• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Anyway to tell which weapons are better?

I'm assuming the double barrel shotgun is stronger with the trade-off of less ammo but I'm not really sure what the difference is between the handguns.

Pretty much the same thing as the shotguns. More power, less ammo.

just finished the BedRoom part of the DLC

WOW, not that's how you make an amazing DLC

took me 1h30m

and that's just only one part of the dlc, there are 3 in total, Bedroom, Nightmare and Ethan must die

i'll try the others now

it's just pisses me off how they cut this content from the game to sell at as "DLC"

it would have raised the game's scores, the BedRoom part of the DLC is right now the best part of the game for me

Please stop, you're getting me too hyped.

I hope it releases tonight.

I was really, really enjoying the game until I go to
the fucking chainsaw boss fight. This shit is insanely annoying to me. I've tried it probably 7 times now. I can't try more than twice in a row before I have to turn it off and do something else to be less pissed off

What difficulty are you playing on? Make use of the bags and do some ninja dodging/crouching before he goes for his weapon.

RikkTheGaijin

Capcom Artist
I think you guys might enjoy this picture of Pete and Clancy. :)

Iuk6FGK.jpg

Disgraced

I was really, really enjoying the game until I go to
the fucking chainsaw boss fight. This shit is insanely annoying to me. I've tried it probably 7 times now. I can't try more than twice in a row before I have to turn it off and do something else to be less pissed off
I had a hard time with it as well until I staggered him with the bags and swung at his back like a madman with the chainsaw. I used maybe 4-5 bullets just to stave him off. Also, you can duck under or block his instakill attack with the saw.

JayEH

took me 1h30m

and that's just only one part of the dlc, there are 3 in total, Bedroom, Nightmare and Ethan must die

i'll try the others now

it's just pisses me off how they cut this content from the game to sell at as "DLC"

it would have raised the game's scores, the BedRoom part of the DLC is right now the best part of the game for me

yeah it's kind of shitty especially since it seems like Ethan Must Die would have been an unlockable mode for beating the game in past entries.

Jawmuncher

yeah it's kind of shitty especially since it seems like Ethan Must Die would have been an unlockable mode for beating the game in past entries.

I feel like the Birthday themed one would have been a after game unlockable. Just because of how fucking ridiculous it sounds. Feeding jack food and he throws up if it's bad? Like how can you even sell that besides bundling it like they did.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Sigh, I really hate enemies that can't die and that you have to continuously run from and waste ammo, health on.

Is this basically the whole game in a nutshell? Explore a bit, unkillable enemy chases you, rinse and repeat?

Jawmuncher

Sigh, I really hate enemies that can't die and that you have to continuously run from and waste ammo, health on.

Is this basically the whole game in a nutshell? Explore a bit, unkillable enemy chases you, rinse and repeat?

Nope. At most stalking for me lasted all of 7 minutes across the entire game. It's a very small part of the game really.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I'm glad to hear that, because I love the atmosphere, but I'm getting sick of this old man ruining it.

SexyFish

Banned

Jack is the only unkillable thing that chases you. Also just try you best to avoid him. I don't think I wasted any ammo on him during stalking segments.

Unai

Playing my second playthrough now trying to beat it under 4 hours on easy. I just beat
Marguerite
with 1:32. Should be manageable, right?

Jombie

The only boss encounter I hated was
Jack's final form and its cliché shoot the glowing parts bullshit. I hated the mechanics and visual design; Jack wears out his welcome before.

hughesta

Banned
The only boss encounter I hated was
Jack's final form and its cliché shoot the glowing parts bullshit. I hated the mechanics and visual design; Jack wears out his welcome before.
awww I really enjoy that fight. Plays differently from every other boss in the game, and is essentially
the final boss, considering how lame the Evie fight is.

beat it twice over the weekend. First play through normal: 13 hours
Second, on easy 3 hours.

Amped for madhouse for sure!!! I really liked it. A certain part near the end is indeed "trash" but the rest of the game is great enough that i am recommending it to others! :) Most fun i have had in an RE game for many years 8/10 from me!!

