• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

Gyrian

Bioshock Infinite sidetracked me, but Mercs is now back on the plate.
Alright, No Mercy players, where are you hiding?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
N00b on the PC question, how do you unlock the other Mercs stages? Been playing Mercs with a friend, and haven't unlocked any stages. Got an S on Urban Chaos and Steel Beast, B on Mining in the Depths, and nothing on stages. Anyone know how its done?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Bioshock Infinite sidetracked me, but Mercs is now back on the plate.
Alright, No Mercy players, where are you hiding?
It's kind of disappointing how no one seems to be playing. I'm hoping everyone's just playing with friends, though, and that that's why no one's making games to join.

I enjoy No Mercy a lot if you want to play sometime. My Steam profile

Gyrian

It's kind of disappointing how no one seems to be playing. I'm hoping everyone's just playing with friends, though, and that that's why no one's making games to join.

I enjoy No Mercy a lot if you want to play sometime. My Steam profile

Good games, dragonlife! A well-navigated organized chaos with some sweet leaderboard jumps to boot!

It's hard to tell if it's empty, or the matchmaking is terrible, or even both? (it felt pretty awful on PS3 as well).
To make it worse, you finally find a random partner -> connection error. ;_;

Good games, dragonlife! A well-navigated organized chaos with some sweet leaderboard jumps to boot!

It's hard to tell if it's empty, or the matchmaking is terrible, or even both? (it felt pretty awful on PS3 as well).
To make it worse, you finally find a random partner -> connection error. ;_;
Yeah, good games! That was a lot of fun. Rooftop Mission <3 It did us in quite a few times, but it's probably the most fun, frantic, and insane map in No Mercy. It's so goooood.

Yeah, the connection errors are really unfortunate.

I just started playing this and I've got a few questions.

It seems like I'm supposed to be 'stunning' most enemies with bullets and then running in for a melee kill. Is this right? I've been trying my best to do it and haven't had too much trouble getting headshots but I still find myself running kinda low on ammo most of the time.

What are the best skills to go for early on?

Are there any recommended changes for the KB&M control scheme? It feels kinda weird by default.

Are there any released mods yet?

Added my name to the steam list.
If you want to play Mercs or any of the MP modes and im online then i'll be game.

A couple random ones, like an HD-ified face for Jake and reskins/color edits for the outfits, at least from what I've seen.

I'll be adding you, btw.

I just started playing this and I've got a few questions.

It seems like I'm supposed to be 'stunning' most enemies with bullets and then running in for a melee kill. Is this right? I've been trying my best to do it and haven't had too much trouble getting headshots but I still find myself running kinda low on ammo most of the time.

What difficulty are you playing on? I did the whole shoot-them-in-the-head-and-rush-in-for-the-melee-kill thing, too, and didn't have too much trouble with ammo on Veteran. You can also run and do a melee attack to stun them, then finish them off with more melee attacks. Or slide into them.

I didn't change my skills throughout all campaigns. I got Defense, Attack, and... Item Increase? I forget.

jediyoshi

Yeah, stun -> melee kill is the route. For the starter zombies, using the quick shot (mouse1+mouse2 / lt+rt) will usually put them in the proper stun state to then walk up to them and get a melee prompt. The other tip is to just study their animations during combat to recognize when an enemy is stunned.

What difficulty are you playing on? I did the whole shoot-them-in-the-head-and-rush-in-for-the-melee-kill thing, too, and didn't have too much trouble with ammo on Veteran. You can also run and do a melee attack to stun them, then finish them off with more melee attacks. Or slide into them.

I didn't change my skills throughout all campaigns. I got Defense, Attack, and... Item Increase? I forget.

I'm playing on Normal, I guess I just need to not be popping off so many shots and do more dash attacks. And thanks for the list of skills, I'll keep those in mind.

Yeah, stun -> melee kill is the route. For the starter zombies, using the quick shot (mouse1+mouse2 / lt+rt) will usually put them in the proper stun state to then walk up to them and get a melee prompt. The other tip is to just study their animations during combat to recognize when an enemy is stunned.

