• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

So I've played it twice. The demo is enjoyable, and I'll absolutely get it day one, but it doesn't have the fell of a Resident Evil game. I look forward to more details.

Honestly, after the last couple of RE games I'm really glad that it;s nothing like those.

skypunch

Banned
So, theory I have. In the Resident Evil 6 trailer, most of the areas are from what we've seen of the demo, but there are additional rooms that haven't been found yet.

HOWEVER, in the trailer there are a few split second flashes of ghost appearances from areas in the demo.

eee87343d4f66f1942c1d3d12a41df04.png

d524cab7e1509b571126aa379c68e7a6.png

I have an idea. Since the ghost appears around the tape level, maybe she disappears and reappears elsewhere. Maybe you need to spot her each time to trigger something.

Maybe there's also more clues in the trailer?

That top picture is scaring the shit out of me.

J3nga

Well, I can understand why they would do kind of a reboot, cause 5/6 story felt sucked out of finger and it must've been too difficult to come up for 7 that is not utter bs, although it says it's a direct sequel to 6 and we see zombies-ghosts(?), something's very odd here and out of proportion.

Persona7

Banned
in the trailer there is a photo on the coffee table in the tv room.

also this?

nGwfh6p.png

and a daylight outdoors scene with the swing thing

RedAssedApe

Banned
"Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate."

So far I fail to see any relevance to any Resident evil, both story/characters wise and gameplay, it would be nice if devs could shine some light as to me it was one of the most anticipated E3 games.

Why would you want this stuff spoiled? I'd rather find out what the connections are myself when playing the game.

Why would you want this stuff spoiled? I'd rather find out what the connections are myself when playing the game.

at least an idea of the plot would be nice, what happened to Leon and the others. What about neo umbrella? Is there an outbreak happening in the town and why isn't the BSAA getting involved with this? You think after the events that occurred with tall oaks and China people would be fully aware of the zombies by now and wouldn't just dismiss it for ghosts

So I've found three mannequins you can destroy. There has to be a reason to do so right? Maybe there's more just waiting to be found.

Here's a list.

On the second floor. After going towards where the headphones are in the tape a fourth mannequin will spawn in the room. You can destroy this one.

In the room with the phone.

On the first floor near where you got the tape. I have no clue how I got this one to spawn.

You can also destroy the boxes.
They're empty :(

DJwest

Can't try the demo yet so how good was it, GAF? My concerns are that it's first person. Not sure how I feel about that...

Sacul64GC

Banned
Really confused (unless I'm misunderstanding) by people saying you cant watch the tape in order to get the fuse. I can only get into the hidden room if I watch the tape, I just exit the tape at the point then I can get it but there is no key then. Have not tried watched the video to the end after that.

Nev

Banned
I love this not only because it means RE is going back to horror but also for the fact that it'll piss off these "fans" of the franchise who thought RE6 was a Resident Evil game, and also Konami if the game is a success, fuck Konami.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Yeah I'm thinking there is more to seeing the ghost woman in the different places.

Like you may have to open the pot,then watch the tape and find her. Then turn the sink faucet - watch the tape and find her etc;

Really confused (unless I'm misunderstanding) by people saying you cant watch the tape in order to get the fuse. I can only get into the hidden room if I watch the tape, I just exit the tape at the point then I can get it but there is no key then. Have not tried watched the video to the end after that.

Just use the lever under the fireplace to acces that part without watching the tape.

JP

Nope, not happening, not playing this on PSVR. Not because I'm scared or anything!!

I didn't try it but apparently, The Kitchen, was terrifying.
Capcom_Kitchen_Demo.gif

I love this not only because it means RE is going back to horror but also for the fact that it'll piss off these "fans" of the franchise who thought RE6 was a Resident Evil game, and also Konami if the game is a success, fuck Konami.

