xbox 360 copies early:

Aren't you afraid of some kind of M$ retribution for playing early? (i.e. banhammer)

Just curious.

MS doesn't ban for early legit players. I played both Reach and ODST early and didn't have issues. MS has said as much themselves anyway.

Installing *.*

The game came with 3 DLC maps for whatever reason.

Where is the surprise? And I wouldn't be surprised if all of a sudden your I CANT DO THIS WEEKEND thing re:RE5 has mysteriously BLOWN OVER.

I have been in lectures all day about Bioterrorism and about to do my exam for Outbreak Management.

How fitting on a day like this ;_;

Ummm, I can't. Robyn on Sunday *.*

But I can do tonight :eek:

Ehhhhhhh, I've seen A LOT of the game and I'm sure now that I'm not picking it up. It tries to be everything and ends up being nothing at all. As for the whole "Well you gotta play it to have a proper opinion," no, no I don't. I've played enough games to know what I want within 15 minutes of gameplay footage (sometimes less), and I would've gone on blackout mode a LONG time ago if that was the case. For every solid thing the game does, of which nearly all stem from the new character movement options + melee, there are a plethora of boring or outright bad design decisions. Coupled with the completely ridiculous narrative that's pushed in the player's face with cutscenes more than ever before, and it adds up to something I wouldn't want to go through once, much less 4+ times like RE4.*

Sorry, RE6, but I can't. It's very rare that I'll keep watching footage in hopes of something, anything, will reach out and make me WANT to pre-order, but I did and couldn't find it here. I'm sure there will be a sizable fanbase for this "visceral, action packed, goes where no RE has gone before" entry into the franchise, but I'll be sitting this round out. Here's hoping the next mainline game turns out to be a more focused product.

*Except maybe in co-op. Everything is entertaining in co-op, for one reason or another. I'm not picking it up though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
They're:

High Seas Fortress Map
Rail Yard Map
The Catacombs Map

The DLC cards were just taped to all of them.

Ah yes those are the individual pre-order "exclusives" you get in the US for pre-ordering at Amazon, Bestbuy, and Gamestop respectively. I've guessing you're not in the US? Wonder how much Caapcom is going to try and nickel and dime us for these as DLC :p

Ah yes those are the individual pre-order "exclusives" you get in the US for pre-ordering at Amazon, Bestbuy, and Gamestop respectively. I've guessing you're not in the US? Wonder how much Caapcom is going to try and nickel and dime us for these as DLC :p

I'm in Australia. Upon further inspection, the cards were indeed supposed to be a "pre-order exclusive"... guess either the retailer was feeling generous today or Capcom are trying to butter everyone up :p

I played a little bit more of Ada's and Chris's campaigns. Strangely, as action packed as it may be, I liked the Chris levels.

Leon's campaign was all Resident Evil 4 on steroids and without any new ideas. I wonder why they didn't make a short campaign with Resident Evil 1 style gameplay though...

gconsole

Ehhhhhhh, I've seen A LOT of the game and I'm sure now that I'm not picking it up. It tries to be everything and ends up being nothing at all. As for the whole "Well you gotta play it to have a proper opinion," no, no I don't. I've played enough games to know what I want within 15 minutes of gameplay footage (sometimes less), and I would've gone on blackout mode a LONG time ago if that was the case. For every solid thing the game does, of which nearly all stem from the new character movement options + melee, there are a plethora of boring or outright bad design decisions. Coupled with the completely ridiculous narrative that's pushed in the player's face with cutscenes more than ever before, and it adds up to something I wouldn't want to go through once, much less 4+ times like RE4.*

Sorry, RE6, but I can't. It's very rare that I'll keep watching footage in hopes of something, anything, will reach out and make me WANT to pre-order, but I did and couldn't find it here. I'm sure there will be a sizable fanbase for this "visceral, action packed, goes where no RE has gone before" entry into the franchise, but I'll be sitting this round out. Here's hoping the next mainline game turns out to be a more focused product.

*Except maybe in co-op. Everything is entertaining in co-op, for one reason or another. I'm not picking it up though.

Its ok. Dont buy it.

Man this game is weird........I’m up to the
cathedral
in chapter 2 for Leon’s campaign.

Yeah, this game is very uneven and so far the least polished main RE game I’ve played (I’ve played them all). Also, graphically the game is a pile of meh. What else? Oh, it’s so obvious they were inspired by Left 4 Dead (enough with the defend yourself and kill all the enemies sections!) Anyway....some of you guys are gonna tear this game apart, certain parts are just plain stupid with terrible design decisions. I just passed a section where they tried to capture the
graveyard
feel from RE4 again and fell completely flat.

Funnily enough, I’m still having fun with it, but yeah – don’t expect anything amazing.

Its ok. Dont buy it.

I'm NOT, bro, JEEZ. Didn't you read my post?
:p

I'm just disappointed. With all the talk of "campaign X or chapter y being so good," I watched in hopes of being excited enough to buy, but it all seems like a mess to me. Under a different name, the only buzz around this game would come from it being a 25+ hour action game in 2012.

