• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

Lime

Any way to force any other form of AA than the FXAA smudge we get in the game's options? With AMD software? Forcing it through Vision Engine/Catalyst Control Center doesn't seem to work and I want my SSAA :(

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OK guys question....What is the exact criteria for unlocking a Mercenaries stage? Do I have to score a certain rank with a certain character? If so, with whom, with what Rank, and on what stage?

I didn't get the Achievement for beating the entire game on Vetaran :mad: That's the only difficulty I played. WTF. I got the Easy/Normal ones, though. I feel cheated.

OK guys question....What is the exact criteria for unlocking a Mercenaries stage? Do I have to score a certain rank with a certain character? If so, with whom, with what Rank, and on what stage?
If it's like RE5, getting an A on the newest stage will unlock the next.

Gyrian

The first time you score a high enough rank in a stage (B? A? it definitely unlocks with S) it will open up the next stage on the list. Character doesn't matter for this, you can do them all with the same one.

If it's costumes you want, then rank high with the character you're trying to unlock in any stage.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Thanks guys much appreciated :)

Unlocked Leon, Helena and Chris' extra costumes so far, so was just wondering how to get the stages. If someone can confirm whether it's B or A rank that would be great.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Any way to force any other form of AA than the FXAA smudge we get in the game's options? With AMD software? Forcing it through Vision Engine/Catalyst Control Center doesn't seem to work and I want my SSAA :(

Maybe try downsampling? It's not officially promoted/enabled, but ATI drivers have been modified to allow the process. There's a long thread on neogaf if your curious about trying. My 6870 can't handle the overhead, so I haven't experimented with the process yet.

Good Luck if you decide to try.

isamu

Okie dokie guys, another question re The Mercenaries about the skills....

I'm confused on how the Hotkey assignments for switching skills work. Does this apply to Mercenaries at all?

I realize you cannot swap between skills during a *coop* Mercenaries online match, but the game gives no indication one way or the other if it is allowed during a single player Mercs run. Are you allowed to swap skills during an sp Mercs game or not?

If so, when pressing the corresponding hotkey for that skill, is there supposed to be any kind of sound or indicator letting you know that you swapped to that skill? I tried pressing several switch skill hotkeys and heard no sound or saw no difference in my skill effects.

Please clarify.

Question for people playing the PC version, who skipped the console ones: are you enjoying it? I heard so much negative talk about the game, but have always been kinda curious about it. Gonna finish up Bioshock Infinite first, but part of me wants to give this one a go just to see...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
am i the only one that liked helena?

I love Helena. She's my favorite. Agree with Riposte that she probably doesn't have any staying power though, sadly. I liked Sheva a lot too and Capcom basically washed their hands of her lol. They're throwing away my girls here.

Question for people playing the PC version, who skipped the console ones: are you enjoying it? I heard so much negative talk about the game, but have always been kinda curious about it. Gonna finish up Bioshock Infinite first, but part of me wants to give this one a go just to see...

I tried the console demo and the FoV basically ruined it for me. Wasn't particularly impressed beyond that either, so I didn't pay much attention, but the negative reaction made me really curious and, yeah, I am enjoying this lots. I think it's fucking great, actually. The core mechanics are very strong, although I had to read through Neiteio's thread to better understand them.

Don't really want to say where I'd place this just yet among my other favorites in the genre, as I still haven't beat all the campaigns yet, but I have a feeling it'll rank up there amongst my favorites. I can say I think this is the best TPS since Vanquish, at least.

Riposte

Yeah but you're not 100% sure ;)

Proper gaf etiquette would have been to post the "so there's a chance!?" gif.

I think this game didn't do too well on steam (it has already dropped out of top sellers and I'm assuming the figure I saw of 6,000 people being on it isn't great), which is a damn shame (although not necessarily a surprise), because I wanted more fresh blood to play with. I really wouldn't be surprised it is easier to get games on both PS3 and 360 (the difference between the launches alone was gigantic). To make matters worse, Capcom really messed up how matchmaking works in this game and splintered the community is a really odd way. That's going to hurt in the long term.

EDIT: If I was Capcom I would put out a demo which featured The Mercenaries (and probably also The Mercenaries No Mercy) on Urban Chaos (and possibly one other map) which allowed you to play Leon, Chris, and Jake and would be fully online and playable with the full version of the game. That's how you sell the game (AND support the community). It is also pretty absurd they haven't added in a proper tutorial yet (likely also set in Urban Chaos), but I didn't want to turn this post into a wishlist, so whatever.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

No problem. Comeback and give impressions on if it works/didn't work? I'm thinking about upgrading my GPU and it would be nice to know if downsampling works for RE6.

