• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Was going to wait til I got PSVR but fuck it, I've not been this excited for RE since 4. Been a big fan since I was a really young kid, fell in love again with REmake on GC and then imported Resident evil 4 when it was released in the US.

Here goes.

Aggelos

Biohazard 7 ushers an epoch wherein we go back to the roots of the series.... The very early roots... The earliest possible

FPS beta of Biohazard 1
425256299_small_zpsxdkaqbyo.jpg

gallery-1458562989-resident-evil-fps_zps95io3kma.jpg

liquidtmd

Banned
In terms of atmosphere and all that. Ah man, really? That's a shame.

I'm about 45 minutes in sat playing in the dark with headphones.

The atmosphere is the most stressful yet compulsive I've had in a long time. I mean holy fuck.

Not jump scares although a couple of featured. I mean they NAILED the atmosphere. Absolutely

I'm very tired and must sleep now but
just had the dinner scene and been chased around by Jack for the first time

Intense.

I'm about 45 minutes in sat playing in the dark with headphones.

The atmosphere is the most stressful yet compulsive I've had in a long time. I mean holy fuck.

Not jump scares although a couple of featured. I mean they NAILED the atmosphere. Absolutely

I'm very tired and must sleep now but
just had the dinner scene and been chased around by Jack for the first time

Intense.

Ah okay! That sounds awesome. Will be doing the same in a few hours after work.

That's not true

I've had preloaded since yesterday. And I download the patch to boot?

I'm actually downloading it right now. I had to go to my library and start the download from there for some reason. The option to start the preload download won't show up on the games page on PSN.
Oh shit! Sorry about that. What in the hell is wrong with mine then!?

Edit:. Ah, got it. Thanks devil! Sorry for the fake news lol

Ozium

don't like having to wait for steam to unlock this ish, I want to play...

Do we know when the banned footage will be available?

edit: also does anyone remember one of the settings that was borked in the pc version? I remember in the demo there was bad dithering on textures if one of the settings was set to ultra, but setting it to high made it go away.. I think I remember that it was a bug though, maybe it got fixed..

Magnus

I'm psyched and terrified all at once. I don't know if I'll be able to handle playing this alone. I couldn't make it through PT alone. But it's RE - I've been a fan forever and have played all of the mainline games, except for 6. How do I pass up a super well-reviewed one...?

Foxxsoxx

So one hour until release at Gamestop. Is the release time for PSN midnight EST?

Can anyone who has beaten the game let me know if this is worth the buy or should I redbox it?

Kind of strapped on cash right now but I can definitely get one game, but I'm not sure if this is a game that has any kind of replayability to it? Thoughts?

Kind of strapped on cash right now but I can definitely get one game, but I'm not sure if this is a game that has any kind of replayability to it? Thoughts?

I don't know how the rest of the game will play out, but the first two and so hours of the game is fairly linear in progression, and quite heavily scripted. The "encounters" also generally follow a set pattern. These could affect the replayability of a second playthrough if the rest of the game is similar. Someone who finished the game should be able to give you a more informed opinion, but I just wanted to lay out my thoughts on the game so far.

Though I guess, on a second play through, you're usually gunning for trophies/achievements and such, so it won't matter as much.

gagecube

Banned
So one hour until release at Gamestop. Is the release time for PSN midnight EST?

Can anyone who has beaten the game let me know if this is worth the buy or should I redbox it?

PSN goes live at 11EST

wbacon

Capcom USA
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some news with regards to the release times on PlayStation Network, Xbox/Windows Store, and Steam so you can plan ahead and be ready for launch.

-----------------
■PlayStation Network
 North America: 1/23 9:00 PM PST (1/24 0:00AM EST)
 Europe: 1/24 0:00 AM Local time per country/region
 Asia: 1/24 0:00 AM HKT
 Japan: 1/26 0:00 AM JST

Note: Unlock times are for pre-order versions only. Launch day version will become available during normal business hours when the PlayStation Store updates.
-----------------
■Xbox Store and Windows Store
 Rest of World: 1/24 0:00 AM Local time per country/region

Note: Beginning Hour Teaser Demo on Windows Store will also launch simultaneously with the full game.
-----------------
■Steam
Worldwide (excl. Japan:) 1/23 9:00 PM PST
Japan: 1/26 9:00 AM JST

Note: Japan has a different product from RoW (censored & grotesque)
-----------------

Welcome to the Family, fam!

wbacon

Decided to run through the demo again today to get the Dirty Coin. Now that I have that, I am all set for tomorrow when the full game unlocks... even though I don't know what the Dirty Coin in the full game gives me.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some news with regards to the release times on PlayStation Network, Xbox/Windows Store, and Steam so you can plan ahead and be ready for launch.

-----------------
■PlayStation Network
 Europe: 1/24 0:00 AM Local time per country/region
 Asia: 1/24 0:00 AM HKT

Note: Unlock times are for pre-order versions only. Launch day version will become available during normal business hours when the PlayStation Store updates.
-----------------
■Xbox Store and Windows Store
 Rest of World: 1/24 0:00 AM Local time per country/region

Note: Beginning Hour Teaser Demo on Windows Store will also launch simultaneously with the full game.
-----------------
■Steam
Japan: 1/26 9:00 AM JST

Note: Japan has a different product from RoW (censored & grotesque)
-----------------

Welcome to the Family, fam!

wbacon

Just flip the switch now!

Please ;_;

tesqui

Hi everyone,
-----------------
■Steam
-----------------
wbacon

Right now Steam store page says 2 hours until unlock which would be 8PM PST. I guess the timer is wrong on Steam?

Kard8p3

well fuck me here i thought the game came out in like February.. lmao. Just bought Yakuza 0 or I would've gotten this :(, oh well, next paycheck I suppose.

edit: Does anyone know if you use a PS4 controller on PC if it has the correct buttons?

wbacon

Capcom USA
Right now Steam store page says 2 hours until unlock which would be 8PM PST. I guess the timer is wrong on Steam?

Could be something wonky going on with the store page, but rest assured it will unlock at 9pm PST / midnight EST.

For non-U.S. folks, that's in 2 hours and 48 minutes from this post.

Top Bottom