• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Finish the prelude. Completely. It shouldn't take very long, and you'll know when you're done with it when you then get the option of selecting the 4 campaigns.

I did that and got to the first two or three checkpoints and then after that plane crashes or whatever and you're supposed to run like hell, I die. Then, if I choose to back out and not continue, the main Resident Evil Press Any Key screen comes on. Then instead of giving me the option to reload me from that checkpoint, when I press any key, all it does is force me to go through the stupid graphics settings then brightness settings, and start the damn credits and then starts me off from the very beginning of the game! How do I skip all that and get back to my last checkpoint, and more importantly, how do I jump straight to Mercs???

Stitch

Gold Member
It doesn't save at checkpoints, which is really dumb. It only saves when it says "Saving"...
So you have to complete the prelude and after that you can play Mercs.

I did that and got to the first two or three checkpoints and then after that plane crashes or whatever and you're supposed to run like hell, I die. Then, if I choose to back out and not continue, the main Resident Evil Press Any Key screen comes on. Then instead of giving me the option to reload me from that checkpoint, when I press any key, all it does is force me to go through the stupid graphics settings then brightness settings, and start the damn credits and then starts me off from the very beginning of the game! How do I skip all that and get back to my last checkpoint, and more importantly, how do I jump straight to Mercs???

You played 95% of the prelude. Finish it and you'll be able to do what you want. It can be done in like 5 minutes.

legacyzero

Banned
The game can look great when it wants.

i1Tug2xTdG1GY.png

iGhBQKS5IO8vI.png

Cutscene. Cropped out black bars.

Mr_Zombie

The game can look great when it wants.

But then it can also look like crap. Given this is an AAA game, sometimes (too often) texture's quality is abysmal. There are also times when you can notice low-polygon objects here and there; e.g. I saw octagonal barrels in one of the Easter Europe chapters (due to lighting and shadows you could clearly see sharp edges).

I've already saw some nice moments when the game utilized it's new lighting engine (the scene in Leon 1, just before the third train in the sewers, where you see zombies' shadows on the wall) and levels are much larger than they were in RE5 but man, you can clearly tell that overall graphic quality took a nosedive when compared to the previous game. Even explosions don't look as great as they used to. :(

Finish the prelude. Completely. It shouldn't take very long, and you'll know when you're done with it when you then get the option of selecting the 4 campaigns.

The whole thing with prelude was very weird. I was confused when the game required me to setup my graphic settings and then suddenly started Leon's scenario - without giving me an option to select a chapter, select a character, change keyboard settings or do anything at all. I suppose it must have looked even weirder on consoles, where all you can do before starting the prologue is change the brightness.

I'll echo Riposte's tip: Try sliding past the enemy and pulling back on the analog stick mid-slide to instanteously turn around so you can blast them in the back. For even more fun, try doing it when they're crowded around a barrel.

And for EVEN MORE fun, drop some remote mines on the ground at their feet as you sliiiiiiiiide past them. KA-BOOM! :)

And don't forget sliding into the cover. ;)
The cover system in this game is really clunky: go near the wall, press aim and then press action button to take cover (too many times I managed to forget about the "press aim button" and simply jumped over the cover). But sliding into the cover really helps.

Tried it just now. The "6" in the brightness settings looks no different.

Do you have any gamma or brightness options set within your driver? I do, and they didnt apply with the game in fullscreen, only in windowed or borderless windowed.

Edit: I wish I could do a before and after, but it's significantly brighter and clearer, it's as if it's the way it's supposed to look without the "over-dark" style.

Tacitus_

Dying to shit controls and camera is so fucking annoying. I probably died to the "run away from shit" pieces more than I did in total in the rest of the campaign. Had to connect a controller since every time the camera started going for cinematic bullshit, I would get stuck on a wall.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
ANyonegetting a bug in Leon scampaign where the speech audio isn't working? The cutscenes work fine, but in game there is no audible dialogue being spoken.

Nope, (I have an nvidia card) are you saying miss with them in the nvidia control panel?

Yes, try that. It's why I use Borderless Windowed. Because it allows me to force Nvidia's screen and brightness settings correctly without having to run in a regular window.

nbthedude

Guys what is going with this game? I just started playing it and got to the first couple of checkpoints. I then backed out and it said it saved my game. So it's back on the main Resident Evil 6 screen and says to press any key which I did.