Fantastic traditional japanese Action Game (with poor documentation of the mechanics), but story wise a terrible successor to RE1-3 but better than the overall storylines of RE4-5. The story is unfocused as they tried to integrate what should have been side stories and plot points into the single main story in a limited amount of game time. It's a similar to how MGS4's main story is competent (for a MGS story) but becomes bogged down when Kojima decided to focus on tying up every minor character and plot point during what should have been Solid Snake's final dirge. If your a RE fan, you might want to check it out like a Robocop fan would watch Robocop 3; it's a farce, but it is an opportunity to watch more Robocop.

The first issue was the elongated QTE sections, which can be turned off for every difficulty level in the PC release (also the FOV can be adjusted). Other negative talk from consumers comes from the aforementioned issues with the storyline and lack of upfront documentation on the gameplay mechanics. For professional reviewers, the game has deeper mechanics, i.e requirements, than a typical shallow western AAA shooter. So they can't easily plow through the entire game by putting a reticle over a target and hitting a button. And since they're 'professionals' at playing games, they're not at at fault for lacking skill, the game must be fundamentally broken.

Valnen

Having a hard time deciding between mouse and keyboard controls and a gamepad. Gamepad feels less awkward to me but in theory mouse and keyboard should be flat out superior for a game like this. Ugh.

Question for people playing the PC version, who skipped the console ones: are you enjoying it?
Yes! This is one game the internet was wrong about in my opinion.

Tried Agent Hunt for the first time tonight. It's a mixed bag, especially because of how the creatures handle (slowly). HOWEVER, I did enjoy most of my time with it, and actually managed to give someone a Game Over as the bee swarm thing <3 It definitely varies in the fun factor depending on the chapter and what enemies you spawn as.

I played the Jake/Sherry chapter on the mountain where you're looking for keys. My god, that was terrible. The ravens can't ascend without following the actual path to go up higher, as if the rules of the human players applied to them. You have you "climb" ladders if someone goes up them, too. That's really, really dumb. Not to mention they do wide turns, so if you accidentally go over a cliff, YOU WILL DROP A WHOLE LEVEL AND BE UNABLE TO GO BACK UP to where you just were, meaning you lost your chance to attack the players. It was fun when you landed a flying grab, at least, but it felt unwieldy at times.

Did I mention the music that plays when you're a Creature is amazing? Because it is. It made the mode even more bearable.

I liked it a lot. Definitely try to play with a friend if you can. Here's a post I made last page about some of my thoughts

Anyway, as for Helena, she was all right. I liked Sheva a lot more; I hope she returns one day :(

Me and my friend did this earlier:

9A7F870518156470BF1EF088542EBAFBAD2FDB31

Felt good! We had a little over two minutes to spare. I'm definitely a big fan of No Mercy. Maaaaaan, I seriously cannot wait for the L4D2 gang to show up.

isamu

Proper gaf etiquette would have been to post the "so there's a chance!?" gif.
Heh, yeah I've pretty much confirmed that you're stuck with just one skill per match. I'm assuming it's skill that has a checkmark next to it in the "Skillpoint Settings" menu?

Anyway can you expand a bit on what you mean by the following:

To make matters worse, Capcom really messed up how matchmaking works in this game and splintered the community is a really odd way. That's going to hurt in the long term.

What exactly do you mean by matchmaking? Doesn't RE6's online multiplayer function the same way it did in RE5, ie create a match, set all options to any and wait for someone to join? How is that considered "messed up" or "splintering the community"? Just curious, because I've been trying to find an online Mercs game to no avail.

Sectus

Thanks guys much appreciated :)

Unlocked Leon, Helena and Chris' extra costumes so far, so was just wondering how to get the stages. If someone can confirm whether it's B or A rank that would be great.
I'm 99.5% sure it's A ranks.

Okie dokie guys, another question re The Mercenaries about the skills....

I'm confused on how the Hotkey assignments for switching skills work. Does this apply to Mercenaries at all?

I realize you cannot swap between skills during a *coop* Mercenaries online match, but the game gives no indication one way or the other if it is allowed during a single player Mercs run. Are you allowed to swap skills during an sp Mercs game or not?

If so, when pressing the corresponding hotkey for that skill, is there supposed to be any kind of sound or indicator letting you know that you swapped to that skill? I tried pressing several switch skill hotkeys and heard no sound or saw no difference in my skill effects.

Please clarify.

I'm 99.9% sure that isn't possible.

What exactly do you mean by matchmaking? Doesn't RE6's online multiplayer function the same way it did in RE5, ie create a match, set all options to any and wait for someone to join? How is that considered "messed up" or "splintering the community"? Just curious, because I've been trying to find an online Mercs game to no avail.

I assume he's talking about all the different modes (campaign, agent hunt, mercs, no mercy, onslaght, survivors, predator and siege, and all of the versus ones has both player and ranked matchmaking), which you can't search for at the same time. So if you just wanna play multiplayer in general, you have a lot of modes to search through.

am i the only one that liked helena?

I like both her design and playing as her. I'm probably in the minority, but I actually like RE6's hydra more than the one in RE5. This one requires a lot more skill to use.

