• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Sectus

img_0493ueqn5.jpg

Woot woot woot woot!

Although... I kinda wanna play this coop, and I don't know of anyone else who got it early.

Oh well, time to mod the game and/or play mercenaries!

hamchan

I do like the headshots against zombies. Nice squelching sound.

Also changed reticule back to RE4 style, screw these crosshairs.

CAVE343

Street date seems broken indeed, gonna pick it up after work! I think I'll stick to Dusk Golem's chapter list for a chronological playthrough.

Ooooooh I quite enjoyed the beginning, even if most of it was just PRESS X TO HELENA.

I think there were more QTE's in that sequence than RE4 and 5 combined.

There's a platform near the beginning where you should be able to move left or right, but there are invisible walls on both sides. :lol:

Replicant

Managed to get it from JB Hifi World Square before it closed at 9PM tonight:

TJHRp.jpg

This game better be good. This will be the 3rd copy I got on top of the 2 Steelbook version I import from UK. Or maybe I should cancel one of the Steel ones.

Replicant

Wow that rating makes the boxart even uglier

Tell me about it. But I don't really care since the one that I intend to keep later on are the Steelbook version (which is coming in a few days). I'll probably sell this one after I'm done with it.

Is street date broken anywhere or what? I might gonna check some store around here just in case.

Australia-only PAL countries from what I understand.

Well, all 3 maps are installed. So I guess I'm signing off and going to play this. May post impression later on.

Camera zooms way out in larger areas.

God damn this game looks good. There are some crappy textures here and there, but you have to look for them. The IQ is some of the best I've seen on consoles, as is the lighting. It's just drenched in atmosphere.

And if I'm sounding like a gushing fanboy, I will say that in terms of gameplay it has been absolutely abysmal so far. :p

Edit: I really want this objective marker to piss off.

There's a platform near the beginning where you should be able to move left or right, but there are invisible walls on both sides. :lol:

Yeah I noticed that... odd. Why even bother giving us control for those whole 3 seconds anyhow, I was like "can't go left... can't go right... surely they don't just want me to OH YES THEY DO" :p

hamchan

You pretty much can't move sideways in the first five minutes lol. Just have to hold forwards.

Also maybe because I normally play on PC but the graphics don't look that great to me :p

They're acceptable graphics but not mindblowing and I think there's been a few framerate dips. PS3 version btw.

Feindflug

All the mixed opinions on the game make me want to play the game even more, of course enjoying immensely the demo and the impressions from Dusk help a lot...very curious about the Chris campaign since that was my least favorite part of the demo.

Street date seems broken everywhere but my LE copy will probably arrive sometime next week. :(

hamchan

Game kinda just drops you into the action when you first start it. There's no slow, tense, 10 minute buildup like there have been in past REs. Makes me sad :(

Game kinda just drops you into the action when you first start it. There's no slow, tense, 10 minute buildup like there have been in past REs. Makes me sad :(

It's well done though. Probably more suited to another character, but it's exciting and entertaining without being too stupid.

hamchan

It's well done though. Probably more suited to another character, but it's exciting and entertaining without being too stupid.

I dunno about the not being too stupid part lol. I actually started to really enjoy it when it became super ludicrous :D. It was cheesy action and I like that.

Sojgat

How are y'all getting this early?

Came out early in Austraila (all PAL regions?) for some reason, that's how I got it. Yesterday It was still listed as next week, but I got a call from EB at lunch time saying to come pick it up. As is typical I got them to price match with JB and got it $30 cheaper.

Ken

Hurry up and finish the game you early people and tell us how it is. Can't decide between this and New Little King's Story.

SkylineRKR

Its pretty weird, there is no main menu before you clear the prologue. But to reach it you need to go back through 3 menus from the char select.

Came out early in Austraila (all PAL regions?) for some reason, that's how I got it. Yesterday It was still listed as next week, but I got a call from EB at lunch time saying to come pick it up. As is typical I got them to price match with JB and got it $30 cheaper.

Oh cool. I didn't have this on preorder due to uncertainties but I might have to check my local store for it, then. I'm in the UK though.

Replicant

How are y'all getting this early?

Australia: the land of advance releases.

Thor and Avengers cinema + Blu-ray releases and now this. I can get used to this.

1st impression: it starts with QTE handholding. HA! I don't mind it but I'm sure many will. Who's laughing now Heavy Rain haters?

Graphics when it's not cut scene is very sharp and nicely textured..... So far.

To people complaining the game doesn't pause when you open the settings, it's because you are online, before you start set it to offline and you can pause.

If you could pause the game online people would just pause the game and leave because trolls.

SkylineRKR

It seems to be E3 camera when out of shooting position. Unless i'm wrong. Also didn't jack up brightness on Ps3, and i can see things.

Jawmuncher

Looks like i'll be getting it early from the Capcom Store.
Would be the second time (ORC came early to)

Also how is the achievement list for those who have played it.
I've seen it but was talking more about difficulty.
I've gotten all Trophies and achievements (MP included) in RE5.
So was wondering if i could do the same thing here.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of liking Leon's campaign so far. I've played a bunch and I'm still in chapter one. So many horrible decisions, but despite it there's something weirdly endearing about the whole experience.

LMAO.
That train killed me 3 times. :(

The zombies can be pretty frightening in groups. Especially when they jump at you. D: One can easily take 80% of your health if you don't waggle the thumbstick quick enough.

News Bot

Banned
Chris Chapter 4 now, getting rather infuriated about the emblems. I've kept an eye out for them but I'm still apparently missing a lot. I'd really like to know who the dumbfuck was that decided to hide essential plot information behind shitty emblems hidden in chapters that are over an hour long, where many areas cannot be returned to.

Replicant

I can't believe they are taking a cue out of Uncharted 3's shitty running towards the camera mechanic. Of all the things they could swipe from UC3, it's that stupid mechanic where you can hardly see where you're running to until it's really late because the camera is set on that "movie restricted mode".

Also, this game is really dark if your TV is not properly calibrated. It looks good on the new Sony LCD in my room because I've calibrated that TV thoroughly. But on my old, uncalibrated Fujitsu plasma in the living room, the black is crushed and I'm not even using Full RGB properties.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
LMAO.
That train killed me 3 times. :(

The zombies can be pretty frightening in groups. Especially when they jump at you. D: One can easily take 80% of your health if you don't waggle the thumbstick quick enough.
Playing on Veteran was a very good decision for me. It makes a group of enemies a genuine threat, for once.

Also, yeah, fuck the train. Such a stupid decision. It punishes you for hanging back and using remote bombs or something.

gconsole

Just rushed to HMV just to see if I'm lucky. Shame there is no sign of the copy. Worse, there is no single promotion ad in the store. There is no single sign of telling people that RE6 will release in next 4 days. And I'm talking about one of the biggest store in the center of London. ..

Top Bottom