Jinaar

RE7_100.jpg

Finally did it! Bring on the DLC!

Should just add, loved playing it so many times. Madhouse is legit. It really made me understand the house layout more, blocking and how to proceed with more thought. Loved it!

Ship section
might be my favorite part so far,
playing as Mia with a machine gun is just the right Cameron-ish
vibes for me.

xviper

just played a round of Nightmare mode from the DLC

it's pretty awesome, much better than i expected

it's similar to COD zombies, you buy already placed traps, open doors, earn money and buy ammo\guns

and there is progress, there is a huge list of things you can unlock by playing, all the points you earn in a match it gets counted( basically a XP) for example, i finished my first game and earned 60k, in order to unlock the magnum you need 200k

just imagine if this DLC wasn't cut and it was part of the main game, and the next DLC which is coming in 2 weeks

such a shame, RE 7 could have easily scored 90+ on Metacritic

this DLC is a 10\10

DirtyLarry

Hey All,
Just a few questions to try and gauge how much further I have to go.

I just
got the Red & Blue Key Cards and talked to the dude who invited me to the party.
Do I still have a ways to go? In particular, I am wondering if I can
start using the grenade launcher I have had for awhile now?

If you feel like it is a disservice to answer the second part, I understand actually, so just letting me know how much further I have to go I will make up my own mind.

TIA,
DL

EDIT - One thing I think is total BS, as I do think this game is damn near perfect, and unless I am missing something, you
cannot carry more than 10 enhanced gun ammo at a time?I wasted some resources making more,
and it looks like I got screwed as I already had some.

Hey All,
Just a few questions to try and gauge how much further I have to go.

I just
got the Red & Blue Key Cards and talked to the dude who invited me to the party.
Do I still have a ways to go? In particular, I am wondering if I can
start using the grenade launcher I have had for awhile now?

If you feel like it is a disservice to answer the second part, I understand actually, so just letting me know how much further I have to go I will make up my own mind.

TIA,
DL

You're halfway done

it's similar to COD zombies, you buy already placed traps, open doors, earn money and buy ammoguns

and there is progress, there is a huge list of things you can unlock by playing, all the points you earn in a match it gets counted( basically a XP) for example, i finished my first game and earned 60k, in order to unlock the magnum you need 200k

just imagine if this DLC wasn't cut and it was part of the main game, and the next DLC which is coming in 2 weeks

this DLC is a 1010

Sounds great 👍 Is it up on PSN?

it's similar to COD zombies, you buy already placed traps, open doors, earn money and buy ammoguns

this DLC is a 1010
Are there any story spoilers in it? My girlfriend and I are playing it together every couple of nights but I'm hungry to play more on my own and something that is pure gameplay will be bought by me.

took me 1h30m

i'll try the others now

Okay, buying this asap.

DirtyLarry

You're halfway done
Damn only halfway? Then yeah that without a doubt answers my second question. I have a long way to go!! I hate the fact I only get to game in short bursts these days. Cannot get in any kind of flow as a result. Oh well it is what it is. Thanks!

Cubed

Ship section
might be my favorite part so far,
playing as Mia with a machine gun is just the right Cameron-ish
vibes for me.
Liking that part of the game is not a popular opinion, so if you liked that part you're likely to not find a single section lacking.

I too seem to enjoy that section more than most.

Liking that part of the game is not a popular opinion, so if you liked that part you're likely to not find a single section lacking.

Not true at all, a lot of people agree that
the Old House
is worse upon reflection.

how many bosses are there in the game and can someone list them for me so i have a decent idea where i'm at
Four.

Mia
Jack
Margaurite
Evaline

I mean you go from
Ethan in awesome scary atmospheric situations to my girl Mia with a machine gun on a huge fully realized ship and the plot shoots up to 11 in a big new awesome and atmospheric situation
I have no fuckin idea how this is not awesome

Top Bottom