• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

I'll try again...

has anyone who pre-ordered the PS4 disc version got their Survival Pack DLC code by email yet?

Best Buy got me the game today, but I don't want to start until I get the DLC.
I pre-ordered from Amazon and didn't get any email about that yet, though I don't get the physical copy until tomorrow.

Lren

Looking forward to playing this with a good friend of mine as our initial conversations with each other were about Resident Evil. I just hope the ice we are expecting tonight/tomorrow doesn't impact things too much, haha.

ISee

I really want to play this but I know I'm too chicken.

I have the same problem with games like outlast where you have to hide/run from enemies and can't fight back. But RE7 seems to be more in line with the older RE games. A lot of exploration, sparse ammunition and limited inventory but you definitely can fight back (you're even supposed to). It seems to be more of an action horror game, which is fine with me (hopefully). Maybe you'd also enjoy that.

Has anyone tried going to their Best Buy to pick up the game for in-store pick up? I got an e-mail that says I can come pick it up tomorrow, but on my orders page it says ready to pick up.

Unison

Has anyone tried going to their Best Buy to pick up the game for in-store pick up? I got an e-mail that says I can come pick it up tomorrow, but on my orders page it says ready to pick up.

Online it said I could pick up Yakuza 0 today, but when I went to the store the cashier wouldn't give it to me because it's not yet the street date (the computer wouldn't process the transaction).

I wouldn't bother...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the fact that so many people say that it looks great but too scary for them(iincluding myself, but im still playing it lol) is a testament to at the very least RE being scary again.

I mean, lets be fair, did anyone say "im not going to play RE5 man, shooting that giant ogre in the face with a machine gun looks too scary :("

I love RE5 btw lol

the fact that so many people say that it looks great but too scary for them(iincluding myself, but im still playing it lol) is a testament to at the very least RE being scary again.

I mean, lets be fair, did anyone say "im not going to play RE5 man, shooting that giant ogre in the face with a machine gun looks too scary :("

I love RE5 btw lol

The only part I got nervous for a split second in RE 5 was in the caves with the latern. Could have been scary as fuck... that was it.

what-ok

In celebration of the countdown to release this evening, I'm getting my kitchen squeaky-clean

re7-bigger-pic-625x347.jpg

Totally not because I'm going to be so enthralled with the game that I won't be able to focus on anything else...
Me too. First I need to make a pizza.

kc44135

Well, I don't have a Pro to compare, but it's been awesome so far on my regular PS4! It looks great, and I haven't noticed any framerate drops. I took some uncompressed screenshots - I'll just link them in case people don't want to see anything from the game before playing it themselves (all from the first hour):

https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarbnyrp.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarg5yzj.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarvyb56.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazar4vanr.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarpcz1c.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazar5ulet.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarmqbv8.png

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice that imgur converted most of my PNGs to JPEGs. Fixed!

Oh, that doesn't look half bad at all! Good to hear framerate is solid too. Thx, itschris.

The only part I got nervous for a split second in RE 5 was in the caves with the latern. Could have been scary as fuck... that was it.

Had the same expectation fall flat in that game, but I actually found the Reapers unsettling. With how things were looking in the Greenhouse in RE7, I was hoping for something similar to pop up but nope.

However, I can't say RE had ever been that scary outside of a gotcha jump scare. Silent Hill was more of that jam.

I love RE5 btw lol
Same. Even the Beginning Hour demo was so damn tense for me. But the atmosphere, combat, grimy Texas Chainsaw-esque tone, etc. and the positive reviews and impressions sold me. Looking forward to playing tonight

Sounds like the CE edition exclusive at gamestop won't be at stores till wednesday. Man what a complete fuck up by Gamestop... damn.

Jharp

Anyword on DLC that Season Pass will contain?

I fear I'm getting my hopes up too high. Would be so cool if we got a rebuilt RE1 mansion or something.

Or maybe just an endless survival mode. That'd be rad. Something like Rev 2's version of Raid Mode but with this game's mechanics.

So pumped to unlock this tonight. Right into my bloodstream, Capcom.

What consensus of Normal difficulty?
Usually I like to play horror games in easy mode (don't ask its just habit of mine) but I don't mind normal if its not too hard.

Maximo

Should the game be played on Madhouse? Usually play every game on the hardest difficulty but the description of Madhouse and hearing some of the reviews it sounds more frustrating rather then challenging.

Akronis

Anyword on DLC that Season Pass will contain?

I fear I'm getting my hopes up too high. Would be so cool if we got a rebuilt RE1 mansion or something.

Or maybe just an endless survival mode. That'd be rad. Something like Rev 2's version of Raid Mode but with this game's mechanics.

So pumped to unlock this tonight. Right into my bloodstream, Capcom.

Funny you mention that...

kromeo

Should the game be played on Madhouse? Usually play every game on the hardest difficulty but the description of Madhouse and hearing some of the reviews it sounds more frustrating rather then challenging.

It changes more than just difficulty, it sounds like it's definitely recommended to play on normal first time through

Does the game support HDR on PC?

Yes, as long as your card supports it

Jawmuncher

What consensus of Normal difficulty?
Usually I like to play horror games in easy mode (don't ask its just habit of mine) but I don't mind normal if its not too hard.

Everyone seems to say wait on madhouse. It's more equivalent to the games "insane" mode rather than hard mode.

Or like the older REs Madouse is like RE6 no mercy.

Saw that the reviews are good and immediately preloaded on Steam. Demo ran well so this should be amazing

Super jealous of those about to play it in VR though

Roldan

This game needs that "violence and gore" warning on the start, like the early RE games. Just finished the prologue and jesus fuck.

robotrock

Banned
I just bought this! Reviews are too good to ignore.

Resident Evil is a series I've always wanted to get into, but never really felt the motivation to play through them. I've played bits of Remake, 4, 5, and 6, but they've never grabbed me.

Hoping this game gets me to check them out 4realz

Fisty

6 hours and we in.

Going full Madhouse, don't even give a fuck. I want it to be hard. I want the stakes to be ridiculously high. I want this game to punish me sooooooo good.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just bought this! Reviews are too good to ignore.

Resident Evil is a series I've always wanted to get into, but never really felt the motivation to play through them. I've played bits of Remake, 4, 5, and 6, but they've never grabbed me.

Hoping this game gets me to check them out 4realz

Look forward to your impressions, always fun to see what newcomers think of entries (and I haven't played RE7 yet, so guess will be seeing what I think of it, but curious what relative newcomers think of it too).

Top Bottom