Regardless it's still part of the main series and resident evil always had action elements with horror in it. Making it an amnesia style game with supernatural elements is just completely straying away from what resident evil started to begin with

News Bot

Banned
at least an idea of the plot would be nice, what happened to Leon and the others. What about neo umbrella? Is there an outbreak happening in the town and why isn't the BSAA getting involved with this? You think after the events that occurred with tall oaks and China people would be fully aware of the zombies by now and wouldn't just dismiss it for ghosts

There's no pressing need to know what happened to anyone in BIO6, their stories were self-contained and resolved in that game.

Neo Umbrella is gone. This is an isolated incident that the BSAA doesn't know about yet. They're not really dismissing them as ghosts, they haven't actually seen them. The paranormal crew are attracted to it for the usual ghost shit, like weird sounds and maybe the occassional flash of something that looks vaguely humanoid.

There is no paranormal aspect to the BIO universe, but there's no reason people in that universe can't believe in it. The apparent ghost sightings in the game currently are probably hallucinations due to the camerman being knocked out and infected, hence "welcome to the family."

If you look at the trailer shot of the table, it looks like there are more chairs there than there should be. Like others have been added to "the family."

RikkTheGaijin

Capcom Artist
Regardless it's still part of the main series and resident evil always had action elements with horror in it. Making it an amnesia style game with supernatural elements is just completely straying away from what resident evil started to begin with

I'm glad you already played the full game.

MilkBeard

Pretty cool, liked the demo. Feels good. It actually feels like old Resident Evil, with a new twist (and the setting feels like a movie).

I'm intrigued, and will keep an eye on it. Hopefully you get weapons and the like later on.

EDIT: Totally forgot, this game is going to be crazy in VR. Holy shit.

Kinsei

Banned
Ugh, I have scoured this tape forward and back and still haven't found anything. I think it has something to do with those headphones but nothing I've done has triggered anything around them.

Pretty cool, liked the demo. Feels good. It actually feels like old Resident Evil, with a new twist (and the setting feels like a movie).

I'm intrigued, and will keep an eye on it. Hopefully you get weapons and the like later on.

EDIT: Totally forgot, this game is going to be crazy in VR. Holy shit.

There's a weapon you can find in the demo.

NateDrake

Ugh, I have scoured this tape forward and back and still haven't found anything. I think it has something to do with those headphones but nothing I've done has triggered anything around them.

The headphones are definitely something. They standout way too much to serve no purpose.

There's no pressing need to know what happened to anyone in BIO6, their stories were self-contained and resolved in that game.

Neo Umbrella is gone. This is an isolated incident that the BSAA doesn't know about yet. They're not really dismissing them as ghosts, they haven't actually seen them. The paranormal crew are attracted to it for the usual ghost shit, like weird sounds and maybe the occassional flash of something that looks vaguely humanoid.

There is no paranormal aspect to the BIO universe, but there's no reason people in that universe can't believe in it. The apparent ghost sightings in the game currently are probably hallucinations due to the camerman being knocked out and infected, hence "welcome to the family."

If you look at the trailer shot of the table, it looks like there are more chairs there than there should be. Like others have been added to "the family."

So its some weird cult thing thats obsessed with infecting people? It just seems like this should have just been a spin off instead of making it a mainline title. I'm keeping my doubts mainly because it strays too far away with what resident evil was meant to be.

Plasma

Banned
Well I gave it a go and got the ending where
I went to use the back door then some guy captured me as I opened it.
Can't say I really like the direction they're taking the series in it seems to me they just made something completely new and slapped the Resident Evil name on it.

EDIT: Also since everyone seems to be under the impression that the only people who don't like this are 4, 5 and 6 fans I've been playing since the original and RE2 and REmake are my favourites.

News Bot

Banned
So its some weird cult thing thats obsessed with infecting people? It just seems like this should have just been a spin off instead of making it a mainline title. I'm keeping my doubts mainly because it strays too far away with what resident evil was meant to be.

Probably. There's still very little to go on.

Swag

Don't really enjoy horror games so don't think I'll pick this up, but that cover of Go Tell Aunt Rhody and the contents of the trailer is really well done.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
re7t3ujq.png

Digital download only is a bit of shame, but I'm glad it is at least coming to PC.

Top Bottom