• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

Taruranto

Questions about co-op online:

1) How do items work?
2) What happens when i'm the 2 player online and the "host" leaves? I noticed the game continues normally like i'm playing alone. but do i stay online? Can other people still join me?

Riposte

1) How do items work?
2) What happens when i'm the 2 player online and the "host" leaves? I noticed the game continues normally like i'm playing alone. but do i stay online? Can other people still join me?

Items are not shared. I don't think they are the same either.
I'm pretty sure someone will be able to join. I think that happened to me once. If you can pause, then you are not online.

Chairhome

1) How do items work?

In my experience, we would break a box and both see different items or the same item, but in most cases we could both pick up the item. Ammo and other stuff dropped by enemies was the same case.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This game is pure ownage. Most of the time, at least.

I've loved pretty much the entirety of Leon's campaign so far (3 acts down), Chris's is good and Mercenaries is worth the price of admission alone. Jake's 1st act did kinda suck, though. It felt sloppy, it seemed like they were trying to ape both Uncharted and Gears but it just didn't work. The chopper sequence fuckin' sucked. I played through it last night and it was the first time I could see why some people disliked this game.

But Jake is probably my fave character in Mercenaries, his alt costume is hilariously awesome. Merc's seems endlessly entertaining, this game probably has the best combat in any shootin' action game short of Vanquish. It's both stylish and satisfying in all the right ways. It's so good that, at least so far, it greatly outweighs all the not-so-good stuff, especially when you have a good co-op partner.

Glad I kept an open mind and gave this game a shot.

Yeah, I'm definitely enjoying the game, even with some odd chapters and design choices here and there. Co-op's definitely making it a better experience, too; it's nice to complain to your partner and laugh. I also agree that Mercenaries is worth the price of admission, but I would include everything that falls under Extra Content.

Mercenaries is in a league of its own as the best additional mode in any game, really, so when you add an extra No Mercy mode for it where it's double the total enemy count and you have insane numbers of enemies on screen at once, it gets so much better. Onslaught mode is no slouch, either; it's definitely a great and fun mode that gets you pumped. It being a weird mishmash of pure RE6 gameplay with battle puzzler mechanics wherein you send combos over to your opponent in the form of a variety of enemies makes for some intense matches (and makes me giddy), especially since health can be scarce and there's so much that can go wrong if you're not careful.

I'm genuinely and curiously excited to see how the other modes stack up once they're released. To Onslaught's benefit, it's a 1v1 mode, which makes it easier to get a game going; the others all seem to be 6 players, which could make it harder if the community's dead (which I hope doesn't happen too fast). I haven't even tried Agent Hunt.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I tried playing No Mercy but everytime I pointed the camera towards the horde it felt like my GPU was about to explode. Both visuals AND audio would start to stutter really bad, it was unplayable. :(

I tried playing No Mercy but everytime I pointed the camera towards the horde it felt like my GPU was about to explode. Both visuals AND audio would start to stutter really bad, it was unplayable. :(
:(

Try playing it with lowered settings if you haven't already. It may be that you have to go that route for No Mercy only. You don't want to miss out on the L4D2 update when it hits, right, Snuggler? <3

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jake's 1st act did kinda suck, though. It felt sloppy, it seemed like they were trying to ape both Uncharted and Gears but it just didn't work. The chopper sequence fuckin' sucked. I played through it last night and it was the first time I could see why some people disliked this game.

I hated Jake's first chapter initially because, yeah, it totally smacks of Uncharted. Thought it picked after awhile, at least. His second chapter is way better though and plays entirely different. I mean, you can run over your partner with a snowmobile, for example. Way better than his first chapter.

I hated Jake's first chapter initially because, yeah, it totally smacks of Uncharted. Thought it picked after awhile, at least. His second chapter is way better though and plays entirely different. I mean, you can run over your partner with a snowmobile, for example. Way better than his first chapter.
That giant hill where you first see a snowmobile is hilarious if you get sniped.

Also, the whole
avalanche sequence
was ridiculous, haha. In a good way.

Jawmuncher

I personally thought the 2nd chapter was the worst in the game. Running around in the blizzard to get keys. An annoying snow mobile section then having to sneak around I felt was just annoying. I guess it did change things up though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This is where difference in opinion strikes. I like his 2nd Chapter, not a favorite, but I liked the key collecting, avalanche bit, and the stealth segment. His third chapter greatly overshadows his second chapter for me, however.

My least favorite part of the game is that helicopter boss battle.