AEREC

I'm loving it. I skipped the console version because of all the negativity and I'm still glad I did because of the framerate and image tearing. The game is great. I'm currently trying to work my way through Bioshock as well but I find myself wanting to play RE6 a bit more.

I totally don't get the negativity surrounding this game...Also the controls are wonderful once you get used to them and learn all the little nuances.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Helena owns. I've always found the Resident Evil casts goofy but very likable. Leon is still the best, dude has seen some shit.

I got the console version months after it was released. The game is great fun in coop, if you have a buddy to play with then you'll love it.

It felt like the criticisms were for the fact it's not the resident evil we all remember. It's an action game, it's not the puzzle/scary game online the old ones.

I've got it on pc, cannot wait to get stuck in, would thoroughly recommend it.

isamu

I'm 99.5% sure it's A ranks.

I'm 99.9% sure that isn't possible.

I assume he's talking about all the different modes (campaign, agent hunt, mercs, no mercy, onslaght, survivors, predator and siege, and all of the versus ones has both player and ranked matchmaking), which you can't search for at the same time. So if you just wanna play multiplayer in general, you have a lot of modes to search through.

thanks ^

akaoni

Banned
Did the new characters like Piers and Helena have the old style blocky costumes on the console release? I was surprised to see they did when I used the save editor to unlock stuff for mercs. Can't believe they didn't even adjust the unlock process for no mercy.

AEREC

That's what I was afraid of. No Mercy or nothing!!!!

(I will play normal to unlock characters. Boo)

Both are fun in their own way.

Mercs - for just killing enemies one at a time or small groups to build up combos.

No mercy - trying a large group into a massive explosion.

Taruranto

Finished Jake and Leon campaigns.

I tried a bit of Chris but jesus, his campaign is fucking awful, even by RE6 standards. Dunno if i'll go trough it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Only the 5th chapters left for everyone and Ada. I have played the entire game co-op with my partner sitting right next to me and have enjoyed it quite a bit.

Didn't pre-order the game unfortunately so I didn't get the season pass. None of the dlc of the console versions actually comes with the game? So I'll pay 12 dollars for all of it on top of the asking price when they get to releasing it all? At the very least the pre-order mercs maps are included right?

Only paying 32 dollars via GMG so I suppose it really isn't a big deal. RE6 was among my favorites of last year so I'm excited to play it at 60 FPS, even if the graphical improvements don't seem ot be as high as hoped. Although I thought the console version was one of the best looking games on the system so perhaps I'm crazy.

And Chris is my favorite campaign by far, mission 3 and 4 in particular are my favorite in the entire game. The driving section aside, which I still didn't find awful and passed on the first time. Did play as Piers and enjoyed the gameplay twists at the end, if nothing else his sniper rifle was a blast to use.

isamu

This is what GameFaqs says:

Resident Evil 6 Capcom 609-72038 0
3/21/13 AU MA

Resident Evil 6 (Steam)

Capcom 03/22/13 US M

Resident Evil 6 Capcom TBA EU 18+

BioHazard 6 Capcom TBA JP D

Wait so the PC version of this game is still not out yet in either Japan, Asia or Europe?

jediyoshi

Some random shots

Really? I honestly they were pretty mediocre, which was disappointing. It definitely got better afterward, though.

I prefer Chris' opening chapters to Leon's by far. Leon's opening level is a wreck. Forcing slow walking when people aren't even talking to you, tripable corpses everywhere which is barely a thing the rest of the game, unskippable camera transitions after almost every action. Then that entire cemetery bit ;_;

Chris' clearing out the indoor market and most of edonia save for ogroman and the bridge felt much better

isamu

Guys, I achieved over 100,000 in a Mercs solo run using Agent Hunt, but I didn't unlock any alt costume for him. Does he have an alt costume?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I see this got patched. Notes say the voice chat issues should be fixed now, thank fuck. My friend was having issues properly muting himself in-game without messing up his sound.

Guys, I achieved over 100,000 in a Mercs solo run using Agent Hunt, but I didn't unlock any alt costume for him. Does he have an alt costume?

He doesn't have an alt.

AEREC

Some random shots

I prefer Chris' opening chapters to Leon's by far. Leon's opening level is a wreck. Forcing slow walking when people aren't even talking to you, tripable corpses everywhere which is barely a thing the rest of the game, unskippable camera transitions after almost every action. Then that entire cemetery bit ;_;

Chris' clearing out the indoor market and most of edonia save for ogroman and the bridge felt much better

To each thier own...Leon's first 2 chapters have been my favorite so far.

Alright, so on the console version I beat the game on Professional mode the first time through. With that experience would I beat able to get through No Hope mode the first time around? Just wondering if it only makes sense to attempt with skills and such equipped.

Edit: Suppose no hope mode doesn't even use skills. So gulp!

Shame the RE Net isn't universal, I have to re-unlock everything ;-;

Edit: Streaming if anyone wants to take a quick gander. http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeoutof10

Top Bottom