• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

ValfarHL

The game is now unlocked in Norway.
It said 30 minutes until unlock when the time was 2330/1130PM here.

And I'm in bed having to sleep..

Just finished and I didn't really see the drastic shift people were talking about. Pretty standard for a RE finale and saying that one third or even the whole second half
is action-based (let alone CoD)
is utterly stretching it. The second half isn't as remarkable as the first, but it's still very good.

Just finished and I didn't really see the drastic shift people were talking about. Pretty standard for a RE finale and saying that one third or even the whole second half
is more action-based (let alone CoD)
is utterly stretching it.

It's not COD at all but you go from being extremely limited in ammo to really have a pretty huge abundance of it and enemies later. Still was pretty awesome though imo.

void666

Banned
Any tricks to unlock this earlier? Pc version. Five hours from now is 2am here. I'd like to play before going to bed.

I'm disappointed the pro and pc versions don't have better textures and geometry considering what they showed during their technology presentation. Where did that incredibly high poly, high res source data go? Could they be holding off a high res patch?

Also interested to see what the pc modding does with this engine.

I'm hoping for some quality jump scares when I jump in at midnight, there's been a real shortage of them in video games lately. The last one that got me good was
man-bat's introduction
in Arkham Knight, and the last one from an actual horror game was the
hanging body
from Outlast.

I don't consider a horror game to be truly good without at least one extremely effective jump scare.

Spades

Finished it just now with
ending number 2
. Absolutely phenomenal - a dream come true for fans of the original Resi games. It's going to take something very special for this to not be my GOTY come December.

jaaz

Does anyone know how improved the PS4 PRO version compared to the PS4 one? Close to PC max without HBAO+?

Difference between PS4 Pro and original PS4 is quite noticeable. The PS4 Pro version is much clearer, with better textures, while the original PS4 version is significantly more blurry and soft. Someone posted screens earlier. I don't remember which thread it was in (sorry!).

EDIT: Found it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228941438&postcount=1654

komorebi

MazeHaze

Banned
Any chance on this unlocking early on steam? Last game I preloaded was Shadow Warrior 2, and they unlocked that thing like 10 hours early.

DrBo42

Can someone give me a really basic (not too spoilery) rough estimate of how much gunplay is in the game? Trying to make a purchase decision and don't want 90%+ of the game to be a slow walk "look at this" game with light puzzle elements.

B-Dex

Does anyone have a nice concise guide for getting the demo coin. I'll try one more time before the full game unlocks.

Can someone give me a really basic (not too spoilery) rough estimate of how much gunplay is in the game? Trying to make a purchase decision and don't want 90%+ of the game to be a slow walk "look at this" game with light puzzle elements.
Based on the reviews and impressions, you won't be disappointed. A poster here described it as 80% Resident Evil 20% Outlast

Some fairly non spoiler pics I took but just in case for those sensitive.

AP8R2tYh.jpg

SCGCiONh.png

i8qlfOmh.jpg

ilqe7PNh.png

95TrNPlh.png

1ZKsYt4h.png

Reedirect

Man, the
kid's room
sequence is absolutely terrifying. Like PT level, shivers down my spine. I somehow didn't expect this. I can't imagine how this must be in VR.

Woah. Honestly I'm incredibly surprised by that. Thanks.
It was response to a comment similar to your's. Poster was concerned that the game was 80% outlast 20% RE, and the response was that it's more like the opposite
I'm still so unsure. I like RE1,2 and RE4 is a masterpiece, hell I even enjoyed 5 back then. BUT I didn't like outlast and this gives me a 80% outlast 20% RE vibe.
It's more like the other way round, honestly.

RE7 is definitely attempting to cultivate a new fanbase in addition to the one it already has, and it goes about that by flirting with contemporary horror games and movies, but mechanically and structurally it's very much RE.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Does anyone have a nice concise guide for getting the demo coin. I'll try one more time before the full game unlocks.

What is the demo coin? What does it do in the main game? Nothing in the OP about it.

Read a bit of the reviews and impressions and bought it while at work. Hoping to come home later and play it in the dark. It better be spooky! The demo sure wasn't.

BHR-3

can anyone confirm if they have this on ps4 or ps4 pro with a SSD do you have texture streaming pop in?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Been sitting about waiting for the UK midnight release..when it's not a midnight release on PC,any luck with VPN's?

Fuck sakes man!!! it doesn't release at 12am ?.... 4 and half more hours capcom you sons a beaches.

They decided to basically go for worldwide release (except in Japan and maybe a few other far east Asian regions I guess?). Unfortunately that means it's unlocking simultaneously at the equivalent of 12 AM EST. So where I am (PST) that means 9 PM, but in the UK that would be 4-5 AM.

SomTervo

Been sitting about waiting for the UK midnight release..when it's not a midnight release on PC,any luck with VPN's?

It's 5am man.

Edit: ah, you've been told.

Read a bit of the reviews and impressions and bought it while at work. Hoping to come home later and play it in the dark. It better be spooky! The demo sure wasn't.

Uh. By all accounts it's less spooky than the demo. Unless your definition of spooky is "jump scares".

Top Bottom