Riposte

This is where difference in opinion strikes. I like his 2nd Chapter, not a favorite, but I liked the key collecting, avalanche bit, and the stealth segment. His third chapter greatly overshadows his second chapter for me, however.

My least favorite part of the game is that helicopter boss battle.

Chris 3? With teamwork, it is not so bad. You just need someone be the bait while someone else unloads on it (and switch if it comes to that). Of course if you crossover with a savvy Jake player, he can cut it short.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That giant hill where you first see a snowmobile is hilarious if you get sniped.

Haha, yeah. On the way back I actually got off my snowmobile, jumped on my back, and slid the whole way down. Just 'cause.

I personally thought the 2nd chapter was the worst in the game. Running around in the blizzard to get keys. An annoying snow mobile section then having to sneak around I felt was just annoying. I guess it did change things up though.

I loved wandering around in the dark. Will take that over anything Uncharted lol. I can see why the
racing away from the avalanche
part would annoy, but like dragonlife, the ridiculousness of it all was cracking me up. I couldn't help but enjoy it.

I need to get back to his campaign. The main dude I was playing Jake with seems to have gone MIA on me though. Probably still mad I ran him over with a snowmobile.

Taruranto

Chris 3? With teamwork, it is not so bad. You just need someone be the bait while someone else unloads on it (and switch if it comes to that). Of course if you crossover with a savvy Jake player, he can cut it short.

Wait, you can "co-op"
Jake helicopter's boss
with Chris? :eek:

Riposte

Wait, you can "co-op"
Jake helicopter's boss
with Chris? :eek:

Well, yes, unless I'm getting confused with another fight. Shouldn't that be obvious with the "searching for partner" wait and Chris/Piers hanging around?

EDIT: Stealth part was simultaneously better/worse before I knew you could stealth melee the bugs lol.

Sectus

What sorcery is this? Three player Mercs? :D
We're not even a week in and the promise of mods continues to deliver.
Indeedly. I did a test and I managed to get it working with 5 players. It can be a bit finnicky to set up though, and I've encountered weird random problems.

I'll have a video uploaded later showing this in action.

Really? So they actually deliberately took this out of RE6 when it's been in all other Resident Evil games? That's just bullshit Capcom!

Sectus, what are your thoughts on Capcom eliminating the radio voice chatter you hear from your partner during Mercenaries Mode? Don't you find this omission unacceptable? Are yu 100% convinced it's not a glitch?

I'm hoping you'll be able to mod some radio chatter from RE5 into this game.
I found it strange to begin with and it did seem like a bug, but I don't notice it anymore. To be honest, if I could choose between voice and no voice, I think I would have chosen no voice anyway. It just gets repetitive in the long run and it would be annoying to have the person talk whenever you get a secret boss.

Hopefully Sectus makes a mod that can unbind some of those "two-in-one" key functions Capcom thought would be so convenient for the player when they're the complete opposite, like the stupid action/dash key.
I haven't looked into this, but I got a feeling it might be hard coded how certain actions are tied together.

How many playable characters in total are there in Mercs, not counting the L4D2 ones?
If you consider unique weapon loadouts there are 16. So that's a pretty high number compared to RE4's 4 or RE5's 8.

Wait...when did they use that model during the game? I'm pretty sure it was always the hospital gown outfit for sherry (I played through that section as Jake).

It's the same outfit. It just didn't render correctly when used in another stage, and what happened to not render correctly was her entire outfit.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Merc's seems endlessly entertaining, this game probably has the best combat in any shootin' action game short of Vanquish. It's both stylish and satisfying in all the right ways.

See, I'm not the only crazy person who thinks this game has some of the best third-person shooting this gen. People need to keep an open mind and give this game a chance.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Indeedly. I did a test and I managed to get it working with 5 players. It can be a bit finnicky to set up though, and I've encountered weird random problems.

I'll have a video uploaded later showing this in action.

I found it strange to begin with and it did seem like a bug, but I don't notice it anymore. To be honest, if I could choose between voice and no voice, I think I would have chosen no voice anyway. It just gets repetitive in the long run and it would be annoying to have the person talk whenever you get a secret boss.

I haven't looked into this, but I got a feeling it might be hard coded how certain actions are tied together.

If you consider unique weapon loadouts there are 16. So that's a pretty high number compared to RE4's 4 or RE5's 8.

It's the same outfit. It just didn't render correctly when used in another stage, and what happened to not render correctly was her entire outfit.

Thank you Sectus
bow2.gif

derFeef

I need a patch or a driver update, I can't play for longer than an hour or so. It either crashes or I am getting massive slowdowns.

