• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Rösti;206972101 said:
re7t3ujq.png

Digital download only is a bit of shame, but I'm glad it is at least coming to PC.

In USA I guess. I mean in Europe, we got REHD boxed, RE6 boxed.

So the
Phone has at LEAST 3 different messages when you answer it my most recent run netted something along the lines of "I know who you are, memories hold the truth don't let appearances deceive you"

Freak

Looks great, stuck at work right now so ill have to wait till i get home to try the demo.
But from what im reading it doesnt sound much like a Resi title.
Dont get me wrong i'll still be picking this up day 1. But paranormal ghosty stuff isnt a Resi game.

Nemesis_

Does anyone with the Japanese version know if the way they talk about "the family" that it's tied to "The Family" from Resident Evil 6?

Kinsei

Banned
Looks great, stuck at work right now so ill have to wait till i get home to try the demo.
Dont get me wrong i'll still be picking this up day 1. But paranormal ghosty stuff isnt a Resi game.

We're calling her a ghost because she disappears, but it's far more likely she's an infected person. In one of her appearances you can see a plagas-esque parasite crawling over her face.

MilkBeard

So the
Phone has at LEAST 3 different messages when you answer it my most recent run netted something along the lines of "I know who you are, memories hold the truth don't let appearances deceive you"

Damn you guys are finding a lot of different things in the demo.

I like the potential possibility in the variations in ways that you can approach the situation.

bunkitz

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to play this because while I love watching horror films, games are another thing. However, I'm very happy and excited for this because it's know that Resident Evil's lost its touch when it comes to the horror nature of their games, but this looks so damn promising and I think it's safe to say that they'll reclaim their position in the genre.

I mean, for fuck's sake, there wasn't even a single zombie in the trailer! Although, hopefully, there will be actual zombies in the final game, and not just.. ghosts? I think I saw a screenshot of a newspaper mentioning ghosts.

PS2 Addict

Neo Member
Plz plz I don't want the game to be a First Person game. I hope there's at least a button to change the view because first person is just horrible.

It's not a full on ghost formula. We know Umbrella is involved in some way because of a photo. The trailer also shows mutations. Someone mentioned it earlier, but the vibe that the game really gives off is similar to Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

nOoblet16

RE was never scary, I mean unless you take into account the time when zombies were considered scary which would be the first game and that's it. The fact that people have been asking for a scary "back to roots" RE when those roots are actually an action game has always bothered me. RE has been an action game since RE2...not RE4m as such to bunch up post RE4 fans into a group and pre RE4 fans in another like they are all the same is strange.

I won't play this game if it's a first person horror game because :
1) I don't like horror games since most of them rely far too much on either monster closet design or making you completely under-powered and under-equipped which I don't find fun. TEW is actually decent example of a horror game that does neither but the game has other problems.

2) It will be in first person.

Btw this also means RE6's amazing combat engine is now dead.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Considering this seems to want you to replay and try different stuff, maaaaan is the replay when you speed things up a bit rough. That tape scene is waiting on so many triggers, and there's a blatant invisible wall that assures you can't follow the guy into the hallway. Ugh.

I quite liked the demo, will be curious if it has nothing to do with zombies. The horror was perfect though!
It seems
they are going for the spooky house angle like the first game did.
Edit: Are people upset it is nothing like RE5 and RE6? LOL! Reminds me of 1/2 mostly.

Auctopus

Bit of an odd request but my friend loves Resident Evil and has been waiting for a return to horror and has no idea that this got shown last night.

Does anyone have a trailer I can link him that doesn't have Resident Evil 7 in the title>?

RedSnake

So I don't know if this is against the rules and if it is I'm sorry, but can any one PM me a PSN+ trial code? (those exist right?)
I'm going to work right now and as a big time RE fan I REALLY wanna try this demo out.

I'm going in blind but is it as obtuse as PT?

Does anyone have a trailer I can link him that doesn't have Resident Evil 7 in the title>?

PSN conference on youtube minute 1 hour 4 minutes mark.

That's what I'm making my friends watch :)

I'm really hoping the teaser is not indicative of the final game at all. Holding on to hope that some secret is discovered that will have some sort of reveal that will get me more more interested. Pretty disappointed so far.

RevenWolf

RE was never scary, I mean unless you take into account the time when zombies were considered scary which would be the first game and that's it. The fact that people have been asking for a scary "back to roots" RE when those roots are actually an action game has always bothered me. RE has been an action game since RE2...not RE4m as such to bunch up post RE4 fans into a group and pre RE4 fans in another like they are all the same is strange.

I won't play this game if it's a first person horror game because :
1) I don't like horror games since most of them rely far too much on either monster closet design or making you completely under-powered and under-equipped which I don't find fun. TEW is actually decent example of a horror game that does neither but the game has other problems.

2) It will be in first person.

Btw this also means RE6's amazing combat engine is now dead.

An interesting idea that I feel would have more credibility if REmake didn't exist and was one of the scariest games ever imo lol.

Kinsei

Banned
So I saw
"welcome to the family" guy walking around. He was coming from the locked room beside the starting room and heading towards the kitchen.
The real ending has to be in that room.

Hagi

I need to see the full scope of where they are going with this because I am not a fan of first person horror games at all. After how much I enjoyed Revelations 2 this really what I was wanting or expecting from 7.

Nev

Banned
The salt from RE456 fans is already bigger than I imagined haha. Youtube comments and some posts in this thread are delicious.

Genio88

What the fuck did they do to Resident Evil ?

They lowered the budget(cause they had to) and at the same time they're trying to take advantage of the PT and Silent Hills thirst, since Konami killed those despite the great feedbacks they had.
To me they're doing the right thing, since they can't afford another giant AAA title like RE 6 they'll use the brand to do something smaller but more focused

nOoblet16

An interesting idea that I feel would have more credibility if REmake didn't exist and was one of the scariest games ever imo lol.

REmake barely even gets to TEW level scary (which was more creepy than scary). I don't even know now.

Infact I should have used REmake as an example of why exactly RE games are not scary and horrific anymore due to change in times. Since it's a remake of the first game from 1996 and saw a release in early 2002 and then a little over a decade later. What was scary in 1996 and 2002 is not scary in 2014, especially after what the zombie game sub genre has become in this time..I mean who finds a zombie or any other form of infected scary in 2016?

Fitts

The more unhappy fans of 4, 5 and 6 are with 7, the better a game it will be.

Agreed. I know a large portion of GAF loves 4, but that's when the series took a turn for the worst in my opinion. It's a decent game on its own but it's a bad Resident Evil game.

Glad to read they're going in a different direction.

Top Bottom