Ah, I'd forgotten about the quickshot, thanks!

Riposte

Leon should not be allowed to get behind the wheel of anything, period. I'm amazed Helena doesn't at some point go "no, I think I'll handle this."

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Beat all the campaigns now. Think Jake > Chris > Ada > Leon is how I'd rank them. I don't really understand how some people felt Leon's campaign was the best. I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad, actually it was occasionally pretty dope (the boss fight in his third chapter still cracks me up, it is so Capcom), but the difficulty completely nosedives towards the end and he has the worst of the final bosses between the main three. Also his first few chapters, while a neat shoutout to the earlier games in look and tone, have some weird quirks. Dumb "gotcha!" sorta moments, basically. Stuff like zombies you can't attack initially, but then will suddenly 'turn on' and lunge at you. Or the vehicle that runs you over at the gas station. Or that janky ass escape bit in the third chapter. I managed to have fun still despite this stuff, but it was a bumpy ride. At least his campaign has Helena. You know, the best girl in the game~

Chris though, wow. His last chapter. That was fucking good. Real shootbang action and real bro love, man. Highlight of the game, eye em oh.

Taruranto

otsvLIV.jpg

JIcXBI9.jpg

lolwut? This was random.

Fantasmo

Just picked it up yesterday. I got the FOV recommendation going, what else do I want to set up for a great experience?

Do I want to skip the QTE's? Are they that frustrating?
Also, is the campaign worth it or should I skip it and go right to Mercenaries?

sTeLioSco

Banned
Beat all the campaigns now. Think Jake > Chris > Ada > Leon is how I'd rank them. I don't really understand how some people felt Leon's campaign was the best. I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad, actually it was occasionally pretty dope (the boss fight in his third chapter still cracks me up, it is so Capcom), but the difficulty completely nosedives towards the end and he has the worst of the final bosses between the main three. Also his first few chapters, while a neat shoutout to the earlier games in look and tone, have some weird quirks. Dumb "gotcha!" sorta moments, basically. Stuff like zombies you can't attack initially, but then will suddenly 'turn on' and lunge at you. Or the vehicle that runs you over at the gas station. Or that janky ass escape bit in the third chapter. I managed to have fun still despite this stuff, but it was a bumpy ride. At least his campaign has Helena. You know, the best girl in the game~

Chris though, wow. His last chapter. That was fucking good. Real shootbang action and real bro love, man. Highlight of the game, eye em oh.

yeah bro,if chris chapter had some killstreaks to call airstrikes it would have been the best resident evil...

Sectus

Just picked it up yesterday. I got the FOV recommendation going, what else do I want to set up for a great experience?

Do I want to skip the QTE's? Are they that frustrating?
Also, is the campaign worth it or should I skip it and go right to Mercenaries?

I suggest starting with mercenaries to begin with anyway, as it's a great way to get used to the game's mechanics.

I think mercs is easily the best part of the game, but I did have fun going through the story mode.

Gyrian

If you can't picture being left alone in Mercs No Mercy, it is possible:

ksUWwxS.png

In this bit of profound sadness we could not find anyone to finish the combo with until well after it had dropped. ;_;

Sectus

ksUWwxS.png

In this bit of profound sadness we could not find anyone to finish this combo with until well after it had dropped. ;_;

That is pretty unfortunate. I've had plenty of annoying things happen in mercs. I just finished a solo run of creature workshop (which I'm uploading right now) and I nearly lost the combo at two spots. Creature workshop is just so darn big that even no mercy can't fill the entire stage with enemies all the time.

Semblance

Wow, I completely forgot about all this predator / survivor / siege stuff. I'm going to be playing this game forever.

yeah bro,if chris chapter had some killstreaks to call airstrikes it would have been the best resident evil...

Would need Ice Cube voicing Piers instead, then maybe.