Really? So they actually deliberately took this out of RE6 when it's been in all other Resident Evil games? That's just bullshit Capcom!

Sectus, what are your thoughts on Capcom eliminating the radio voice chatter you hear from your partner during Mercenaries Mode? Don't you find this omission unacceptable? Are yu 100% convinced it's not a glitch?

I'm hoping you'll be able to mod some radio chatter from RE5 into this game.

I could not believe it. That marks the end of the series in my eyes personally.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I somewhat miss the narrator too, but then again whoever they could of chosen probably couldn't live up to Josh.

Also looking forward to 6-player No Mercy mods.

YUP. Count me as someone who misses Josh as the announcer.

Speaking of mods, I'm hoping for some good Chris ones. Shirtless or otherwise. Costume 1 is a good base, I'd say! *nudge* *nudge* Sectus.

jediyoshi

I need a patch or a driver update, I can't play for longer than an hour or so. It either crashes or I am getting massive slowdowns.

Same here. Something will kick the frame rate down to single digits for me in a certain area and it'll stick like that until I completely restart the game. Otherwise everything feels pretty well optimized.

Only other issue I'm running into is fraps or steam itself eventually not being able to capture screenshots.

Crazy lack of people playing mercenaries, half the games I manage to connect and start a game into error me out once the level loads. Kinda wish they'd get over their each mode having its own main menu to streamline matchmaking.

Adam Blue

Same here. Something will kick the frame rate down to single digits for me in a certain area and it'll stick like that until I completely restart the game. Otherwise everything feels pretty well optimized.

Only other issue I'm running into is fraps or steam itself eventually not being able to capture screenshots.

Crazy lack of people playing mercenaries, half the games I manage to connect and start a game into error me out once the level loads. Kinda wish they'd get over their each mode having its own main menu to streamline matchmaking.

I shot a message to Stephen Totilo and he had his guys reach out to Capcom.

I'm doing everything I can to get this exposure.

May as well: my Steam profile. Add me if you would like someone for Mercs/Onslaught one of these days. It'd be nice to play with some of you.

Anyway, I'll be surprised if these issues are fixed before the L4D2 update hits. Hopefully they patch things up in a timely manner; maybe with the L4D2 patch. But I'm not holding my breath.

Haha. So, did this ruin the leaderboards? And holy shit, I just heard you say you were curious to try experimenting with Onslaught as I typed this. DO IT. Also, you probably already know, but I'm positive that first match ended because the Jake dude died, and he was recognized as player 2. The others don't seem to affect it (I skipped around, so I don't know if I missed something).

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Jake Chapter 2 was terrible. You are terrible.

akaoni

Banned
I had to buy it when I saw the 3 player mercenaries screenshot, I see potential for some great custom shenanigans. Can you personalise your display name in multiplayer or is it your Steam username?

s_mirage

They didn't actually texture her tits ... did they ?

It's worth pointing out though that the censoring in that picture is actually flattering. Her "assets" are intended to have clothes on them so they are rather oddly shaped without any. Nice of Capcom to go the extra mile with texturing though ;)

GSR

Ran Jake 1 and 2 with a random partner. Maybe it was just having someone playing with me, or maybe it was getting used to the controls, but I enjoyed it a lot more than Chris 1 and 2. Looking forward to seeing how Leon's chapters turn out. (I'm following the order in the OP.)

Valnen

The thread says mod support and sectus has already been figuring out some cool stuff.
Not sure just how elaborate mods will go. Don't think we'll get any full game conversions or something.

I'd be happy with just some model swaps similar to what they did with the L4D2 characters. I wanna see someone swap one of the models with the REmake Jill model. Would be awesome. Not a fan of these mods like more than 2 player mercs that break the game and possibly the leaderboards.

I seem to get screen tearing even with Vsync enabled, either in game or using Adaptive Vsync in the Nvidia control panel, anyone else having the same problem?

Playing it on my 42" Plasma if that makes a difference.

s_mirage

I seem to get screen tearing even with Vsync enabled, either in game or using Adaptive Vsync in the Nvidia control panel, anyone else having the same problem?

Playing it on my 42" Plasma if that makes a difference.

It's working fine here. Switch vsync back to app controlled, get Nvidia inspector and use it to make sure that "Vertical Sync Tear Control" is set to normal and not adaptive in both the global and RE6 profiles. I've had problems with the Nvidia control panel not correctly setting that sometimes.

Top Bottom