Dusk Golem

PS3 owners who don't have all three pre-order maps, listen-up. To pre-load the RE6 game doesn't cost any money, though you won't be able to play it. HOWEVER, downloading it also installs all three pre-order maps onto your PSN, so if you download the PSN version of RE6 for free and then delete the game, you still keep the pre-order maps and can play them on release.

Exploitism, hoh!

Dusk Golem

Also, the first hour or so is so freaking boring.

EDIT: What the hell do I do in the
Cathedral?

Are you inside? If so,
run to the front to the right and grab the statue, then throw your partner up the ladder right next to it. She'll kick a ladder down for you to climb, or if your Helena, kick a ladder for Leon to climb. Puzzles up there.

Are you inside? If so,
run to the front to the right and grab the statue, then throw your partner up the ladder right next to it. She'll kick a ladder down for you to climb, or if your Helena, kick a ladder for Leon to climb. Puzzles up there.

Ah, I didn’t kick the ladder down for Leon. Every time I would try and put the statue in Leon would be on the bottom floor and just stand still.

Thanks.

gconsole

I'm NOT, bro, JEEZ. Didn't you read my post?
:p

I'm just disappointed. With all the talk of "campaign X or chapter y being so good," I watched in hopes of being excited enough to buy, but it all seems like a mess to me. Under a different name, the only buzz around this game would come from it being a 25+ hour action game in 2012.

Yeah that's why I say it's ok :)

antitrop

I would fucking love to see a graph of Resident Evil 6's public perception over the course of the last 6 months, with X being "Time Passed" and Y being the quantification of the general mood and spirits in each page.

My guess is it would look like a rollercoaster track that breaks and derails halfway through due to too much inertia.

PS3 owners who don't have all three pre-order maps, listen-up. To pre-load the RE6 game doesn't cost any money, though you won't be able to play it. HOWEVER, downloading it also installs all three pre-order maps onto your PSN, so if you download the PSN version of RE6 for free and then delete the game, you still keep the pre-order maps and can play them on release.

Exploitism, hoh!

Wait, what, how does this work? Doesn't pre-ordering the game take $59.99 out of your wallet?

Wait, what, how does this work? Doesn't pre-ordering the game take $59.99 out of your wallet?
It will take it 2 days before approximately to October 2nd. However, there's this fishy thing about how some people may be able to abuse this. I mean, imagine you purchase something with the 60$ of the wallet. The wallet will have 0$, you'll have more games, also resident evil 6... and the only downside would be that the account you buy them on gets permabanned? But you would still be able to play the games in your ps3...?

I'm sure some will exploit this loophole.

PS: apparently, if there's no funds, preorder will just cancel... no risk involved it seems.

AusGAF, I has it! Big W were open till 7PM. Made it there with 4 minutes to spare.

I will let ya'll unfortunate people of lesser countries know whether it's shit or not in a few hours. :p

Hmm. I can't even find RE6 for pre-order on the store. Is it exlusive to a certain region?
Apparently, only EU (?) PSN has it. I have it, but now that I learned about the possibility of cancelling the pre-order through acc management, I may wait to do the october offer with $20 benefit if you buy $100 content.

So is someone finding out whether the game is playable via PSN? I can see it for pre-order on there in the UK, will buy if I can play it now.

Apparently, only EU (?) PSN has it. I have it, but now that I learned about the possibility of cancelling the pre-order through acc management, I may wait to do the october offer with $20 benefit if you buy $100 content.

Ah, I see. The EU DLC probably wouldn't work with the NA version of the game anyway. Damn.

Oh well

hamchan

Just got the game.

I haven't played the demo yet but I do know the expectation around here is that the game will be quite bad. Oh well, I still had to get it because it has Leon.

Dusk Golem

So is someone finding out whether the game is playable via PSN? I can see it for pre-order on there in the UK, will buy if I can play it now.

One person on GameFAQs says you can't, see how it goes as I know someone posted here about pre-loading earlier.

Also to clarify something before it gets brought up here as it's being talked about on other forums, when selecting menu options for the game there is an option for Infinite Ammo from the get-go, BUT know turning that on won't give you infinite ammo, it just gives you (or someone else in the game) the ability to use infinite ammo if you bought and have equipped the skill to use infinite ammo for a type of gun.

It's weird that the settings menu doesn't seem to pause the game.

Inventory I can understand but settings.... bleh

I guess it makes sense if you're playing on agent hunt. If settings stopped the game, you would pause players. Or you'd be able to know when there's a player. So I guess they chose to make it non-pause completely.

hamchan

I guess it makes sense if you're playing on agent hunt. If settings stopped the game, you would pause players. Or you'd be able to know when there's a player. So I guess they chose to make it non-pause completely.

Oh yeah that's true, forgot about co-op.

Also playing the first 15 mins, this seems like a very weird start for an RE game.

Top Bottom