Once I press any key, it makes me go through the whole beginning of the game all over again despite having saved my checkpoints.

During this, the game gives me no option to skip to another menu, or reload any saved checkpoints or even do anything else like start a coop game or play mercs. Where do I go or what do I press to get to the game's save/load/play coop/may mercs options screen?

This is all very confusing.

Checkpoints are NOT saves.

Checkpoints are where you start back when you die. They are frequent and forgiving.

Save points (indicated by a typewriter and the words "Saving" are less frequent, usually only a few per chapter.

If you quit before you reach a new save, yo will go back to the last time the game saved.

Checkpoints are NOT saves.

Checkpoints are where you start back when you die. They are frequent and forgiving.

Save points (indicated by a typewriter and the words "Saving" are less frequent, usually only a few per chapter.

If you quit before you reach a new save, yo will go back to the last time the game saved.

Also if you die before getting to a typewritter you lose any Simmons Family Crests you have found

judhudson

I have a....well, probably a stupid question. The Quicktime Event Assist thing...Is that automatically selected when you play Amateur, or is there a setting for it?

scarybore

Finished the three main campaigns, didn't think it deserved the intense hatred it has received though that's not to say it doesn't have problems. Almost guaranteed deaths due to QTEs, camera spazzing out during chase sequences, awful
driving segments
to name but a few.

Don't really see it as any worse than Revelations which I thought was overrated by many on GAF, though I'd probably have much stronger feelings against the game if I played in single player rather than co-op.

AEREC

Love Leons Chapter 1...gave me RE2 flashbacks. Ill admit I was very dissapointed with the game at first. Started with Jakes campaign...but it is really growing on me so far. Love the variety in campaigns and the little nuances in controls.

Chairhome

question:
Everytime I try to start Onslaught, it immediately says no games can be found when I try to do quick or custom. I try to create a game and wait for a while and no connections. Is there something wrong? I may have to try to connect with my friend.
2nd question:
Is there a way yet to have split screen actually split up to two monitors? ini edit or some kind of 3rd party application?

Riposte

Also I have enough points now for Helena's EX2 costume, sweet. This RE.net stuff is surprisingly alright.

Unfortunately, it is not cross-platform... which defeats the original purpose I thought it it had... I also wish titles were cross-platform. I had so much progress done on my 360, which is handy since I like to grab rarer titles and put them on(e.g. "Did x number of crossover).

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OK thanks for all your help guys, I beat the silly prologue. And now.....

I

CANNOT

STOP

PLAYING

MERCENARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit they REALLY revamped Mercs!!!!!!! But I love the new changes!!!!!! Damn....gonna have to relearn Mercs all over again lol.

One question/complaint.....why isn't there an audio voice that comes over the radio that we hear when the match starts? Y'know how in RE5 you hear Josh's voice during the match, but on this one it's only text. Is there a way to fix this or is it a glitch?

isamu

what the fuck? If you Alt+tab out of the game your mouse cursor in the game disappears.

Any one know how to get it back

isamu

WOW....the Steel Beast stage is HARD AS BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW....the Steel Beast stage is HARD AS BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Get all the timers first then you have to keep moving up and down the stage depending on which enemies you are fighting to not lose your combo. Also don't be quick to kill all the enemies so you can drag out a kill so the next wave is there so you don't lose your combo.

isamu

Again, why isn't there an audio voice that comes over the radio that we hear when the match starts? Y'know how in RE5 you hear Josh's voice during the match, but on this one it's only text. Is there a way to fix this or is it a glitch?

Hellix

Again, why isn't there an audio voice that comes over the radio that we hear when the match starts? Y'know how in RE5 you hear Josh's voice during the match, but on this one it's only text. Is there a way to fix this or is it a glitch?

I don't recall there being a voice on PS3. Pretty sure it is working as intended.

Sorry as I know I'm being super annoying about this but I have another screecanp request(besides Sherry's ass.) It's in Ada's chapter 3 when
She's about to start helping out Jake and Sherry take out Ubistvo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GfFrreCTIv0#t=1622s

If I could get a shot of Ada in her idle animation facing the camera with her back towards the city(to Ada's right in the video above.) Then another of her facing towards the city it would be very much appreciated. I think those shots will make for some really cool wallpapers.