Oreoleo

ksUWwxS.png

In this bit of profound sadness we could not find anyone to finish the combo with until well after it had dropped. ;_;

Same happened to me last night on Creature Workshop. Got stuck at 298 for a minute or so looking for the last two enemies. Those flying bastards get stuck in the walls and under platforms. Couldn't even hit one of them cause he was clipped too far through the wall. Had to use a flash grenade to get him to drop.

Semblance

The flying creatures love to get stuck on damn near everything. They are the worst.

Gyrian

On the other hand, just try not getting spit on during No Mercy Rooftop Mission.
That map was already amazing in regular Mercs, but No Mercy there is just something else. <3

EDIT: Despite the 299, that was still good for #13 and #14 in the duo leaderboards for Creature Workshop. :0

Hey guys,

I passed the prologue and it tells me that i need to finish the 3 campaigns first (which i already did on 360) to access the Mercenaries mode. Is there a way to unlock the mode without doing it ? Thanks

Hey guys,

I passed the prologue and it tells me that i need to finish the 3 campaigns first (which i already did on 360) to access the Mercenaries mode. Is there a way to unlock the mode without doing it ? Thanks

Weird since, I just had to do prologue to open Merceneries. Otherwise you could always use the save editor and unlock up Merceneries.

akaoni

Banned
Hey guys,

That is definitely not right... it should unlock right away after the prologue. There was an update when I added the game to Steam, perhaps you need that?

Sectus

Hey guys,

I guess you're playing the German version? As a weird censor, mercs is only unlocked by completing the entire game. In other versions it's unlocked right away.

Mugy

RE6 gains a lot by chaing the FOV to 15 15 0, just like someone says itt. Gameplay it's good, but i missing something...Like the headshot > melee attack. Mercenaries mode in RE4/RE5 was fun just by doing that and getting high scores with the 1-kill move Hunt neckbreaker.

Jawmuncher

That is definitely not right... it should unlock right away after the prologue. There was an update when I added the game to Steam, perhaps you need that?

Yep the German version for whatever reason doesn't unlock Mercs until the game is beat (had to deal with that on ps3). I'm seeing that there's a Dave unlocker ill try it out and let you know if you can use it to unlock just Mercs without anything else.

A couple random ones, like an HD-ified face for Jake and reskins/color edits for the outfits, at least from what I've seen.

I'll be adding you, btw.

Sounds good like I said if you see me on steam/re6 I'm game to play online.

Leon should not be allowed to get behind the wheel of anything, period. I'm amazed Helena doesn't at some point go "no, I think I'll handle this."

Honestly I think this would make for a good joke next time leon is in the game and a car segment comes up. Something like
Leon you need to drive you out of here! "I'd rather not how about you take the wheel"

Thanks for your answers guys, that's really strange because it's a French version (I'm living in France). Anyway, i'll try to reinstall or to find the Dave Unlocker you're talking about Jawmuncher, thanks !

Dusk Golem

Sectus, have to thank you for helping on the multiple players in No Mercy tutorial stuff. Been having a blast playing through No Mercy with a few friends.

Having a multi-man stand on top of the central pillar in Mining of the Depth using only Jake, fist-only is more fun than it has any right to be.

ArjanN

RE6 gains a lot by chaing the FOV to 15 15 0, just like someone says itt. Gameplay it's good, but i missing something...Like the headshot > melee attack. Mercenaries mode in RE4/RE5 was fun just by doing that and getting high scores with the 1-kill move Hunt neckbreaker.

But RE6 has that.

Dusk Golem

The thing I find great about Resident Evil 6 Mercs is that, you can completely play it like RE4/5 Mercenaries to still pretty great effect, but there are also new methods and ways you can choose to play it by thanks to all of the new mechanics. Can find a style you play best by with some pretty big flexibility.

Jawmuncher

I just tried the Save Editor for Mercs play.
Was able to unlock all stages and characters easily with it.
No clue how to use it for Campaign progress though.

Top Bottom