Sectus

No Mercy on Rooftop Mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXeQdw34NG0

We tried every button on the keyboard and controller.

I guess you didn't try the "back" button? That's what skipped it for me.

Sorry as I know I'm being super annoying about this but I have another screecanp request(besides Sherry's ass.) It's in Ada's chapter 3 when
She's about to start helping out Jake and Sherry take out Ubistvo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GfFrreCTIv0#t=1622s

If I could get a shot of Ada in her idle animation facing the camera with her back towards the city(to Ada's right in the video above.) Then another of her facing towards the city it would be very much appreciated. I think those shots will make for some really cool wallpapers.

These are among the Ada campaign screenshots I took:
http://h13.abload.de/img/bh62013-03-2318-49-37fla10.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/bh62013-03-2318-50-33ljz7a.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/bh62013-03-2318-58-57ltbtx.jpg

There's even more on the previous page, although not of that scene.

I might as well add this here: http://www.abload.de/img/bh62013-03-2509-02-2808l89.jpg (NSFW) - That happened when I tried to use Sherry's chapter 3 outfit at the start of Jake campaign.

Taruranto

I played the prologue

1) The brightness level is fucked up
2) The
helicopter
sequence was so bad i laughed my ass off during the whole thing
3) Controls seem to be a nightmater.

As a RE2 fan, i'll probably try Jake campaign as Sherry. Do i have to complete one campaign before trying another or can i switch between chapters?

synce

There's an option called QTE assist? Are you fucking kidding me, I didn't see that option anywhere... it should've been enabled by default. I didn't find out until after tearing my hair out through 20 hours of the worst "set pieces" ever. It was only the story and Ada that got me through it all.
I just knew she didn't turn evil

glaurung

I played the prologue

1) The brightness level is fucked up
2) The
helicopter
sequence was so bad i laughed my ass off during the whole thing
3) Controls seem to be a nightmater.

As a RE2 fan, i'll probably try Jake campaign as Sherry. Do i have to complete one campaign before trying another or can i switch between chapters?
Heh, wait until you see Leon driving a car. Makes heli flying look downright professional.

On the PC you can select any campaign from the get-go. Even Ada.

Taruranto

Heh, wait until you see Leon driving a car. Makes heli flying look downright professional.

Do they even explain how the pilot got bitten? I know Resident Evil writers hate Helicopter pilots, but come on.

On the PC you can select any campaign from the get-go. Even Ada.

Yeah, but i mean, can i play Sherry 1-1, then Chris 1-1, then Sherry 1-2, etc? (i'm going to guess it has chapters like RE4/5)

glaurung

Yeah, but i mean, can i play Sherry 1-1, then Chris 1-1, then Sherry 1-2, etc? (i'm going to guess it has chapters like RE4/5)
Yeah. It's a hassle, but you can do it.

I think there's a proper timeline order/sequence for what happens. I've even seen it posted on GAF.

Mr_Zombie

You can do this, but if you really mean 1-1 etc. (i.e. first part of chapter 1) you would need to exit the game in middle of the chapter, after you see "saving" icon. You can easily start playing from part 1, part 2 etc. of each chapter, but the game doesn't give you a visible option to quit before finishing a chapter. However, from what I've played, each chapter is about 1-1.5 hour long, so I don't really see a reason of changing a chapter without finishing it.

This might sound dumb, but how do you adjsut the FOV?

Ive not seen an fov slider anywhere! Also, am i being stupid or is the only way to adjust graphics in game via the options menu that DOESNT pause the game? I tried to change my graphics settings and got mobbed cause the friggin game didnt pause :/

Edit

also, more dumb questions. The locke mercenaries maps, are they DLC? And how do you unlock extra characters for mercenaries, is it via campaign?

gogogow

Ok, I'm forcing some stuff through Nvidia Inspector. Cleaning some things up nice. I'm still trying to tweak it some though.

OK, I'm done. I'm liking this part of the campaign so far.

Ok, that looks amazing, how do you force it? I can't for the life of me do it. Help!

Top Bottom